Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Greetings Tenno!

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack is live and we are looking to hear your thoughts on this new, improved, and more deadly Railjack experience!

With this update, we are taking a slightly different approach to how we communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and other feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board: [Trello Link!]

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Channel, found here: [Discord Link!]

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• The New Command Intrinsic
  • Crew Members (AI, Equipment, Cosmetics)
  • Competency Points
  • Command Intrinsic Abilities

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. If you like something, let us know! If you did not like an aspect of The Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better!

If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

• Like 1

First thing's first, thank you for finally dropping the command intrinsic. Loving it. Doing wonders for the ol' Stickman HQ. Second, can we have a way where we can slap sigils onto our crew members (that includes liches)? I'd love to personalize them a tiny bit more with the Lift Together Sigil.

Overall, y'all did great in delivering this intrinsic. Nicely done!

Edited by Stickman949
Added a bit in the first section
  • Like 8

Great stuff, but (correct me if I'm wrong) weren't you talking about crew customization including the helmet style and stuff like that? Like, I appreciate a good syandana on my new pilot, but her default helmet is horrible. It would be great if you eventually implement the ability to play dress-up on the base model, like you were talking, in addition to attachments.

• Like 6

It seemed that the liches cannot be designated as "on call" for non-RJ missions, which is further disappointing for their generally-limited use.

Crew also can't be assigned to the cannon, which would be a nice addition down the road for solo. Maybe a 'fire now' in the tactical menu for them to cut down on them expending any dome charges foolishly (not that I'd ever miss! *cough*)

Edited by Drastic
keeping on thread topic!
  • Like 23

Loving the update, railjack missions are so much more satisfying now. 

Noticed that AI Crew will not target the radiators of Grineer POIs, not sure if this is intentional.

Also heavily agree with the disappointment of not being able to set a Lich as an On Call crewmate. I'd love to have a member of my army on hand when needed. 

Overall the crewmates feel competent and do their tasks well, will comment more after more experimenting.

• Like 9

A small complaint, but it would be nice if we could see what competency the AI has in mission(to know who is a better gunner or a better pilot), also some symbol to show what role the crewmate was assigned.

Edited by Eyn_Sof
  • Like 6

Crew won't use the forward artillery which is the only task they needed to do to improve the solo experience.

Having a pilot is a flat downgrade solo since they won't line you up with crewships or objectives that need to be shot with the forward artillery but will instead fly you away after you manually set up a shot and swap to it.

• Like 31

If you check the Trello boards DE set up alot of the suggested feedback for updating command intrinsic is ignored compared to this forum page full of suggestions. They only want to so far impliment 2 ideas which is the on call crew be for liches and liches have another role other than defender. Everything else they don't care to add for potential to be Implemented essentially ignoring the community and 90% of all Suggestions. 

Edited by Stalker_says_hello
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drastic said:

It seemed that the liches cannot be designated as "on call" for non-RJ missions, which is further disappointing for their generally-limited use.

Crew also can't be assigned to the cannon, which would be a nice addition down the road for solo. Maybe a 'fire now' in the tactical menu for them to cut down on them expending any dome charges foolishly (not that I'd ever miss! *cough*)

Why are liches so useless? Why even have a on call upgrade when we can't even assign the member of the crew that's the best at defending. What am I paying the lich to do he just does nothing and is super useless. DE gotta let lich crew members to be actually viable. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

Why are liches so useless? Why even have a on call upgrade when we can't even assign the member of the crew that's the best at defending. What am I paying the lich to do he just does nothing and is super useless. DE gotta let lich crew members to be actually viable. 

They are looking into that, check the Trello board

Trello 1. We need liches to be able to assign a role other than defend and to have it auto assign itself to defend if a boarding party boards and then when done being invaided go back to doing previously assigned role.

Trello 2. Liches need to have the ability to be selected for on call which defeats the purposeful benefit of on call if your best attacker can't be assigned as on call. 

3. You need to be able to change the weapon of the lich. Only benefit of lich having a gun would be if you didn't have a better weapon to assign it then it already has one assigned. 

4. Limiting what weapons crew members get defeats the purpose of customizable weapons for crew members we have never restricted what weapons specters get why crew members. 

5. Liches need to have something to level up in railjack so it feels like a crew member and not some lazy hired assassin. 

6. Need a way to fire forward artillery easy as solo player since we have a crew full of idiots it would be nice to have a marker we can place and wait for a crew member to shoot that area automatically. 

7. Allow crew members to use the forge right now they can only do repairs. Would be nice to have so you can focus on the mission instead of topping off resources every 5 seconds just so you can remote repair with level 10 intrinsic so you can play the game. 

8. Should allow 1 Ai crew member when having a full squad like a lich or something. Maybe rank 10 command intrinsic? Most of everyone is going to go invade ships need 1 person on board why not an npc crew member. 

9. Crew member summon time is too short would rather them die and leave like a specter would. 

• Like 16

Here's a few things:

1. Have gunners or pilot target "Exterior Weakpoints". The main reason I picked Gian Point was mainly to avoid secondary objectives, but not to speed up the mission. I did it because entering and exiting those areas to get the interior and exterior weakpoints solo was a pain. If I am inside and set up an exterior weakpoint, I expect my gunmen to target it so I don't have to haul myself right back out.

2. Isn't an engineer supposed to keep the resources in the forge topped off?  Many times I ran out of energy using abilities and had to fly back to my forges to top me off again. And, since cannon charges were reduced, I'm having to fly back there more often now, too. The engineer ai only repairs the ship, but at that point they are obsolete when Engineering 10 intrinsic is unlocked. They should be working at the forge in downtime. 

Edited by R34LM
  • Like 19

A few input:

- crew member secondary role for emergency like catastrophic breach, boarding party (gunner or engineer to defender and vice versa) or player leaving the railjack (gunner or engineer to pilot) or when the player want to take the role (gunner to pilot when the player wanted to use the gun)

- forward artillery gunner role (seriously?)

- on demand forging: command the crew member with the engineer role to forge something specific.

- command piloting: go to the objective, evasive, etc... etc...

• Like 20

A few changes I'd like to see:

1. Kuva liches should be able to use systems, they simply aren't worth the crew slot as pure defense.

2. Gunners or a new position should be able to handle forward artillery.

3. Pilots should maneuver and face towards priority targets. Pilots and gunners should destroy priority targets. Examples of these include crewships, exterior weakpoints, etc.

4. Engineers should be able to forge. I'd say forging as necessary for everything but energy, and maybe forging energy as an option or something.

5. Pilots should use battle mods such as void hole. Maybe giving the railjack an internal energy system exclusively for command intrinsic pilots or something. Could tie this into energy generation systems by having a spot on the ship interact with energy orbs, energizing dash, etc.

6. Pilots and gunners should use ordinance. Maybe if a target is taking too little damage from guns, or only for elites, or only on crewship shields.

7. It'd be nice if the command intrinsic also used warframe abilities to aid you like players have the option to from the railjack menu. Could tie this into the helminth system or something.

Keep up the good work :)

• Like 8

Put back in the option to launch a mission on your own ship i didnt build it to look at it in the dojo, and the biggest problem bring back energy flux i wont make builds that only have energy, regen and eff this 2 things are the biggest problems ive had so far.

Used 1 ability out of energy playing solo i want to fly my ship ai crew do nothing cant use void cloak because i need battleforge this update so far ruined one of my favourite gamemodes.

Edited by Kromidko
Mistake
  • Like 3

Crew Liches are incredibly underwhelming.  If they're not allowed to actually do anything railjack-based, they should really be stronger than they are.  As it stands, because they cannot be customized, they're worse than a combat-focused crewmate using a well-modded weapon.  Either let us customize Liches and give them our modded weapons, or let us mod the Lich's weapons to make them competitive.

• Like 3