Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to kuva lich fast in 2021?

Exqualater

Question

I tried many times to capture or kill Kuva Lich quickly, but it took me at best - 3 days. I tried to collect the requiem murmurs as soon as possible, open up new planets to search for players, but the fastest result was 3 days.
I do not know how to speed up this process. A bunch of guides revised - did not help. What to do?

5 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

So you're willingly shooting yourself in the foot and blaming the game for it ? Sure, that makes sense. Going solo while you could go pub at any point and have almost everytime a full squad of radiants rolling on a very small drop table... Like if that was anywhere close to farming primes, where you need to get extremely specific drops on a giant drop table (unless you spend half an hour getting a radshare together), yeah, tooootally the same thing.

Oh and relics are soooo hard to obtain right ? Not like you could go in lich missions as soon as you get a couple requiems to try out and get a ton of relics from thralls right ? Oh wait, you can.

You only have 5 mods after a year while I got several copies of all after a week (and I'm by far NOT a powergrinder like some, only playing an hour per week day at absolute most after work)... nah that's the game, it couldn't be that you're incapable of playing the game half efficiently right ?

Hilarious, haven't needed to grind requiems since the first week of the first lich update. If anything, I'd love to need to go out there a bit more, it was a nice change of pace to grind relics in kuva fortress.

But you obviously don't want to be convinced, so have fun doing the most suboptimal grind possible and blaming the game for it.

What I've been saying.

I don't mind people who seek challenge by handicapping themselves.

But shooting yourself in the foot and then blaming marathon system because you can't run... Is just straight up karen.

He can justify the method all he want -i'm sure they're all legitimate reasons... it's the complaining that's not gonna win him any rep around here. 

6 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

So you're willingly shooting yourself in the foot and blaming the game for it ? Sure, that makes sense. Going solo while you could go pub at any point and have almost everytime a full squad of radiants rolling on a very small drop table... Like if that was anywhere close to farming primes, where you need to get extremely specific drops on a giant drop table (unless you spend half an hour getting a radshare together), yeah, tooootally the same thing.

Oh and relics are soooo hard to obtain right ? Not like you could go in lich missions as soon as you get a couple requiems to try out and get a ton of relics from thralls right ? Oh wait, you can.

You only have 5 mods after a year while I got several copies of all after a week (and I'm by far NOT a powergrinder like some, only playing an hour per week day at absolute most after work)... nah that's the game, it couldn't be that you're incapable of playing the game half efficiently right ?

Hilarious, haven't needed to grind requiems since the first week of the first lich update. If anything, I'd love to need to go out there a bit more, it was a nice change of pace to grind relics in kuva fortress.

But you obviously don't want to be convinced, so have fun doing the most suboptimal grind possible and blaming the game for it.

Oh good you're now moving towards being condescending because I believe this part of the game isn't correctly taylored towards solo play. If it makes you feel better go right ahead.

Le 04/09/2021 à 21:29, RazerXPrime a dit :

Oh good you're now moving towards being condescending because I believe this part of the game isn't correctly taylored towards solo play. If it makes you feel better go right ahead.

Oh, a system like relic cracking, that has been a coop mode to its core since its conception and for many years now, isn't taylored for solo play ? What a shocker !

So that's the hill you're gonna die on ? Interesting, don't question yourself at any point, don't review your argument, you might have grown as a person, and we don't want that right ? Just avoid the debate by saying that I'm condescending, victim mentality is gonna get you far.

3 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

the only faster way for me was to use booster and just gamble with the mods. i have also watched videos with tips, everything is for the garbage can.

I had already kill with fist try (@hello lottery). but that's just not average. and at the beginning i tried to join publics because few mobs had already been killed there and i get the exp immediately. after the first key i usually play solo.
an average run with a booster takes between 2-3 hours.

what booster are you talking about exactly? O.o I'm not aware of any of them affecting lich progression speed.

Hoestly i dont think there is any real easy way. Its just hours you put into it. I do find personally that its quicker to rush you lich to the highest level, as you can get him to spawn almost every game and the murmirs are move valueable from that, plus you can try to backdoor the runes. But thats more just personal preference.

How on earth does it take you that long? Any more than say 2 hours is way too long. I take around 1 hour per lich on average, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a bit less. My method isn't for everyone, not everyone will enjoy playing this way. 

- I always Solo liches.
- Stick to missions Capture, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Sabotage and Survival
- I rush the missions I don't hang around waiting around for thralls. I always stab my lich and try to brute force the combination rather than bother farming all 3 murmur rings.
- If my lich appears I will grind out the 10 thralls that the lich converts, then stab and leave.
- Use a rad status weapon when the lich appears and rad proc the thralls to create thralls faster.
- I try to stagger the Mobile Defense and Survival missions a bit as theses are the 2 mission types that I'm likely to be in the mission for 5 minutes or more and has a better chance of spawning my lich, so I do a few missions in between to get some thralls and make the lich mad so it appears.
- Get your lich to level 5, it's rage meter seems to refill faster and increase the frequency of appearances.
- I use Mesa so I don't have to slow down while clearing thralls out.

There is no big speedup regarding liches. Just level lich quickly to min. lvl3 because then he will cover more planets and you will have more missions to choose from to get murmurs.

I was personally using my perma-invis Loki to play FAST missions: capture, sabotage, extermination.. Lich is defenseless against Loki.

I avoid rescue missions because I got prisoner killed pretty often when lich appeared.

1 hour ago, Exqualater said:

I tried many times to capture or kill Kuva Lich quickly, but it took me at best - 3 days. I tried to collect the requiem murmurs as soon as possible, open up new planets to search for players, but the fastest result was 3 days.
I do not know how to speed up this process. A bunch of guides revised - did not help. What to do?

go into recuiting an try an find some people doing murmur farming
if cant find anyone but do find people while in a lich mission try an suggest you stay with each other to help out

if you cant find anyone an keep having no luck finding or keeping players who are doing lich mission then here some tips
try not to stab your lich till you have first requiem learned so you can see if its slot 1 or not,
even if lich shows up an you havent learned first requiem then allow it to convert normal enemies to thralls for lil extra murmurs,
if first requiem you learned is slot one can try a wild guess stab with what you have set in slot 2,
if you do know your gonna be stabbing your lich when it spawn still have it convert some thralls but dont stab them  till after the lich is gone this way your able to raise its agression towards you some an save abit of time raising it back up.

remember that your lich only gains agression when you stab thralls on planets it controlls
tho even if planet is not controlled by the lich you still get murmur progress

i use wisp when lich hunting as
i get more damage cause of haste buff along with being able to go through mission faster
health mote makes harder to get killed as you max hp is raised an get regen
shock mote helps with abit of cc an damage to other enemies

vor 9 Stunden schrieb phase9:

please reduce the number of murmurs need !!!!! it is getting very annoying

Because every thing in this game must be achievable within at least 30 minutes. Hell no.

What I don't get is, the moment you have nothing left to grind in warframe you have barely a reason to play it anymore. 

Concerning the lich: as stated above, do the quick mission types, rank up the Lich and in about 2h it will be over. 

I use what I call the "Edging" technique (you'll understand the euphemism when you're older)

You start off with your Lich being Indifferent and a low chance of appearing. So at this time focus on time-based missions like Survival, Mobile Defense, and Defense -missions where having them appear would be annoying anyway.

Once they become Angry and start to show up we start 'edging'

now change focus to missions whose duration you can Easily Control, stuff like Spy, or Rescue, or Exterminate; where you can Control the Pace by ignoring the mission objective indefinitely.

get in the mission and kill as many grineer as possible while moving back and fourth between tiles; prefferrably with Alarms on to keep the spawns going. This will consistently spawn Thralls which you can farm. you want as many as possible Fast, because there's a 10 Thrall limit per mission; but this limit will reset if your Lich appears. so in theory you can get 20 if you manage 10 natural spawns then the Lich shows after.

Once your Lich spawns (and they should because they're pretty angry), Do Not Attack Them or Stab them. We don't want them to leave. Instead we want them to stay around as long as possible because they will Convert up to 10 Grineer into Thralls if they get within 20meters of them approx 15secs between Conversions.

Using a Stealth frame is great for this, as you can just camp and let the Lich Convert more Thralls.

Also I will switch to Operator and use Void Dash to 'push' Grineer into range of the Lich so they convert.

So you camp and farm up your 10 bonus Thralls for murmur. but Do Not be tempted to Stab the Lich at this time.

Instead continue to ignore them and just complete the mission.

The Lich will stay Angry, and have a high chance of appearing in the Next mission; where you will repeat the Thrall farming and Conversion camping process.

Never attack the Lich or reset their Anger level until you have enough Murmur to reveal all 3 Symbols.

Delayed Gratification, hence Edging.

-yes it is true that you get a big Murmur bonus for stabbing your Lich, but this is not nearly as much as you get from keeping them on Edge and farming Thrall Conversions Every Mission instead.

Using this method, I typically get my Lich Symbols all unlocked within 2.5 Planets worth of nodes cleared. and the Lich dead before the 3rd planet is cleared.

Am 9.3.2021 um 15:50 schrieb chaotea:

Hoestly i dont think there is any real easy way. Its just hours you put into it. I do find personally that its quicker to rush you lich to the highest level, as you can get him to spawn almost every game and the murmirs are move valueable from that, plus you can try to backdoor the runes. But thats more just personal preference.

the only faster way for me was to use booster and just gamble with the mods. i have also watched videos with tips, everything is for the garbage can.

I had already kill with fist try (@hello lottery). but that's just not average. and at the beginning i tried to join publics because few mobs had already been killed there and i get the exp immediately. after the first key i usually play solo.
an average run with a booster takes between 2-3 hours.

I don't recommend focusing only on murmur farming.

Especially with recruit chat without a planet mentioned, where they could go on any planet, which most likely does not have your lich, meaning you won't anger your lich and it will never spawn there either.

Also when you're done with murmur only you'll need to anger your lich and figure out the symbol order, which can take quite a while for them to spawn even once. But if you do both, you'll likely ranked it 5 by then and its anger will remain high after a stab, meaning more frequent spawns.

I recommend public matchmaking or recruiting with only planets you have, and look at the node started if it shows your lich name then it will get angry+spawn chance, otherwise if it says "Kuva Lich mission" then you will only get murmurs, no anger, no spawn.

The more the merrier as there's more chances that their lich spawns aswell and you can get a murmur boost if they stab'em (and most often than not they do stab'em).

By the time you get the 3rd symbol you likely already know the order and you also have some chances to guess some symbols aswell.

Once the lich reaches rank 5 its anger won't go down so the spawning should become faster at that point.

Also, if you know you're going to kill your lich next (or have a chance to spawn and guess the symbol), then don't matchmake into long missions, because lich has a tendency to spawn early in those and if you defeat it then no thralls spawn for the entireity of the mission.

If you do find yourself in a situation like that, do ask teammates if they want to farm thralls from that lich because it will be defeated, you need their cooperation because they could also make it despawn by downing it too many times.

Pasting my comment from another Kuva Lich post, this is how I do Liches:

There are 3-ish steps in killing or converting a Lich: collecting murmurs > getting the requiem mods > killing/converting the Lich. Alright.

1. Collecting Murmurs:

You collect murmurs by mercy killing a thrall, up to 10 thralls can spawn in a mission if you wait enough. If your Lich appears in your mission, it can convert 10 more, adding to a total of 20 thralls possible thralls in a single mission. Every time you try and miss a combination on your Lich you receive 10 murmurs.

With this in mind, the number of murmurs for each secret is:

First: about 30.
Second: about 60.
Third: about 80.

So you can get the first secret with just three missions. Myself, I always try the first secret as soon as I get it so I can unlock more missions to do, start the second secret with -10 murmurs from the get go and have some knowledge of the correct combination.

If you are in a squad and their Lich appears and they fail on their combination, all the better, 10 free murmurs for you.

2. Getting Requiem Mods:

Sincerely? Just buy them from players. 10 plat each, the cost of a sindicate mod or an archweapon part. And three uses each, a really good investment.

It will come the time you will be full of requiem relics, I myself have +50 of each one, none of them dropped from Kuva Siphon missions.

3. Killing/Converting the Lich:

The easiest part. Just equip Mesa. Kill thralls until you piss it off and chases you, then Peacemaker the sh*t out of it. By now, you will only need to try a couple combinations if at all.

At the height of my Kuva Lich hunt I was doing a Lich every 4 hours. I have already done all weapons and have all ephemeras.

On 2021-03-09 at 3:51 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

How on earth does it take you that long? Any more than say 2 hours is way too long. I take around 1 hour per lich on average, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a bit less. My method isn't for everyone, not everyone will enjoy playing this way. 

- I always Solo liches.
- Stick to missions Capture, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Sabotage and Survival
- I rush the missions I don't hang around waiting around for thralls. I always stab my lich and try to brute force the combination rather than bother farming all 3 murmur rings.
- If my lich appears I will grind out the 10 thralls that the lich converts, then stab and leave.
- Use a rad status weapon when the lich appears and rad proc the thralls to create thralls faster.
- I try to stagger the Mobile Defense and Survival missions a bit as theses are the 2 mission types that I'm likely to be in the mission for 5 minutes or more and has a better chance of spawning my lich, so I do a few missions in between to get some thralls and make the lich mad so it appears.
- Get your lich to level 5, it's rage meter seems to refill faster and increase the frequency of appearances.
- I use Mesa so I don't have to slow down while clearing thralls out.

Good bit of info. Although this doesn't include requiem mod farming.

Archived