Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent Pictures

AndyCarneirus

I don't know if this topic has been discussed before, but i just realize that Tencent has a film distributor and production company (Tecent Pictures) so maybe(MAYBE) one day we will see a Warframe movie, or better yet a Warframe series, What are you thoughts on that? Would they F up a movie? Would be better if was a series(either animated or live action)? I would love a series about The Old War, and a horror series about the Zariman Ten Zero

For a Warframe movie to even exist, DE needs to do more work on world building, People think this game is old but in fact, we still don't have a clue what the tenno are, or what's the man in the wall's nature, I think DE need more skilled writers first, to make something like a movie possible 

7 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

For a Warframe movie to even exist, DE needs to do more work on world building, People think this game is old but in fact, we still don't have a clue what the tenno are, or what's the man in the wall's nature, I think DE need more skilled writers first, to make something like a movie possible 

On the other hand there's a pretty blank canvas to work with, so a short movie or show could do a lot to fill the universe in.

13 minutes ago, MouadSaqui said:

yep, but you have to consider that more often than not the screenwriters don't like to follow the source material

5 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

On the other hand there's a pretty blank canvas to work with, so a short movie or show could do a lot to fill the universe in.

that is a great point, that is why i would love to see a series about The Old War, i would like as a quest, but, you know...so as a series would be great, imagine like that "new" intro trailer, directed by Dan Trachtenberg, but as a series, that would be F Amazing

I know they are calling mortal kombat 1 movie a cult classic, because it was so bad it was funny, but I have never seen a video game translated into a good movie.

I saw super mario brothers and street fighter the movie, as a kid, and the standard have not gone up since.

Of course you can argue we've been in a state of creative bankruptcy since around 2000, so all movies are crap but still.

What do we have now, 42 different frames? I mean that's a lot of characters to fit in a story.

I think the lore is purposefully vague, which sometimes can work better. It's almost impossible to say something stupid, if you don't say anything.

If you take the aliens from Alien movies, they work much better when nothing is explained.

Origin stories and detailed descriptions are often a lot less interesting than what people can imagine - I guess partly because people imagine things they personally find more interesting, and so is often led down by the reveal or whatever.

But yeah so if you wanted to stay connected to the source material you'd almost need a david lynch at his worst, if you watched the new season of twin peaks.

Though the theme of it seems relevant enough, ghost in the machine/shell, the matrix and living through an external, digital buffer, consciousness and all that.

Or make it like game of thrones, every faction fighting for power and the infested as the ice zombies.

It would be hilarious to watch a show where every character was non-human. Like having all the corpus scenes be corpus sounds with subtitles and see if they audience could connect to a walking pile of curcuits.

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

warframe movie/tv series? be honest, you got this idea from dota 2 having an upcoming anime series didn't ya

Nope, i was starting to watch the Monster Hunter movie and i saw the Tencent Pictures credits, i look it up on the wiki and saw some movies they were involved with, i thought it would be cool if they did something with Warframe. I never played Dota, but it would be cool to watch an anime, and know the story

9 minutes ago, AndyCarneirus said:

Nope, i was starting to watch the Monster Hunter movie and i saw the Tencent Pictures credits, i look it up on the wiki and saw some movies they were involved with, i thought it would be cool if they did something with Warframe. I never played Dota, but it would be cool to watch an anime, and know the story

MH movie was my second guess...really xd

jk

MH movie is the exact reason this should never happen.

"American soldiers are inserted teleported into the future where they fight the enemies of the Origin System (the Warframes are there too I guess), starring, you guessed it, the director's wife Mila Jovovich!"

4 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

MH movie is the exact reason this should never happen.

"American soldiers are inserted teleported into the future where they fight the enemies of the Origin System (the Warframes are there too I guess), starring, you guessed it, the director's wife Mila Jovovich!"

I agree with you that a movie would be kinda of sh*tty, i only watched 10min of MH, thought about a Warframe movie/serie and got back to the game, but a series would be interesting, especially animated or CGI
They (Tencent Pictures) "did" Warcraft too, i like some parts of the movie, the Orc part.
A good example is Netflix's Castlevania, that was F Amazing

1 hour ago, MouadSaqui said:

I disagree, I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle

Literal interpretation: are the Z-kids superpowered humans? Corrupted humans? Pawns? Energy beings? Void demons? Is Wally evil? Benevolent? Moral but callous? Trying to play both sides? We don't know yet!

Thematic interpretation: the Z-kids are child soldiers having a coming-of-age story, and Wally is their trickster mentor. Bam, that wasn't too hard, nice solid core to wrap the rest of the movie around

tencent  has already F up so many things, and there is no chance that they know how to make films, as a Chinese, i feel so terrible to tell you that most movie shut in China are just cover for money laundering(ok, it's a meme, we also don't know why we do not produce good films).

But there is one thing for sure, if tencent want to make any film, they will tent to put so many so called 国风 things in it. 国风, or Chinese style, is just someting looks Chinese, but actually has nothing to do with the culture core. they pretend they knew chinese culture, but actually they just want money. According to this, they will just make Wukong or Nezha the main character,  and then mess up the whole world view.

warframe is not popular in china, even we have 星际战甲 now run by tencent, a warframe movie won't make any profit for it, at least in chinese movie market. 

so, don't worry about that disgusting penguin

Tencent have way bigger IPs to make movies out of.

And even if they do, i wouldn't care anyway. Some of my top favorite videogames of all time have ************* **** **** movie adaptations, at this point i have absolutely zero faith and interests on movies that are based on videogames. I also don't care about what others think, kinda ironic remembering how every gamers was freaked out hoping the first tomb rider movie would turn out good, so normal people would think videogames are cool and accept gamers into society.

7 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

is there enough story for a movie/tv series?

well just note if captain vor does his mono log that will take up half an episode just due to its sheer length "look at theses tenno..............skip

9 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

is there enough story for a movie/tv series?

yep, there is. They could do a animated series, 46 episodes, one about every Warframe, like the Leverian lore, or they could do a horror series about the Zariman Ten Zero, if they do a movie, it could start with Ballas or Margulis explaining about the Orokin, why they created the Sentients for terraforming the Tau System, showing the Zariman Ten Zero being rescued, the Tenno training, Rell blinding Margulis, they can do a good story, either end with Margulis death, or end with the Tenno killing the Orokin(or maybe end the 2nd movie with the end of the Old War)
The question is, can they hire the RIGHT people to do a really good movie/series(if they decide to do it, obviously)

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think giving the Warframe Universe the anthology treatment would be a beautiful addition to the lore.

Ever watch Halo Legends?

That's exactly what I was thinking! Something akin to that would be perfect, a bunch of short but sweet stories tied to the warframe universe. They could be as symbolic or literal as they want.

Archived