Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

actual, honest feedback on the dev workshop.

OllyDG

let me preface this by saying that DE, i love your game with all my soul. i have never disliked an update before (i even thought scarlet spear was fun!) i have also been a long time railjack fan. 29.10 looks great in a lot of ways, but there are some things that are just no.

PLEXUS

now that battle avionics are player side, toxicity will breed even more in the railjack community. before, the host's railjack was an equaliser for gear. it didn't matter if you were an mr1 who had just finished vor's prize, or an mr30 who's been playing since closed beta. everyone could be equally useful, because they all had the same tools.  

but now, we're in another tridolon situation. if you don't have maxed out guns and avionics, you'll be harassed off the ship for being dead weight. but you can't get these guns or avionics because nobody will have you. but at least you can always be a support role, right....

THE DEATH OF AN ENGINEER

i understand the problem you were trying to address here. trolls are a legitimate problem with public railjack games, and they can compromise a mission if they get to the forge. the rework, though, brings a whole new problem. engineers, and the forge, are now effectively useless. all you can make there are dome charges (which if your crew has good aim you'll need to recharge maybe once a mission), and missiles. this alone would be a heavy blow to engineering, but the fact that missiles and domes now recharge is the nail in the coffin. even if the regens are the absolute worst thing imaginable, the best case scenario for engineering is "someone runs down to the forge once per mission to fill stuff up." this feeds back into the toxicity problem again. for a player who has awful aim, being engineer was pretty much the only role for me until i filled out every avionic so i could draw enemies into one place. but if i started railjack *now*? i'd be run outta the place, because there's no way for me to help the team other than "git gud at aiming".  

i know you aren't gonna listen to this thread, but i needed to put it out there anyways. 

1 hour ago, OllyDG said:

but now, we're in another tridolon situation.

If the players are harassing you just leave and find another group. Toxicity will never go away, but you can avoid it. Also, public matches generally rarely judge your loadout. 

1 hour ago, OllyDG said:

THE DEATH OF AN ENGINEER

i understand the problem you were trying to address here. trolls are a legitimate problem with public railjack games, and they can compromise a mission if they get to the forge. the rework, though, brings a whole new problem. engineers, and the forge, are now effectively useless. all you can make there are dome charges (which if your crew has good aim you'll need to recharge maybe once a mission), and missiles. this alone would be a heavy blow to engineering, but the fact that missiles and domes now recharge is the nail in the coffin. even if the regens are the absolute worst thing imaginable, the best case scenario for engineering is "someone runs down to the forge once per mission to fill stuff up." this feeds back into the toxicity problem again. for a player who has awful aim, being engineer was pretty much the only role for me until i filled out every avionic so i could draw enemies into one place. but if i started railjack *now*? i'd be run outta the place, because there's no way for me to help the team other than "git gud at aiming".  

DE effectively has killed the CO-OP aspect on Railjack and that’s a good one. It will make bad players less of a dead weight because a player can basically carry everyone to victory. Majority of the player base are not willing to cooperate in public anyway. Every man for himself.

Archived