Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

4 minutes ago, Kromidko said:

Put back in the option to launch a mission on your own ship

You can.  Go to the Drydock, get on your Railjack, use the navigation terminal near the pilot's chair.  Launching missions from Navigation in your Orbiter only ever put you in your own ship if there were no existing squads to join.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kromidko said:

Put back in the option to launch a mission on your own ship i didnt build it to look at it in the dojo.

Do you mean to say that you can only launch missions from Dojo? Cause you still have the railjack elevator in your orbiter.

Available crewmembers is way too limited. I checked Ticker and not a single crewmember had a gunnery higher then 1. Guess I'll wait and see if he has a useful crewmember tomorrow...

Haven't tried a crewmember with decent gunnery yet (see above), but crewmembers feel pretty useless (Does the engineer even know how to use the forge?).

Best option for me seems to be going with 3 Liches for defense and just park the railjack.

59 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

Do you mean to say that you can only launch missions from Dojo? Cause you still have the railjack elevator in your orbiter.

No launching missions fron orbitet is same as before launching from dojo used to make you the host and the mission used your ship now the dojo navigation has the same mm as the orbiter one it doesnt matter when you launch the mission from orbiter or dojo the mm will put ypu in a game that that someone else has started if avaible and they are using their ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katinka said:

You can.  Go to the Drydock, get on your Railjack, use the navigation terminal near the pilot's chair.  Launching missions from Navigation in your Orbiter only ever put you in your own ship if there were no existing squads to join.

The one in the orbiter acts the same as the one in the dojo on the ship.

• If you are soloing a railjack mission you want 2 main things taken care for you:
    1. someone using the forward artillery to destroy crewships.
    2. Someone using the forge to top off dome charges, revoluite, and with this update, energy. 

Issue with this update is, while AI crew is a much needed addition, please allow the crew to forge, atleast one resource on command, if its complex to program them to decide what to forge. for example us commanding engineer to keep topping off energy or dome charges. Most early adopters have R10 in engineering and they have remote hazard repair unlocked, so there is no point in having a engineer crew do 'only' repair work and not forge work. 

Addressing the 1st point above, a quick run with AI crew showed some loopholes in Piloting/ gunnery. Now if you allow ai crew to pilot, sure they'll fly, but idk where are they flying what are they going for, where are they heading? they just drift about in space. So when i'm pilot, the gunner wont operate the FA, thats your main concern if you are playing solo, 2ndly if thats out of the question then you leave your piloting and sit on FA then the pilot wont line up on the crewship which would allow me to shoot the crewship with FA. What i have to do is, assign pilot to some other role, keep pilot empty and then line up the RJ and then leave the piloting and go to FA and take the shot, which is exactly what i had to do when there were no AI crew, This completely defeates the purpose of having a pilot, either let someone operate the FA or let pilots line up to crewship to take shots.

Edited by krrysis.
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, Drastic said:

Crew also can't be assigned to the cannon, which would be a nice addition down the road for solo. Maybe a 'fire now' in the tactical menu for them to cut down on them expending any dome charges foolishly (not that I'd ever miss! *cough*)

This is the biggest issue that I would have with doing Railjack solo previously. Moving between the pilot and artillery space didn't take that long, but was quite tedious.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

2. Liches need to have the ability to be selected for on call which defeats the purposeful benefit of on call if your best attacker can't be assigned as on call. 

2 hours ago, Stalker_says_hello said:

5. Liches need to have something to level up in railjack so it feels like a crew member and not some lazy hired assassin. 

6. Need a way to fire forward artillery easy as solo player since we have a crew full of idiots it would be nice to have a marker we can place and wait for a crew member to shoot that area automatically. 

These are all things that I want. It would be nice to have the option to go to Iron Wake and talk to a vendor there that trains our liches to be able to do all of the other tasks (preferably learning one at a time to not make it overwhelming)

1 hour ago, Rwvel said:

Converted Kuva Lich crews are realy useless now, no reason to use

so I think need to buff Kuva Lichs

Like possible a little traing or give orders, and possible to bring Lichs to the mission outside the railjack

I too think the liches if they are used for defending only should be able to join you when you invade enemy ships they should be able to warp to ship to kill invaders and warp to you when there are no invaders to help. You invade other ships. 

Edited by Stalker_says_hello

1 hour ago, 1777Norker said:

Available crewmembers is way too limited. I checked Ticker and not a single crewmember had a gunnery higher then 1. Guess I'll wait and see if he has a useful crewmember tomorrow...

Haven't tried a crewmember with decent gunnery yet (see above), but crewmembers feel pretty useless (Does the engineer even know how to use the forge?).

Best option for me seems to be going with 3 Liches for defense and just park the railjack.

More like 2 liches and 1 person in rank 5 repair so they can repair the ship

il y a une heure, krrysis. a dit :
  • If you are soloing a railjack mission you want 2 main things taken care for you:
    1. someone using the forward artillery to destroy crewships.
    2. Someone using the forge to top off dome charges, revoluite, and with this update, energy. 

Issue with this update is, while AI crew is a much needed addition, please allow the crew to forge, atleast one resource on command, if its complex to program them to decide what to forge. for example us commanding engineer to keep topping off energy or dome charges. Most early adopters have R10 in engineering and they have remote hazard repair unlocked, so there is no point in having a engineer crew do 'only' repair work and not forge work. 

Addressing the 2nd point above, a quick run with AI crew showed some loopholes in Piloting/ gunnery. Now if you allow ai crew to pilot, sure they'll fly, but idk where are they flying what are they going for, where are they heading? they just drift about in space. So when i'm pilot, the gunner wont operate the FA, thats your main concern if you are playing solo, 2ndly if thats out of the question then you leave your piloting and sit on FA then the pilot wont line up on the crewship which would allow me to shoot the crewship with FA. What i have to do is, assign pilot to some other role, keep pilot empty and then line up the RJ and then leave the piloting and go to FA and take the shot, which is exactly what i had to do when there were no AI crew, This completely defeates the purpose of having a pilot, either let someone operate the FA or let pilots line up to crewship to take shots.

So much this.. 

I like the command intrinsics, but I feel like competency gains aren't a good standalone reward for ranking up. I'd rather see things like letting crewmates carry multiple weapons. Also, I really like the backgrounds they added for open space, but why can't they be used in every room with windows? The observatory, the inspiration halls, the dry dock and those two gardens should also have swappable skyboxes.

• Like 1

as others have said, firing Forward Artillery via crew and crew forging HAVE to be a thing

add a slot to assign crew to FA and either let pilot mark a target(including where on the target) for a crewmate assigned to FA to shoot, or let pilot switch to FA shooting mode as long as a crewmate is assigned to FA

make repair assignment slot be "engineering" and make it encompass both forging and repair, it would be good if we could get a priority list customization for AI forging(i.e if already running a frame built for energy efficiency and generation, you dont want your forger wasting materials forging energy), as it stands having a crew on repair duty isnt much better than engineering rank 10's remote repair drones

this has to happen to ensure a smooth solo experience in RJ, crewmate pilots dont understand FA and having to let the railjack sit still to go into FA to then shoot a crewship that may have moved out of your field of view is bad

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 2

Can we get the ability to assign our crew members "secondary" roles that they do if they can't do the primary one.
For example, I have a crew member with Primary being pilot, and secondary being Gunner. When I take the pilot seat they go straight to gunner without needing me to tell them because their primary is unusable, they go to the secondary which is gunner

• Like 13

Quick feedback and suggestions.

1. Can we at least have 1 crew member available in a full player squad? Right now you are forced to go solo if you want an AI crew member.

2. Let us call our crew member to teleport to our position and follow us like a bodyguard in Railjack missions.

3. I don’t know if Converted Lich have scaling damage or not, but can you please let us mod our lich’s weapons? Regular crew members can take modded weapons, why not Liches?

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 5

Regarding Crew member Selection:

in the equip-crew-member screen all the liches are only listed with icon/name and if selected only show their model.
if you equip them, in the screen showing your current 3 crewmembers, it also shows
- weapon-name
- weapon-icon
- weapon element and element-strenght
- a details-hover with lich resistances/progenitor etc

it would be great to have all those infos also shown in the equip screen so you do not have to know all your lich stats by name (maybe in a hover where bought crew have their current skill-points displayed?)

Edited by MarshallBanana0815