Jump to content

Rebuilding Destroyed Relays


Recommended Posts

I have heard tell from 'older' players of relay building events. As I understand it, if to many relays are destroyed from 'failing' Formrian and Armada events then a rebuilding event occurs.

Assuming that's true - Today is login day 714 for me and as far as I'm aware the PSN Tenno have not lost a relay in more time than that. ( I have no idea about the other platforms. )

I'd like to suggest that as a 'reward' for say, every 12 months, of not losing a relay an event could be held to rebuild a destroyed relay. Then if all the relays remain built for a further 12 months perhaps a reward of an Ayatan bundle or a 75% off voucher (or some such) could be offered to those who have completed several Formorian / Armada events over the course of that year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fomorian and Razorback events are actually rigged, they'll always die before reaching the Relay, no matter what. The original Eyes of Blight operation did feature Fomorians killing Relays; there was originally a Relay for every planet, but they were destroyed until only 3 were left on each platform. 

One Relay was rebuilt during the Pyrus Project operation, either Earth's or Mercury's depending on platform, and you can tell because it's got a different style. Other than that no Relays have been rebuilt (Maroo's Bazaar technically doesn't count as a Relay). I imagine DE would like to avoid having too many Relays, as they're designed for Tenno to group up in, and spreading everyone out kinda ruins the point. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

The Fomorian and Razorback events are actually rigged, they'll always die before reaching the Relay, no matter what. The original Eyes of Blight operation did feature Fomorians killing Relays; there was originally a Relay for every planet, but they were destroyed until only 3 were left on each platform. 

So Jupiter had a relay before? Because if every planet had a relay, shouldn't there be more destroyed areas indicating those spots around the planets?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

So Jupiter had a relay before? Because if every planet had a relay, shouldn't there be more destroyed areas indicating those spots around the planets?

Ah, my memory was foggy but the Eyes of Blight wiki page has the details of exactly what happened to every Relay. There indeed wasn't a Jupiter Relay, or any at Mars, Phobos or Ceres either. Just Mercury, Venus, Earth, Saturn, Europa, Eris and Pluto, with 4 destroyed on every platform and one repaired.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

The Fomorian and Razorback events are actually rigged, they'll always die before reaching the Relay, no matter what.

So the destroyed relays on Venus (Vesper), Europa (Leonov), and Pluto (Orcus) are all just 'painted on for show' and were never actual functional relays?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, (PSN)thorfinn01 said:

 

So the destroyed relays on Venus (Vesper), Europa (Leonov), and Pluto (Orcus) are all just 'painted on for show' and were never actual functional relays?

 

They were just as functional as our current Relays. In fact, nobody could really tell which ones were going to be destroyed (maybe some Fomorians had more health or something to ensure some got through, but it wasn't immediately obvious). You could even enter the Relays and get a Vay Hek transmission right as the Fomorian was about to fire.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There has only been a single rebuild event. Different platforms have had different destroyed relays. On PC, it was the Earth relay that was rebuilt during the event.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...