Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

15 hours ago, Skaleek said:

Geez. I've hired 6 crew members now and not noticed a contract length on any of them.

Update: miscommunication; what was originally thought to be a countdown was actually a count up.
After a certain time frame 'contract length' becomes 'N/A'.
Another example of 'Info not given so mistakes were made.' 😜

some ideas i had for stuff that would make the command intrinsic a lot better is firstly, the ability to organise your crew from either the menus in the hubs and relays or your orbiter instead of having to go to the dry dock to do it, make it so that as well as syandanas and armour, you can make crewmates use ephemeras as well, as well as that, the ability to set your on-call from the orbiter to whoever you want to and lastly, the ability to be able to set it for warframe loadouts so lets say i decided to bring a red veil crewmate while i use garuda or something, i set it so that my crewmate is with me while using garuda and if i swap to someone else, i can set them to be able to have a different on-call such as having a new loka member for lets say oberon or something so when i swap my loadouts, it switches my on-call between those two crewmates, it would be a lot easier then every single time i want to swap crewmates, i have to go to the dry dock and adjust it there, of course, if someone just want to use a single crewmate and noone else, you can set it so that all loadouts use the same on-call as eachother, i feel these additions to crewmates would make organising them a lot easier and would make the experience of having your own crew a lot better.

• Like 1

So apparently having crew fire at POI radiators is yet to be considered "popular feedback" on the Trello board so I'll just add my voice to the choir hoping that it'll show up soon.

I know that having a AI pilot line up the RJ and fire on the radiator might be a bit much to ask. But having a gunner fire on the radiator when there's a direct line of sight, seems doable (but I'm not a programmer so perhaps it isn't 🤷‍♂️). 
It would be a major QoL improvement on the "old" RJ missions.

Edited by Tombsite
  • Like 4

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to give nicknames to my crewmates(suda has some long names) and maybe a way to continue gaining points? I know that it would cause less players to get new crew members, but I hate the idea of fireing a crew member because "This guy has better stats". Apart from that, I am very impressed with the crew system. Very solid with a lot of customization available. 👍

I have a lot of thoughts about crew and command after grinding out some Railjack over the past few days.

First of all, there's at least one pretty game-breaking bug that I haven't seen in the known issues list and I honestly do not know how or why it happens, since it seems to be inconsistent and intermittent, but, essentially, if I set up my crew as, for example, Gunner, Gunner, Engineer, and enter a Railjack mission, more often than not that first Gunner will be trapped in his seat and will not be firing the gun. If I try to make them move to a different post, they don't. If I tell them to go back to gunnery afterward, they say they can't. If I start my crew as, say, Defender, Defender, Engineer, and tell them to go to the gunnery seat afterward, everything works as expected, so it seems to ONLY affect initial placement, and ONLY for the first gunnery slot, not the second. Less game-breaking but related, if you spectate a gunner, they have no head on their model.

Secondly, not giving affinity for crewmate kills is, while understandable, a mistake. Because of this, I just... can't use my crew for anything but defenders, really. I have the remote repair intrinsic, so the engineer's just stealing 5k affinity from me every time they fix a hazard. I have good guns and battle mods, so the crew is just stealing my affinity when I let them shoot at things. It's not a problem if you're solo and have maxed intrinsics and are using a completely maxed out loadout, but Railjack is low-key a great place to bring your junk to level as an alternative to Hydron or Sanctuary Onslaught, so having the option of gaining decent exp taken away because I'm playing solo and want to use the new system designed for solo players is a massive let-down.

Thirdly, crew seem to be pretty ineffective in general in certain circumstances. One thing that needs to happen, either as core functionality or as a Command intrinsic, is the ability to assign multiple roles to a crew in a sort of priority system. For example, I assign a crew member to Defender + Engineer, so that they will prioritize killing invaders before returning to repairing the ship. For example 2, I assign someone as a Pilot + Gunner, so that if I take the helm, they will enter a gunner seat automatically without needing to be told to do so. This could go so far as allowing you to prioritize all four roles for all crew mates, so that, for example, I could have one set as Defender > Engineer > Gunner > Pilot, so that they would first prioritize killing invaders, then repairing the ship, then filling any empty gunner seats, then finally, if all else is taken care of, filling the pilot seat if necessary,

Fourth, engineering crew need to be capable of using the Forge. That, and/or some other way to remotely access the forge should be available, either as a core mechanic or as an addition to Engineering. It shouldn't be too difficult or game-breaking to allow the use of the Forge through the tactical menu, either as a core functionality or as a high-level Engineering skill.

Fifth, Gunnery crew either need to be capable of intelligently addressing crewships, or should avoid prioritizing them over fighters and other hazards. In my opinion, gunnery crew target priorities should be shifted to first targeting incoming boarding parties, then other short-term, high-risk hazards, then fighters, and then crewships only if nothing else they can handle is available. Alternatively, allow them to handle crewships - allow the use of the dome charge by gunner crew, for example. Alternatively to that, allow the use of the dome charge from ANY seat once unlocked, rather than having to enter the special seat for it. Warframe is too fast-paced a game to be running around from seat to seat just to be able to press one different button to fire one different type of weapon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but having the pilot and/or gunnery crew attacking radiators and other ship-based objectives while you're playing ground crew would also reduce a LOT of the monotony and tedium from soloing railjack missions. It would also give me a reason to allow an AI pilot in the first place, since as it stands, it's safer for me to NOT assign a pilot and to park my ship out of range of the objectives' firing of boarding parties, because my crew seems incapable of avoiding them, shooting them down before they reach the ship, or defending the ship without my intervention, regardless of how I assign my crew to try to deal with the problem.

I also forgot to mention that pilots seem to be not great at piloting in general, but I imagine that's probably because you're intended to pilot your own ship until you leave it to do off-ship objectives. If pilots/gunners won't be shooting reactors/etc, then at the very least, have them find a safe place out of range of objectives they're otherwise going to not do anyway so that they aren't attracting constant boarding parties and other hazards they can't deal with while I'm away.

Edited by Erwing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Erwing said:

First of all, there's at least one pretty game-breaking bug that I haven't seen in the known issues list and I honestly do not know how or why it happens, since it seems to be inconsistent and intermittent, but, essentially, if I set up my crew as, for example, Gunner, Gunner, Engineer, and enter a Railjack mission, more often than not that first Gunner will be trapped in his seat and will not be firing the gun. If I try to make them move to a different post, they don't. If I tell them to go back to gunnery afterward, they say they can't. If I start my crew as, say, Defender, Defender, Engineer, and tell them to go to the gunnery seat afterward, everything works as expected, so it seems to ONLY affect initial placement, and ONLY for the first gunnery slot, not the second. Less game-breaking but related, if you spectate a gunner, they have no head on their model.

I've experienced exactly this multiple times. I second this.

Edited by Scholar_Andrew

Certain railjack notifications from Cy, such as warning the player that the railjack has been breached by a ramsled, should be broadcasted to players that are within objectives and visually displayed in the UI in some manner.

At the moment you are completely unaware as to what is happening to your railjack when you are away, this change or something similar would allow players to more easily adapt to different situations and manage their crew while away from the ship.

• Like 2

Summary
Crew members act like Defenders and perform all their functions when not doing their assigned tasks (most notably Engineers whenever they're not repairing). As for Liches, their downsides (being locked to the (currently superfluous) Defender role and being unable to revive crew members) outweigh their upsides (high survivability and damage, ability to cast abilities). My suggested fixes for this is giving Defenders something other roles can't do, and giving Liches features that support the rest of the crew.

Introduction
Having played with a full crew for a handful of days, I've noticed that not only are Defenders not needed as the other roles automatically fill that role when they're not doing their own, but Liches have their pros outweighed by their cons. Thus, I want to share my experience, as well as some ideas on how to fix this.

The issues with Defenders and Liches
In order to add some weight to my feedback, I performed a couple of tests. Using an invisible Loki, I confirmed that every role fulfills the Defender's job (killing enemies) while they're not doing their own - Pilots defend while someone else pilots, Gunners while both guns are occupied, and Engineers while they're not fixing a hazard. Even while running towards a hazard, Engineers take the opportunity to kill nearby enemies, as far as I've seen.

When a crew member (and presumably a player) goes into bleedout, both Defenders and Engineers (and presumably jobless Gunners and Pilots) will attempt to revive them unless they're occupied with enemies. My initial assumption was that this would be something that only Defenders could do. However:

Liches can't/won't revive crew members, even when there's no enemies onboard. This is one of the main ways the Liches fail in their role, and something that really needs to be fixed to keep them relevant.

Finally, while Liches have superior health to normal crew members, the ability to cast their Lich abilities, and maybe higher damage output, those upsides are neglectable since one Engineer with a good enough weapon is strong enough to handle the toughest of boarding parties without ever taking health damage. (Mine has 4 Repair, 4 Combat, 3 Endurance, and uses a Kuva Nukor for its high damage, AoE potential, and crowd control through Heat and Radiation.) It might not even be the case that a Lich's weapon does more damage than a crew member wielding the same since the latter's can be modded.

Fixes - Defender
Currently, the Defender role has no upside over any other jobless crew member - most notably Engineers. I do not think the ability of the jobless to default back into patrolling and killing enemies should be nerfed, as it brings a lot of quality-of-life. Rather, the Defender role needs something only it can do, and if not, get removed. While it would be a nerf to the other roles, you could make the ability to revive exclusive to Defenders, but beyond that, I think some sort of tanking and/or crew healing abilities are needed for the role.

Fixes - Liches
First off, Liches need the ability to revive crew members. Secondly, if their weapon damage is lower than that of the same (modded) weapon wielded by a crew member, I suggest letting players swap the Lich's weapon to a modded one, but only to other Kuva weapons. Not only would this solve the damage problem, if it exists, but it would also give players some customization if their favorite Lich is not using the player's preferred weapon.

Thirdly, while I do not think Liches should be granted the ability to switch roles, they need something extra to make up for their lack of versatility. Building upon their nature, I think they should be changed from Defenders to Commanders - a role unique to them that comes with two features on top of doing everything a Defender does (whether that role is removed or not).

The first feature is a competency aura of sorts that provides two competency points to each non-Lich crew member based on their role - +1 to Piloting/Gunnery/Repair/Combat for Pilots/Gunners/Engineers/Defenders respectively, and +1 to Endurance for all roles. These bonus points can raise a crew member above the 5/5 maximum. If this bonus is deemed too weak or strong, the number of points granted can simply be altered.

The second feature is the ability to assign non-Lich crew members new roles as needed, based on player-assigned roles and within the following limitations:

• If there are no hazards or boarders, Engineers and Defenders are assigned the Gunner role. In the events of hazards or boarders, their return to those role is prioritized.
  • If there's a hazard and no Engineers, one crew member is assigned the Engineer role. After it is fixed, they are reassigned their previous role.
    (The selected crew member is prioritized based on (1) the rule above, (2) highest Repair skill, and (3) in case of a skill tie, their role (Defender/Pilot/Gunner).)
  • If there are boarders, the Lich will only reassign crew members as Defenders if that was their player-assigned role. Otherwise, the Lich will deal with the enemies themselves.
  • The Lich will never assign a crew member the Pilot role, but may temporarily reassign a Pilot as Engineer based on the second point above.

The motivation for these two features is that regardless of how good the Lich could otherwise be, their lack of role variability makes players unable to use stable "formations" like Pilot/Gunner/Engineer, Gunner/Gunner/Engineer, or Pilot/Gunner/Gunner. The competency aura alleviates this by making the roles more quality over quantity, while the role assignment gives the crew more autonomy as a trade-off for less stability (and more need for micro-management).

• Like 1

Unsure if it's been said, but having AI crewmates piloting the ship can be a bit problematic. The main problem comes with the archwing slingshot, and the Forward Artillery. When an AI crewmate is piloting the railjack, I'd enjoy being able to enter the archwing slingshot to breach into an enemy crewship, and otherwise I'd enjoy being able to use the Forward Artillery to deal with the crewships in one swift blow.
 The problem is, the AI crewmates, when piloting the ship, often turn it the exact opposite direction to those crewships, presumably in an attempt to fly away from them, or perhaps fly towards the objective, which would just so happen to be opposite the crewship. This makes it so that I can't slingshot into or blast the crewship with forward artillery. (Along with this, when a crewship is in front of our railjack, and I go to blast it with artillery, the AI crewmate piloting the railjack often turns it the other way before the forward artillery can charge up to fire.
 The best way I see to solve it, is that whenever a player enters the slingshot or forward artillery launcher, the AI crewmate piloting the ship should turn the ship directly towards the nearest crewship, and perhaps pilot closer to it for the slingshot, if you're too far away (if you're an absurdly large distance away from the enemy crewship though, like it's flying off into the distance as they sometimes do, perhaps don't have the AI follow it).
Cephalon Cy tells tenno when someone enters the slingshot (and he might do that for forward artillery, too. If not, it'd be good if he did, so players know to turn the railjack towards crewships), so that players know when to face prime targets for it. AI crewmates piloting the ship should follow the same logic. That way, even playing solo, I could use the archwing slingshot and forward artillery.

• Like 1

Here's a second separated post for a different bout of feedback.

When a tenno has to enter an enemy galleon in a skirmish, for example, to expose radiators for the railjack crew to fire at, it'd be great if AI crewmate gunners and pilots could coordinate to fire at such radiators, security nodes, etc etc, as currently they only fire at the small turrets that are sometimes nearby those. It does drag on a bit playing solo, and having to handle objectives like those myself, when the AI crewmates should easily be able to handle it. It's enough to deal with solo, going into those galleons and whatnot, while my AI crewmates stay behind, twiddling their thumbs, so it'd be great to have them handle radiators or other such objectives that I expose while in such a galleon, along with objectives like the aforementioned security nodes on the Corpus capital ships.

One final note, when my AI pilots us to a massive asteroid-mounted laser cannon, it'd definitely be a nice change if you could make them try to avoid the laser. One skirmish mission, I left to enter the asteroid to complete the objective inside, and my railjack kept getting blasted by the laser, because they stayed on top of the asteroid where the laser cannon was, rather than drifting under it so the laser cannon couldn't get them. If you could make AI crewmates evade things like that by piloting out of their reach, that'd be quite useful!

I would like to be able to set role priorities on crew-so you can have a pilot that will gun while you pilot personally, or similar.

Also being able to do cooperative objectives via crew would be cool.

I was really hoping command would allow some way to control the Forward Artillery solo as well.

• Like 1

Not to parrot Brozime too much but I basically agreed with his assessment of command entirely.  It's not "terrible" and didn't make me angry like a lot of stuff with DE, but this could be a lot better.  The main criticism is that it's underwhelming as described in the following:

1) respec of points should be mainline not an achievement.  Not being able to respec for players that don't have the intrinsics up front, that's a punishment.

Do you know what happens in any game where you have to invest and can't respec?  Players freak out until either the devs add it or it gets modded in.  Nobody likes not being able to respec, it's literally a punishment to players for playing the game and investing and not being omniscient enough to know the best build up front, it also disincentivises experimentation.  Even if you say, charge some credits or something so there is a cost associated with it, that's fine, but don't make something that should be mainline a reward, because it's not a reward, it's a punishment not to have and it's also a very underwhelming reward.

2) Until rank 8 the command line feels more like base functionality rather than a boon.  Players really need to have some kind of boon attached with those ranks being squished.  Base function needs to happen early, then get boons at mid tier that are decent, and big boons at the end.

3) Liches are bad crew members.  They need something else to make them worth slotting even if you have a crewmate with all 5's across all categories.  Liches are a major investment of player time (especially for those of us that grinded the whole system at launch when it was grotesquely padded and grindy to an absurd level), they should be worth having as an option.  Right now they are a non option for all the reasons (bad weapon without mods, no skill to use, no buffs to add to the ship, no functional except that they are slightly more tanky but do less damage during the conditional requirement that you are boarded, etc. etc.).  I think giving each a base buff of 1 type to the ship that is roughly equivalent to a max mod (for baseline RJ stats, not abilities) would make them not necessarily "better" than a crew member, but it would make it something you'd have to weigh and consider for your build and would also open up more build diversity because you'd then build around your best lich if you chose to use them as crew.  Given that their boon would be RNG, this would also add some more relevance to liches to grind out the perfect boon for your set up and provide more depth for the modding system.

4) Obviously rank 10 doesn't exist yet, but it needs to be included with a reworked tree and unlike the gunnery, not have a downside attached.  Like any intelligent player, I have left gunnery at 9 because it's an actively bad ability and I will never rank it until it is changed.  A good possibility I think, would be that you could have your crew go in with you on the away missions in RJ, that would be pretty cool thematically.  Would it trivialize content?  I mean kinda, but lets be real, people that are max intrinsics across the board, all content is already trivial (including SP on day 1) and no amount of tweaks are going to fix that until DE implements systems I've outlined elsewhere (enemy AI, casts and types variances).

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 3

Greetings all,

I'll like to throw in a little suggestion in regards to the hire-able crewmembers and their associated competency points. As most know by now, the crewmembers that are purchasable from Ticker comes with either a set of 8 or 10 randomly distributed competency points. (Depending on if the crewmember is sold for Credits, or Resources respectively.)

While its a cool idea to begin with, I personally really dislike it. As silly as it sounds, Crewmembers shouldn't just be another stat-stick, but an individual which we can bring along, and forge our journey with. They do after all have unique names, stats and apparel (albeit very rarely it seems?) That's why it feels incredibly awful, that all the crewmembers that are purchased via Credits are technically always inferior, even if we take a liking to their name, apparel and personality.

I'll honestly suggest that there be added a means to invest resources, credits or something else, into further training these lower-levelled competency-points crewmembers, to be equally competent as their Resource-priced competitors. Maybe just an option to spend Railjack resources on crewmembers that's been purchased with Credits, in order to grant them those 2 additional competency points? An easy solution to make them equal, really.

I know that we gain 3 slot-able competency points via the Command Intrinsic, yet that doesn't really change anything since both types of crewmembers gets it.

Also, on a side note, please make the On-Call last indefinitely, or until they're defeated. Having them around for only 3 minutes in normal missions makes them significantly less valuable than their (More powerful!) specter counterparts.

• Like 3

Overall I´m pretty happy with how crew performs. However there is certainly room for improvements:

1) Kuva Liches are borderline useless, without ability to mod their weapons they can´t even out-damage regular crew.

2) "Crew on call" is pretty underwhelming. For rank 9 it seems more like a gimmick then useful major mechanic. If I´m supposed to invest into my crew and their weapons, I want to make the most of it during missions. Ideally called crew would last until they die - and only then the cooldown would kick in. Yes, it would make the game even easier, but with weapons like Kuva bramma, most of the game´s content is already trivial anyway.

I would like to use my bodyguard primarily for missions like Arbitrations, Sorties and Steel path. There could be some sort of limit, e.g. you can summon your crew for 3 mins for free, or you may spend a charge to summon them for unlimited time. These charges may have a daily limit or you may craft them like charges for a spectre.

3) Your crew have no way of supporting you when you are away from the ship. You should be at least able to summon your bodyguard to help you out.

4) Defenders seem to struggle with high level enemies. In the Veil they go down pretty easily. The problem is further exacerbated by the fact that you get no warning about ship being boarded after you left it. There should be at least a VO from your crew that they engaged the enemy. That way you may have time to decide if you want to teleport back to help personally or send the rest of the crew to assist.

Many also already argued that Defender role is effectively redundant since Engineer can also protect the ship. Maybe Defenders should get a significant buff to their health, shields and armour, making their role more distinct and viable.

5) Lastly since the crew has no melee weapons, their AI seems to freeze when they are attacked up close. Ideally we should be able to provide them with melee weapons as well, which would fix this problem.

Greetings, thanks for considering the following points.

1. Crew members seems bad at helping with RJ part of objectives. Sounds like a combination of bad piloting and in general not targeting the POIs. I have had my crew destroy 1 POI out of 2, so I am not too certain how effective they are. They did stay quite far away from the POI.

2. Pilot crew seems quite bad. Maxed is still slow and does not contribute much to a mission. Gunners and engineers seem good, not sure about defenders, though, perhaps a bit ineffective. 

3. On call crew members having a limited time seems a bit like a let down for a rank 9 Intrinsic. 

4. All other Intrinsic trees have 2 tiers that help outside of RJ, could command also have a 2nd.

5. Could competency points be more related to crew competency than your command Intrinsic, having a max crew member reach 11/13 points as soon as I hire them is not very engaging long term. My suggestion would be doubling all the competency tiers(0-10 just like Intrinsics) but allowing crew members to gain competency as they interact with those specific tasks.(this is how I first understood competency to work, so if this is somewhat still the case, I would be glad to be corrected)

Crew could gain experience in the following ways:

5.1 Piloting: Shooting down an enemy, flying a certain distance, destroying POIs.

5.2 Gunnery: Shooting down enemies.

5.3 Engineering: Fixing an event, forging an item.

5.4 Damage: Killing a ground unit.

5.5 Health: Taking a certain amount of damage without dying.

It would be great if all of these were long term investments you could do into your crew members instead of just doing 3 points and then checking Ticker every now and then to see if there is a more specialized crew member to replace your own.(which is unlikely given how easy it is to max 1 stat with 3 competency points and how crew are only really doing only using 1 of the stats at a time excluding defenders/on call crew)

6. Either make it more clear that crew copy our plexus or allow us to mod crew plexus.

7. Minor detail, but different backgrounds for the crew members, all my arbiters have the exact same backstory. 

8. In general I would like to see more complex character emerging from crew members, such as having specific roles they like that might give them a boost in competency gain from point 5 or a preference of weapons that they know how to wield better and thus increase accuracy/fire rate/reload speed.

10. As many mention liches are underwhelming. Might just be the defender role, but they seem to be the worst choice, something that takes minimum of an hour to obtain should probably be better than cost a few insignificant resources. (50k credits or 1000 RJ resources are nothing in comparison)

Things I like so far:

1. Customizable crew outfits.

2. Ability to have a crew member come to other missions .

3. Syndicate discount interaction, great that syndicates have a role there.

4. Customizable crew weapons.

5. Crew still somewhat sticking around when playing with a half full squad.

6. That crew members have dialogue based on their syndicate. 

1 hour ago, ShadowHvo said:

crewmembers that are purchasable from Ticker comes with either a set of 8 or 10 randomly distributed competency points. (Depending on if the crewmember is sold for Credits, or Resources respectively.)

While its a cool idea to begin with, I personally really dislike it. As silly as it sounds, Crewmembers shouldn't just be another stat-stick, but an individual which we can bring along, and forge our journey with. They do after all have unique names, stats and apparel (albeit very rarely it seems?) That's why it feels incredibly awful, that all the crewmembers that are purchased via Credits are technically always inferior, even if we take a liking to their name, apparel and personality.

I'll honestly suggest that there be added a means to invest resources, credits or something else, into further training these lower-levelled competency-points crewmembers, to be equally competent as their Resource-priced competitors. Maybe just an option to spend Railjack resources on crewmembers that's been purchased with Credits, in order to grant them those 2 additional competency points? An easy solution to make them equal, really.

I know that we gain 3 slot-able competency points via the Command Intrinsic, yet that doesn't really change anything since both types of crewmembers gets it.

Also, on a side note, please make the On-Call last indefinitely, or until they're defeated. Having them around for only 3 minutes in normal missions makes them significantly less valuable than their (More powerful!) specter counterparts.

seconded

the RNG stats is simply making getting myself an engineer-combat crewmember a case of login, check ticker, check statlines, tut in disappointment, do dailies. 

there is ZERO interactivity in this system, and 13 max-stats is low enough that the +3 from command ranks is more a fixer for all the RNG rather than something rewarding. Currently, any mixed-stat crew with 1-2 points everywhere are effectively useless beyond hitting the 3 crew maximum the first time. 

personal feedback

Ticker - needs to have a contracts tab so we can hire and fire from one location. the only option you have if you FINALLY find a stat-mix you desire (generally 3-4 endurance with maybe some combat and 4-5 points in the crew-action stat). places here as it's intrinsic-related as even talking to ticker and levelling up crew-slots is directly associated with the command tree and the railjack dock.

Edited by IMMentat

3 things I wanna talk about:

On 2021-03-19 at 4:37 PM, Kromidko said:

bring back energy flux i wont make builds that only have energy, regen and eff this 2 things are the biggest problems ive had so far.

frame energy-efficiency has no bearing on RJ, it only checks for energy pool, whether or not you have energy siphon, and then energy-generating things

i have mixed thoughts on the energy system, i THINK they should either change it all to be cooldown based like when using lavos in RJ, or truly bring back flux but keep it individualized and tied to the plexus(ideally have a decently big base flux capacity and a plexus mod to slightly increase it) and then get rid of the penalty for re-using abilities(no needfor that annoying mechanic when we cant use pizzas/zenurik/dispensary+energize/garuda/hildryn to restore flux)

something along the lines of base 400 flux capacity with a rank 0 plexus, that goes up to 600 at rank 30, and be further increased to 900 via an avionic/RJ mod, with forge restoring a base amount of 200

HOWEVER, the above comes with a caveat: ONLY if they allow AI crew to use the forge to build stuff for us, ideally giving us some control over what they do(i.e a customizable priority list with toggles, maybe also a way to command them to build a specific thing)

it feels weird that we are punished for using frames that we may enjoy and that may be very effective during the frame portion of RJ missions simply cause your build doesnt use primed flow and that you didnt inject dispensary into your frame while having a rank 5 energize equipped(or are you using one of the ptjer good RJ frames)

DE seemed to want to put a big emphasis on the plexus but kept energy being based on frames rather than the plexus itself, which seems weird to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crew should receive certain bonuses from the intrinsic ranks of whoever owns the ship being used: i.e engineers getting forge yield increases(assuming they get the ability to use the forge), boosts  to turrets, gunners/pilots getting further heat reductions for turrets

Crew should also be able to use combat avionics in the ship owner's plexus at a long cooldown instead of using energy(double to triple the cooldown we get currently when using lavos), maybe add a toggle to disable this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes need to be made for the crew combat AI

they are great at using turrets, shooting enemies very fast and accurately

but when boarded, they quite simply CANNOT use most tenno weapons:

-they hold fire constantly, even when they shouldnt, they could be looking at enemies right in front of them/around them that ARE attacking without firing their weapons

-they often refuse to use longe range weapons at long range(i.e they only use a kuva ogris at shotgun-range)

-they make no attempt to avoid enemy fire, they'll stand still near enemies killing them, no jumping around, no defensive maneuvers, no defensive abilities

-they crouch behind small rails/slopes/near ledges on the RJ and try to fire but get their shots blocked and seemingly they dont react to their shots not connecting

-and most importantly: they have an ungodly amount of spread with most weapons, even beams that should be 100% pinpoint will visually "vibrate" cause of this weird spread, an automatic rifle? maybe u'll see 1 bullet hit outside of literal point-blank range

all of the above on top of other requested features: letting crew use artillery and forge, improving liches(by allowing them more crew roles, at least engineering, and weapon modding), allowing crew pilots to do objectives like grineer mission ship killer bases(shooting the things exposed by the away crew), allowing crew to use more weapons types(bows, gunstaves, dual secondaries, thrown weapons, arm canons)

Solo player feedback.

Using forward artillery in solo play is obnoxious. Here's the loop of what we need to do:

* Take a crew off the pilot position, if there is one.

* Position RJ over a weakpoint of corpus ship.

* Leave the pilot seat and switch to artillery to blast that point.

* Get back into the pilot seat and position RJ over another weakpoint.

* Return to the artillery once again to destroy the point.

Now imagine doing this song and dance not for 2 points, but for 6 crewships in Grineer missions, all the while we have a free crewdude just hanging around.

A couple solutions, as I see them:

1. Replace gunnery r10 (that quite a lot of people dislike even without heat gain) with the ability to use artillery from the pilot seat at least in solo play since we don't use turrets anyway, so the point is effectively wasted.

2. Add a crew position on the artillery and a way for the player to mark targets for them. (No point in having them there if they're gonna waste charges firing at fighters, as amusing as it might sound).

3. Replace the charge-gun, that artillery is, with a lock-on missile / torpedo and allow us 360d targeting from artillery position. Pathfinding needs to be better than that of the fighters, though, wasting charges on torps that just fly into rocks / props would not be fun.

Didn't know where to put it, this thread seemed the most related.

you can't Mod Lich Weapons, but you can Mod Weapons for all of the other Crew. unless Liches have some insane Level Scaling to make their native Damage pretty high, this seems like an issue.

Liches as Crew apparently have varying EHP? i've seen ranges from 8000 something to 20,000 something! why is the range so enormous? what is this even based off of? the Player has no indication that there is any variance nor what it's based on.

Crew Gunners use some of the Weapons in a strange fashion. as in, all of the Weapons at this point can shoot for quite a long while before having to worry about Heat, and yet on some Weapons the AI Gunners only fire in short periodic bursts, when they could be firing more aggressively without having to worry about Heat.

overall the AI Crew are decent enough, though. 

however, the Skill Points seems almost entirely superfluous to even have on the list, it's necessary to have the best Crew it seems but... you can get Crew with one Role maxed, and some points in Damage/Endurance. you use your few points to add some more Endurance or Damage or whatever, and that's all she wrote.
not sure some of the Ranks just being a few Skill Points changes much really, because of that. even unlocking Crew Slots more than once is maybe questionable, but i'll leave that one alone.

Edited by taiiat

Not sure if this was DE's intention for railjack/command, but gunner crew with Talyn's (especially high fire rate ones) as the side guns absolutely shred everything up until the very last node/proxima. They obliterate anything--even crewships at times--before they even have a chance to blink into existence. It's absolutely insane.