Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

Type: [UI/Gameplay]
Description: When equipping mods/components to my Railjack it sometimes randomly reduces the stats its not supposed to be effecting. I equipped a mod which increases my turrets Crit damage (Section Density), and instead it reduced the survivability stats on my Railjack by ~20%. Going into a mission, I had the reduced amounts instead of what I should of had. I managed to get it so when I equipped the Crit mod (Predator), it reduced my turret damage by ~50% (Picture 1/2 Attached). I managed to manipulate it again to reduce the Armor/Hull/Shield/Shield recharge stats when equipping it (It seems to be deleting my Aura Mods effect) It also DID NOT increase my turrets crit chance. It only reduced the stats listed before (Picture 4/5).This can happen with most, if not all, of the modifiable stats on the Railjack via mods/components. Even weirder, I once got it so when I unequipped all of my mods it increased nearly all of the stats of my Railjack (Picture 3 attached) If needed I can continue to mess with it, and get more screenshots/Video of it happening.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.pngunknown.pngReproduction: Equipping the mods scene in the pictures, and then equipping Predator last, seems to reproduce it with 100% effect rate. (I completed a Railjack mission, went back to the Drydock, and started messing with my mods and stuff, I also unequipped all of my component items midway through and they also seem to bug out if you try to requip them and then equip mods)
Expected Result: Equipping the "Predator" mod to my railjack should increase the Crit chance of my Railjacks weapons without affecting any other stat
Observed result: Equipping "Predator" mod reduces the stats of my railjack while not increasing the Crit chance of my Railjack
Reproduction rate: Currently for me its 100%, but its weird because it seems to randomly change what stats get reduced based on the mods equipped, components equipped, and the position of the mod on the mod screen. 

• TYPE: In-Game, Codex
  • DESCRIPTION: Fan Art when viewed in the codex has broken transparency. The game appears to make any part that's pure black transparent, causing artifacts as seen below:
  • VISUAL: TeVA1LC.jpg
    kqcxO8V.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION:
  1. Open the Codex.
  2. Go to the Fan Art section. (Universe -> Art Gallery -> Fan Art)
  3. All Fan Art is affected in the viewer.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I expected the Fan Art to display normally.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Fan Art displays with the black areas being mistakenly made transparent.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% - Is always broken in the Codex.

MAJOR BUG INVOLVING RAILJACK REWARDS WHICH CAN ALSO BE EXPLOITED

bug/exploit works on all planets/areas of railjack.

when obtaining an "unidentified" reward during a mission (ANY REWARD WORKS) such as the new [axi s8 relic], [axi v10 relic], [neo v9 relic], [lith c7 relic], [meso n11 relic], you can repeatedly obtain that same identified reward every time you repeat the node you just did without returning to a dock/dojo/relay. the problem with this bug is that, if you were to get something bad like 100 endo and didn't know about the bug and kept grinding for another 3 hours, all you would get is 100 endo every time until you returned to a dock. and if you do know about the bug you can simply exploit it to farm stacks of the new relics very quickly.

the way i became aware of this bug was after i spent a good 6 hours or so repeating a node solo without getting a reward labelled "identified", i was getting endo every time without realising because the endo reward doesn't get the label "identified". and then the next day i noticed an odd behaviour when an athodai blueprint was rewarded 7 times in a row. i had a hunch of what was happening at that moment. i then decided to test this on other railjack areas such as venus, saturn, neptune and veil. it works on all those planets (didn't test every node obviously but i imagine it's happening on every node that involves identified rewards).

how to reproduce the bug efficiently (for the devs to quickly test and then hotfix):

1. select "venus - bitfrost echo".

2. hack the terminal in the derelict ship.

3. continue with the mission to completion.

4. select venus - bitfrost echo.

5. wait for it to show results and try to get the identified reward to be a relic or weapon component because this will enable you to see the "identified" label, and you'll be able to see the counter on the reward each completion. if you don't get an "identified" label reward, you will have got endo. i suggest returning to dock, exiting railjack, entering railjack, selecting bitfrost echo and try again.

please hotfix this as fast as possible!

Edited by Ryan_Bradley
punctuation and readability. >.>
  • Like 1

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Locked green door in the Pulse Turbine.  Been an issue for months and it still hasn't been fixed.
  • VISUAL: None
  • REPRODUCTION: May occur when the mission was selected after completing a railjack mission previously.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The door to the radar array in the Pulse Turbine should not be locked.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The door is locked, despite appearing green.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unknown.  Still a very frustrating mission-breaking glitch, made doubly so by the months and months that have gone by with it remaining unfixed.

9 hours ago, Zrimers said:
  • TYPE: [ In-Game ]
  • DESCRIPTION: [During the passage of any mission, the companion gets stuck when it meets an enemy. The companion does not move to the owner until it has killed all the enemies or until the owner stops and stands still for a second.
    For example, I was on a rescue mission. In the screenshot below, you can see that the operative follows the player, while the companion remains in place.]
  • VISUAL: [image.jpg]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Take a companion (excluding the Guardians) on any mission. Watch it.
    Personally, I have it works with all pets.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [The companion must move to the owner. Similar to the rescue goal as in the screenshot.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [The companion remains in place if there is at least one enemy near it.]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [This happens in all cases.]

I have this problem also! Please fix DE 💖

TYPE: In game

DESCRIPTION: After applying a forma to my necramech, in menu it was level 0 but when deployed in mission it was still level 31.

VISUAL:

051tcYz.jpg

Mechs level is 31

GBCxhjY.jpg

When holding TAB the level is shown as 7 (had been leveling up mech before noticing)

REPRODUCTION: Forma a necramech and deploy it in mission

EXPECTED RESULT: Necramech should be unranked.

OBSERVED RESULT: Necramech had all powers unlocked but mod capacity of rank 1 and gained experience.

REPRODUCTION RATE: unknown

TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Deimos pet mastery after This Update 29.10.0, even if it has been gilded and under Level Max, the statistics in the profile are still gray.
VISUAL: This one shows Crescent Vulpaphyla and Sly Vulpaphyla in gray

51000119620_595ffbd129_c_d.jpg

But here's the fact that my Crescent Vulpaphyla and Sly Vulpaphyla pick-up has been gilded and named

Such as the picture below

51000119745_62fa71e213_c_d.jpg

51069400567_45344b103c_c_d.jpg

51069400532_483ccbcbef_c_d.jpg

51069400587_24ecba4760_c_d.jpg
REPRODUCTION: Deimos pets manufactured after this update have a 100% occurrence rate
EXPECTED RESULT: The chart is rendered normally
OBSERVED RESULT: The information in Profile doesn't match reality
REPRODUCTION RATE: It has to happen, just make pets and then gild them

Edited by Kitty_Prime

• DESCRIPTION: Repeated reward rotation in Orphix missions
  • VISUALIoeuqUA.png
    Screenshot from a Chinese player's tutorial of spreading this bug, having 10 Arcane Engergize and no other arcanes for the reward
  • REPRODUCTION: extract from the mission at wave 12(rotation C), and start another orphix mission without returning to the dojo, it will gives the exactly same reward for the rotation C
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Every reward should be randomly chose from the droptable but not the repeated one from the last drop
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Every rotation C reward is the same as the first rotation C's drop
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime when playing as the way stated in reproduction

• TYPE: in game visual bug
  • DESCRIPTION: when you use mirage abillity "eclipse" the skin of the warframe armor and syandana breaks 
  • VISUAL
    without the abillity
    EkeI6K4.jpgwith the abillity
  • 12yN2nb.jpg

also doing it on other warframes who has the subsumed abillity:
  • REPRODUCTION: the bug only work when you use the eclips abillity of mirrage, its working in the dark mode and the light mod of the abillity.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: the skin should stay the same with only the effect of the abillity
  • OBSERVED RESULT: the skin of the warframe, armor and syandana gets borken
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: every time i use the abillity.
Edited by shaleve_hakime

• TYPE: Gameplay
  • DESCRIPTION: Corpus Units with unusual damage type resistances.  50% Damage Reduction to health from Cold damage. 75% Damage Reduction to health from Magnetic, Blast and Viral Damage. This is likely due to new units being based on the Orb Vallis Corpus units which do have some reasoning for being resistant to Cold.
    I tried each Corpus Unit in the Simulacrum and these are the unit types that had the resistance.
    Axio Tech, Juno Tech, Orm Tech, Vapos Tech, Vorac Tech, Taro Tech, Axio Ranger Crewman, Orm Ranger Crewman, Taro Ranger Crewman, Vapos Detron Ranger , Vapos Elite Ranger, Vapos Nullifier Ranger, Vapos Sniper Ranger, Juno Sniper Crewman.   [Every Tech except original Corpus Tech, Every Ranger, and a Sniper]
  • VISUAL: n/a
  • REPRODUCTION: Remove shields from units and damage them with Cold/Magnetic/Viral/Blast
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Enemy takes full damage after Health/Armour resistances are calculated
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Enemy takes reduced damage.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: consistent reproduction.

• TYPE: Ingame
  • DESCRIPTION: Corpus railjack as a whole
  • VISUALhttps://prnt.sc/10zwvtw
  • REPRODUCTION: Try and use a granum hand or whatever
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Lets you access Granum void
  • OBSERVED RESULT: You can't access the Granum void while in Corpus railjack, while aboard their ships
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it feels really off that corpus ships are supposed to have these hands, and they're supposed to be used to access the Granum void. However, the corpus ships we invade, while they have these hands, don't allow for using them to get into the Granum void. 

• Like 1

• TYPE: UI, Ingame, warframe ability in railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: The UI for the 4th ability of Gauss is sometimes broken inside railjack on foot objectives. The battery meter doesn't go up to maximum, instead getting stuck on the "red line" part. When I pass that line, the game plays the specific sound and then the meter simply goes back down. This results in the spamming of that sound over and over again. In spite of this bug, the percentage and the rest of the ability works as intended. 
  • VISUAL:  
  • REPRODUCTION:  I don't know how to reproduce this.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The battery meter works as intended.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The battery meter gets stuck below the red line.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE:  75% of the time I play gauss in railjack
Edited by Shurichen
forgot to mention the bug type as UI

On 2021-03-28 at 11:31 PM, Shurichen said:
  • TYPE: In-Game, Camera bug in Railjack 
  • DESCRIPTION: The camera can no longer move up as much as it normally does. Instead of that, the camera goes to far backwards and the image becomes inverted. At that point, my warframe rotates to mach the upside down camera. When the camerea is upside down, the mouse controls for left and right movements are inverted(I move my mouse to the left, camera goes to right and vice-versa. This does not however affect the operator camera, only the warframe one.
  • VISUAL: 
  • REPRODUCTION: I have tried to replicate this bug, it has happened to me often, but i can't do it manually. I think that it appears when you reenter railjack or any other on foot objectives.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Camera works as intended
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The camera can't go up enough but goes down too much resulting in its inversion
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens almost every third mission, but sometimes more if I am spending more time piloting the RJ and using the archwing.

I have experienced this bug do the opposite sometimes. The camera can't go down but instead it can go too much up. If I manage to record it I will provide some footage

Edit: I have seen someone here mention the use of necramechs to recreate this bug but in my example i have not used one during the entire mission.

I have managed to record visual for when the bug happens in reverse. (the opposite results)  

• Like 1

• TYPE: UI
  • DESCRIPTION: I was enlisting crew members for my railjack at Ticker in Fortuna and was unknowingly at my capacity limit in terms of available crew member slots.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: A popup notification that asks me to buy an additional crew member slot for 20 platinum before enlisting the new crew member.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The new crew member is enlisted immediately without previously mentioned notification, resulting in an involuntary purchase of a crew member slot.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: The lack of the notification has made me purchase multiple crew member slots. Not once was the proper slot purchase request displayed to me. 5/5

Railjack things that are probably bugs, but if not I like them:

1) Aborting mission lets you keep mod and gear drops now. Didn't before.

2) Person in the BFG can use battle avionics. The UI doesn't show it, but the abilities still work. I'm on Lavos, if that matters.

• DESCRIPTION: Sometimes electrical shortage effect after being repaired continues to disrupt player UI and tactical menu, preventing player from using tactical avionics, reassign crewmember roles, etc.
  • REPRODUCTION: Try to get shock status effect on railjack.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: If railjack get shock status effect, player will not be able to use tactical menu to use tactical avionics, reassign AI crewmembers roles, etc, until shortage is fixed.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: If railjack get shock status effect, player will not be able to use tactical menu to use tactical avionics, reassign AI crewmembers roles, etc, even after shortage is fixed.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Occures more often if player is not on railjack when electrical status effect is applied to railjack and shortage is fixed by AI crewmember before player returns to railjack.

Please note, that this bug, if it occurs, will make Volatile missions incompletable, if one of AI crewmembers has been assigned to the pilot role, because final stage of the mission require to hit certain points of the enemy flagship with frontal artillery, but pilot will move railjack randomly, making targeting with frontal artillery impossible.

Edited by Herr_Metzger

TYPE: Customize Key bindings, railjack, tactical menu

DESCRIPTION: Can't change the tactical menu from 'R' to anything else, when i pilot the railjack it still shows 'R tactical' 

EXPECTED RESULT:  i should be able to use R to reload ( intrinsic 9 for gunnery) and not show the tactical menu

OBSERVED RESULT: R is still tactical menu

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

• DESCRIPTION: Railjack Cache rewards not random when repeating mission
  • REPRODUCTION: Venus/Bifrost Echo mission. Complete mission with the derelict and relaunch Bifrost Echo and repeat completion with the derelict.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Identified rewards should change upon each completion of the mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The Identified reward in the first mission is random. However repeating the mission, there is no RNG factor, and the player will identify the reward from the first mission for each subsequent completion.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time you relaunch Bifrost Echo upon completing Bifrost Echo. Returning to the Dojo or Orbiter prior to relaunching Bifrost Echo will break the loop. Unknown if this impacts other Railjack mission nodes.

TYPE: In-game bug

DESCRIPTION: (Spoilers) Ever since Update 29 (Heart of Deimos), my Operator locks in its exit animation or a T-pose when it exits a Warframe. It also sometimes slides uncontrollably until it falls from the map. This happened today when I was replaying The Apostasy Prologue, and when the Operator went to pick up the helmet, she was invisible. 

REPRODUCTION: Talk to Loid inside the Necralisk, or play/replay The Apostasy Prologue.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime I talk to Loid (only replayed The Apostasy Prologue once, but I reckon it's recurring there as well).

• TYPE: UI / Mods / Plexus
  • DESCRIPTION: Adding mods disable other mods (Warframe mods) or the aura mod (Plexus). 
  • VISUAL: https://imgur.com/a/UA2qWfr
  • REPRODUCTION: Add a mod to a config that has capacity left. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Mod enables it's effects without affecting other mods.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Another mods effect get disabled.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Random, doesn't always happen, but when it does it's consistent in that going below some capacity disables the same mod.

Another which is nice but probably unintended:

If your warframe is using the Aura mod "Power Donation" then your Railjack stats show a gain of +30% ability strength.

I do not know if this is actually a stat change or simply a UI bug, nor do I know if it affects the battle mods of other players in squad.

These are both in-game bugs I'm reporting.

First is the amp mastery visual not showing up correctly in profile: I have mastered all amps, yet it still says two are unmastered.

Since each amp guilded and leveled gives 3k, 8 amps give 24000. My profile reflects this, yet visually in the amps tab in profile this does not show up.

Second is the foundry - it used to be if an item finishes building, say a gem from mining or forma, one can simply click on the item again to rebuild. Currently after claiming a forma, the item disappears from In Progress tab and you have to search it up again. This is extremely time consuming when you want to build batches of say, Pyrotic Alloy. Each batch requires you to completely search it over in the foundry to restart.

• Like 1