Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

EDIT: Finally fixed in Hotfix 29.10.7!

Just a heads up. Hotfix 29.10.6 said this was fixed:

• Fixed Onslaught Matrix/Protective Shots Mods stacking when you repeatedly equip it in the Plexus.

This is not true. The issue persists.

I don't know if this has been reported, but the numbers go up when you equip AND unequip said mods.

Cheers!

Edited by Lakyus

• TYPE: Ability not working properly
  • DESCRIPTION: Using Gauss' 4 in a Railjack mission doesn't work properly as the battery doesn't go beyond the redline, it just stay below and Gauss doesn't gain it's overdrive.
  • VISUAL: It's reflected in Gauss' battery on screen in missions.
  • REPRODUCTION: Allways in any Railjack missions.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Gauss' Redline (4th ability) should work properly on Railjack.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: As per description
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%
Edited by Legacor

TYPE: UI

DESCRIPTION: Browsing Railjack armaments wreckage. Searched "Laith" under "Zetki", saw no wreckage, checked under "Mk. II" and saw Zetki Laith wreckage.

VISUAL: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2435426652 https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198060361981/screenshots 

REPRODUCTION: Reproduction unknown, only one known occurrence.

EXPECTED RESULT: Zetki Laith wreckage should have appeared under the Zetki tab when searched with "Laith"

OBSERVED RESULT: Zetki Laith wreckage only appeared under the Mk. II tab

REPRODUCTION RATE: Reproduction rate unknown, only one known occurrence.

Edited by D3RPAxios
Attempted to insert images from URL, could not insert.
  • Like 1

Hi, it's me again.

I observed 4 bugs in two consecutive missions. This time I'll use the formatting. I'm also updating [this post] with the status of the bugs as of Hotfix 29.10.6.

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: CLIENT cannot interact with the hack panel in the Infested Derelict loot dungeon in Veil. Host could do it normally, however.
  • VISUAL: None.
  • REPRODUCTION: Go to R-9 Cloud, get to the loot dungeon as a client, try to hack the panel. It MIGHT be related to the other bug I've reported [here].
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Everyone can interact with the hack panel.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Client (me) could not interact with the hack panel, but host could.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It hapened only once today. I was the client. We were doing the R-9 Cloud node, without Sentient modifier.

• DESCRIPTION: After Hotfix 29.10.6, some Bonus Rewards popups on Mission End no longer appear, and your rewards do not appear in the Tab mission results. It's a visual UI bug only, because when you finish the mission, the rewards appear in the mission log and your inventory as they were supposed to be.
  • REPRODUCTION: Do any Veil Grinner mission. Tested on R-9 Cloud. Finish the mission, wait for the popups.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: All Bonus Rewards are shown as a popup and in your Tab mission log.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Only the main Mission Reward is shown and a single Bonus appears as a popup and in your Tab mission log.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time, so far. At least in R-9 Cloud. It happens to everyone in the squad.

• DESCRIPTION: Investigate Anomaly mission objective resets with host migration in Veil (Sentient Node). Investigate Anomaly. I was in my during host migration, I became hostR-9 Cloud[Tell us what you were doing when the bug occurred. Details here are helpful]
  • VISUAL:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Get in R-9 Cloud as a client in a squad, get inside the Murex Sentient Ship, get host migrated while inside it (and maybe inside your Necramech?).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Enemy count showing up on the UI, mission is still able to be completed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Objective no longer completeable, enemy count stopped showing up on the UI. Once I killed enough Sentients, Cephalon Cy commented that you we were done killing sentients, but the mission objective was not complete.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Dunno, it happened only once. Hard to force a host migration due to unstable connection. I got a host migration in 3 men squad, and then became the only player (host) on the mission after migration. I was using my Voidrig Necramech while inside the Murex Sentient Ship (see pics above), in the R-9 Cloud node. I completed the other objective (Disable the Missile Platform) normally after host migration.

• TYPE: In-Game, Voidrig Necramech Bug
  • DESCRIPTION: When you press 4 to get into Turret Mode as a Voidrig Necramech, you can shoot with the turret straight away during the setup animation. When the animation is finally finished, the weapon stops firing, and you have to click again in order to shoot.
  • REPRODUCTION: Get into Voidrig Necramech, press 4, hold left mouse button straight away to fire, wait until the animation is finished.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should not be able to shoot during the setup animation, but holding the shooting button should "prime" the fire for when the animation is finished.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I can shoot during the setup animation.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time.

Type: Gameplay/Softlock

Description: When you're in the Ground section of a Corpus Railjack mission you can still recall to your Railjack via Tactical menu if there is atleast one Crewmember onboard. Simply go to their point of view and click a Warp point. This has different effects depending on how far the Ground mission has progressed. If it isn't finished or hasn't started the mission will instantly fail with no side effects, however if the mission was completed up to the point where you need to go to extraction, if you recall before reaching extraction the Railjack will stay in it's Invurnable/Invisible state not allowing access to most Parts, softlocking the mission if it is Volatile, since you can't enter forward artilery. This state will persist until you either enter your Orbiter or reach the extraction in a mission.

Visiual:

Failure

Softlock

Reproduction: Play a Corpus Railjack mission until you're at the ground gameplay, open your tactical menu, observe one of your crewmembers and warp there.

Expected: You should not be able to recall at all while in the ground gameplay

Observed: You can recall via tactical screen, breaking the mission

Reproduction Rate: 100%

I tried searching for this and I don't think it has already been reported: There's a bug getting locked out of the Dorsal Turret.

• TYPE: Railjack feature stops working
  • DESCRIPTION: If you are using the railjack dorsal turret and get pulled out to do the main mission, the option to use the turret disappears for the rest of that session.
  • REPRODUCTION: Join somebody else's railjack for a quest. Use the dorsal turret and stay there while the rest of the squad triggers the main ground portion of the mission. If the rest of the squad assembles on the objective to start the mission, it will activate a counter before teleporting you as the last member to the mission start location. I believe the bug happens if the mission start teleports you directly from the dorsal turret to the start location. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Once I return to the ship, I would like to be able to Press X to get back on the dorsal turret. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No option to use the dorsal turret appears once I return to the railjack after the main mission.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: This has happened to me twice now in the exact same manner.
Edited by JumboDragon

Another progression stopper bug.

• TYPE: In-Game, Loading Void Tunnel
  • DESCRIPTION: Entered into a session from another player's Dojo. They were stuck in an endless Void Tunnel. Host migrated, I was still stuck. Pressed Return to Dojo, nothing happened. Had to close the game.
  • VISUAL: (at least it looks cool)
    unknown.png
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea. Sorry. The other squad members didn't say anything besides. "Abort, it's bugged."
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mission loaded normally, out of the Void Tunnel.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Mission didn't load properly, had to abort/close the game. I managed to get out of the ship into archwing, as shown in the pic.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: No idea as well. Sorry.

corpus reward bug

caches are not awarded (at least at venus proxima orvin-haak and neptune proxima nu-gua mines), was farming the athodai but after a couple of runs i realized i was not reciving the same rewards as before the last update and that the ones missing were the caches rewards, tried another corpus planet and it was the same

not sure if it's happening always from anywhere, but i started it from the railjack in the dojo, returned and started another, and even started from an ended mission

should have gotten the mission reward, the bonus reward, and then the caches reward

got only mission reward and one other reward completing everything

• TYPE: In-Game, Pulse Turbine Sabotage doors not opening.
  • DESCRIPTION: The Doors to the last objective in are not opening. This was the second of the two objectives, but we were doing the two of them simultaneously. We completed the first one, but could not finish this one do to the doors not opening. Were playin in a random squad of four, but got the same bug when playing solo also. We tried recalling ang going back in but it didn't seem to work. Operator mode didn't help either, neither did the specters. Had to Abort the mission in the end.
  • VISUAL: O2wE9TR.jpeg
  • REPRODUCTION: Not sure how to replicate it, but this bug existed before the railjack 3.0 update. Got the same bug when playing a mission solo so playing in a squad seems to not matter.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Door should open to let us through to finish the objective.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The door is stuck and wont open, but the objective marker moves as we get close to the doors as if the door is open.  
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It happens quite often in missions when the Pulse Turbine Sabotage is one of the objectives.
Edited by cono345
  • Like 2

• DESCRIPTION: An NPC crew member appointed to a gunner role refuses to man a turret. Reappointing doesn't work.
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION
  • EXPECTED RESULT: He mans a turret.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: He runs around pointlessly.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened once after I boarded the RJ after completion of a sub objective (Void/Calabash node).

• DESCRIPTION: The "Prefer Overlay Map" option is now even more broken, now it gets completely removed instead of just resetting to minimap regularly.
  • VISUAL:
  • REPRODUCTION: this was introduced in hotfix .4 and as of hotfix .6 is still the case.
    a) have "prefer overlay map" option enabled in options
    b) start railjack mission (while not affected by the old bug since cetus update where it resets to minimap.)
    c) press L to go into tactical menu and esc out of it again
    d) now the map is broken/removed. the triangle for the self-marker is there, but no map, no markers, no loot/enemy radar. if you press m once you get functionable minimap, if you press m again you get functionable overlay map
  • EXPECTED RESULT: a working overlay map. always....
    while fixing this very annoying bug, it would be great if you'd find a fix for the cetus-old bug where "prefer overlay map" option is ignored and normal minimap is shown instead. for example, from orbiter go to plains, then back to cetus: tadaaaa, overlay map gets resetted... many other cases, like touching exit-volumn, and so on...
  • OBSERVED RESULT: overlay map is no longer shown
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% all the time when using tactical menu and using overlay map

• DESCRIPTION: Defensive Fire mod doesn't work if a kill is scored by an NPC crew member that mans a turret.
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Max shields increase after an NPC crew member that mans a turret scores a kill.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Max shields doesn't change.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened once.

• TYPE: In Game, UI
  • DESCRIPTION: i was checking the dialogue with one of the syndicates i was against and i ended up breaking it so i can't see their face whatsoever.
  • VISUAL:
    ced34fa4e6744877cdd6715b2d821e83.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: it is very easy to reproduce, just select the person in question and while they are talking, leave and go back in, repeat until the ui eventually breaks.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: should be able to see the syndicate member and see them talking.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: unable to see them and the ui is broken until you leave the syndicate menu.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: it isn't guaranteed to happen every time but it is very easy to replicate.

BUGS AFTER LAST HOTFIX (happened on 25 of March)

TYPE: In game, Railjack missions.

BUGS DESCRIPTION:

• Unable to use Garuda Talons as melee weapon. Every now and then this happens. As you can see in the visual, it happens as soon as I enter a Ship and even trying to switch weapons with the F button, it just switches from Primary to Secondary weapon. Pressing E won't do anything (but how can I prove that?)

•  Unable to enter Capital Ship, mission was selected from Railjack after I just finished another mission on Venus Proxima. This is what happened. The map didn't change visually at all, I even thought that I never left. I even tried to launch myself with the Slingshot in the door of the Capital ship.. I just hurt my head :)) nothing else happened.

• Main Quest Task not visible in the left corner.

• Main Quest Mark not visible.

• Sometimes camera locks, and I can't look up more than 2 cm over the middle of the screen, but I can look backwards too much. ( Check Visual 2) And yes, I was trying to go max up and down with my mouse. I couldn't reach higher, but as you can see... I was able to see under my warframe, in an impossible angle.

VISUAL:

VISUAL 2: 

REPRODUCTION: 1/2 games always has one if not more from the bugs described above

EXPECTED RESULT: 

• Being able to use Garuda Talons as a melee weapon when entering enemy ships/buildings
  • Being able to enter the Capital Ship when all the task regarding it has been done ( aka after destroying the Security Nodes)
  • Main Quest Task (yellow one) to be VISIBLE in the left corner of the screen & the main Quest Mark to be visible on the map,
  • Camera to work as usual, not blocking in strange angles.

OBSERVED RESULT:

• Unable to use Garuda Talons as melee weapon
  •  Unable to enter Capital Ship,
  • Main Quest Task not visible in the left corner.
  • Main Quest Mark not visible.
  • Sometimes camera locks,
Edited by IadeSSnakE
added date of occurrence of the bugs 25 March

Railjack Caches (Rot-A & B) no longer drop after mission. This is happening after Hotfix 29.10.6. 

The derelict objective drops the ? Unidentified item. However, the only way to claim the cache reward is to abort the mission after completing ALL objectives. Instead of selecting next mission/drydock I must abort to dojo and then I will get the cache rewards. This is the only way after the last hotfix, kindly look into it. 

Video showing the bug (Disclaimer: Background audio and voice is from twitch and not related to the above issue in any way)

Edited by vrgamr37
Video evidence
  • Like 1

Type: Visual

Description: The harness for the dorsal turret is stuck in the floor of the railjack and not on the rail. Noticed it after returning to the clan dry dock. I had a crew man that turret during several sessions of Veil Grineer Skirmishes.

Visual: zIElujB.jpg

• DESCRIPTION: playing the mission normally.
  • VISUAL: ax8fotg.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: IDK, it's happen most of the times.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Priority targets must keep disabled after being destroyed. A new crewship must spawn if the objective isn't completed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Priority targets are still actives. Some crewships just explode / disappear by itself.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Very often, like 75% of times the priority targets remains active. Except the "crewship not spawning" bug, that happens like 50% or less times.
  • Like 1

Type: UI

Electric hazard effect lingers after Omni repair.  UI buzz should disappear after said hazard were fixed.

Link to bug report  screenshots included.

Happens pretty often.

Type: Progression stopper.

Crewships can despawn right after being summoned by Corpus, leaving you with "0/3 crewships destroyed". 

My RJ was parked at the edge of the map after most of the missions were done.  Corpus called Crewships in.  I was in RJ when they spawned, and, as I exited to AW mode, Crewships despawned and never appeared again. 

Crewships must stay there until "Destroy X crewships" mission is done.  No matter what.

Never tried to reproduce.

• DESCRIPTION: I was farming the sentient anomalies in railjack missions. A shedu part dropped, the receiver, and i picked it up. It was in my inventory, as it showed up when i pressed tab. After the mission ended, and i got a "mission complete" screen, all my items were there, but the shedu receiver was missing. Later on, after farming about a dozen more anomalies, another receiver dropped and again disappeared at the end of the mission.
  • REPRODUCTION: Weapon parts from sentient anomalies during railjack missions disappear from the inventory after the mission completes. (only confirmed with shedu receiver, i did not drop any broken war parts or other shedu parts)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have had a shedu receiver in my inventory after the mission was completed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No shedu parts are present in my inventory, despite dropping 2 receivers. Searching the inventory in the orbiter, or even looking at the shedu blueprint in the forge yields no shedu parts found.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Since weapon parts are quite rare, i cannot say with 100% certainty that this happens every time. So far i dropped 2 shedu parts, both times receivers, and both parts disappeared from my inventory after the mission was successfully completed. All other loot was present, just not the shedu receivers.

TYPEIn-Game

DESCRIPTION: Missing defense target and enemies

I started the defense mission on neptune (this was the first unlocked mission there, arva vector) from orbiter but aborted right to dojo after because i was using the wrong set of RJ mod. Restarted the mission from dojo and start doing the loot dungeon/resource vault mission on ice mine, killed all enemies there and move on to the main objective and entered after doing all the necessary thing. When i entered, i noticed that the defense target is missing and can't really return to RJ either due to the nature of the mission so i wait a couple of minutes to force the mission to start and there's no enemies that spawn on the mission either even after waiting for a couple more minutes. Had to abort and lose all the resource and exp i got but i did somehow managed to keep all my RJ components.

After aborting, the missing defense target does show up but it keeps sticking to one of my crewmate throughout the loading and even in the dojo.

VISUAL

Empty map:

Spoiler

Warframe2262.jpg

GIF of the defense target:

REPRODUCTION: There might be a more specific trigger but i can't get it to work. Started the mission from orbiter and directly abort the mission to go to dojo and go right back to arva vector. Did the ice mine and then go do what i had to do to enter the ship.

To be more specific, i directly started doing the vault which was quite close to the main ship at the time which also make crewship and normal fighter ships to attack my railjack that was parked in front of the ice mine. After i finished killing all the enemies there and got out, i immediately go for the crewship that was attacking my railjack and go to the main objective ship and it told me to destroy 2 security nodes and 1 crewship (which i already did before getting there) before going in. There's was no waypoint when i got in.

I wasn't able to reproduce the spawn location of the ice mine to be close to the ship so i can't really replicate the whole thing 100%

EXPECTED RESULT: There should be a defense target/capsule i had to protect.

OBSERVED RESULT: There's no defense target/capsule and the it ended up sticking to one of my crewmate (number 1, the one placed on the left) after aborting as seen on the GIF.

REPRODUCTION RATE: 1/3 (33.33%), only happened the 1st time

Extra bug found when testing:

• DESCRIPTION: You get to keep scraps (component and armament) you got after aborting.
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Get scraps and abort.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get nothing.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Scraps stay on inventory.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 3/3, out of the 3 tries, the first 2 tries only allow me to keep components but no armaments but the last one did allow me to keep both.
Edited by Horactius
extra info and BBcode still doesn't work..

• VISUAL: (i dont have an imgur account to post this)
  • DESCRIPTION: The endo value of MKIII Armaments (SPECIFICALLY THE ONES THAT ARE NEW TO THE CORPUS NODES IN THE VEIL PROXIMA) are set at 25 endo as opposed to the normal MKIII endo value of 225 endos.
  • REPRODUCTION: Just try to scrap one of the 4 new MKIII Corpus armaments (Talyn/Glazio/Vort/Laith)
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should be 'sold' at 225 endo.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: It is 'sold' at just 25 endo..
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% ever since the launch of Corpus Railjack update.

Just want to point out, when this update released it was possible to archwing slingshot into various objectives especially in corpus tilesets, rather than entering them manually. It was super cool, seemed intended, and I miss it. Please bring it back if it's gone due to a bug. That said: 

• TYPE: Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: Archwing slingshotting myself at an objective
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Slingshot at a corpus door or derelict door, not sure if it worked with Grineer.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Bust through the door with the slingshot
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Slingshot gets interrupted by the door, you have to enter by pressing the button
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always ever since the first or second hotfix

• TYPE: In-Game, Visual, Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: In a mission went on a turret, fired seeker missiles, blackout pulse, maybe seeker missiles again, and exited turret because we got boarded (in very short span of time, so maybe button mashing caused it?) While exiting got a lot of markers stuck on screen for rest of the mission, while objective markers disappeared, except the ice mine one which got stuck. Everything was fine on minimap though.
  • VISUAL:
    Spoiler

58WZGK3.jpgoaUbBqv.jpgVd96goj.jpgOh, and all those markers disappeared on completion screen.

• REPRODUCTION: Have no idea.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: happened only once