Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr deluxe is amazing, what are you on about?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

vor 33 Minuten schrieb JackHargreav:

Everyone is upset on everything here.

That's why I don't comment much anymore.

I don't see people being upset here, just voicing an opinion.

The only one who seemed to be upset seems to be OP, based on the title of this thread, complaining about other people complaining.

1 hour ago, Sinekanter said:

I don't see people being upset here, just voicing an opinion.

The only one who seemed to be upset seems to be OP, based on the title of this thread, complaining about other people complaining.

I'm not upset, i'm just trying to understand why people see this skin as ugly.

But i understand, not all people would find this new direction in cosmetics appealing.

I for one loathe the recent skinny ash and garuda skins, they look horrible to me and very disfigured.

But other people might find it edgy and cool.

3 hours ago, Aldain said:

I've watched NGE and I don't remember any of the mechs wearing a ridiculous looking physics-defying jacket.

That jacket is like...90% of the problem.

Ok the aesthetics of the skin is different. But the overall design is a slender, hunched over, robot. The EVA units are that. Likely the reason the Jacket is practically lying on top of Zephyr. Because that’s where the top of the back is.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I for one loathe the recent skinny ash and garuda skins, they look horrible to me and very disfigured.

Personally, I like the Garuda skin because it resembles a marionette, which is good for the creepy factor.

That said, while I have a couple of issues with Zephyr Deluxe (mainly her back), I'm quite fond of the design overall. The fact that it makes me think of this guy doesn't hurt.

Spoiler

tumblr_static_aouns_squeesh.png

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Hopper_Orouk:

I'm not upset, i'm just trying to understand why people see this skin as ugly.

But i understand, not all people would find this new direction in cosmetics appealing.

I get you. Please don't take my previous comment as a personal attack, that was not my intention.

I guess, skins can be hit or miss, since they represent a specific theme and people might not enjoy the theme and/or the interpretation of the theme and the designer has to get both things right. I am glad that you are enjoying the skin and I hope that the ingame model release fulfills your expectations.

IME, good Art evokes emotions.

DE skins for WF certainly do evoke emotions within the player base, so from my POV, it's all WAI.

From an old professional artist friend, "It's big, it's ugly, it's in my way - it must be Art!"

I'm glad that there are people that like the skin. But personally, I think I've reached the point where if I see the name Liger I might as well stop paying attention. I've almost universally hated all of his designs, with the exception of Hydroid deluxe. It isn't that they don't fit with Warframe's art direction, I like it when the designs branch out to more interesting directions. I just find them all hideous.

I finally remembered what the whole robot in a jacket thing was making me think of:

1QYtwOO.png

It fits just fine in a balls to the wall crazy anime like FLCL, but not so much in the (usually) much more serious Warframe universe. Its the same reason why I hate Otak, and the entire Entrati family. A publicly snotty, constantly bickering sitcom/soap opera family just plain doesn't make sense as part of the super regal and dramatic Orokin royal caste. The Orokin have always been shown to care more about appearances than anything else, so it makes no sense that they would ever let anyone else see this side of themselves. But HUR HUR THEY FUNNY! so its fine, right?

If DE keeps just throwing whatever style into the pot like this without any though, eventually Warframe is going to end up like Sonic, and we'll have similar nonsense to hedgehogs kissing humans at some point. But hey, that's the "Live Service" way! Try to appeal to everyone by having a tiny bit of everything in your game at the same time. If it works for games like Fortnite, Overwatch, and LoL, why not Warframe too? Its not like it will end up ruining all the world building DE has done, or dilute any sense of identity the game once had until its just yet another generic grey blob of profitability.

One of the best things about this game has always been its unique style, so its too bad DE doesn't seem to care much about that anymore...

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Teljaxx:

I finally remembered what the whole robot in a jacket thing was making me think of:

1QYtwOO.png

It fits just fine in a balls to the wall crazy anime like FLCL, but not so much in the (usually) much more serious Warframe universe. Its the same reason why I hate Otak, and the entire Entrati family. A publicly snotty, constantly bickering sitcom/soap opera family just plain doesn't make sense as part of the super regal and dramatic Orokin royal caste. The Orokin have always been shown to care more about appearances than anything else, so it makes no sense that they would ever let anyone else see this side of themselves. But HUR HUR THEY FUNNY! so its fine, right?

If DE keeps just throwing whatever style into the pot like this without any though, eventually Warframe is going to end up like Sonic, and we'll have similar nonsense to hedgehogs kissing humans at some point. But hey, that's the "Live Service" way! Try to appeal to everyone by having a tiny bit of everything in your game at the same time. If it works for games like Fortnite, Overwatch, and LoL, why not Warframe too? Its not like it will end up ruining all the world building DE has done, or dilute any sense of identity the game once had until its just yet another generic grey blob of profitability.

One of the best things about this game has always been its unique style, so its too bad DE doesn't seem to care much about that anymore...

As someone who works with dysfunctional families on the daily I don't really get where you get the idea from that the Entrati family is supposed to be funny/a sitcom.

Also, way to divert from the topic to paint everything black.

12 minutes ago, Sinekanter said:

As someone who works with dysfunctional families on the daily I don't really get where you get the idea from that the Entrati family is supposed to be funny/a sitcom.

IMO there's a point where the dysfunction is so absurdly over-the-top that is just becomes darkly hilarious.

It's kind of a "Crosses the Line Twice" situation so to speak.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Aldain:

IMO there's a point where the dysfunction is so absurdly over-the-top that is just becomes darkly hilarious.

It's kind of a "Crosses the Line Twice" situation so to speak.

I kind of agree and disagree at the same time, it certainly might appear absurd, but if I take away the fantastic aspects, it is very reminiscent of some situations I had to mediate in. If I can find some kind of humor in the situation, it is a dark one, as you said, certainly not a 'hahaha, funny/quirky!!!!' type of humor.

And I think it fits right into the universe; everything is kind of dysfunctional and broken families are a reoccurring theme.

Yeah, I don't really get the hate.

Pretty much all deluxe skins are wildly different in their art style from the base game cosmetics, this one is no different. Plus its a damned skin in a video game, cosmetics and their appeal is subjective. Not all skins are going to be for every player, if you don't like it then don't get it. You don't have to talk trash about the design. If I see a t-shirt at the store that I don't like I don't tell everyone how much I hate it, I buy a shirt I do like and move on with my life.

3 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Pretty much all deluxe skins are wildly different in their art style from the base game cosmetics, this one is no different. Plus its a damned skin in a video game, cosmetics and their appeal is subjective. Not all skins are going to be for every player, if you don't like it then don't get it. You don't have to talk trash about the design. If I see a t-shirt at the store that I don't like I don't tell everyone how much I hate it, I buy a shirt I do like and move on with my life.

+1

4 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

go away, logic and reason are a myth here

/s

vor 10 Minuten schrieb xcrimsonlegendx:

But if OP and other people decide to open up a discussion about something it is usually expected that people reply and might disagree. Talk about designs almost always ends up polarizing, because most people either like it or they don't and those who are indifferent/ok with it are usually not very vocal.

Sure, there are ways how to appropriately voice your opinion and not S#&$-talk something, but as far as I can tell the comments here are quite tame. Would someone call the skin an 'abomination' I would definitely disagree with them; it has its place in the game. But so far I have mostly seen people talk about their personal tastes, which I personally find absolutely fine and, honestly, very interesting.

1 minute ago, Sinekanter said:

But if OP and other people decide to open up a discussion about something it is usually expected that people reply and might disagree. Talk about designs almost always ends up polarizing, because most people either like it or they don't and those who are indifferent/ok with it are usually not very vocal.

Sure, there are ways how to appropriately voice your opinion and not S#&$-talk something, but as far as I can tell the comments here are quite tame. Would someone call the skin an 'abomination' I would definitely disagree with them; it has its place in the game. But so far I have mostly seen people talk about their personal tastes, which I personally find absolutely fine and, honestly, very interesting.

Fair enough, within this thread that makes sense but across the forums and reddit I've seen dozens of posts whinging and moaning about the design at every turn.

vor 1 Minute schrieb xcrimsonlegendx:

Fair enough, within this thread that makes sense but across the forums and reddit I've seen dozens of posts whinging and moaning about the design at every turn.

I can see how that can get annoying, I don't visit the Warframe reddit very often, so I haven't seen those posts. If they are that frequent, they would probably annoy me as well, no matter my own opinion on the skin.

8 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I really don't like this skin. It's the first skin I've felt that way about... But I'm not mad about it.

I was REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY looking forwards to Zephy Deluxe.  Honestly; but now she looks like some 1980's breakdance movie reject.
-ugh-
That jacket alone should have someone spaced for crimes against fashionframe.
BUT I have enough to nerd-rage against (re; Melee nerfs incoming), a fashionframe faux-pas? -meh-
Just means I get to keep my plats for other stuff.😁

2 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

The concept art looks sick. The actual model in game however from Pablo's rework vid looks awful. Hoping it's just unfinished, if not then who the hell okayed this?

Seconded.
CONCEPT was great... final execution?
Not so much.

15 hours ago, Sinekanter said:

Also, way to divert from the topic to paint everything black.

Its mostly Otak that's the tries way too hard to be the funny character. Every line just sounds like HAHAHAHAHAHA LAUGH AT ME I'M A CLOWN HAHAHAHAHAHA! and is incredibly distracting.

And all the other family members are such stereotypical sitcom family archetypes that I swear I can hear a laugh track after each line they say. But, funny or not, they are all so unlikable that the first time I talked to them it killed what little motivation I had to spend time on Deimos. Which is the complete opposite of Fortuna, where one of the main things I love about it is the Solaris, and helping them. Because they are properly tragic characters, and not bratty nobility that seem to deserve everything bad that has happened to them.

This is still related to the Zephyr Deluxe skin, too, because its probably a symptom of the same problem. It seems like DE used to actually care about keeping a cohesive theme across the game. All the skins they released, all the new characters they introduced, they all felt like they belonged together. But now, its like they just don't care anymore, and just throw in whatever seems "cool" at the time without much thought. Plus, since they barely do any cosmetic work themselves anymore, of course most of it doesn't really fit together. And most of the new characters they add are such cartoony stereotypes I'm surprised we haven't gotten a literal mustache twirling villain yet.

I just hope DE never goes full Fortnite, and completely abandons any sense of consistency this game still has. One of the main things that attracted me to Warframe in the first place was its style and atmosphere. Its already changed quite a bit, but its at least remained fairly coherent for the most part. And I hope we never start seeing Marvel and Star Wars skins showing up, just for profit's sake.

Archived