Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reimbursement Methods Are Bad

Ceadeus

So, like the title says, I believe the methods used for defining who classifies for what level of reimbursement are really bad.  I think they're bad because it implies that your investment into Railjack comes solely from how much wreckage you built when the reality of Railjack is that a lot of it simply wasn't needed.  It was very easy to simply hold on to weaker parts for the majority of the content while letting avionics and such do all the heavy lifting or even just to piggy-back off someone else's ship until you could get whatever you considered "the best" pieces of wreckage for your playstyle and then only build those.  For people who did the previously mentioned, that could mean they never even met the 12 wreckage requirement for T2 even if they had a max level Railjack and maxed avionics, and maxed etc etc.

All of this also leads me to my next problem which is that unless all existing avionics were automatically converted to mods of equal rank, it sounds like there's really no compensation for the dirac investment we put into those or even for the avionics themselves if we just have to start from scratch, only the grid seems to be accounted for in the current wording of the dev workshop.  Are we really to just completely reset on our mods and their rankings at 0 compensation or at best a preset reward bundle that both might not reflect our actual investment into the system and we also might not even qualify for in the first place if we approached the content a certain way?

I'd really like for a dev to see this and at the very least comment on it if we're missing some information, and hopefully present these issues to whatever people are in charge of these decisions if not because this is incredibly worrying and honestly could have a massively negative impact on the reception of Railjack if people log in only to find that they've been effectively robbed and told to redo all the grind again.  I'd really like for this update to launch successfully and go over well as there are definitely some more positive aspects to it, but right now it very much comes off as an at least partial attempt at artificially extending the content just by pushing some of us back to square 1.

Regarding the items, you can easily grind out MK1 parts which are super cheap to build. I agree that it does not represent the time invested into railjack but honestly it's incredibly easy to pull of especially if your looking to get those tier 3 rewards.

I do hope they are planning on keeping our avionics at their current level. Especially since the grid is going away that means there will be a 3 level point that we must spend endo on our avionics to bridge (which means we are gonna have to spend w/e endo we get back to upgrade our avionic mods which will likely result in a net loss for us).

On 2021-03-08 at 9:08 PM, Omawgawd said:

Regarding the items, you can easily grind out MK1 parts which are super cheap to build. I agree that it does not represent the time invested into railjack but honestly it's incredibly easy to pull of especially if your looking to get those tier 3 rewards.

Even so, the idea behind the whole update was to create LESS grind and barrier to entry, so forcing us to do all that just for a likely still inaccurate representation of our investment seems like a pretty bad idea.

13 hours ago, Ceadeus said:

Even so, the idea behind the whole update was to create LESS grind and barrier to entry, so forcing us to do all that just for a likely still inaccurate representation of our investment seems like a pretty bad idea.

So good news, looks like they changed it so you only need 6 wrecks and a maxed grid now. Though, I can't say how long maxing the grid will take (can't imagine its much of a grind tbh).

Am 12.3.2021 um 03:16 schrieb Omawgawd:

So good news, looks like they changed it so you only need 6 wrecks and a maxed grid now. Though, I can't say how long maxing the grid will take (can't imagine its much of a grind tbh).

It's certainly takes more time than just to biuld T1 wreckage - much more time.

I'm hoping, with the change to what is required to get T3 Rewards, that the complaint here isn't something like "ugh it's too much grind just to max out an Avionics Grid that's about to be removed within a week for those rewards" because that's obviously the point:

Seperate those who haven't played Railjack from those who have.

19 hours ago, Kategari said:

I'm hoping, with the change to what is required to get T3 Rewards, that the complaint here isn't something like "ugh it's too much grind just to max out an Avionics Grid that's about to be removed within a week for those rewards" because that's obviously the point:

No, this post was made when the condition was still 12 pieces of wreckage when there wasn't even a point to crafting 12 pieces of wreckage if you wanted to be efficient.  I'm fine with the grid idea.  Though I'm still not positive the reimbursement will reflect the investment both just from a time and resource standpoint.

Am 15.3.2021 um 23:55 schrieb Kategari:

If that was the case DE could just extract the time you've spend in a railjack from your profile. 

Archived