Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice on Selling Arcanes

(PSN)GOTWIC

Question

Hello,

So I stockpiled all the arcanes I farmed from OVE. I was gonna sit on them for a month or two more before I start selling (3 grace 2 energize 1 aegis 1 guardian). However, the patch notes for the new update came out and apparently there will be a new missions where you can farm arcanes.

Arcanes (grace/energize) right now still aren't 500-600 yet (I'm on console). Given that there will be a new way to farm arcanes, does it make sense to panic sell them now for 100p less per arcane?

Any advice is appreciated since I don't know much about this topic.

Thank you!

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, (PSN)GOTWIC said:

Hello,

So I stockpiled all the arcanes I farmed from OVE. I was gonna sit on them for a month or two more before I start selling (3 grace 2 energize 1 aegis 1 guardian). However, the patch notes for the new update came out and apparently there will be a new missions where you can farm arcanes.

Arcanes (grace/energize) right now still aren't 500-600 yet (I'm on console). Given that there will be a new way to farm arcanes, does it make sense to panic sell them now for 100p less per arcane?

Any advice is appreciated since I don't know much about this topic.

Thank you!

- "panic selling" never make sense. Panic anything never make sense.

- you have 7 arcanes. Are they're all maxed? If not, you have absolutely no reason to panic nor worry about anything. If they are maxed, you can always break them down and sell them separately. I found it's easier to sell.

- I didn't read the patch notes, but I watched reb's video and it doesn't describe how easy or how hard the new OV will be for farming arcanes. For all i know, it could be as ridiculous drop chance as eidolons -if not even worse. Please cmiiw.

- i don't know and not going to pretend that i know about market on ps, but arcane energize on PC before OV was about 60p each, about 30p each during OV, and about 40p each after OV. They never worth 100p+. Maxed arcanes however, should not be sold for less than 100p by people who values their time, their life, or still have common sense. That's like 4p each, you'll get more profit selling prime junks, it's absolutely nonsense.

You didn't specify if you have 7 arcanes or 7 maxed arcanes, so I can't figure out how much platinums we're talking here. But If you ask me, just start listing them on sale for normal price. Set them on cheaper side if you want to compete with other sellers, but never in panic.

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

- "panic selling" never make sense. Panic anything never make sense.

- you have 7 arcanes. Are they're all maxed? If not, you have absolutely no reason to panic nor worry about anything. If they are maxed, you can always break them down and sell them separately. I found it's easier to sell.

- I didn't read the patch notes, but I watched reb's video and it doesn't describe how easy or how hard the new OV will be for farming arcanes. For all i know, it could be as ridiculous drop chance as eidolons -if not even worse. Please cmiiw.

- i don't know and not going to pretend that i know about market on ps, but arcane energize on PC before OV was about 60p each, about 30p each during OV, and about 40p each after OV. They never worth 100p+. Maxed arcanes however, should not be sold for less than 100p by people who values their time, their life, or still have common sense. That's like 4p each, you'll get more profit selling prime junks, it's absolutely nonsense.

You didn't specify if you have 7 arcanes or 7 maxed arcanes, so I can't figure out how much platinums we're talking here. But If you ask me, just start listing them on sale for normal price. Set them on cheaper side if you want to compete with other sellers, but never in panic.

My bad. All of them are maxed arcanes. Also, grace/energize on ps4 are selling for about 400p right now. Normally, its like 500-600. Also, when I mentioned 100p I didn't mean sell them from 100p, but for 100p less than the regular price.

Also, people are stupid. Most think that just because there is (will be) an alternative way to farm arcanes, grace/energize is suddenly 10p. This is exactly what happened in OVE (Yes, people were buying AND selling at 10p-15p r0 legendaries). Most of these people didn't realize that even with a maxed out squad, eidolon hunting would yield more stuff than OVE. The only thing that made OVE playable was the fact that you could choose your arcanes. This is what I'm worried about.

Archived