Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Ancient Disruptors need to take it down a notch

(PSN)RookTheKnight

Sapping energy equal to 25% of the attack's damage seems fine on paper. However, most of the time in Steel Path missions we're packing some kind of damage reduction. And Disruptors don't give a damn about damage reduction when calculating how much energy to drain.

In testing, they can hit me for a couple hundred damage. Not even enough to break through 300 shields but can drain over 600 energy. This can make them the most dangerous unit in the game for certain builds. Don't even think about Quick Thinking around these guys. And mind you, this is conferred to all other infested units in their aura range in addition to their crowd control reduction.

I think they should be a very dangerous, high-priority target; they're one of the few infested units that are. But I think their ability to unexpectedly yank out your entire energy pool might be a little overpowered.

1 hour ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

Sapping energy equal to 25% of the attack's damage seems fine on paper.

Odly, it doesnt account for avoided damage either. They can yoink the energy out of a xaku without doing damage.

On 2021-03-10 at 4:11 AM, SpicyDinosaur said:

Oh god, are people seriously going to start trying to get SP nerfed?

I would rather see starchart infested given some more diversity by getting the emissary infested and Deimos infested added in.  They just look lazy right now, with tons of recolors of the same few units.

Actually a lvl 50 disruptor can do the more or less the same. Got grabbed by one in a fissure yesterday and here we go down from 600+ energy to ~80. Which is a bit harsh considering infested got huge amounts of parasitic eximus units. 

To be fair I'd say give the disruptor a higher chance to proc magnetic status but disable "I'll hit you and it's worse than a mag proc! Hurr!" Of course, enemies affected by the aura should have the chance too. And DE if you ever take a look into these enemies, do something about these rope attacks. You can jump/roll/slide just a second before the attack but ancients/scorpions say: "I don't care Boi, everything in my line of sight is a hitscan. And I have eyes in my back too!

Archived