Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Zephyr Revisit 2021 (Video Workshop)

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno! Please watch our Video Workshop of Zephyr, or read on to learn about what's changing in Update 29.10.0 / Update 30 for Consoles!

Tail Wind
- Removed the hold-to-charge mechanic from the beginning, and instead made it so you can hold the ability at any time while in the air and it will toggle into hovering mode that holds you in flight while draining Energy every second. Hovering will now also allow you to move around instead of being fixed in place.
- We think the hold mechanic doesn’t work because standing still in Warframe is so dangerous in higher level content and the time spent holding is time lost shooting.
- Increased the damage of the Dive Bomb from 500 to 4500 base damage at Max rank, to better reward the time and skill it takes to effectively use it

Airburst
- Changed from a radial explosion that knocks enemies outward into a short duration vortex (like we did for Gauss’s Mach Crash Augment) so the pull is more reliable.
- We’re leaning on the pull mechanic as it synergizes great with Tornadoes since you can pull enemies into them.

Turbulence
- No changes!

Tornado
- Reduced the number of Tornadoes to 3 to prevent enemies from getting too scattered, and increased the pull of Tornado so enemies stay inside them more. The radius that Tornadoes will grab enemies was increased to include by default the synergy with Airburst; you no longer need to use Airburst on your Tornado to increase its pull radius. Finally, when you make stationary Tornadoes, they will appear where you are aiming instead of on top of random nearby enemies.  “Roaming” tornadoes still spawn on top of enemies.

Tornado feedback was composed of 2 main points:
- Tornadoes tend to overly spread enemies around. 
- The pull of the Tornadoes is pretty tame, so sometimes it pulls enemies in and just tosses them out the other end. If you shoot an enemy in the Tornado it will often just kick them out of the Tornado.

Passive
Zephyr’s aerial mobility bonus stays the same, and now she will also have a bonus of 150% to her critical hit chance while airborne.

General Zephyr Changes:
Cleaned up Zephyr’s ability FX for all 4 abilities, and added FX burst to the end of Turbulence (does not affect functionally). 

The Hovering is interesting but I think it would benefit immensely from one of the changes that Hildryn got which was the dodge while on her 4 (which costs "energy" aka shield). I wouldn't mind of it costs energy but a short dodge would complement her movement while hovering (and complement the argument for the change which is that standing still is dangerous, but her hovering speed won't save you from that either, but dodging might), rather than relying only on her 1 which might move too far.

Otherwise, looks good.

150% for the passive... I gotta assume that's additive with other mods and not a flat bonus. I had some hope that it was going to be a flat bonus, and I could have a little fun with weapons that are stuck with their 5% crit chance. Either way, these changes are amazing, and the visual update is the best cherry on the best cake.

Day one getting that deluxe skin, too.

Oh, one quick thought: is the older sort of function gone from Airburst? To scatter enemies away from the center point? If so, I think a name change is in order 😋

I use Zephyr more than any other frame, and I love options, but honestly since the update to Airburst I just don't use the scatter version. I try to find its niche, but I'd rather the bodies stay in bounds and give me loot!

So is that coat in the auxiliary slot?

Also quick edit. These changes have made her already pretty bad augment for turning off her passive even worse. Augments for passives are a cool idea but it has to be a worthwhile tradeoff to be worth a slot.

19 minutes ago, Nekromast said:

Really liking the update! But what about her momentum when crashing against a wall with her 1? Would love if the momentum stops like Gauss 1 does

Wish granted!

15 minutes ago, (NSW)WesFX said:

Oh, one quick thought: is the older sort of function gone from Airburst? To scatter enemies away from the center point?

No, this is still present.  Tapping Airburst will pull enemies together, while holding the key will blast them outward.

These are good changes to Zephyr, I have other suggestions that she can have, please take these into consideration.

Passive:

·       Make a backflip cancel her momentum while in the air.

·       While hovering, make her move faster.

1st ability:

·       Increase contact dash radius to 7 meters.

·       increase the damage of the dash when enemies are hit.

4th ability:

·       Optional: Either make the tornados seek out enemies on their own or remove the aiming (controlling tornados) mechanic and replace it with the marking mechanic where after cast, you hold the ability to activate marking and mark enemies then activate it to control the tornados to seek out the marked targets OR Increase their movement speed when controlling the tornado to reach enemies quicker.

·       (Synergy) Walking into a tornado that has a status effect on it can be added to her 2nd ability for 10 seconds.

·       Increase their movement speed when controlling the tornados.

Also can you also take a look at Ash and give him a revisit, their are thing that needs improvements on and bugs that need fixing (his 3 can`t consistently open humanoid enemies up to finishers). 

Here is a post about the improvements he can receive.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1159102-ash-his-current-problems-and-the-solutions-to-fix-them/

Also on the post on page 15 (19 posts down) you will see detailed and valid reason (based on his issues, stats and thing you can try in-game) why he needs a revisit.

Archived