Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Interception to have only 3 communication towers

DCaedus

Currently the best strategy is for each person to stand in 1 spot for the duration of the game with a defensive frame, only refreshing they're defense ability when it runs out.

Changing Interception missions to have only 3 communication towers would make roaming easier and encourage more loose and relaxed, or active gameplay.

hU3OgQ3.png 

uauuRQ6.png

I think the OP is missing the point where its 1 tower per squad member because Warframe is a multiplayer game... Which is why that the beacon capture speed is actually FASTER the less players it has as a compensation for not being in full squad.

... Also, how the hell can't a player defend a beacon? That's what Interception is, a 4-way objective defense....

I feel like the people who come up with these "design suggestions" have not played the game enough or with all the tools at their disposal. You don't even need 4 people for Interception. Try solo Steel Path interception with max duration and capped slow Slowva and watch as the game mode gets absolutely trivialized.

27 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

Currently the best strategy is for each person to stand in 1 spot for the duration of the game with a defensive frame

define best? it sounds like you're causing your own problem.
even in Steel Path there's no need to stand on every Objective the entire time. you can move around as much as you please. only two Consoles per Objective actually matter after all, the other Enemies don't matter. at all.

So long as you have the right gear you'll be able to cope with those 4 points on any map, also a bit of skilland experience. Even if there are big differences in flow across many interception maps.

Things that usually help are stuff lige big AoE CC/Nuke frames, Specters, Enemy Radar mods, knowing which tower is usually preferred by the enemy (looking at you, tower D of many maps -.-), and so on and so forth.

I really like the dynamic Interception offers. It can still be done solo if you know how to get by, but it's also pretty much a relaxed and automated defense if you have a full team. Due to the preferred tower thing you usually even get to choose if you want to be in on the action at the swarmed tower, or if you just want to relax by keeping an eye on any of the other mostly-deserted towers. Plus, 4 towers for 4 players makes sense, team flow-wise.

Also, the need for a defense frame... It isn't there imo. You can take any frame of your choice and cast no abilities and trash the 2 enemies at the tower's consoles easily with any melee or shots to the head since they're stationary.

48 minutes ago, D_Caedus said:

Changing Interception missions to have only 3 communication towers would make roaming easier and encourage more loose and relaxed, or active gameplay.

"Loose and relaxed" or "active"? You can't really have both. I love the parkour and mobility in the game, so I'm fine with running around the map. Most PUG squads everyone just runs around anyway, try to boss anyone around and they rage quit.

As a consession however, maybe (non-steel path) Mercury and Venus could help new tenno get used to the mission type if they had 3 towers.

...but then by that same quality I would want Xini Eris to have about eight towers! :crylaugh:

Archived