Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which frame would you like to see reworked?

Joezone619

Since I know the majority of ppl don`t know the difference between a rework and a revisit I`ll put this here.

This should be pined.

Rework

A warframe that has one or more of their abilities either removed or combined and replaced by a new ability.

Examples;

Excalibur, Limbo, Wukong, Vauban and Ember.

Revisit

A warframe that receives small changes or improvements to its abilities without completely changing the ability.

Examples;

Oberon, Nezha, Saryn, Nyx and Titania.

On 2021-03-11 at 5:14 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Exactly, the build required to get those abilities to function like that is absolutly terrible.

If Xaku could do all of that with significantly less modding requirements they would be a vastly better, and more fun frame to play. Good scaling is no excuse for awful, unintuitive design.

Also, I’m not a fan of the stationary AOE armor strip, Deny is just Iron Jab 2.0, and DEs excuse for not buffing Grasps gun range and gimping it’s recast is stupid. The last thing a new frame should be is put on the same level of quality and performance as a poorly aging frame like Loki. If they’re really concerned about AFKing with Xaku then they should make the guns only attack when the player is and buff grasps range and let it be recast again.

I disagree with your first point, but agree with basically everything else.

Before I went for the preposterous max range, glass cannon, still enough power strength to fully strip build that I have now, I was rocking a build with decent range and some tankiness built in.  It was much cheaper in terms of forma, and still completely shredded everything Steel Path and below.  It just meant I could use my weapons too, every now and then.  I think making Xaku's builds more forgiving might be a good thing, but it's not as high of a priority as fixing the clunkiness of their 3.  I never bother with the Iron Jab 2.0 as you call it, even though it is strong, because then I'd have to cycle to it.  And back.

7 hours ago, doominator10 said:

Needs a rework: Hydroid

I want a minor rework: Garuda. She's my favorite frame aesthetically, but she's not very useful practically. I can't even take her into steel path. The corpus enemies ignore her shield and she just dies.

Garuda is awesome and has so much potential, but yeah, she does struggle against new Corpus.  I think that's more an issue with the bogus AOE supras than it is with her, though.  Those AOE supras render sentinels completely unusable.

@Xaero

I have to disagree with the part where you said his 1 should benefit off of melee, because of this you have to choose between using the ability or use the melee weapon but sacrifice the ability being effective. imo abilities should work without the need of benefitting off of melee and I think they should be removed.

I would either make that the ability can be modified like Severgoths ghost form or give it the combo multi, continuously building up unlimited damage over time as long as you cast the ability within the duration window.

If this were to happed, It would be a massive improvement to those types of abilities.

And just to correct you, what you`re asking for is a revisit not a rework.

Spoiler

Rework

A warframe that has one or more of their abilities either removed or combined and replaced by a new ability.

Examples;

Excalibur, Limbo, Wukong, Vauban and Ember.

Revisit

A warframe that receives small changes or improvements to its abilities without completely changing the ability.

Examples;

Oberon, Nezha, Saryn, Nyx and Titania.

On 2021-03-11 at 12:45 AM, Xaero said:

Excalibur. And this is how I want him to be reworked.

2fikTIJ.jpg

This is where you lost me.

I don't know why you'd willingly ask for another set of Garuda's disastrous halfway-exalted talons.  They are glitchy, don't function well with sortie modifiers, underpowered, and abstruse.  

But yeah, the rest of the rework looks great.  I particularly like your Slash Dash and Radial Javelin suggestions.

26 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I don't know why you'd willingly ask for another set of Garuda's disastrous halfway-exalted talons.  They are glitchy, don't function well with sortie modifiers, underpowered, and abstruse.  

Combined with the new ultimate, it will just become a better Exalted Blade.

There are four frames I would say are in dire need of rebuilding from the ground up, in this order: Valkyr, Mirage, Hydroid, Grendel.

Valkyr's best ability is actually terrible, and a melee weapon isn't an ultimate, even if it makes you invincible. Her two other abilities are almost completely useless. You could argue that Garuda is basically Valkyr 2.0 even down to the claws, but even she has some issues. To make Valkyr good, she would need some more utility than boosting attack speed and armor. Paralysis could have some sort of armor strip and/or fear effect, but that would make it a clone of Terrify.

Mirage has a multishot buff (in essence, anyway). Eclipse is too janky to be useful, Sleight of Hand is only good if you sacrifice everything else in your build, and only play on a ring map like Hydron (in my experience), and Prism is powerful but has severe restrictions. Remove Prism's channeling cost and reduce the four second casting time to one. Make Eclipse work off of player designed light levels, and have Prism make light and SoH make things dark. Make SoH have its dark only effect.

Hydroid has two abilities that need to be charged to be useful, and one of them doesn't reliably work. His pool mode just takes you out of the fight, and Tidal Surge is actually pretty good, but requires WAY too much energy for what's basically a massive pushback. ...Honestly the whole frame should be scrapped in my opinion and rebuilt from the ground up. There's almost nothing here of any value, especially with Strangledome and Petrify having similar augments. Vauban does the zone defense thing on lockdown, especially since he isn't limited to one unique cast of each ability.

Grendel is Inaros with more steps, and is literally built around a single ability. All three of his other abilities are useless without Feast, and Feast has some really bad limits. Nourish should have all buffs activate at once, maybe even for a third of the time. The channeled ability energy-over-time block shouldn't apply while Grendel is in normal mode. Pulverize is just freaking awful, and I would replace it with a rolling cannonball that he shoots out all enemies he has swallowed. Honestly he has the most potential to be fun, but because his abilities are so weak, there's no reason to pick him over Inaros if all you want is a tank.

Other frames I'd like to see touched up are Wukong, Inaros, Limbo, Atlas, Rhino, Revenant, Nyx, Frost, and Octavia; either because one ability is WAY better or worse than anything else and their kit needs adjusting, or because a newer frame does everything they do better. But that's a game for you to play.

I've voted for Nyx. Among all frames it's a least fun and useful. Some my say it can be handful on SP thanks to invincibility. However it's only a gimmick. You have dozens of better choices. Nyx has bad CC, is slow and weak. None of her abilities is fun or spectacular in any way.

Hydroid first. Inaros second. Xaku is unreliable (in steel path). My favorite warframe is Inaros but his kit is honestly useless. His only ability as everyone says is his survivability. He needs to be more than that, Initially, i used to use his 1. Now, i don't even bother using that. Just take a melee and that's it. Arcanes do all the job! 😀  

Why is Wukong the most used warframe - because he was reworked and his kit is complete. The only thing sucked post melee 3.0 changes was his 4th ability. No worries. Helminth is there. 

Same should be applied to all. Any warframe shouldn't be useless as the game's core depends on it. Guns and Melee should be secondary.

Archived