Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt - SpeedBuff

ScudMcFox

often you have a volt with you in a random multiplayer mission. they very often use this annoying speedbuff at maximum strength, whereby the handling and gameplay becomes extremely unplayable.

if you constantly have to call your backroll every 2-3 seconds because the volt is only trolling the team, the mission is not playable. it would actually make even more sense to activate the speedbuff only on the caster and not on the whole team. as example, saryn`s speedbuff on molt is only on the caster and doesn't annoy the whole team with it.

would it be possible to include a setting in options that generally allows you to ignore all volt speed buffs? that would help very much to avoid that trolling from others ...

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LillyRaccune:

A max range Volt with negative strength? I understand.

But this? Is this a problem you frequently have? Most players like "gotta go fast". Is there some reason this is bad for you? Maybe causing epileptic seizures?

volt gains the max speed-multiplier by maxing out strenght. range doesnt effect this ability. the problem is, that volt activates this skill if *he* needs/wants it and the other players arent asked for it. its horrible to play with these trolls on defense, spy, intercept and so on. if you wear weapons like vectis or something that needs precise aim on walking/running/jumping you cant handle it and you clash from wall to wall during walk/run through narrow paths or smal areas.

Oh I hope this can become an option one day. Just a settings menu to opt out of specific ally buffs. Wisp and Volt would instantly be selected. 

Backflipping more than we can bullet jump is frustrating in itself and throwing myself into the abyss to get rid of haste motes. Although now I just leave. A lot of my quit stats are because of 2 frames. 

See a Volt or Wisp? Leave group before mission starts or abort the mission if I can't see frames before I load into a mission.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hello:

Oh I hope this can become an option one day. Just a settings menu to opt out of specific ally buffs. Wisp and Volt would instantly be selected. 

Backflipping more than we can bullet jump is frustrating in itself and throwing myself into the abyss to get rid of haste motes. Although now I just leave. A lot of my quit stats are because of 2 frames. 

See a Volt or Wisp? Leave group before mission starts or abort the mission if I can't see frames before I load into a mission.

thats same for me ... join mission, wait what volt does, if he activates speedbuffs in useless cases, insta leave ... same with wisp and this electric stunnig. defense missions take much longer and you have to run every edge to find the stunned enemy ... 

9 minutes ago, ScudMcFox said:

thats same for me ... join mission, wait what volt does, if he activates speedbuffs in useless cases, insta leave ... same with wisp and this electric stunnig. defense missions take much longer and you have to run every edge to find the stunned enemy ... 

You can s + roll to dispell the volt buff as well as the limbo rift. And, I will now say the most unobvious thing, but chat works wonders. If you don't need shock motes you can say it. 

vor 6 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

You can s + roll to dispell the volt buff as well as the limbo rift. And, I will now say the most unobvious thing, but chat works wonders. If you don't need shock motes you can say it. 

i wrote "if you constantly have to call your backroll every 2-3 seconds because the volt is only trolling the team," ... i know that function ;)

if you say something about the speedbuff and they should use it wisely or dont use it on defense missions, they are triggerd and you earn only S#&$storm about it. they join the missions to troll, so if you ask them, they have achieved what they wanted and activate this trollingfeature all the time till ya leave ...

wisp cannot easily remote this plant ... she had to replace 6 new plants to remove it and most players dont know how to do this or dont do this ...

9 minutes ago, ScudMcFox said:

i wrote "if you constantly have to call your backroll every 2-3 seconds because the volt is only trolling the team," ... i know that function ;)

if you say something about the speedbuff and they should use it wisely or dont use it on defense missions, they are triggerd and you earn only S#&$storm about it. they join the missions to troll, so if you ask them, they have achieved what they wanted and activate this trollingfeature all the time till ya leave ...

Think of it as a price to pay for a broken energy system that allows you to use most of your abilities indefinitely. And most of the missions are short, so if you see something like a slow nova on the 5th lvl defense, you either agree or leave and don't waste your time. Trolls are in all games and you can't do anything about it.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

Think of it as a price to pay for a broken energy system that allows you to use most of your abilities indefinitely. And most of the missions are short, so if you see something like a slow nova on the 5th lvl defense, you either agree or leave and don't waste your time. Trolls are in all games and you can't do anything about it.

a slow nova has strenght and makes explosions to nearby enemies and you deal double damage on the targets ... it could be slower but the enemies stuck together and its still easy to kill many of them faster then normal or without. thats not really trolling thats defensive play and slower aimspeed for enemies so more and better survival in some/needed cases. a speed nova doesnt effect or shorten waves because her ability doesnt lower the spawn time. a speed nova lets the enemies be around the whole map, a slow nova let them stuck more together near the spawns ;)

Archived