How to kuva lich fast in 2021?

Exqualater

Question

I tried many times to capture or kill Kuva Lich quickly, but it took me at best - 3 days. I tried to collect the requiem murmurs as soon as possible, open up new planets to search for players, but the fastest result was 3 days.
I do not know how to speed up this process. A bunch of guides revised - did not help. What to do?

3 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

20210522131541_1.jpg?width=864&height=48

20210522131548_1.jpg?width=864&height=48

Please do not use Gunslinger, use Anaemic Agility instead, I made an error on my forma polarity and haven't fixed the mistake yet.

for some reason those image links are broken

On 2021-04-03 at 12:49 PM, RazerXPrime said:

The requiem mod part is the most tedious of the entire thing. I dispise it. You basically have to do the equivalent of getting three prime weapons through relics. That's insane and if I'm completely honest, the person at DE that thought this was a good idea deserves to be flayed by the community. I don't mind grind. I don't mind farming. But this is taking it to another level of not fun. Sure I can throw 80 plat at them to get them all, but if something is so tedious that people rather pay for it then it is poor design.

Agreed.... They need to make the Lich Mods perm....so you can just mix and match them and keep trying...they shouldn't be 1x use

Il y a 5 heures, Taelayah a dit :

Agreed.... They need to make the Lich Mods perm....so you can just mix and match them and keep trying...they shouldn't be 1x use

First, it's a several month old thread talking about an older version of the lich system.

Second, requiem have 3 charges, not 1. And you can transmute used ones to make a new one AND we have the oull mod dropping like crazy at all time AND it's really easy to make a stockpile of requiems that'll last you several lifetimes.

There's really nothing to complain about here.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

First, it's a several month old thread talking about an older version of the lich system.

Second, requiem have 3 charges, not 1. And you can transmute used ones to make a new one AND we have the oull mod dropping like crazy at all time AND it's really easy to make a stockpile of requiems that'll last you several lifetimes.

There's really nothing to complain about here.

My complaint is still valid. The aqcuisition of these mods is still the worst grindfest in this game. Even with the existence of the Oull mod.

il y a 51 minutes, RazerXPrime a dit :

My complaint is still valid. The aqcuisition of these mods is still the worst grindfest in this game. Even with the existence of the Oull mod.

Lol no it's not, go crack a few relics, it's very chill, and certainly not "the worst grindfest in the game" by a laaaaaarge margin.

Have you even played this game before writing this ? It's warframe we're talking about here, the game is built around grinding, there are countless examples that are waaayyy worst than this, not even close.

Just do this very chill grind and stop complaining about such a non-issue, or stop playing the game, because if THAT is a problem for you, well the game is just not built for you at all, and it's certainly never gonna change to anything close to your liking.

5 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

Lol no it's not, go crack a few relics, it's very chill, and certainly not "the worst grindfest in the game" by a laaaaaarge margin.

Have you even played this game before writing this ? It's warframe we're talking about here, the game is built around grinding, there are countless examples that are waaayyy worst than this, not even close.

Just do this very chill grind and stop complaining about such a non-issue, or stop playing the game, because if THAT is a problem for you, well the game is just not built for you at all, and it's certainly never gonna change to anything close to your liking.

LOL back to you. You need 8 mods, granted now there's one that will give you any type you need. 8 mods from an uncommon drop. Need to do kuva missions to get the relics, which have a chance to drop without giving you the option to focus on a specific one., Then you need to grind mods. Basically the equivalent of farming 8 prime parts. And that's just to get started. Note that it's solo play. I'm sure these things are easier to obtain if you play with 4 people and crack relics.

I've been chill farming these things for a year now and I have 5 mods. give me another grind that's worse. I rather farm Equinox or Chroma.

My suggestion is to do away with the relics and just have the mods drop from Kuva missions. A lot of the people I spoke to simply go farm prime parts, then sell them and then buy the mods from the market. The grind is so dumb that this is by far the easier way to go. This is simply a design flaw in the system.

The game introduces a Lich boss system, but requires months of farming to be able to fight the damn thing.

6 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

LOL back to you. You need 8 mods, granted now there's one that will give you any type you need. 8 mods from an uncommon drop. Need to do kuva missions to get the relics, which have a chance to drop without giving you the option to focus on a specific one., Then you need to grind mods. Basically the equivalent of farming 8 prime parts. And that's just to get started. Note that it's solo play. I'm sure these things are easier to obtain if you play with 4 people and crack relics.

Before starting your first lich, you do need to farm out the 8 mods. But that is nowhere near as hard as you are describing.

You do need to run some Kuva siphons to get a bunch of relics, but then you just go do requem fissures in public squads. Since there are only 4 relics to choose from, there is a good chance other players will be bringing the relics you need too. And since everyone there is only interested in the uncommon drops, a large number of players come with refined relics (I only use radiant ones in requem fissures). So, as far as farms in Warframe go, this one is pretty OK.

And once you have your set of 8 mods (not including the wildcard) - you just make sure to always have a full set. If a lich exhausted the last charge of one of your mods - you just go and farm another one of those. The requiem relics drop from lich thralls (and sister hounds), so you'll have many more of them than you'll ever need.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Before starting your first lich, you do need to farm out the 8 mods. But that is nowhere near as hard as you are describing.

You do need to run some Kuva siphons to get a bunch of relics, but then you just go do requem fissures in public squads. Since there are only 4 relics to choose from, there is a good chance other players will be bringing the relics you need too. And since everyone there is only interested in the uncommon drops, a large number of players come with refined relics (I only use radiant ones in requem fissures). So, as far as farms in Warframe go, this one is pretty OK.

And once you have your set of 8 mods (not including the wildcard) - you just make sure to always have a full set. If a lich exhausted the last charge of one of your mods - you just go and farm another one of those. The requiem relics drop from lich thralls (and sister hounds), so you'll have many more of them than you'll ever need.

Did I mention solo?

13 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Did I mention solo?

Is that a self-imposed limitation of yours? Or a network connection issue?

I can understand farming the actual liches solo (I do that too, and it's actually faster than messing around with squads). And kuva siphons are also best run alone - since the squad does not really add much efficiency.

But requiem fissures, like any other fissure, are best run in a squad. And since there are only 4 different relics, public squads are completely viable for that.

Of course, if you choose to only run solo - then the farm is going to take longer (on the cracking relics step). But it's still going to be a couple of weeks of fairly chill farming - not many months as you've been saying! If the farm is taking you many months - then you are either getting tremendously unlucky or you are doing something very wrong.

2 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Is that a self-imposed limitation of yours? Or a network connection issue?

I can understand farming the actual liches solo (I do that too, and it's actually faster than messing around with squads). And kuva siphons are also best run alone - since the squad does not really add much efficiency.

But requiem fissures, like any other fissure, are best run in a squad. And since there are only 4 different relics, public squads are completely viable for that.

Of course, if you choose to only run solo - then the farm is going to take longer (on the cracking relics step). But it's still going to be a couple of weeks of fairly chill farming - not many months as you've been saying! If the farm is taking you many months - then you are either getting tremendously unlucky or you are doing something very wrong.

You make it sound like a negative. I enjoy playing solo. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Not many months. Just a year and I have 5 of the mods. Got to say the steep grind is what is holding me back to actually focus on it as it is mindnumbing. There's nothing else I dislike more in the game. Well except for maybe Granum Void. Most things I can complete in a few days or a week tops with some relaxed farming. These things I cannot. This is why this grind is worse than anything else. I play relaxed. I don't go off on a grind spree to get something. And this is taking by far, by far, the longest of anything I've done in this game.

I'd say it's a personal experience, but I've seen other people comment on it in the exact same manner stating that they simply buy the mods instead of farming for them as the farm is stupendous. Maybe I'm getting unlucky, maybe I'm not. But since you and me do not play the same I'd say you have no idea what I'm talking about. No offense.

And if the farm is just ill advised to do solo, then there's the issue. It shouldn't be. Design flaw.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

You make it sound like a negative. I enjoy playing solo. Not all the time, but most of the time.

Not many months. Just a year and I have 5 of the mods. Got to say the steep grind is what is holding me back to actually focus on it as it is mindnumbing. There's nothing else I dislike more in the game. Well except for maybe Granum Void. Most things I can complete in a few days or a week tops with some relaxed farming. These things I cannot. This is why this grind is worse than anything else. I play relaxed. I don't go off on a grind spree to get something. And this is taking by far, by far, the longest of anything I've done in this game.

I'd say it's a personal experience, but I've seen other people comment on it in the exact same manner stating that they simply buy the mods instead of farming for them as the farm is stupendous. Maybe I'm getting unlucky, maybe I'm not. But since you and me do not play the same I'd say you have no idea what I'm talking about. No offense.

And if the farm is just ill advised to do solo, then there's the issue. It shouldn't be. Design flaw.

Try to treat requiem fissures as an affinity farm. I do, and never had to really grind requiem mods. I just passively get one or two every couple days. And then comes the time, when you have dozens of mods which you'll never really need. Especially with the recent addition of Oul. As for relics, plenty of them drop from thralls, I'd start a lich hunt even if you don't have all mods. You might get lucky and manage with those 5 you own. If not, level up some gear while cracking relics. 

One more thing... I understand you prefer solo play. So do I, most of the time. Relics of any kind are an exception. 2-4 rolls of the dice are always better than one. Much less time and a chance for good things you aren't actively farming at the moment.

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Jacobivan said:

Try to treat requiem fissures as an affinity farm. I do, and never had to really grind requiem mods. I just passively get one or two every couple days. And then comes the time, when you have dozens of mods which you'll never really need. Especially with the recent addition of Oul. As for relics, plenty of them drop from thralls, I'd start a lich hunt even if you don't have all mods. You might get lucky and manage with those 5 you own. If not, level up some gear while cracking relics. 

One more thing... I understand you prefer solo play. So do I, most of the time. Relics of any kind are an exception. 2-4 rolls of the dice are always better than one. Much less time and a chance for good things you aren't actively farming at the moment.

I'm waiting for a friend of mine so we can do both mine and his together.

I hate people in warframe, and members who know me around these part might willing to testify that I'm probably one of the biggest advocate of playing solo.

But opening relics -requiem or else, solo... is the dumbest thing anyone can do inside warframe.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I do not treat playing solo as a negative - I play solo most of the time myself. I also have a solo clan with virtually all research done (1 dojo colour left - hoping to meet many Tusk Mortar Bombards during the Plague Star grind). But I see it for what it is - a self-imposed limitation. This is neither positive nor negative - just a fact.

But any limitation you impose on yourself has consequences. In warframe, there is one area that greatly suffers from solo play - and that is relic cracking (any relic, not just requiem). So when I need to crack relics, I join a public squad. If you don't want to do that - it's your choice and it is neither wrong nor right. But the way the system works, cracking relics solo greatly reduces your efficiency at it. I don't want to do that maths right now, but probably by a factor of around 3 (depending on what exactly you are looking for). Does that mean you have to crack relics in squads? No! It's just a game, enjoy it in whatever way you like!

At the same time, it is unfair to evaluate a system through the lens of a limitation the system does not ask you to have. And without the solo-only limitation, the grind for requiem mods is really not that bad! When I did it (I think it was around 18 months ago), it took me about a week. And once you have a full set of requiem mods, re-stocking the mods you use up is fairly trivial grind-wise: just 30 mins to an hour of fissures every 2 or 3 liches/sisters you get through.

Again, this is in no way meant to invalidate the way you play the game - after all, it is just a game and everyone should play it the way they enjoy! I just believe that when evaluating an in-game system, one should weigh their experiences with it according to the limitations they impose on themselves. And first and foremost, one should firmly acknowledge what these limitations are and what effect they have.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

I do not treat playing solo as a negative - I play solo most of the time myself. I also have a solo clan with virtually all research done (1 dojo colour left - hoping to meet many Tusk Mortar Bombards during the Plague Star grind). But I see it for what it is - a self-imposed limitation. This is neither positive nor negative - just a fact.

But any limitation you impose on yourself has consequences. In warframe, there is one area that greatly suffers from solo play - and that is relic cracking (any relic, not just requiem). So when I need to crack relics, I join a public squad. If you don't want to do that - it's your choice and it is neither wrong nor right. But the way the system works, cracking relics solo greatly reduces your efficiency at it. I don't want to do that maths right now, but probably by a factor of around 3 (depending on what exactly you are looking for). Does that mean you have to crack relics in squads? No! It's just a game, enjoy it in whatever way you like!

At the same time, it is unfair to evaluate a system through the lens of a limitation the system does not ask you to have. And without the solo-only limitation, the grind for requiem mods is really not that bad! When I did it (I think it was around 18 months ago), it took me about a week. And once you have a full set of requiem mods, re-stocking the mods you use up is fairly trivial grind-wise: just 30 mins to an hour of fissures every 2 or 3 liches/sisters you get through.

Again, this is in no way meant to invalidate the way you play the game - after all, it is just a game and everyone should play it the way they enjoy! I just believe that when evaluating an in-game system, one should weigh their experiences with it according to the limitations they impose on themselves. And first and foremost, one should firmly acknowledge what these limitations are and what effect they have.

I've not had any issue with normal relics. Sure with more people it's faster, but generally you only need 3 or 4 parts for something. Not 8. It's just not the same.

14 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I've not had any issue with normal relics. Sure with more people it's faster, but generally you only need 3 or 4 parts for something. Not 8. It's just not the same.

Yes, sure. Getting a full set of requiem mods solo is harder than getting a single prime weapon/frame. I would compare it to getting 2 (obtaining requiem relics contains less RNG due to there only being 4 of them, requiem mods are all Uncommon rewards while primes tend to have a rare part).

How long does it usually take you to get a prime weapon or frame set? A couple of days? A week? Multiply that by 2 and you'll get a fairly reasonable time for farming the requiem mod set. And note that by getting the prime sets you're just unlocking two extra guns (variants of which you most likely already have) By getting a set of requiems you're unlocking a fairly significant slice of gameplay, not to mention access to some of the more powerful weapons in the game.

Of course, it is entirely possible that you are just getting extremely unlucky with the relic cracking this time. I know the feeling - when Titania Prime came out, I had to do 13 full-squad radshares before I got her systems. That's an equivalent of 52 radiant Axi T5-s if you do it solo. Was I annoyed? A bit. But I recognised that I was just an outlier at the wrong end of the distribution. And that my personal bad luck does not make the farm objectively unreasonable.

For an example of an objectively unreasonable farm, see Necramech Streamline when it first came out. Or what they recently did to Ash (normal, not prime)

10 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Yes, sure. Getting a full set of requiem mods solo is harder than getting a single prime weapon/frame. I would compare it to getting 2 (obtaining requiem relics contains less RNG due to there only being 4 of them, requiem mods are all Uncommon rewards while primes tend to have a rare part).

How long does it usually take you to get a prime weapon or frame set? A couple of days? A week? Multiply that by 2 and you'll get a fairly reasonable time for farming the requiem mod set. And note that by getting the prime sets you're just unlocking two extra guns (variants of which you most likely already have) By getting a set of requiems you're unlocking a fairly significant slice of gameplay, not to mention access to some of the more powerful weapons in the game.

Of course, it is entirely possible that you are just getting extremely unlucky with the relic cracking this time. I know the feeling - when Titania Prime came out, I had to do 13 full-squad radshares before I got her systems. That's an equivalent of 52 radiant Axi T5-s if you do it solo. Was I annoyed? A bit. But I recognised that I was just an outlier at the wrong end of the distribution. And that my personal bad luck does not make the farm objectively unreasonable.

For an example of an objectively unreasonable farm, see Necramech Streamline when it first came out. Or what they recently did to Ash (normal, not prime)

You forget the part where you have to play Kuva missions to get the relics and there's no way to get those with syndicate standing or by playing anything else. Normal relics are generally much easier to obtain. Like I said you can't farm for a specific relic either. You just have to get lucky.

Most unlucky I ever got was with the Baza Prime. Which I just built yesterday. Got the stock drop from a solo relic run with an unrefined relic at 2% drop chance. Well guess I did get lucky that time.

Issue I have is that it makes so little sense to unlock a boss battle (at an MR where people cannot even handle a Lich) you need to farm for weeks if you focus on it to be able to start taking potshots at him to solve a riddle so you can kill them. I rather do away with the entire puzzle part and farming and just make the boss battles more interesting. Stretch them out over multiple missions. But farming relics then farming mods is just the epitome of tedious. There's nothing in the game that takes this long in comparison in time spent. That's my gripe with this dumb Lich system.

14 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

AND we have the oull mod dropping like crazy at all time AND it's really easy to make a stockpile of requiems that'll last you several lifetimes.

Please don't mistake the fact RNGesus apparently loves you for anything but that, I have slain a total of 20 'Nemesi' since Sisters dropped and have gotten 2 Oulls... that is not 'like crazy all the time', and I'll easily got 4-5 runs/rounds with a full group just to get 1 Requiem mod(usually the one I already have the most of) so there's no chance of me making a stockpile that'll last several lifetimes. Honestly the Scintillant grind pre Deimos: Arcana felt like less of a kick in the nads then what it takes to keep up in Requiems(and I still hate that the sisters use requiems! Should have had their own similar system or a lore reason needs to be given why 'Kuva Mods' are so effective against them)

On 2021-03-09 at 3:51 PM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

...I take around 1 hour per lich on average, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a bit less. My method isn't for everyone, not everyone will enjoy playing this way. 

- I always Solo liches.
- Stick to missions Capture, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Sabotage and Survival
- I rush the missions I don't hang around waiting around for thralls. I always stab my lich and try to brute force the combination rather than bother farming all 3 murmur rings.
- If my lich appears I will grind out the 10 thralls that the lich converts, then stab and leave.
- Use a rad status weapon when the lich appears and rad proc the thralls to create thralls faster.
- I try to stagger the Mobile Defense and Survival missions a bit as theses are the 2 mission types that I'm likely to be in the mission for 5 minutes or more and has a better chance of spawning my lich, so I do a few missions in between to get some thralls and make the lich mad so it appears.
- Get your lich to level 5, it's rage meter seems to refill faster and increase the frequency of appearances.
- I use Mesa so I don't have to slow down while clearing thralls out.

You can do liches in many ways. My clan hunts liches together pretty much as CdG-Zilchy describes above, though everyone just uses whatever warframe & weapon build they like (at the moment).

When I "solo" liches I prefer to "chill play" and solve the code instead of brute-force. It's not that it is a "better" (or "worse") way, it's simply more fun (for me). This means hunting down most of the thralls on a map, playing around with the lich when it joins (so it produces the max number of thralls) and only stabbing it when testing a new requiem (combo). Depending on luck it generally takes 1 - 2 hours. I don't really care about the time, since I like to spice it up using odd (non-meta) warframes and weapons to try and increase the fun (after "a lot" of liches the fun part tends to disappear using meta stuff and the "max effective farming"-approach).

Sisters have a better mechanic, but doing liches is also a bit faster now (after the Sisters-related changes), mostly due to the possibility of using the Oull-requiem (intelligently). It's also easier, since there is more missions per planet to choose from. I've started to do the final mission in public mode, since there are some desperate players having problems with their "brute-forced level 5"-lich. If you are still collecting mods and climbing the Mastery ladder a level 5-lich can be quite challenging, though it seems to me that part of this is not checking and modding for the lich's strengths and weaknesses (maybe no surprise, but there have been players trying to kill their lich with weapons that the lich is immune to, even in the final mission...). However, one good thing with the changes is that it is a now lot easier getting help overall by jumping into RNG/PUGs.

The most irritating part is getting a larvling with the "right" weapon. I wish there was a mechanic where you could "force" the larvling to have the kuva weapon you downed it with. This would keep the weapon RNG until you get your first "kuva X", but would remove a lot of the irritation by making it easier to get more of the same weapon (for valence fusion).

For collecting requiems my recommendation is doing the Kuva Flood (new mission available every hour, guaranteed relic) and then cracking the relics in Kuva Survival fissures. You get kuva from both missions and you can use the Kuva Survival to stock up on Void Traces as well. And doing a 5-round Kuva Survival nets you a bonus relic (from the fifth round) and a nice amount of affinity for ranking up stuff (like kuva weapons 🙂). Since thralls have a 5% drop rate for requiem relics, "chilling" lichs by hunting down a lot of thralls will make requiem usage pretty much self-sufficient (= no need to do Kuva Floods for requiems once you get everything going).

8 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

You forget the part where you have to play Kuva missions to get the relics and there's no way to get those with syndicate standing or by playing anything else. Normal relics are generally much easier to obtain. Like I said you can't farm for a specific relic either. You just have to get lucky.

Most unlucky I ever got was with the Baza Prime. Which I just built yesterday. Got the stock drop from a solo relic run with an unrefined relic at 2% drop chance. Well guess I did get lucky that time.

Issue I have is that it makes so little sense to unlock a boss battle (at an MR where people cannot even handle a Lich) you need to farm for weeks if you focus on it to be able to start taking potshots at him to solve a riddle so you can kill them. I rather do away with the entire puzzle part and farming and just make the boss battles more interesting. Stretch them out over multiple missions. But farming relics then farming mods is just the epitome of tedious. There's nothing in the game that takes this long in comparison in time spent. That's my gripe with this dumb Lich system.

If you can make that much arguments about hunting relics solo, then you already know the kind of hurdles you're getting into. Own your choices and don't complain about it.

It's like me trying to play the whole game with unmodded excalibur then complains that warframe is hard. No it's not, i just chose to not do it the easier way.

Edited by Soy77

Actually, those relics also drop from the lich's thralls. In my experience, around 1-2 per mission. So you can start a lich (lich, not sister: more thralls = more relics) without the requisite mods and then just crack the relics that drop. If you don't mind level 5 lich mission, you can farm the relics from those missions indefinitely. That's how you replenish the mod collection anyway as you are farming liches. I don't think I've done a Kuva Siphon in at least a year - and yet the Requiem relic I have the fewest of is Requiem IV (which I have 104 of).

As for not being able to target a specific relic - there are currently 9 Lith relics in rotation (and 13 Axi). Unless you are going for the prime vault ones, you can't traget a specific axi relic either! With only 4 requiem relics around, your chances of getting the one you want are significantly better,

Congratulations. Although in my mind, targeting a rare part with unrefined relics is pure insanity!

Again, the lich system has a 1-time optional front-loading of getting the initial mod set. It is:

• One-time: once you have a full set and are farming liches, making sure you continue having a full set requires a fairly minimal effort
  • Optional: You don't have to have a full set of mods to start a lich - having it just makes for a smoother experience. Lots of people start without the mods and just farm the ones they need for the current lich.
  • Made more difficult by your self-imposed limitation: cracking relics solo is a really odd thing to do precisely because of how inefficient it is.

Once you start actually engaging with the system (instead of preparing to engage with it), it's actually quite OK. And you get nice weapons out of it!