Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: New Railjack Equipment Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

I suggest creating a separate modding screen for Railjack and Railjack Turrets. It feels quite off that you feel like you are modding a Warframe with a bunch of Rifle Mods at the cost of Warframe Mods. It would feel much better if our Armaments were modded in a separate screen.

• Like 3

So my expirince so far, mods are too expensive compared to old ones, not just endo but we got to spend credits aswell.
Also i think particle ram should be used only by pilot and should be removed when you move out of pilot seat because it way annoying when i was host and then someone just sit in used particle ram and went away so i had to drive with it all the time without any option to remove it.
also ordnance feel alot less powerful (yes i have maxed mod for its damage). weapons aswell in higher level missions. but ive tried only apoc so im not sure about others.

• Like 1

While I like pretty much everything that's in Railjack 3.0, the one big elephant in the room is Energy. Replacing Flux Energy with Warframe Energy was a mistake. It has actively and severely degraded both the process of preparing my Railjack and actually using it. The reasons are actually quite simple:

1. It's a "stat stick." The game mode encourages me to pick a Warframe not based on what I want to use the Warframe for, but purely based on its energy capacity. This means that if I build a Warframe with low energy and Rage, I'm SOL because the Railjack doesn't trigger my Rage mechanic. I have to bring only a specific kind of Warframe if I want to maximise my Railjack. Considering the Plexus was introduced to abstract Railjack performance into its own system, why is Energy not handled there? Or in the Reactor?
  2. It just means we spam Squad Restores. What even is the point of having Railjack energy in the first place if we can just pile an infinite amount of Restores near the Helm and have an infinite amount of energy? And no, nerfing Restores or preventing them from affecting the Pilot is not a solution. It's the only thing keeping the system bearable.

This should not have gone through from the Workshop. Go back to Flux energy, tie it into either the Reactor or a Plex mod, change the Energy restore Forge recipe into an Energy Over Time recipe (such that a solo player can build it and have some regen over time as they fight), let players order the AI bot Engineer to forge things remotely. That's all that has to happen. Pretty much everything else you guys have done is fine, but this change just is not fully thought-through.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I suggest creating a separate modding screen for Railjack and Railjack Turrets. It feels quite off that you feel like you are modding a Warframe with a bunch of Rifle Mods at the cost of Warframe Mods. It would feel much better if our Armaments were modded in a separate screen.

I agree. I'd really like to mod my Railjack turrets. Right now, I have a crit turret on the front and status turrets on the "sides." If these were my Warframe guns, I could mod them separately. Since they aren't, I'm forced to either mod for both or swap weapons. The Plexus is a good first step, but I really do agree that we need to be able to mod AT LEAST our guns, as well. I can live with the likes of Froward Artillery and Armaments being on the general Railjack modding screen since they're closer to abilities... Kinda.

• Like 3

Technically, the new Corpus Crewships are "new equipment". Their main guns are incredibly weak, dealing just 10 damage to Shields. This is without the Raider Aura to boost its speed or damage. The missile barrage ability for the Axio, Vorac, and Orm Crewships also suffer this issue. Finally, the Crewship is incredibly sluggish.

Is there an intended way to forward artillery fire on corpus crewships or are you just forever going to be blocked by the shields? I've spent far too much time trying and failing to figure out how to take them down or turn them away long enough to shoot.

• Like 1

Is this a joke? I had a fun and operationnal Railjack and now I have to spend millions of credits and thousands of endo only to have my fun BACK? And more I need to spend forma on top of it? Meaning even more time for leveling up the plexus and spending time before recovering the original fun? WHAT THE HELL?

Oh, and as our new AI companions (thanks for them BTW, they seems to be quite decent at their jobs, huge solo life improvement) do not give XP, you have to chose : enjoy the new  (good) content, or spent time to level up back to what you had previously before that. Couldn'y you AT LEAST, for people who had maxed out grid, give a maxed out plexus so that we could forma'ed it a first time right away? On that topic : why did you change the way XP was attributed? No XP for the frame when piloting the railjack? I can understand for the weapons but why the frame? Does not make any sense, given that now you decided (bad idea in my opinion) to make the railjack using the warframe energy (which in itself does not make any sense if you bring a new plexus thingy... At least make the Railjack use PLEXUS energy!)

I can't understand the logic. We had max avionics, translate it to max mods. Not same rank, because the price is exponnential. If your goal was to make us have fun, the that was a solution. Now we have to farm AGAIN for things we already farmed once...

And more : no plating given to early adopters. My railjack is back to square one concerning is tankiness. Seriously WHY? Couldn't you AT LEAST give us the sigma III plating? Now I have to wait for 3 level of research to finish only to have something whici ( I hope) will be at least as good as what I had...

And finally : new ressource, but no conversion of the old ones into the new one... Seriously? I farmed for ressources before the update to be able to enjoy it, and... it is not even relevant? why...

I... can't understand the philosophy behind these measures. Why? why taking back the thinks we had built? taking back the ressource we had? taking back all these things? the early adopters pak, even at mark III, is not enough to compensate for all of what you took us back...

Edited by brimiste
more time spent in the game and finding other things the outraged me...
  • Like 6

I disagree with some comments on Endo costs and formaing the Plexus. I ended up with a 150k or so endo surplus from all the converted mods AFTER maxing everything and scrapping dupe mods. Maxed several mods to be switched back and forth for different builds. Also, was able to forma the Plexus three times in a single longish play session last night, so didn't find that to be a problem either. OF COURSE if someone wants to max every single different mod then that would be costly and should be. Compared to other grinds in this game and other games, railjack is pretty grind-friendly ATM.

I also have no problem with the conversion to energy for battle mod use. It's not a perfect system, but what is? It is good enough and works, far less clunky than previous. Suggest that players incorporate energy mgmt into their railjack builds and so NBD once that's done.

In that one longer play session, got plenty of salvage parts to well-equip the RJ with engines, plating and such. Of course trying to get that "perfect" gear would be more of a grind and absolutely should be. Equipping the railjack completely in a single session is fine as spending a week or so to make it perfect is reasonable also. Anyone who had done much RJ prior got the goody pack which is plenty of compensation for very minor grinding due to the rework. 

What is a problem are certain bugs that don't allow access to objectives, either no "enter" option at all or one that loads into a black screen. Also don't like the mandatory use of operators or mechs on certain tiles. Annoying.

All in all though a good update and fun so far for me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Amunre81 said:

1.) WHAT did you do to my SPACESHIP??? You transformed my beautifull Railjack into a floating Two-Room Appartment with an open floor plan. Has noone in the graphis/design department watched any Scifi-Show EVER? You do understand that RJ is a SPACESHIP right?! Do you know what's outside a spaceship? It's in the name... SPACE. Do you understand what MOST of SPACE is? A f...ing vaccum. I mean an open floor plan can be a little bit annoying if your significant other forgot to close the window in the kitchen-area after making dinner, so now you are a bit chilly while watching the evening tvshow. But can you imagine how annoying it is to loose all your precious O2 in the cockpit only because a grineer shot a hole in your engineroom and the "designer" thought bulkheads are a stupid idea in a Spaceship?? Openfloorplan have no room on a spaceship, doors/bulkheads do!!

??? The old RJ layout was super similar, it was also mostly "open". The new layout is just a bit simpler, smaller, which is totally a good thing. The old layout was just confusing.

The worst part about this is how new matchmaking and warframe energy interact: You can bring your main warframe solo, what you do solo is between you and Cy, and if all else fails, 3 AI crewmates can adequately deal with fighters all on their own. But in team you don't want to disappoint your teammates and you have no idea if you will be the pilot, so, you if you can, you want to bring some kind of energizer bunny build that can nuke the fighters faster than you can say "Gian Point." That such builds are possible is not necessarily bad, but not when literally everyone who can get an energizer bunny build would bring that to railjack, on a mere chance they're the host this time, whether they like the frame in ground content or not.

I understand the random matchmaking, I actually approve -- Railjack needs more people hosting (because without them it doesn't matter how many people are mashing that "join" button) but this perceived dependence on specific warframe builds, and expensive ones at that, undermines this whole goal.

Another thing that really annoys me, and I have no idea where it fits is those floating caps in forge. Saying there's 2/2 dome when in fact you can increase the limit by repeatedly forging (and that you can with revo, but but you can't with the ordnance, it works exactly as before in 29.10.2) is just confusing and the whole mechanics for dome and revolite floating caps isn't explained anywhere. Removing the misleading full bars and "100/100"s from the payloads you can actually craft more of and replacing them with some kind of visible at a glance, without mouse hover, way to tell you'll get more if you forge would really help.

• Like 2

Are there plans to up the max values of railjack components? (reactor/plating/weapons/etc...)

I believe I had heard in one of the streams (don't remember which, I could be mistaken) that the maximum values of the railjack components will increase allowing veteran RJ players to valence fuse their current parts even more, ever since then and I'm holding on parts for when that happens.

I'm not requesting from you to do so, but please be clear whether it's something in the scope or not <3

6 hours ago, supernils said:

nice, they added this? I think I suggested it in the past

Patchnotes

General Additions:

• Added ‘Autofocus Textfields’ in Options > Interface. You can now choose ‘All’, ‘Exclude End of Match’, and ‘None’. 

• Like 1

On 2021-03-16 at 10:26 PM, [DE]Danielle said:
  • The Plexus
  • New Avionics and Avionic Changes
  • New Armaments and Armament Changes
  • Battle Mod Changes
  • The New Plating Components

Plexus: I can't quite get my head around how it works in situ, I mean is it a railjack thing or an individual thing, do mods work with the team or on the weapons kitted out that someone else has on their railjack but with my mods... it all doesn't quite make sense. The railjack is a single thing, but its treated like a separate thing. confuses me greatly.

Avionics: This is fine. Certainly a good move to make it the same as the rest of the game. complaints tend to be "but the cost", not about the system itself.

Armaments: not tried the new guns, probably won't as I have phasors either. At some point you have to think that more gun types aren't helpful with railjack that only have 2 equipped, but choice is a good thing. The change to the side guns though, the animation for the bottom turret is poor. I haven't even found where the top gun is yet! That's poor too.

Battle mods: fine, its a change, its OK.

Plating: probably a good idea to have armour as a component rather than as a mod.

Here's my 2 cents of feedback.

Firstly, formaing something (e.g. the plexus) should disable our mods, instead of de-equipping them, in order to preserve builds when you run out of modding capacity.

2ndly, I feel that the tactical avionics shouldn't be limited as they are right now. Previously I would always use void cloak and battle forge, but now I'm forced to use one or the other, and use other avionics that I don't find as useful.

The plexus is also quite laggy to open, it would be great if this got fixed (so we don't have the "please wait" loading time when opening it. It's a modding screen for crying out loud, it should be able to open at the same speed as the other modding screens.)

I also think the plexus should have come with a universal aura polarity. Just saying.

Finally a nice qol would be to have the entire railjack configuration menu available in the orbiter, or if not the entire menu, at least the crew management menu, so you can reassign/re-equip crew without going to a dry dock.

I will be very honest and straightforward.

The old railjack configuration screen was infinitely better than we have now. Now we need to choose which mod to use due to each need. Mods are now generally faction-specific, which is inconvenient. Is it possible to revert this current screen to the old one and without polarities? I don't want to piss you off at DE but what came did not help at all ... it only made those who liked the old interface disappointed and the public who only plays in a casual way even more intimidated by the new concept of configuration and costs.

The current system is bad, confusing and inconvenient.

• Like 3

Adding onto my earlier comment:

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

We should remove weapon houses and trim down the lineup of armaments. I feel there are way too many Railjack weapons in circulation for what is actually offered by different houses, and it would be much more forgiving to farm if you just farmed a single weapon (x2 if you want the same weapon on "sideguns") instead of 3 different types of each weapon (x2 if you want the same weapon on "sideguns"). Railjack could use more simplification.

Removing weapon houses and creating a separate weapon modding screen would be much more streamlined.

• Like 4

Flux removal was a mistake!

Before: you hop on mission with full 700+ flux energy and imidiately join the battle.

Now:  you start with 75 energy and forced to use energy tablet, even being an EV Trinity (cuz you know - you need enemies for EV).

Before:  your max flux pool 700+ energy, Void Hole cost 100 energy = 7 times

Now: your max pool around 450+ energy (mean value), Void Hole cost 200 energy = 2 times (spaceship and warframe use the same pool of energy, Seriously?)

• Like 4

Please add a way to scan enemy fighters with the railjack, I'd suggest a battle avionic sold by Simaris. Currently the only way to do so is to go into archwing and use the scanner, which is obstructive to do in random queue, impossible to group for, and nearing unmanageable in solo. Making a weapon/ability to do so that utilizes the railjack would make the process much easier and less painful than doing it manually.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-19 at 11:22 AM, TouFuub said:

The addition of credit and endo cost on the plexus mods is especially not new-player or new-railjack user friendly and it is draining resources in an unbalanced manner, costing millions of credits and endo in ten thousands, whereas in the previous version of avionics does not need to require such extreme cost of resource investment to achieve a similar build.

This was one of my first thoughts, DE wanted to make RJ more excisable to the player base but at the end of the day anyone who did not get in on the ground floor or RJ is screwed endo wise, credits are not that hard to get but the endo I feel for them, at least with the change over I have a nice healthy pile but I know a friend of my will not be nearly as well off when he logs in.

• Like 2

Regarding the Flux to Energy change, how about giving the Plexus itself its own reactor or energy device, which you can either upgrade as a component and/or mod similar to the mechanic of Railjack reactors before?  This would keep the energy personal but still independent of warframe. Some build up would still be required to work your way to higher level missions.

I do not think using my warframe energy will significantly hurt me since I was sparing in my use of these and I don't have to worry about someone else being wasteful but this really seems out of place with the idea of this Old War technology being revived. It doesn't seem to me that these ships would have relied on warframe energy to work.

Regarding tactical and battle mods, as others have noted, some should only be usable at certain stations, such as particle ram only for pilot.  Even before it was very annoying when someone in the crew activated or discharged the particle ram while I was piloting, particularly just when plowing into a swarm of fighters.

Growing pains. Better than no growth at all.  Thanks for your efforts DE!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Callmesmalls said:

Please add a way to scan enemy fighters with the railjack, I'd suggest a battle avionic sold by Simaris. Currently the only way to do so is to go into archwing and use the scanner, which is obstructive to do in random queue, impossible to group for, and nearing unmanageable in solo. Making a weapon/ability to do so that utilizes the railjack would make the process much easier and less painful than doing it manually.

YES! This is desperately needed. A Mod that "grants codex scans on turret kills" or something of the sort would be amazing for Railjack codex players. I finished my Railjack codex, but as you said, it needs to be done solo and is very slow and painful.

• Like 2

I really miss old railjack avionics with their constructor variants and everything, it feels like we lost so much interesting combinaisons with both their simplification during the previous pass and now with the restrictions brought by the plexus (mod capacity and the sheer price of upgrading these mods, polarities, that weird "class" system for the tactical avionics...).

I remember that you got rid of the variants because you found the menu was too cluttered (a simple submenu would have fixed that, but this is beating a dead horse) and i find it really ironic how the modding UI for the plexus feels so cluttered worse in pretty much any way than the original railjack avionics menu.

On a similar (but i'll admit less important) point, it's really annoying that you can't manage your crew from the orbiter console.

The energy thing is lame, makes no sense, but at least it's cheesable so whatever.

• Like 2

the hildryn energy consumption needs a tweak

since RJ ability costs go up after they are used, they eventually have to come down, and they do get a reduction over time back to their original value

problem is, the value/s for that reduction seems to either be a flat one or it's made into a smaller % for when hildryn is using RJ abilities as it takes *considerably* longer for RJ ability costs to back to their normal values after hildryn(who gets 10x costs in the form of her shields) uses them

tl;dr it takes considerably longer for a 3000 cost to go back down to 1500 than it does for 300 to go back down to 150 and it doesnt feel very good

i imagine this is partially intended(since shields regen automatically) but i hope this gets a look cause it feels very bad atm, any concerns about "infinite energy" dont have a lot of ground since we can already get infinite energy(pizzas, dispensary, garuda's 3)

• Like 2