Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Split Arcane Rewards Between Orphix and Eidolons

MomoMode

The addition of a new way to gain Arcanes is great, in my opinion. I like not having to rely on others when I cannot quite yet handle Eidolons, or waiting every other hour. However, I have seen many people worry that this farm will greatly overshadow Eidolon hunting because it may be seen as easier or does not have a time limit. I think a possible fix could be to split the Arcane rewards between Eidolons and Orphixes. This way, each reward table would be smaller and hopefully be less of a grind, while also keeping each place relevant.

Thoughts? I see this as a compromise, but others may see it as just double the work. I think there needs to be something to make each worthwhile, because otherwise the grind may simply just shift to Orphixes or never even move to it.

eidolons are really really really bad for players with photo sensitivity. I was locked out of arcanes until scarlet spear and orphix venom. Your proposition means people like me would still be locked out of arcanes although a smaller pool of them.

There are other reasons to do eidolons than just the arcanes they are the only source of riven transmutors, the only way to un-waybound focus abilities, one of the faster ways to farm focus, and their syndicate has all the basic stat boost magus for your operator, and some of the best amp parts. Arcanes being more accessible are important as they've become a major staple of end game builds.

9 hours ago, MomoMode said:

The addition of a new way to gain Arcanes is great, in my opinion. I like not having to rely on others when I cannot quite yet handle Eidolons, or waiting every other hour. However, I have seen many people worry that this farm will greatly overshadow Eidolon hunting because it may be seen as easier or does not have a time limit. I think a possible fix could be to split the Arcane rewards between Eidolons and Orphixes. This way, each reward table would be smaller and hopefully be less of a grind, while also keeping each place relevant.

Thoughts? I see this as a compromise, but others may see it as just double the work. I think there needs to be something to make each worthwhile, because otherwise the grind may simply just shift to Orphixes or never even move to it.

I could not agree more to parts of what you write. I understand and agree that opening up arcanes pool other places then Tricap is fine. But like you say, it might actually kill an amazing and fun game mode. Hunting is fun when you have invested in frames and experience to be able to do 5x3. 
A split reward pool I disagree with. If DE wants to move away from exclusivity , and if earning arcanes is gonna be as easy as during OV event. They should rework the reward pool on eidolon hunting away from RNG, and into a token/resource system. And give Onko the arcanes where we can purchase. That way you can choose what you want to do. 

Oh no, nobody is going to suffer the extreme elitism of the Tricap community anymore! Who else am I supposed to bully? KEEP US RELEVANT!

How about no? Eidolons is easily one of the most toxic parts of Warframe's PvE community, and MAYBE those a-holes can get knocked down a peg if people can actually choose where to farm their Arcanes.

In any case, I highly doubt Orphixes are going to be nearly as fast for grinding Arcanes as tryharding Tricaps anyway.

I want to see eidolons fall out of tier so that more difficult new enemies and new rewards will come. The game will never have new content if the community continues to defend eidolons as a top tier enemy or ultimate game boss

And yes, maybe eidolon will become unpopular after this update but this problem can be fixed by adding some reward to eidolon hunts.

Eidolon Shard's are useless rewards after maximizing the focus tree. My suggestion is to convert Eidolon Shards to Cash, Kuva, Fragments Riven or Forma(not diagram)

One of the biggest reason why nobody feels like running Eidolon hunts anymore is that there's so much Arcane loot table dillution that it's pretty much impossible to legit acquire a full set of 21 of each Arcanes. I mean , realistically, how many runs do you think it would take you to legit make a full set of Arcane Energize using Eidolons and not buying them off trade chat ? . Back when you only needed 10 arcanes it was doable, but nowadays, who in their right mind would attempt to farm 21 of the same Rare arcane legit in a system with so many Arcanes as potential drops.

I think the solution might be to split the Arcane Pools into different content and perhaps even rotations , so you can focus farm them better.

Personally I would do the following:

• Remove the fact Eidolons only spawn at night and allow us to run them during the day (Mission in the bounty tab) .Would fix both the annoying "must wait for nightime" and the stress of having to run as many eidolons per nighttime cycle, allowing less experienced Hunters to run the content for fun. Plus would remove the annoying "lures dissapear and you just wasted your offering shards".
  • Split the Arcane pools between night and day cycles.
  • Further Split the Arcane Pools between Cetus and Orphix Venom, possibly with different Arcanes in Orphix Venom if you're in a grineer or corpus ship.
  • Ideally, make it so that the Orphix and Cetus loot pools switch between each other on a weekly basis... Allowing People burned out of one of the two gamemodes to avoid it and still get the arcanes. It would also protect from boredom, as someone that's farming let's say Energize would spend Week 1 on Grineer Orphix, Week 2 on Day Cetus, Week 3 on Corpus Orphix and Week 4 on Night Cetus.
  • Keep the Orphix Venom system of acquiring points for doing the activity and being able to purchase specific Arcanes, but also extend it to Cetus. That way you passively get random arcanes for completions but can also buy the ones you really want to complete a set.

Congrats, you now have split your Arcanes into four different activities and people can now target farm them much more efficiently while somewhat avoiding the burnout that comes with running the exact same activity over and over again.

Those all seem like sensible suggestions.

I would love to see more of the token-based economy they seem to have embraced with Deimos; it's odd and unfortunate that they seem averse to bringing that back for the Arcanes.
It allows for players to progress via playing what they enjoy, at their own pace, and cuts out a lot of what might otherwise exhaust and alienate and discourage people.

Eidolons aren't any harder than any other content in the game. It just seems harder due to people not progressing their Operators, but that's no different to doing SP with no mods, or OV without your own modded Necramech. When geared, Eidolons consist of a lot of standing around being blinded by lights.

The main difference between groups just comes down to squeezing an extra run into a cycle, and that's mainly got nothing to do with difficulty.

So no, Eidolons don't deserve any additional exclusive rewards if difficulty is the argument.

4 hours ago, CyberneticSusurrus said:

Those all seem like sensible suggestions.

I would love to see more of the token-based economy they seem to have embraced with Deimos; it's odd and unfortunate that they seem averse to bringing that back for the Arcanes.
It allows for players to progress via playing what they enjoy, at their own pace, and cuts out a lot of what might otherwise exhaust and alienate and discourage people.

If all content used tokens, then it makes using existing rewards as a reward for events difficult to even do. SS and OV were rewarding for the typical player entirely because arcanes were annoying to get. It isn't any different to how Plague Star was good for formas, you have to trade or deal with the limitation or a dull farm to get them.

20 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Keep the Orphix Venom system of acquiring points for doing the activity and being able to purchase specific Arcanes, but also extend it to Cetus. That way you passively get random arcanes for completions but can also buy the ones you really want to complete a set.

The points/shop was tied to the event and not mission. DE already said the shop wasn't being brought back and Arcanes were rotational drops.

Unless they do something different, it's safe to assume terrible RNG in getting them. If some complaints were tied to assuming you earned them like the event, don't worry, even faming them through OV will be annoying, most likely.

On 2021-03-08 at 8:27 PM, MomoMode said:

However, I have seen many people worry that this farm will greatly overshadow Eidolon hunting because it may be seen as easier or does not have a time limit. I think a possible fix could be to split the Arcane rewards between Eidolons and Orphixes. This way, each reward table would be smaller and hopefully be less of a grind, while also keeping each place relevant.

You're telling me that the mission that has no time limits, and can be run at any time would attract more players to it? Sounds reasonable if you ask me. Especially if it is easier.

Here's another idea instead of splitting the rewards. Take the time limits off the Eidolons, and make them less of a constant rave with a billion flashing lights and maybe some of us will want to do them. They are by far the worst on the eyes in this entire game. And they're time gated. Did I mention that you can't just go farm them whenever? I feel like I didn't mention that enough.

On 2021-03-12 at 6:51 PM, Yamazuki said:

Eidolons aren't any harder than any other content in the game. It just seems harder due to people not progressing their Operators, but that's no different to doing SP with no mods, or OV without your own modded Necramech.

Everyone has mods. You get mods from playing the game.

Not everyone has a real amp. You need a real amp only for eidelons, and you also only get a real amp by doing eidelon stuff or that fortuna stuff that's hidden behind eighty thousand hours of medical debt bond farming you get exclusively from doing bounties that give nothing worthwhile.

On 2021-03-13 at 1:42 AM, CaptainMinty said:

You're telling me that the mission that has no time limits, and can be run at any time would attract more players to it? Sounds reasonable if you ask me. Especially if it is easier.

Here's another idea instead of splitting the rewards. Take the time limits off the Eidolons, and make them less of a constant rave with a billion flashing lights and maybe some of us will want to do them. They are by far the worst on the eyes in this entire game. And they're time gated. Did I mention that you can't just go farm them whenever? I feel like I didn't mention that enough.

You do forget that Arcanes are Market Items right? Your suggestion will only crash the arcane market even more than it already is. Once that happens.. no one will even bother to try Orphix or Eidolons because how worthless arcanes will become. These two types of content will be not worth the effort.

12 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You do forget that Arcanes are Market Items right? Your suggestion will only crash the arcane market even more than it already is. Once that happens.. no one will even bother to try Orphix or Eidolons because how worthless arcanes will become. These two types of content will be not worth the effort.

most people consider crashing the arcane market a good thing. People will still play orphix and eidolons to get arcanes the driving force will simply change from profit to need.

22 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

... might I ask what you think people purchase Arcanes for exactly?

22 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I'm sorry but when I see people say that the arcane market will crash, I get a small smile. I've done over 30 captures and had one rare drop. Just one. An Arcane Grace. Singular. Over 30 attempts, just one drop. That's a whole load of not worth my time when there's so much more content to be had. Not to mention that's a quick way to burn myself right out of the game and just leave it again.

I say let the Arcane market burn down another few pegs. Because frankly Arcanes are way too tedious to farm while gated by a time limit. Also, Arcanes aren't worth the effort right now. That's why so few people still do Eidolons. Arcanes also won't become worthless. It isn't like they'll be nerfed. They'll just be more common. And considering you need 21 of the suckers to complete an Arcane set, they really should be less rare.

No thanks. Eidolons have been around for almost five years, arcanes being exclusive solely to them for much of that time. We're long overdue having an alternate method of farming them that isn't a limited time event store. I have never and probably will never understand the mentality of some people in PvE games that demand "they must suffer because I had to suffer" it's a disgusting attitude to have and one we ought to move on from. 

Archived