Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbiters of Hexis quest when???

PlushyMakoa

And Steel Meridian too.

I think they only had the Relay reconstruction.

Hexis will likely have us discover that the Warframe Noggles exist in-universe and that Hexis are the ones producing them. Then we hit them with a copyright infrigement.

If that's unfair then is it also unfair that only the Arbiters (and technically Steel Meridian) have an entire mission type about them, only Arbiters and Meridian have shops, that Suda has a leaderboard for their quest's boss, that Glast Gambit (Perrin's quest) is the only non-replayable syndicate quest, that Steel Meridian is the only faction with a dedicated "hub" area, that Steel Meridian got their own time-limited event, and that Steel Meridian technically don't have their own dedicated quest?

I am mostly being dramatic as yes the Arbiters don't have much of their backstory explained anywhere but if we want to talk about "fairness" then syndicates are already all over the place.

9 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

And Steel Meridian too.

I think they only had the Relay reconstruction.

And the Emergency Exit tactical alert. And the Rathuum event. And they were the lead players in the Pacifism Defect event. Steel Merid never got a quest, but they never NEEDED their quest

3 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

And the Emergency Exit tactical alert. And the Rathuum event. And they were the lead players in the Pacifism Defect event. Steel Merid never got a quest, but they never NEEDED their quest

And they got their own special relay during another syndicates quest. 

They are the most spoiled and lore heavy syndicate in the game by far. They are last on my priority for more quests or other lore. 

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Oh yeah...

I don't want any further content pertaining to the 6 Syndicates, it's not worth the fact that the story content clashes with the gameplay.  We've got quests where I'm being friendly and cooperative with someone, and then mid-mission they send a death squad after me, and then I go back to progress the quest and we're all friends again.  I don't want to have to get nearly so acrobatic when thinking about the game world.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I don't want any further content pertaining to the 6 Syndicates, it's not worth the fact that the story content clashes with the gameplay.  We've got quests where I'm being friendly and cooperative with someone, and then mid-mission they send a death squad after me, and then I go back to progress the quest and we're all friends again.  I don't want to have to get nearly so acrobatic when thinking about the game world.

They just need to fix the data flags for those missions. They already have a data flag to prevent Stalker from spawning, they should prevent the syndicate itself from spawning too

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

They just need to fix the data flags for those missions. They already have a data flag to prevent Stalker from spawning, they should prevent the syndicate itself from spawning too

Even then, it's odd for me to work hard with my good friends at Reebok to save the world, and then after that they send a hit squad after me because I've got a Nike logo on my shirt.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Even then, it's odd for me to work hard with my good friends at Reebok to save the world, and then after that they send a hit squad after me because I've got a Nike logo on my shirt.

I mean, the entire syndicate system is something that made way more sense when it was added to the game more than half a decade ago. 

It has been barely touched since, except for the occasional cinematic quests, or an extra item or two added to the syndicate stores. 

It is one of the many, many systems that needs a ground-up rework to fit in with the game as it currently stands. 

And like many old systems, they don't have the time and it isn't a big priority, etc. etc. etc. 

When you think about how old 95% of the entire syndicate system is, and how outdated it truly is... those encounters are meaningless now (apart from being punching bags for free specter bps from other syndicates) and the syndicates have basically just become a way to circumvent relic farming grinds when primes come out and are largely ignored apart from that. 

what would an Arbiter's quest even be about? all they seem to care about is testing the Tenno's Combat capability, they don't seem to want to protect or destroy or fight for anything really. syndicates are one of several things that need an update themed around them specifically, and to include the following:

- proper backstory for each syndicate, as well as explanations for their alliances and hatred for their ally and enemy factions respectively.

- some kind of proper quest for Arbiters, maybe the arbiters build their own warframe, or rediscover an old one? 

- new rewards for each syndicate: new weapons, themed armor sets, Landing Craft skins etc. 

- either Iron Wake to be removed (I doubt it will be missed, Palladino can be moved to red Veils Relay room), or all syndicates to have their own additional hub area, to make it fair. 

DE are at least trying to make Syndicates matter more, what with the ability to get Syndicate members as Railjack crew members and having it be cheaper to recruit those within your active syndicates, but there's still a lot more potential IMO.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what would an Arbiter's quest even be about?

Could be literally anything. Suda's basically a private librarian/grey-market arms dealer, and her quest was about killing Hunhow. Red Veil's quest was secretly a complete rebrand for the syndicate, turning them from an anti-Grineer resistance cell to a Tenno-worshipping death cult

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- some kind of proper quest for Arbiters, maybe the arbiters build their own warframe, or rediscover an old one? 

- new rewards for each syndicate: new weapons, themed armor sets, Landing Craft skins etc. 

- either Iron Wake to be removed (I doubt it will be missed, Palladino can be moved to red Veils Relay room), or all syndicates to have their own additional hub area, to make it fair. 

Yes please! This is long overdue

Personally i always wonder why DE seems to try reinventing the wheel every updates... Necramechs, railjack, helminth, instead of just sticking with warframes...

Other "normal" games usually just do what they do. Candy crush or angry birds keeps adding new levels, street fighter keeps adding new fighters, god of war works on the next chapter of kratos's story, and some loli idol games... probably adds more cute dress for the weebos to drool over. idk.

Why can't warframe just stick to adding new warframes, expand the starchart, or add mini-quests and continue the main story? Why always try to reinvent the wheel?

Did you guys pushed DE to do this? I know you. Yeah, you. The one who keep whining about every updates. Convincing DE that what they're doing is not good enough so they have to do something new. I wonder why DE never finished anything...

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Personally i always wonder why DE seems to try reinventing the wheel every updates... Necramechs, railjack, helminth, instead of just sticking with warframes...

The short answer is that DE are equal parts creative and ADHD. It's a double-edged sword, their greatest strength and their most common weakness

If you want more detail, let's take a look at the dates. Warframe launched in October 2012. Update 15 in October 2015 was the first big gameplay expansion, that added Archwing. A couple weeks after that they added Mesa, Warframe #22, so let's put that as our benchmark.

Fast forward five-and-a-half years to March 2021. Sevigoth is going to be Warframe #46. The other big gameplay expansions have been Z-kids, Railjack, Necramechs, you added Helminth. You might add Open Worlds if you want. They tried to add Lunaro in there too, but that crashed and burned because they realized they were just trying to crib Rocket League, so I ignore that one.

Looking at the numbers, I can kind of see your point, but I don't 100% agree with you either. Production of what you think would constitute a "keep it simple, stupid" model -- the Warframes -- has slowed down noticeably, but it's still going strong

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Other "normal" games usually just do what they do. Candy crush or angry birds keeps adding new levels, street fighter keeps adding new fighters, god of war works on the next chapter of kratos's story, and some loli idol games... probably adds more cute dress for the weebos to drool over. idk.

Why can't warframe just stick to adding new warframes, expand the starchart, or add mini-quests and continue the main story? Why always try to reinvent the wheel?

Did you guys pushed DE to do this? I know you. Yeah, you. The one who keep whining about every updates. Convincing DE that what they're doing is not good enough so they have to do something new. I wonder why DE never finished anything...

To be fair, they are fixing the things they really screwed up when they released them.  I.E. Railjack was a train wreck when it was released and was partially fixed with the last updated on it.  This upcoming update for Railjack looks like it'll really fix it and integrate it more fully into the game so it'll be a part of new content.

6 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

sure lets give strata relay (earth) to red veil they like fire and that relay is ember themed so is always on fire im sure nobody would even notice if red veil took over the relay (just change the skin of the npc and i think thats it

then give lew lokia larunda relay (mercury) and also change the npc skins there as that relay is water themed so has more greenery than the other relays do so that seems to fit them

so that just leaves arbiters of hexis , perrin sequance and sephalon suda so they could possibly have the other relays (that are currently destroyed)

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Looking at the numbers, I can kind of see your point, but I don't 100% agree with you either. Production of what you think would constitute a "keep it simple, stupid" model -- the Warframes -- has slowed down noticeably, but it's still going strong

I see this as an absolute win.

Considering i wrote that reply as a friendly jab semi-joke simple narrative. Tbh i was ready to be called "DE white knight" and get insulted, mocked, ridiculed here.

You restored a little bit of my faith towards this community.

Cheers, my friend.

Archived