Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: New Railjack Equipment Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

copy paste from a reply i ended up putting in the Command discussion:

i have mixed thoughts on the energy system, i THINK they should either change it all to be cooldown based like when using lavos in RJ, or truly bring back flux but keep it individualized and tied to the plexus(ideally have a decently big base flux capacity and a plexus mod to slightly increase it) and then get rid of the penalty for re-using abilities(no needfor that annoying mechanic when we cant use pizzas/zenurik/dispensary+energize/garuda/hildryn to restore flux)

something along the lines of base 400 flux capacity with a rank 0 plexus, that goes up to 600 at rank 30(like warframes getting better stats with rankups), and be further increased to 900 via an avionic/RJ mod, with forge restoring a base amount of 200, again with re-cast penalty being removed(its just not needed with a flux system)

HOWEVER, the above comes with a caveat: ONLY if they allow AI crew to use the forge to build stuff for us, ideally giving us some control over what they do(i.e a customizable priority list with toggles, maybe also a way to command them to build a specific thing)

it feels weird that we are punished for using frames that we may enjoy and that may be very effective during the frame portion of RJ missions simply cause your build doesnt use primed flow and that you didnt inject dispensary into your frame while having a rank 5 energize equipped(or are you using one of the ptjer good RJ frames)

DE seemed to want to put a big emphasis on the plexus but kept energy being based on frames rather than the plexus itself, which seems weird to me

• Like 2

Seeker Volley is currently way too strong and needs to be severely nerfed.

You wanted to make the fights more engaging by severely nerfing Munitions Vortex and Tether, but you just enabled total brainless press ultimate to win gameplay.

Right now you fill all seats and everyone just activates seeker volley, which are all self homing in on the enemies without having to worry too much about positioning or timing.

In Railjack 1.0 you had to maneuver your railjack in the middle of a fighter cluster, shoot Munitions Vortex for a short time and detonate it before the fighters spread out, this required a good grasp on the movement system. You could also use Tether and Void Hole to make this process easier at the cost of spendimg much more energy.

In Railjack 2.0, you still had to position yourself correctly and fire Tether into the middle of a fighter cluster, but you could now do this from a distance, it had a much bigger reach and didn't require good railjack guns.

In Railjack 3.0, you look at your screen and wait for fighter to spawn, now everyone presses 3 and everything dies without further input.

It's a great step in the right direction to make the gunner seats feel meaningful for the mission completion, but it's currently playing itself too much.

11 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Seeker Volley is currently way too strong and needs to be severely nerfed.

warframe is a horde shooter, volley shouldnt be nerfed, the other battle avionics should be buffed and missions be designed with all that in mind

i'm personally shocked that after removing gian point they didnt add similar nodes with the likes of 200+fighters and 10 crewships for us to chew through and make more use of our buffed battle avionics

• Like 4

I equipped a crew member to remove his weapon to swap it with another and then equipped the other crew member back.

After doing that the crew member I swapped in and out vanished from the UI, leaving behind a glitched box with the stats of someone else in it.

unknown.png

Remained that way even after exiting and re-entering menu but he came back once I left Dry Dock and returned.

(Also I've had to leave menu completely every time I want to put on a leg/shoulder armor and want to put it on the second leg/shoulder if that hasn't been fixed yet. It refuses to put same type of armor on both sides at same time, Wolf armor in this case.)

((Also also, is it normal for there to not be a single male character from Steel, New Loka, and Suda at Tinker since the crew thingy began? not sure if they exist or not))

Edited by Wolfdoggie

Ordnance velocity and turret velocity are so much hard to get. Not the drop chance,but all Outriders are so much rare in mission.(this problem also happen with void hole when railjack  launch in 2019)

Outriders generate ONLY 2-4 per mission usually,and in higher level mission that almost turn to elite.
(27.2 The way the levels were set up on the various Grineer Fighters, some of the nodes had level ranges that were too high for all the varieties to appear (The Elite varieties on Earth never spawned for example). So we re-adjusted the level ranges for the various Grineer fighters (Kosma, Gyre, Exo) across all 3 regions , so that there was a better spread of the different fighter types across the nodes. In other words, the lower level nodes of a region will spawn the basic fighter types and then as the difficulty of the nodes progress the Elites are slowly introduced. )

Please change outrider spawned mechanism or put two mods can drop by other ships.

Edited by naturalcandy
  • Like 3

1. A big part of the warframe buildcraft is the choice between element a player wants to include in their weapons. This choice however, is completely absent from the current railjack system.

My suggestion is adding a system where players can repair, then "reverse engineer" any turret wreckage and learn the damage bonus it provides (aka the 60% elemental bonus or 60% fire rate bonus that a MKIII equipment gets) and then be able to swap a turrets damage bonus between all of the learned effects without any resourse cost. Of course this system is most useful when the turret bonus effect pool is expended to include at least all the damage types that is already included in that specific turret model, or at most every damage type that is in the game

2. I suggest extending the component and turret bonuses that MKIII equipment get to all equipment regardless of their tier. Not only will this add a partial incentive for players not to skip engaging with the system until they have reached tier 3 proximal by making it worth their time, but its also more fun for a player that can start playing with meaningfully different equipment from the get go

3. I suggested these two changes before on the main update thread but I'm speculative whether non-feedback threads are listened to for feedback, so I'll just repeat them here:

3.1. Now that corrupted mods are getting rethinked, please buff the magnum force mod to 220% base damage so it can compete with hornet strike

3.2. Buff hemorrhage and internal bleeding to 50%/100% from 35%/70% more of "feels better" suggestion than a "solid argument" one but whatever

Because of the upcoming status rework I have one suggestion I would like to see iterated upon:

Seeing that currently heat is the only primary element that's work using in any shape, I think it's best to first change its fellow primary elements before delving into the complicated realm that is secondary element. For that I suggest that we double down on the aspects of electric that makes it just a less committal version of gas.

While both gas and electric roughly serve the same function of AOE status effect, electric requires half the mod slots to implement (courtesy of gas consisting of two elements)

My proposed change is this: change the chain lightning effect from the electric procs to affect only one target in range, but the damage instance dealt to this secondary target is dealt immediately after the status proc itself and all of it in one go (all in one tick instead of over 6 seconds),  with the damage significantly improved to make up for the loss of TTK potential and more range to make it less likely that no valid target is in range for the chain lightning effect.

And now we have gas and electric. Similar in intent but different in approach. Gas demands more commitment from the player. Two mod slots, enemy grouping tools and tactics, and patience; waiting for enemies to die. but it pays back in raw effectiveness. Electric needs only one mod slot however, doesn't need enemies to be standing close by, and is effective immediately, but lacks the punch that gas can provide when it's implemented properly.

This dynamic also mirrors the one seen in heat and corrosive in the live game. Both reduce enemy armour, and while corrosive is dependant to fire rate and status chance, heat needs only 1 proc to start weakening the enemy considerably, but can never hope to reach the heights that corrosive can.

Coincidentally, electric and gas can both be present on a weapon at the same time. Just like corrosive and heat.

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: New RJ MKIII weapon wreckages are only worth 25 endo when scrapped compared to 225 endo for the older MKIII weapons
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Scrap one of the new Corpus MKIII weapon wreckages
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get 225 endo (although it says 25, I believe this is an oversight)
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Only got 25 endo
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

On 2021-03-25 at 4:58 PM, PublikDomain said:

Why aren't concerns about the energy economy on the Trello board yet?

Presumably for the same reason the support for criticisms of Forma and Polarity saw no mention.
Universal Vacuum issue all over again.

Edited by CyberneticSusurrus
grammar
  • Like 5

Buff the Fire Surpression Tactical Mod or move it into a different slot.

It's a "Super" right now, but removing a single fire on the railjack, especially with how little of a threat they are right now, just isn't worth picking over any of the other supers.

I'd suggest renaming it and allowing it to remove all hazards from your ship if it's maxed, give it a lengthy cooldown if you don't want revolite to become useless in multiplayer.

Alternatively move it to the first slot, which currently hardly has anything worth using.

On 2021-03-26 at 6:09 PM, Larsurus said:
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: New RJ MKIII weapon wreckages are only worth 25 endo when scrapped compared to 225 endo for the older MKIII weapons
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Scrap one of the new Corpus MKIII weapon wreckages
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get 225 endo (although it says 25, I believe this is an oversight)
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Only got 25 endo
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

I doubt this is a bug. With how these are earned, this seems intentional in order to prevent a loot cave scenario.

I love the new content regarding railjacks. My clan mates and I have been religiously grinding this mode in the game and we are having a lot of fun doing so.
However, I am consistently having an issue with suddenly loosing the ability to use the Dorsal Turret while in the middle of a railjack mission even with all of the hot-fixes installed. Is anyone else having this issue as well?

• Like 1

Greetings all, Long time listener first time caller.😁

Was wondering since we have the autonomous drive in the RJ, would it be possible to make the slingshot spin 360 degrees cause trying to let the AI fly and using the slingshot into the crew ships is kinda like shooting a fly with a rubber band and a needle with a 45 degree of view?

Thanks

If you select a mission and play with a random squad, you could end up bringing your ship, or someone else's. You also don't know the role your crewmates plan on taking, and your plexus mods directly correlate to which role you would best fulfill. Are there any plans to address this, or is the recruiting mechanic supposed to be the solution?

• Like 2

Hi,

I'd like for normal (non-elite) outriders spawn in grineer railjack mission to be increased. The problem is the avionics "Ordnance Velocity" and "Turret Velocity" are both dropped by Kosma/Gyre/Exo outriders with drop chances ranging from 0.1305% to 0.2025% (15% mod drop chance and 0.87%-1.35% in respective droptable) but the outriders are really hard to find.

First of all, theres like 1 to 2 mission in each proxima where normal outriders can spawn instead of elites and elites dont drop the mods. Second, I can't say I remember the spawn rate before the corpus update but I can find at most 3 outriders per single mission. Third, in corpus mission the enemies spawn continuously but in grineer mission they stop spawning after killing X number of enemies which forces the player to restart a new mission.

That's pretty much it, at most 3 chance of dropping Ordnance/Turret Velocity at 0.13% - 0.2 % drop rate makes it almost impossible to farm. They dont need to spawn forever, maybe just spawn like 8-10 in a mission with 80 enemies to kill. 

Thank you, loving the update!

• Like 2

Post Dev-stream / Final thoughts 

Plexus Affinity If the plexus is intended to absorb all the affinity then please let us put focus lens' on it. The only other thing that uses affinity and does not have lens' are companions and they never "eat" our affinity, they get it on top of the normal distribution. As things stand the plexus is the only thing that will "waste" affinity once it is full with no way of putting it to use. 

Energy / Communication While I have seen responses to all the other major complaints/issues that I have been tracking (large changes to the forma/polarity system was hard put down on a home time, credit cost/reward is on the trello and dev stream) why has there been no response to the vocal and unified complaints about the swap to warframe energy? While waiting out a bit to let the dust settle is one thing the lack of acknowledgment of what (I believe) is the largest issue raised is not ok. While I do not agree with the direction I would much rather we be told "No, not happening" than the silence. 

• Like 4

Hi, as of the most recent Hotfix (29.10.9) i still find this bug/oversight.

All new MK III Armaments (Glazio, Laith, Talyn and Vort) scrap for only 25 Endo compared to the 225 of the older MKIII Armaments that have been in the game since Railjack's release.

Lost thousands of Endo scrapping those parts till i noticed it and i am still kind of forced to do so to make room for more scrap.

Would be nice if that could be fixed and maybe a script to recover our losses if that is possible?

Happy Easter!

• Like 1

On 2021-03-29 at 1:20 PM, Stalker_says_hello said:

Still no fix for railjack armamanets for corpus to be set from 25 endo for Mk3 to 225 endo. 

On 2021-04-03 at 10:44 AM, Nuwisha said:

Hi, as of the most recent Hotfix (29.10.9) i still find this bug/oversight.

All new MK III Armaments (Glazio, Laith, Talyn and Vort) scrap for only 25 Endo compared to the 225 of the older MKIII Armaments that have been in the game since Railjack's release.

Lost thousands of Endo scrapping those parts till i noticed it and i am still kind of forced to do so to make room for more scrap.

Would be nice if that could be fixed and maybe a script to recover our losses if that is possible?

Happy Easter!

This should be fixed with Update 30! 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

This should be fixed with Update 30! 

Fixed in which direction? They should all cost 25 Endo or all cost 225 Endo?

1 hour ago, (XBOX)A Wasted Muffin said:

My bet is that it will release April 17ish

On a Saturday?