Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost's Ice Wave Problem

Rhundis

I apologies before hand if there is already a forum post about this but i want to bring it to your attention again anyway. It appears that when using the Warframe Frost, and using his ability Ice Wave, the wave of ice that is shot forward is not affected by terrain of any kind be it a hill, staircase, or sudden cliff. The damage however, is correctly portrayed as long as it is a straight line to the target regardless of elevation (to an extent, need to do further research.). 

It would be great if the guys who do the coding could re-vamp the skill so the visual artifact (representation) can at least follow the current geometry of the map layout regardless of position. For example, you shoot Ice Wave off from the top of a staircase, (current version: Ice Wave floats in the air, ruining my immersion somewhat.) (Recommended version: Ice Wave travels down the staircase and then levels out when it reaches the bottom.)

Thanks for listening, 

M3CH4N1C 

(Frost Prime)

Yeah... I would be more worried about the fact that Ice damage seems to do poorly against anything besides shields (so once those are down, benefit is moot) it doesn't slow down targets at all/long enough (crowd control). Also frozen targets could take extra damage.

This is true, maybe they should change it to a wall of Icy Mist? Although i do kind of like the threatening wave of giant Ice Spikes coming at your face. 

And yes they really need to make ice do some actual damage, or at least add a slowed effect to Ice Wave.

ICE wave should stagger enemies. That will give a time and it will be helpful at high level missions.
Avalanche - Should freeze targets for 5 seconds, just like rhino have with Rhino Stomp that lift enemies for 8 seconds.
Freeze - first shot should make double damage because of easier to crush enemy OR Freeze target for 4 seconds no matter if target get damage or not.