Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My name is Karen and I need to speak to the manager about this Ivara GRIND!

(PSN)BMWWOW

OMG.

OMFG.

Grinding for regular Ivara......

DE, why don't you just come clean and tell everyone the only way to get Ivara-Regular is to BUY it?

Have y'all seen the DROP TABLES for Ivara Regular (e.g. NOT the prime)...?

CHASSIS = "Nearly Guaranteed" (OH BOY!) if you do 119-159 MISSIONS !!!!!  🤮  WTF are they thinking???  The SAME Spy missions 119 OR MORE times??
BLUEPRINT = "Nearly Guaranteed" at 97-126 MISSIONS....
NEUROPTICS = "Nearly Guaranteed" at 97-126 MISSIONS....
The SYSTEM is the "Easy" one with "Nearly Guaranteed" at "ONLY" 72-96 MISSIONS....
(* source: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ivara *)

The Math = Step Right Up and Get A "Nearly Guaranteed" Whole Ivara by running Spy missions with as LITTLE as ---> THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY FIVE (385) <---Missions.... IF YOU'RE LUCKY!

Seriously.  This needs a FULL re-work.
Put it behind a mission wall like Hildryn, fine. 
But 385-507 Spy missions to get a "Nearly Guaranteed" full Ivara set is just seriously effing stupid!

Or just be honest DE and SAY, "You should just buy Ivara and save your self an absolute ton of grief"  🤮 🤢 😡

A "nearly guaranteed" value is the expected number of runs to have a 99% chance at the drop. This is not the absolute number of runs a player is expected to run to get a drop.

If you go back to that wiki page the "expected" number of runs are the expected run count to hit about a 90% chance to get a drop and these range from 11-20 runs based on part. This range is what most players will fall within while farming her. And 44-80 total spy missions is nothing considering all the reasons one can have to run a spy (fissures, alerts, other spy drops, nightwave, etc).

Yes she is a grind to get but is an easy passive grind you're making seem impossible by misunderstanding the numbers given.

7 minutes ago, trst said:

Yes she is a grind to get but is an easy passive grind you're making seem impossible by misunderstanding the numbers given.

Tell that to the many hours spent in Spy missions over YEARS to get all of 2 parts.  I don't think you understand that math as much as you think you do.
Try comparing those numbers to ANY OTHER WARFRAME....  then lets talk.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Have y'all seen the DROP TABLES for Ivara Regular

This is really shallow. Good work making a pure rage and rant post.

Not that you care, but this is why I disagree with you. Farming the spy missions:

1. Teaches you to either respect spy missions or just serve them up with an extra helping of cheese (AKA abilities/shortcuts/ciphers).
  2. Get good at spies without relying on Ivara regular.
  3. Get nice rewards (which you can sell for sweet sweet plat).

Your whole post sounds to me like you haven't put any effort more than a few hours. I have farmed six complete Ivara sets. My PC, my PS4, my alt PS4, and my mother's PS4 profile. Four profiles and I had to farm it two additional times because my main PS4 game and my mother's PS4 sold off regular Ivara as soon as we got Ivara Prime.

5 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

eh, farm Khora or Braton Vandal and get back to me. 🤷‍♀️

This exactly. Thank you.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Tell that to the many hours spent in Spy missions over YEARS to get all of 2 parts.  I don't think you understand that math as much as you think you do.

I'd say you're vastly overestimating your time in spy missions, or are really doing something wrong.  Or maybe just getting supremely unlucky.  I just checked my foundry and have 4 chassis blueprints, 7 neuroptics blueprints, 10 systems blueprints, and 14 overall blueprints.
That's without farming them, and not even really doing spy missions particularly regularly.

I have to agree with OP. The fact that there's no mercy rule (absolute max attempts before they force the item to drop) means that it is technically possible to play every waking hour since birth and still not receive the item. The Ivara grind was when I lost most of my rosy perception of DE. (Yes, I thought Khora and Nidus grinds were worse, but those felt like a community effort, while Ivara was exclusively a solo grind.)

Buying for plat feels like a poor scapegoat, since most games give you rewards for skill. Look at the comments here that say lol git gud noob. OP's been playing for years. That ain't right.

Unless OP's only running one spy mission per month, the people bragging about getting the drops are basically saying they're 'better' at flipping coins. They're not, and they're stupid to think so. But, that probably doesn't make OP feel better because of the reward:skill association typical of games (and other parts of this game). That's the core of gambling mechanics, and every Warframe mission is a lootbox.

If they allowed players to sell/scrap anything for plat, or had a universal building material that could be used to forge frame parts (which was earned from skill-based or mercy-ruled drops), I could see people taking issue with OP. I even get that games like WoW have some low drop rate items and rare spawns. But, frames are a core feature of the game, not a super-buffed legendary weapon meant for 0.01% of the playerbase.

Just to throw another layer on, it isn't like the game is open sourced so we can see that the drop rates are true and unbiased. Modern games are filled with nasty tricks to manipulate individual/profiled customers (it's easy to find papers, articles, and lectures with a quick search if you don't believe me). Sometimes it's overtly predatory, like Scintillant was (listed as "Common" in the mission description, with the published drop table showing 0.5% on the final stage of a bounty), but it would be naive to think there isn't more muck below the surface. You should always be suspicious if you can write off a manufactured problem as bad luck while being offered a paid workaround.

3 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Or just be honest DE and SAY, "You should just buy Ivara and save your self an absolute ton of grief"  🤮 🤢 

Lol hi karen, so ivara is your first frame ever? 🤣

Why would DE say "you should just buy ivara and skip playing warframe"?

But then again, some people do like spending money more than playing videogames 🤔

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

This is really shallow. Good work making a pure rage and rant post.

Not that you care, but this is why I disagree with you. Farming the spy missions:

1. Teaches you to either respect spy missions or just serve them up with an extra helping of cheese (AKA abilities/shortcuts/ciphers).
  2. Get good at spies without relying on Ivara regular.
  3. Get nice rewards (which you can sell for sweet sweet plat).

Your whole post sounds to me like you haven't put any effort more than a few hours. I have farmed six complete Ivara sets. My PC, my PS4, my alt PS4, and my mother's PS4 profile. Four profiles and I had to farm it two additional times because my main PS4 game and my mother's PS4 sold off regular Ivara as soon as we got Ivara Prime.

This exactly. Thank you.

And once you've done them 50-100 times, i'm sure you don't need to do a single spy mission ever again, simply 'cause you've had enough. Not to mention that you can cheese them with other frames that are a lot easier to get. Also, Not to forget the most important part: Prime version is a lot faster and easier to get if unvaulted or if you got plat, so forcing someone to "learn" things doesn't work unless someone actually wants to learn (a big shock, i know). Which is to say, your point is a joke. And i've never even used invisibility in any situation.

2 hours ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Getting unlucky in farming a frame isn't exclusive to Ivara though. And many more people have been in that situation with frames like Khora, Harrow, and Nidus who all have far worse farms for having parts locked behind C rotations paired with low drop rates.

Hi, Karen,

Althought I understand your discontent (Ivara is hard to get), I disagree with you when you say that the only way to get Regular Ivara is to buy it.

It tooks me a week to get all her parts, doing at about ten Spy missions for day. After that, when the Helminth system came to the game, I could get two parts without even trying to get her, just on Kuva Lich Spy missions, Steel path missions to get Mastery points... almost no effort.

The only thing I can say to you is to continue trying. At the end, you will have more than one set of regular Ivara.

Hmmm, i fail to see the problem.

74F7F875C8BD82DFAF32C96F56B7C2AE3D6FC1AD

Jokes aside, as you can see i have 4 neuro , 7 BP , 13 chassis and 21 systems. this is after building 2 of em (one for helminth) and i didn't actively farm this frame.

Yes it is a rather significant time investment, but you have a chance to drop these passively.

Also there are many cheese tactics to speed it too, i never used cheese frames, i just know all the shortcuts :P.

And though not everyone enjoys spy , thats true for any node.

I got my first ivara with about 250 missions, there was a guy who did over 300 and my friend got her in about 10 missions total. ;D
That was more then a year ago and I still don't have a second set, not counting the multiple primes that I have(and I do spy missions all the time thanks to fissures and they are all over the tiers) .

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Everyone complaining about Ivara...

Meanwhile Khora exists.

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

rng 
I got two khoras (every one of them in about 2 hours), two niduses, two harrows with no problem.
I still don't have my second Ivara after more then a year :D

To make myself feel included.

I have 5 sets of Ivara and 3 of Khora. I've never farmed for Nidus, but I have farmed for Harrow. And to this date, since 2019, I don't have that harrow part I need from Pago spy...

RNG really do be RNG tho.

3 hours ago, Neurohax said:

Buying for plat feels like a poor scapegoat, since most games give you rewards for skill. 

It's called Pay for Convenience. It's one of the four forms of microtransations (the others are Pay to Win, Pay for Fashion, and Loot Boxes). It's a sort of "honest but bland" middle ground that avoids the worst stigmas of Pay to Win, but still has some purists complaining because it isn't 100% Pay for Fashion

3 hours ago, Neurohax said:

Unless OP's only running one spy mission per month

Which he probably is, frankly. I mean... Every player has that one drop, that one that refuses to drop (for me it was Centaur Blade) but if OP really wanted Ivara for free he would find the Spy missions that are fastest for him, and knuckle down, and grind them. 

Archived