Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: New Railjack Equipment Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

17 hours ago, Cristovelli said:

Another thing is, that while I get the "immersive" or "narrative" reasoning for needing to visit the Dry Dock to configure your Railjack, it is cumbersome to require loading screens, cutscenes or various fiddly navigational efforts just to access essentially, another equipment menu. Our Orbiters should be equipped to allow routine maintenance of the Railjack. "Why even have the Dry Dock then?" I don't know... but it does look cool.

Have to agree with you on that. The fact that you need a drydock to configure your railjack is really annoying. "Why even have the Dry Dock then?" The same reason you have labs; the research. You may not need it to configure your stuff, but you're GOING to need it to research Railjack parts.

The energy economy changes along with the inability to specifically host your own game have made playing Railjack frustrating, and now that I have Sevagoth and the Epitaph I have no interest in returning (again).

The energy economy changes from U29.10 remain to this day a common point of contention yet still haven't been so much as acknowledged on the Trello board. Aside from the balance problems, this change makes it so there are "best" frames for certain roles like piloting. You will be a stronger and more capable pilot with Protea, Lavos, or Hildryn than you will with any other frame. On it's own this is an annoying "what are you even thinking???" kind of issue, like ok fine, I guess I'll trivialize all of the Railjack content? But the hosting changes make this far more annoying and frustrating than it would be on its own.

Because you can no longer specifically host your own ship, and because some frames are better at piloting than others, it's very common that I end up with the wrong frame for my role. If I have Protea and want to host, I often end up joining someone else instead. So I can play the wrong frame for a role I don't want to play, or I can leave the squad and try again. If I have Khora and want to join, I often end up having to host. Which wouldn't be a problem except hosting means I have to change to a frame I don't feel like playing! And if I'm playing Khora and I manage to join someone's game like I want to, I still might end up having to pilot the ship for some reason which my frame is completely unsuited for. I could change my Khora build, but that'd make her a worse pilot than Protea and worse in any other role than my everyday build. This makes the whole process needlessly frustrating and I often find myself fighting the menu trying to get into the game I want. And when it does something I don't want, because of the long loading screens it's faster to just Alt-F4 and restart the game than to sit and wait to do things properly.d

This on top of the Void Storm issues, like the overbearing and annoying FX, or that Fissures only corrupt enemies near the host who is stuck on the ship, or that the rewards don't match the pacing... I'm not gonna bother. Again.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

The energy economy changes from U29.10 remain to this day a common point of contention yet still haven't been so much as acknowledged on the Trello board.
Aside from the balance problems, this change makes it so there are "best" frames for certain roles like piloting. You will be a stronger and more capable pilot with Protea, Lavos, or Hildryn than you will with any other frame.
On its own this is an annoying "what are you even thinking???" kind of issue, like ok fine, I guess I'll trivialize all of the Railjack content? But the hosting changes make this far more annoying and frustrating than it would be on its own.

[...]

The tremendous irony is that prior to release they explicitly stated that the Flux Energy changes were the aspect they were least committed to!
They noted the overwhelming negative feedback (raising exactly the issues you describe) before and after, but now? Nothing!

To make matters worse, this is a sequel to an issue they already had before: Archwing stats used to be affected by the warframe you were using.
At the time they made their changes, they pointed out that having it so there were clear 'best' and 'worst' warframes for an entire system was not desirable.
Yet here we are.

(As a sidenote, Necramechs feature yet another already-had-this-issue: the stamina bar.)

• Like 2

As is obvious, I don't normally bother to visit forums, this is one of the very few exceptions I had to make to hopefully be heard.

Please untie Railjack content from Ground content. If we want to do ground missions, we will go to ground missions, if we want archwing, we will go archwing, if we want railjack, we will go railjack.

A bit of crossover is more then fine, even interesting but completely abandoning your railjack (which magically becomes immune to damage, but your crew still doesnt bother to join you...) just to do a significantly longer ground objective barely related to the original mission is more than annoying and time consuming, not to mention failing it would also mean failing the railjack part.

You can do these for events if you must, but please dont enforce it on every single railjack mission. The way railjack missions worked before corpus arrived was more than fine.

Thank you for your time and effort, keep up the otherwise mostly great work in developing a completely free AAA game!

• Like 1

third feedback, as mentioned in the previous comment, the new hosting mechanics did not solve anything, quite the contrary! not even the time to have posted here my feedback that I made the video and what was mentioned: the first video is me waiting for 15 minutes and more for someone to enter the game before starting the mission.

https://youtu.be/N7L0KHs6OYo

The second video instead, while I'm more than halfway through the mission, someone enters the game just to quit (probably he wanted to use his railjack, rightly).

https://youtu.be/XO8eaDWDF_M

insert a mechanic to be able to choose your railjack or host as you did before, so you throw away what was good about railjack, empyrean is a second choice to classic missions, we already have a game mode in which the host it's random, trust us and let us manage the host on the railjack, with the new intrinsic command we have more freedom in managing the railjack while we wait for other Tenno.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The combination of switching all Avionics to Mods and changing their "Max-Rank" (for example) from 7 to 10 makes sense. But the accompanying cost explosion doesn´t fit well. I can´t upgrade all my former Rank 7 Avionics, I used before the Update, to Rank 10 Mods, because I would need around 150k Endo and I got way less Endo via Dirac conversion... Please consider one of the following options, or something similar/better:

-reduce the upgrade cost for Railjack-Mods (but I think this doesn´t work with the current Mod system, right?)

-reduce the "Max-Rank" of all Railjack Mods/Avionics by three levels (but keep the maximized stats from before, e.g. future Max-Rank 7 Void Hole has past Max-Rank 10 Void Hole stats. You know what I mean :P )

Railjack isn't a great source of affinity for solo players so long as the Plexus hoards all affinity from turret kills.

It used to be my goto to rank up amps, weapons, warframes, etc. because while not as efficient as other methods, you also earned a hefty amount of credits and other rewards on the side.  But I'd never leave the Railjack until necessary because unranked items will not be effective against level 99 enemies.

Now, for said unranked items to gain affinity, I have to leave the Railjack and use them to kill high level enemies.  I won't say objective XP is nil, but it's nowhere near enough to make RJ a preferable affinity farm.  The amount of XP gained via objectives is comparable to a normal mission, but longer to complete.  It's simply inefficient.

The Plexus should behave like an inverted Lens: gaining affinity when not maxed and taking no affinity when maxed.  Like how a Lens will take no affinity until the item it's attached to is maxed, the Plexus will give all of it's affinity to the equipped warframe and weapons when the Plexus is maxed.  Standard assist spread: 25% warframe, 75% split evenly between weapons.

Edited by Gartenk
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Gartenk said:

The Plexus should behave like an inverted Lens: gaining affinity when not maxed and taking no affinity when maxed.  Like how a Lens will take no affinity until the item it's attached to is maxed, the Plexus will give all of it's affinity to the equipped warframe and weapons when the Plexus is maxed.  Standard assist spread: 25% warframe, 75% split evenly between weapons.

Actually, I was wondering about something similar; Since a Lens can't seem to go directly on the Plexus, can you still earn focus from your own turret kills (Via the Warframe's equipped Lens, etc.) while piloting the Railjack?

If not, that's a lot of potential focus lost somewhere. I'll try testing it when I can the next time I head into a Grineer Empyrean mission.

But I definitely agree with your idea; That would be a nice alternative for having a Lens-less Plexus :)

• Like 1