They've been a huge problem since forever because there's no way to pick them off except to leave, then they just go find someone else to carry them.

There doesn't seem to be anything running in the background that kicks you for being inactive or just lazy so there's no real reason not to do it, especially annoying in arbitrations where there is a wasted slot where someone useful could be instead of these bums.

>vote kicking will be abused
there are communities much worse than Warframe's which have vote kicking. trust me, it is not abused.

>just go solo
>just go to recruiting

angry kung fu panda GIF

Edited by Flint__
  • Like 6

No one in a PuG owes you anything.

You make the choice to subject yourself to random players, it's your choice, each and every single time, the fault lies with YOU and no one else.

• Like 9

No problem will ever be worse to me than the possibility of being wrongfully kicked by tenno chad and his chadderettes.

I'll take an afk player who had to go to the bathroom or had some emergency happen mid-game, even if that 'best case scenario' is usually not the actual case, over the being at the mercy of poopy players. If I don't like my squad at least it's my choice to leave.

• Like 5

DE only does anything when either content creators cry, or enough people complain. If you have an issue with someone leeching, just screenshot and submit a ticket. The time you spend waiting to extract thanks to an afk is longer than it takes to submit a ticket.

Kick function is also generally useless in the games that have them. DE just needs to make reporting leechers an in-game feature and give them warnings with reward removals and eventually suspensions. Not all pve games have leeching problems due to publishers actually suspending them frequently. DE is so relaxed on game behavior suspensions that "end-game" often amounts to botting endless missions with no punishments.

• Like 3

In a sortie once there was a guy that didn't do anything and moved once in a while to fake not being afk, I can't be bothered to start again the sortie so I let him leech.

Took screenshot sent it to support and they replied thanking and that they were gonna do something about it, Don't know if something happened but at least they replied.

Just like you can't walk on a busy city street in public and tell people how to walk, talk, and act.....you can't join a public match and tell people how to play.

Once you go into a public sphere, things just are what they are. 

You can try to communicate with the leech, but if nothing changes oh well you tried. 

Keep things civil on your side, make screenshots, send those to support using the relevant topics. That is what you can do. I think "leeching" has a place, but when all members agree on it. At which point its no longer leeching anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Just like you can't walk on a busy city street in public and tell people how to walk, talk, and act.....you can't join a public match and tell people how to play.

You can try to communicate with the leech, but if nothing changes oh well you tried. 

Do have to say that this is a bit different. Like in real life you are not part of a co-op game. This is more like a member just peacing out during group paintball. One could expect everyone is there to at least try to play, not sitting back to let others do everything while claiming the rewards after.

• Like 1

There's a difference between different playstyles that might annoy someone and just being garbage by leeching.

Yes, when playing public you should expect people that play in different ways but leeching isn't acceptable ever, people should report them and even bounce from the mission to not give the leecher what they want.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Pugging a mission is closer to a job where the team consented to receiving payment for completing their task as a group. A leecher in this example is that obnoxious co-worker that gets paid for spending time on their phone pretending to work while everyone else is actually working. While you can't force the terrible co-worker to do the job they agreed to do, you can at least report it and hope they get fired.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

There's a difference between different playstyles that might annoy someone and just being garbage by leeching.

Yes, when playing public you should expect people that play in different ways but leeching isn't acceptable ever, people should report them and even bounce from the mission to not give the leecher what they want.

And I think that players that let this idea of 'leeching' even enter their minds/emotions as some sort of 'huge problem' are hilarious.

What is or is not 'acceptable' to each person is on them.

If it's behavior that DE does not condone and you choose to report, good on you.

For me, having played these games for a couple decades, IME, the bigger issue is the kvetching about the 'leachers' from the players that cannot 'abide' such things, than the actual 'leeching'.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Yes but its not nice to take advantage of your teammates and let them do all the work for you, for said reason its considered a Anti-game behavior and is against the game's rules, therefore punishable.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Pugging a mission is closer to a job where the team consented to receiving payment for completing their task as a group. A leecher in this example is that obnoxious co-worker that gets paid for spending time on their phone pretending to work while everyone else is actually working. While you can't force the terrible co-worker to do the job they agreed to do, you can at least report it and hope they get fired.

It's only "drama" because you considering your point of view to be above everyone. Notice how until all the posts were deleted the topic went from leechers, to you?

DE already deemed leeching to be an act that can result in suspension, there's literally no point in defending the behavior.

Bold mine - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Now it's a Job reference again? You guys are hilarious.

Sure, report 'leachers' if you see them and think it's an issue, I am not advocating anything against that, I just think hilarious that people get bent because a random player on the Internet won't follow their rules, always have, always will, it's a silly POV.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

And I think that players that let this idea of 'leeching' even enter their minds/emotions as some sort of 'huge problem' are hilarious.

If it's behavior that DE does not condone and you choose to report, good on you.

For me, having played these games for a couple decades, IME, the bigger issue is the kvetching about the 'leachers' from the players that cannot 'abide' such things, than the actual 'leeching'.

Obnoxious players are worse than leechers, fyi.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yes but its not nice to take advantage of your teammates and let them do all the work for you, for said reason its considered a Anti-game behavior and is against the game's rules, therefore punishable.

And if that bothers you as a player, you have the tools to report, leave the team, make your own teams, solo, etc.

The players that come out of the woodwork to rage 'because their hard work' is 'leached' are, IMO, the ones with the issue, because they have the tools to avoid the situation they don't enjoy, but refuse to use them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

And if that bothers you as a player, you have the tools to report, leave the team, make your own teams, solo, etc.

The players that come out of the woodwork to rage 'because their hard work' is 'leached' are, IMO, the ones with the issue, because they have the tools to avoid the situation they don't enjoy, but refuse to use them

Or maybe the tools that you deify so heavily aren't as effective as you think they are, 

Its not that these tools aren't used, its that these tools you keep referencing do very little to mitigate the problem

• Like 2

Just now, Zimzala said:

Heh, something tells me you leech often for your way of thought.

And yes, Leechers bother me a lot, for that reason when i go to a mission with a Leecher i make it clear who is and invite the Non-leechers to leave the session so i can make one without the leecher and i often do report leechers when its reoccurring and/or they decide to spit out nonsense on the chat either against me or the other teammates. "Play Solo" is just a dumb answer when the whole idea of the game is to play with other players.

And adding to that last post of yours i quoted:

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Its a Multiplayer game, if YOU join a PuG, you are expected to participate so YES, you do owe your team the effort.

4 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

The players that come out of the woodwork to rage 'because their hard work' is 'leached' are, IMO, the ones with the issue, because they have the tools to avoid the situation they don't enjoy, but refuse to use them.

If we had the tools to avoid the situation like an option to Kick Leechers so they learn that they are the ones that should be playing Solo or doing the wrong, we wouldnt be having topics and debates like these in the forums in the first place would we?

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

DE literally has systems in place to prevent you from getting rewards if you’re AFK.

It’s clearly against their rules, not sure why you’re defending leeches so hard.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

This is flawed logic, if I go on a murder spree in my city as long as it's acceptable to me then I won't get punished for it? It's a terrible thing to do and against the law.

Same way leeching is a terrible thing to do and against the rules, people should report them and leave the mission if they want, leeching will never be acceptable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

DE literally has systems in place to prevent you from getting rewards if you’re AFK.

Sadly it doesnt always work since you can just let your team play for example 4 waves of a defense mission then half way on the 5th you can just run around shooting random mobs just to deal damage and collecting the drops then return to your corner.

1 minute ago, -QueenUnicorn- said:

Or maybe the tools that you deify so heavily aren't as effective as you think they are, 

Its not that these tools aren't used, its that these tools you keep referencing do very little to mitigate the problem

The problem will always be there because you're on the internet with humans. You're never going to reach some max human potential where people play exactly how you want.

Sometimes people step away for a sec and their toddler grabs the controller. Sometimes people's controller dies. Sometimes some random emergency happens and someone has to run away from the computer or controller because their cat knocked a candle over. Sometimes someone nukes Hydron and the other person doesn't want to bother running around to not get kills so they sit in the middle etc etc. 

10 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Now it's a Job reference again? You guys are hilarious.

You can replace "job" with literally anything if you like. Matchmaking is just an automatic LFG system consenting to completing an objective set by DE. Afking is acceptable in a pre-made group if the group chooses.

10 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I just think hilarious that people get bent because a random player on the Internet won't follow their rules, always have, always will, it's a silly POV.

Stating a behavior is "bad" isn't being "bent". It's also not "my" rules, it's DE's.

Either way, people have a right to be bothered by people violating rules they agreed to, just as how you're allowed to be emotional about other people being bothered.

• Like 2