Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

• TYPE: Voting system, specifically in Railjack missions.
  • DESCRIPTION: When a Railjack mission is completed and someone brings up the vote to go to the next mission (this can be to a new RJ mission, the Dry Dock, a relay or something else), the vote system does not work for anyone except the one who brought the vote up.
  • REPRODUCTION: Complete any RJ mission with at least one other person in your squad and vote to go somewhere, say the Dry Dock.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: For everyone who didn't start the vote, there should be the usual checkmark to approve the vote and the x to vote against it.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: While the person who started the vote has the force start and x as per normal (which somewhat circumvents the problem), everyone else only has the x to vote against the suggestion but no checkmark to approve it.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Has happened, thus far, after every Railjack mission is finished.
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, RadiantEventide said:

Ah, I haven't seen that yet. I wonder why they don't hop off for me?

Only some of the suit racks have active enemies in them.  I'm not sure if the others are just empty or dead / in stasis.

35 minutes ago, Everlasting_Joy said:
  • snip

That's how railjack mission select has been for a long time now (it used to only be the host that could select the next mission).  Not saying it's a good system currently, and I personally follow the idea that you always return to drydock in a public game after each run unless everyone agrees to do another run.

• TYPE: In Game
  • DESCRIPTION: The camera view can get messed up during railjack missions for warframes.  I've only had it happen a few times, and specifically only recall seeing it when using the slingshot to enter a crewship.  The y axis for the camera gets shifted downward, so you can only look a certain amount (about 45%) from the horizontal while being able to look down all the way so the camera is upside down.  All other available options (operator, archwing, mech, all railjack stations) the camera is fine, but the camera for warframe only fixes itself when loading into dojo (I never tested loading another mission 
  • VISUAL 29F33D1EAF64D5FB8C060FEA7863C70E8466E7B5
  • REPRODUCTION: Not 100% positive but it seemed to only happen while I slingshot  into a crewship.  I've also only run solo missions, so it was definitely  as host that it happened
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Camera has standard pan 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Camera is limited for looking upwards and can be inverted when looking downwards
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: many 30% of the times I've used slingshot to enter  a crewship (which  i don't do  too often solo, so it's hard to say)

Bug report:

• TYPE: In game mission rewards
  • DESCRIPTION: Affinity earned during railjack missions is not applied properly to arsenal. It's probably the bonus affinity but I'm not going to investigate further because the post mission affinity screen has been broken since its update.

• VISUAL:

8xPlEMC.jpeg

nYgWUiQ.jpeg

• REPRODUCTION: Return to the dry dock to claim rewards from railjack mission, then "Leave Dojo".
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The affinity earned should have been applied to the arsenal.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not all affinity earned was applied to the arsenal.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Each and every time I return to the dry dock after completing a railjack mission.

• TYPE: UI - Gear Wheel
  • DESCRIPTION: Missing gear through the echo-lure interactive selection menu. The picture is of the pheromone synthesizers but it applies to Kubrodon echo-lure selection as well.
  • VISUAL: [img]https://imgur.com/a/e8bOJ1eg[/img]
  • REPRODUCTION: Enter Vallis at any time.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Refreshing my instance would reload my gear wheel and allow me access to the Kubrodon Pheromone Synthesizer/Echo-Lure.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It did not. The following actions resulted in no change.
    • Purchasing more Kubrodon pheromones from the Biz.
    • Exiting all the way to Orbiter and re-entering Orb Vallis.
    • Equipping another echo-lure to see if that changed anything.
    • Equipping another echo-lure without the Kubrodon echo-lure.
    • Restarting my game.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%
  • Like 2

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Gunnery Rank 9 heat flush does not work on controllers.  Specifically, a Dualshock 4 being used through Steam.  The reload button is also the contextual activate button, which I suspect is why "reloading" the turrets does not work.  R on the keyboard still works, even with DS4 plugged in.
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: Playing Warframe through Steam with a Dualshock 4, press/hold Square (reload) while piloting or operating a side turret.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Heat flush perk would activate, near instantly draining all heat from the turret.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Perk does not activate, heat instead decreasing at normal rate.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

• TYPE: In-Game Companion AI
  • DESCRIPTION: Companions do not follow you any more if they begin fighting
  • VISUAL: Companion stays and fights even many tiles away.
  • REPRODUCTION: enter any mission with a kavat
  • EXPECTED RESULT: companion follows you when you are far enough away
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Companion stays and fights even many tiles away. kavat will only come back to you if the kavat dies or the enemies die
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every mission

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 3

Teleporting to a teammate in the corpus airlock to start the ground portion breaks the game with the intrinsic skill.

Aborting a mission makes you lose all bonus affinity, even if the mission is complete in railjack

Edited by Ryujin

• TYPE: UI and Menus
  • DESCRIPTION: Can't access the Plexus after unlocking the Archwing and not having (yet) constructed your own Railjack since the various consoles allowing to configure it don't have any interactable prompt until you own a Railjack
  • REPRODUCTION: Try interacting with a console to configure your Plexus after unlocking the Archwing and not having (yet) constructed your own Railjack
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get an interactable prompt to access any compatible console
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No interactable prompt appear and thus the console remain inaccessible through any mean of my understanding
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time until you own a Railjack

• TYPE: In-Game, UI Interface
  • DESCRIPTION: Equipping Third Crewmate with Armor Pieces from Blank Slate. Third armor selection will produce a broken interface/inability to select 3 armor pieces.
  • VISUALhttps://youtu.be/1RpPg98WQQw
  • REPRODUCTION: Video accurately describes how to reproduce. Remove all armor. On third armor selection, interface will not allow selection of armor, targeting one higher.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Interface is reactive and accurate to mouse placement and images displayed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Interface acts as if targeting selection above.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Made three different videos but opted to only include final one, showing 100% reproduction rate.

• TYPE: In-Game, Gameplay Bug
  • DESCRIPTION: Loss of Functionality in pilot seat, had to use in-game unlock ability to escape (Meaning total softlock for lower rank tactical players)
  • VISUALhttps://youtu.be/aPgv2e8fqNc
  • REPRODUCTION: CNR
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When in pilot seat, can pilot and interact normally.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Player Model acted as if unseated, could fire rifle, roll with shift, appeared to be running in place. Could not in any way meaningfully pilot the railjack. Tactical menu still functioned; "Recall" abilities did not work. Fast Warping to another segment of the ship allowed escape.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Could Not Reproduce.

I saw the open bounty about doors not opening and wanted to add to it.

• DESCRIPTION: Playing a subsequent Railjack mission, host and client can get out of sync
  • REPRODUCTION:
  1. Play and complete any corpus RJ mission
  2. Return to the DOJO (this step might be optional)
  3. Not changing the squad, start another mission, preferrably one with a corpus ship that has a lot of tiles. E.g. exterminate rather than defense.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Everything in sync between host and client
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When boarding the Corpus ship differences between host and client can be ovserved. Ranging from doors that do not open, to caches in different locations and caches that can only be opened on hosts or on clients.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Very high. Because of this, as a workaround, our squad returns to the DOJO after every mission, everyone returns to their orbiter and we remake the squad.
Edited by TouristAttraction

• TYPE: In-Game, Green Door Barrier does not open correctly.
  • DESCRIPTION: While completing a mission, if another objective triggers at the same time for mission progression of the tileset with the green door opening issue (As Bug Bounty) the door will not open.
  • VISUAL: N/A / Difficult reproduction [see steps]
  • REPRODUCTION: Atypical reproduction rate; Best done in testing server conditions. Reduce other objectives to 1 fighter, 1 crewship, and two locations. Have another player complete a mission objective at other location to reproduce most easily. [In Solo play, occurs when ship is damaged and Crewmate announces a repair action]. This will allow easier reproduction framing.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Door opens, mission progresses as normal.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Door refuses to open and blocks progress. INTERESTING SIDENOTE: If bug is accurately reproduced and door does not open, the spiral stairway upwards next to the door will have a 'slag' laying over the walkway your warframe can walk underneath. Doing so will cause your warframe to instantly be sent to the Hold X to Revive screen with no countdown. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Low/Complex Reproduction.

• DESCRIPTION: Scraping new RJ guns gives 25 endo instead of 225
  • VISUAL: IDK how to add screenshots 
  • REPRODUCTION: Tried to get rid of excess scrap and it gives 25 endo instead of 225
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should get 225 endo
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I get 25 endo
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

TYPE: Matchmaking, Railjack

DESCRIPTION: Players that haven't built a Railjack get stuck in a loading screen if there are no joinable crews for the selected mission type.

VISUAL: Loading screen looks like this: sfanOh3.jpeg

REPRODUCTION:

1. Use a player account without a Railjack unlocked.

2. Select a mission type that is unlikely to have players online, eg. Free Flight.

(also seems possible to select "Solo" matchmaking, when this should be impossible without owning a Railjack).

3. Wait for the timer to run out without matchmatching anyone.

4. Observe the perpetual loading screen.

EXPECTED RESULT: The game shouldn't leave the navigation menu if there are no free crews, or an error message should pop up, or some option to abort and go back to your ship.

OBSERVED RESULT: Player gets stuck in a loading screen with no way out without force-closing the game. 

REPRODUCTION RATE: Always.

Edited by SupSuper

Type: Gameplay

Description: When entering the Slingshot, if the Archwing is not parallel to the "Ground" of the Level, the camera will let you look further up or down than usual restricting camera movment in the opposite Direction

Visual:

Reproduction: Enter Railjack mission and tilt your Railjack up or down, enter and exit slingshot

Reproduction Rate: 100%

• TYPE: Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: All new Corpus railjack weapons seem to have a sell price that is too low
  • VISUALhttps://prnt.sc/10ugxqf
    https://prnt.sc/10ugy8k
  • REPRODUCTION: Any and all corpus railjack weapons sell for 25 endo regardless of which one or what tier. Simply obtain one.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It to sell for the usual price
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Sells for 25
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

TYPE: In-Game

DESCRIPTION: The nautilus sentinel attachments always revert back to the default blue energy color no matter which color you pick.

VISUAL: MmQu884.jpg

REPRODUCTION: Pick any energy color for the attachments. 

EXPECTED RESULT: The color of the energy streams that come out of the attachments should switch to the chosen color.

OBSERVED RESULT: The energy streams always revert back to the default blue color after selecting a color from any of the color palettes.

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%, happens with every color/palette

• Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: I came to Necralisk from a quick mission into the Cambion Drift.
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/xdMvSqg
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get a quick popup showing my completed Nightwave objective and riven progress.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The riven progress appeared on top of the Nightwave pop-up, and the riven icon staid on after that, only going away when I returned to my orbiter.

• TL;DR - Necramech kills in Corpus Railjack Missions do not give credit towards intrinsics. (29.10.4)
  • TYPE: In-Game (Railjack Missions)
  • DESCRIPTION: To demonstrate the bug, I went alone into a Veil Corpus Exterminate mission and entered the Corpus ship so I could control for intrinsic gain (ie, no npc is killing fighters and giving me xp while inside the ship). I took three screenshots, posted below, that show my intrinsics and kill count before and after the Necramech killed a single mob. I then killed a couple of mobs using my Mesa Prime Regulators and screenshotted the now increased intrinsic amount. This should demonstrate that killing mobs with frames increases intrinsics, but Necramechs do not share that trait.
  • VISUAL: Before kill with necramech (base intrinsic level)After kill with necramech, (shows same intrinsic progress as before but with updated kill count and affinity given to weapons)Kills with warframe afterward, (shows updated kill count as well as increased intrinsic levels) 
    • I apologize for not being able to make the image show in the post - for some reason, the insert image from URL option would not work for me on several attempts. Thus, links are given.
    • In hindsight, the UI is in Korean and I neglected to change it, so if I need to recreate this in the English client, I have before and can do so again. Also, even without being able to read Hangul script, the data are in similar places as the English client and may be identified accordingly, if it helps :)
  • REPRODUCTION: I have replicated this bug multiple times since release, several times in side objectives (ie, freighter bonus objective), another few times in priority node objectives, and in multiple mission types (ie, defense, volatile, exterminate).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expected to get intrinsic gain from a Necramech kill.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I did not get intrinsic gain from Necramech kill, although my weapons and necramech gained affinity.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I have had 100% reproduction rate across several attempts to replicate on release and with each hotfix since with the exception of 29.10.3. However, this report was produced during 29.10.4, so I presume the bug was still present in the earlier hotfix.

TYPE: In Game
DESCRIPTION: After completing a Railjack mission, only the host can initiate a new mission, and other players cannot vote on the mission. The host has to force the mission start.
VISUAL: None.
REPRODUCTION: Has happened in every Railjack mission I've done so far.
EXPECTED RESULT: Players should be able to vote on next mission.
OBSERVED RESULT: Players unable to vote.
REPRODUCTION RATE: Has happened in every Railjack mission so far.

Bug with the mission Numina, the vents sometimes don't become vulnerable or don't show up on the map so the mission fails. I'd just suggest increasing meltdown time from 15 to 30 second to help mitigate the bug until it can be patched.