Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr deluxe is amazing, what are you on about?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

In a perfect world, the jacket would be an auxilery and I would be able to wear it on other Zephyr skins, and maybe not wear it on the deluxe.

The one thing which stopped me from buying Mag Deluxe, was that ''halo?'' thing around the neck. Small detail, yes...large enough to completely ruin the aesthetic I planned to use the helmet for.

Personally I am fine with the jacket, as a concept. Practically, I just know it will not fit with the colours I want. I would still like to be wrong, but I don't find it likely.

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

I was never interested in the concept. I wish deluxe skins were more like the original Ember Deluxe art by IgnisDei. These skins that are way out there are completely unappealing to me personally.

Right. Way to robot like. To many stiff right angles with no movement. IgnisDei concepts were superior imo. 

It doesn't look like it belongs in Warframe, but it does look cool. I hope the jacket is an accessory, but I doubt it will be.

Really, my biggest problem with it is the same problem I have with cosmetics in general lately: DE seems to have gotten lazy, and doesn't want to design them themselves anymore. They just contract everything out to other people, with Liger doing all the deluxe skins, and Tennogen for everything else. Which is why we have been seeing more and more skins that don't fit with any of the established aesthetics of the universe.

Though, with how ugly most of DE's recent output has been (looking at you, Necracorncobs), maybe this isn't such a bad thing...

I just want to point out one thing, skin is missing it's shoulder pads / armors in Pablo's preview and jacket does look better with them.

Love the deluxe but wouldn't mind jacket being auxiliary attachment like some people have suggested in this thread.

Also recommend checking Devstream #152 for complete deluxe look if anyone missed ;

I dislike the Head for its shape and the jacket(the knock out criteria) because... it does not fit.

Well made but not my taste.

With the rest of the airplane body I could work with and make something that suits my taste.

Maybe it was the presentation with the weird swinging that pushed me away. (even the dog disliked that in the video)

On the other side, I bought a skin some time ago for real money and it seems I will use it a while longer.

If they wanted to go mech, please go all the way.

8 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

yes yes, it's basically completely distinct from other Zephyr skins and won't fit on any helmet or vice versa

but on it's own it looks very good, Zephyr gaussified

the futuristic jacket with the aerodynamic wings.

i don't even know if i will be able to change the color schemes, the orange white and green fit so well together.

i'm buying it when i can ^^

I love skins that are out there dont get me wrong, but at the rate at which warframe releases deluxe skins, for it to not fit other helmets and be so different from her "bird like" design kinda hurts. 

(And the jacket def looks weird from the back..)

9 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

It's just not a very flattering skin in motion or from other angles...

https://i.imgur.com/JxAIArx.png

... 😟

And it's gonna suck trying to get cosmetics to fit on this one. None of her existing helmets are going to look good here, though maybe the deluxe helmet will look good on the regular body. idk. I wasn't really hyped for it before, and I'm even less interested now.

Tbf that’s missing the shoulder Armor and the colors are weird.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not enough Warframe players have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion apparently. Because that’s clearly what the overall design of the skin is inspired by.

Does that really matter though? You either like the skin or you don't. That's what it always comes down to.

I am just very disappointed that they decided against having the secondary item be a really cool Operator outfit. The concept art was gorgeous, but I guess they felt the way it modeled in game didn’t work.

EDIT: Or am I incorrect? Did they remove the Operator suit from the bundle?

8 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not enough Warframe players have watched Neon Genesis Evangelion apparently. Because that’s clearly what the overall design of the skin is inspired by.

Actually it's far more inspired by Wipeout than anything else, by a degree of magnitude. The ship and op suit concepts further cement this.

17 minutes ago, (PSN)VKPButcher said:

Actually it's far more inspired by Wipeout than anything else, by a degree of magnitude. The ship and op suit concepts further cement this.

That also fits to his Speed/Swfit theme. For those who knows evangelion the is also quite a reference. I‘m still worried about the textures concerning how well the colors will fit on it (e.g. if white is really a pure clean white or more like a white/grey)

17 hours ago, Voltage said:

I was never interested in the concept. I wish deluxe skins were more like the original Ember Deluxe art by IgnisDei. These skins that are way out there are completely unappealing to me personally.

I agree completely. Most of my favorite skins have been IgnisDei and I didn't really know this when I purchased them until I happened upon the designer's ArtStation profile a while back and seen all my favorites in their portfolio. I've not really been fond of some of the newer deluxe designs coming out, but the way I see it the more options to fashion-frame with the better even if I don't like some of it. However, some do like the new designs. So basically, the more options the merrier.

As for the zephyr deluxe, I found the design from inception to be too busy for my taste. I prefer the weird bio-mechanical look that Warframe tends to favor as a whole so the gundam/zone of enders/sharp angles styling doesn't do it for me - and I state this as someone that grew up with gundam and macross. However, once again, the more options the merrier. People will buy the skin and so even if I don't like the skin personally I will likely admire what people will do with it in their own fashion-framing.

So long as the base design of new warframes remain the colorful interpretations of H.R. Giger that we've had since the beginning then I'm fine with what comes.

15 minutes ago, Vlaun said:

I agree completely. Most of my favorite skins have been IgnisDei and I didn't really know this when I purchased them until I happened upon the designer's ArtStation profile a while back and seen all my favorites in their portfolio. I've not really been fond of some of the newer deluxe designs coming out, but the way I see it the more options to fashion-frame with the better even if I don't like some of it. However, some do like the new designs. So basically, the more options the merrier.

As for the zephyr deluxe, I found the design from inception to be too busy for my taste. I prefer the weird bio-mechanical look that Warframe tends to favor as a whole so the gundam/zone of enders/sharp angles styling doesn't do it for me - and I state this as someone that grew up with gundam and macross. However, once again, the more options the merrier. People will buy the skin and so even if I don't like the skin personally I will likely admire what people will do with it in their own fashion-framing.

So long as the base design of new warframes remain the colorful interpretations of H.R. Giger that we've had since the beginning then I'm fine with what comes.

Agreed.

I'm curious what weapon skin is in her bundle. Her look isn't for me, but that style could make a badass weapon. 

10 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I've watched NGE and I don't remember any of the mechs wearing a ridiculous looking physics-defying jacket.

That jacket is like...90% of the problem.

TIL that many people having and voicing the same opinion on a topic, that is mainly based on personal taste apparently means echo-chamber to some people...

I am not a fan of the skin, as I have voiced in a couple of other threads. I don't like the sharp angles and am in general not a fan of 'mech'-like designs. But I am still glad that the option exists for those that enjoy the theme. 

For me it doesn't fit into Warframe, but from the viewpoint of others, it might fit just right in. 

I am probably going to buy the bundle regardless, since I like to collect skins and have plat lying around that I don't need for anything else.

Archived