Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Command Intrinsic Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Hi! Its sort of bad when hired crews expire causing us to constantly spend creds/resources to hire someone new. Also how come a lich's 

weapon makes crew members not equip same type of weapon  that doesn't belong to lich? And it would help if dorsal guns manned by a hired crew

wouldn't deplete the overheat bar, makes it hard to fire forward guns as I pilot Dorsal guns should have their own overheat bar separate from forward guns.

For that matter, at least bring back the polar coil mod (increases heat cap by 66%) with both guns using the same heat cap it depletes very fast while

enemies have no restriction at all. And the pilot flies RJ real jerky u can hardly hit anything & you can forget about lining up a shot for a crew ship. I

had to enter crew ship just to sabotage it to destroy it.

Edited by MARS_GOD_OF_WAR

At the moment , i play with my friends , so , i don't use the "standard" way for railjack crew member

but i try the level 9 , the free crewship , and is really bad for a level 9 intrinsic  

he stay 3 minutes , for 10 minutes 

is too low for stay , too long cd =/

• Like 1

Crew whom designated as pilot shouldn't be moving the railjack away when i am targeting the capitol ship's weak spot with my forward artillary after i have aligned my railjack. please program that code for the crew pilot for this task. 

• Like 3

Regarding Crew Hiring/Buying/Dismissing:

when i am at ticker in fortuna, and decide that i want to dismiss one of the earlier credit-bought crewmembers to buy one of the resource-bound crewmembers (so i don't have to buy a new crew member slot), i can not do that, but would have to hop over multiple useless loading screens and menus

if would be nice if i could manage my crew at ticker too, or even better:
bring railjack configuration into the arsenal, maybe as a button in the vehicles tab? that would make it even more accessible without the current hassle to get there.

• Like 4

Crewmembers assigned as gunners on the railjack dont currently grant any affinity or intrinsics for kills. Is this intentional or bugged?

I can understand the reasoning if the intention is to prevent semi-afk affinity farm, but I think the end result is that people will stop using gunner crew. It effectively punishes you for using them by extending the time required to grind railjack. It would also be easier to revert to the old "solo as pilot and spam abilities" method which has no affinity loss.

It also makes ranking up command intrinsic, buying and training crew largely useless for probably the main role you would want them for.

Submitted as a bug report as well in the hopes this is just a bug!

• Like 6

While not being able to test things out due to being a PS4 player I did notice something. It seems that all of the crewmember options are only syndicate members from that specific system. What about Solaris since they were also mentioned before but don't seem to be here?

While at it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to include more to the list, like Steel Meridian Grineer in the typical grineer gear(like butchers, scorpions, lancers and so on. Even the Drudge worker gear from shipyards) and Kavor gear.

Same could be said for Perrin Sequence by including Corpus crewman gear types.(most obvious difference would be the helmets with majority of them)

Crewmembers should take their post so long as there's no Tenno manning the station (and leave if a Tenno wants to use it). That way, nobody's forced to do something they don't want to and the railjack is ever uncrewed because people are more interested in ground/archwing combat than manning turrets or playing fix-it-Felix.

i hate how high the endo cost is. i used twice as much endo as i got from the dirac conversion, and i'm still only finished about 6 mods. This is ridiculous, i had a fully maxed out railjack before this, and now i cant even upgrade my mods anymore

• Like 4

hace 2 minutos, macobus dijo:

i hate how high the endo cost is. i used twice as much endo as i got from the dirac conversion, and i'm still only finished about 6 mods. This is ridiculous, i had a fully maxed out railjack before this, and now i cant even upgrade my mods anymore

Heh, welcome to the club. I was like, oh, well I had everything maxed. Free endo, I guess, but DE played us like goddamn fiddles. You thought you'd have everything maxed out? Ha! I double the levels of most mods and nerf them! Welcome to the new grind. The funniest S#&$ is that the endo I got back is only enough to level up a single mod of the ones I used to have maxed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

Heh, welcome to the club. I was like, oh, well I had everything maxed. Free endo, I guess, but DE played us like goddamn fiddles. You thought you'd have everything maxed out? Ha! I double the levels of most mods and nerf them! Welcome to the new grind. The funniest S#&$ is that the endo I got back is only enough to level up a single mod of the ones I used to have maxed. 

yeah, 30k endo for a battle avionic is ridiculous, and they ALL cost that much, or more

3 hours ago, krrysis. said:
  • If you are soloing a railjack mission you want 2 main things taken care for you:
    1. someone using the forward artillery to destroy crewships.
    2. Someone using the forge to top off dome charges, revoluite, and with this update, energy. 

I agree with the points above.

I love the idea of the Command intrinsic; honestly, I wouldn't play Railjack without it.

However, those two things could use an improvement:

1. Using forward artillery is really awkward. The gunner crew won't use it, and if you try to use it yourself, the pilot won't put the ship in position for the shot. The same issue applies to the slingshot - when you try to use it, the pilot won't focus on anything it would be good against.

2. Having to stop to use the Forge when there's already an engineer crew is annoying. Ideally, the engineers wouldn't just repair the ship, they would also forge things.

For the records, I'm against all the demands to turn liches into full companions (customizable, summonable everywhere, able to do everything). I'm satisfied with the current implementation,.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erasculio said:

I agree with the points above.

I love the idea of the Command intrinsic; honestly, I wouldn't play Railjack without it.

However, those two things could use an improvement:

1. Using forward artillery is really awkward. The gunner crew won't use it, and if you try to use it yourself, the pilot won't put the ship in position for the shot. The same issue applies to the slingshot - when you try to use it, the pilot won't focus on anything it would be good against.

2. Having to stop to use the Forge when there's already an engineer crew is annoying. Ideally, the engineers wouldn't just repair the ship, they would also forge things.

For the records, I'm against all the demands to turn liches into full companions (customizable, summonable everywhere, able to do everything). I'm satisfied with the current implementation,.

So your cool if I was at your job getting paid the same as you and you have to do all the work and I just sit and stare at you not assigned any work. Gotcha. 

Please improve the AI to actualy have it focus on the objective when there are one, if after a volitile i position the ship and forgot that ai is set to pilot, as soon as i hop in the artillery chair ai will go back to piloting and start moving the ship instead of making sure it lined up for artillery shot.

I could say the same thing happen when trying to shoot at a crew ship, ai will take back control if not removed from it and start moving making it impossible to target crew ship.

Command intrisinct was made so it would be easier to play solo or in smaller squad, but if i always need to play around with the position of the AI its defy tehe purpose.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TKDancer said:

as others have said, firing Forward Artillery via crew and crew forging HAVE to be a thing

add a slot to assign crew to FA and either let pilot mark a target(including where on the target) for a crewmate assigned to FA to shoot, or let pilot switch to FA shooting mode as long as a crewmate is assigned to FA

make repair assignment slot be "engineering" and make it encompass both forging and repair, it would be good if we could get a priority list customization for AI forging(i.e if already running a frame built for energy efficiency and generation, you dont want your forger wasting materials forging energy), as it stands having a crew on repair duty isnt much better than engineering rank 10's remote repair drones

this has to happen to ensure a smooth solo experience in RJ, crewmate pilots dont understand FA and having to let the railjack sit still to go into FA to then shoot a crewship that may have moved out of your field of view is bad

also we need crew pliots/gunners to do RJ objective in missions with away crew/RJ crew

i was expecting the AI to do this since its literally just shooting, sat waiting for 2 minutes, then i used the crew peek mechanic to find the pilot zoning out and doing nothing

So I had 60k MR from the previous trees and kept the 60k MR after the update and can now put my intrinsics into command.

Command gives me absolutely nothing by spending intrinsics on it right away.
So i'm assuming we're forced to level up all previous trees before we can obtain the new MR from the new command tree?
That's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous considering the final gunnery skill does more harm than good and I do not want it because of its downgrade to overheat which makes heat buildup 20% faster.
I don't want your downgrade,why should I have to grind to lose something just to get MR? I'd rather never lose DPS by not getting the skill.   I don't need a crutch to help aim and I most certainly don't want a penalty for having to get a aim crutch. Auto aiming isn't fun. I want to aim. I don't want the game to just play itself. Please,if you have to keep it then make it a toggle.

Everything else though is fine in regards to intrinsics in my opinion.

Edited by wizardeiges
  • Like 2

Only a couple of suggestions/wishlist so far:

• Forward Artillery - pilot NPC should be lining up if a player is in the FA cannon
  • Secondary objectives - pilot/gunner should line up to destroy radiators etc
  • Secondary role - ability to set a secondary role provided it is max rank (5 stars), attach to the respec or 3rd competency point intrinsic. If no objectives on the primary role, switches to the second role.

Consider adding a command gear wheel with associated hotkey for commanding the crew. Right now there's a lot of excessive movement - open tactical menu, figure out the right crew, click on tiny command button next to crew at bottom of screen, click on giant task button in the middle of the screen. eg: Hotkey open command wheel, select crew, select task.

• Like 3

I'm hoarding Intrinsic points until R.10 for Command is available, with any extra going towards the other normal paths. Yes, I'd like to put all of my points back to what they were pre-refund, but I've been waitin' for Command R.10 since the path was initially announced way back when! Since the points are all pooled again, might as well, eh?

R.10 idea: +1 competency rank (for a max of 6!), +1 competency point, Liches can be used anywhere.

Hello! Thanks for the great update.

After playing the whole day until now since the update, I finally got a feedback to give about Command.

• Engineer and Gunner NPCs are surprisingly reliable. They can handle their own on if you have the right gear. They are better than random players, which is awesome!
  • NPC generation is weird. Why put NPCs with 8 point totals and 10 point totals in Ticker? The cost difference isn't even noteworthy. Would be better if all of them had a sum of 10 points.
  • Lich is useless right now. An engineer with a strong weapon does better than a Lich, plus they repair the ship. What if Lichs had their own Crewship, instead of staying in our railjack? They are meant to be leaders after all. Would be rad!
  • Not only Liches are worthless... The Defender role is pointless, because Engineers can fight too, and also repair your ship.
  • Quality of Life: When a player tries to get into a Turret or the Pilot seat, make the NPC exit it! Players must have priority!
  • When we get to the main Corpus Proxima objective, the NPCs are useless. Why can't they go with you to the main objective, since the railjack will be invincible anyway?
  • Customization: Ephemeras!

Thank you once again for the love put in this update. It has been a while since I just couldn't stop playing Warframe. :) I'm already 10 10 10 10 9 in Intrinsics!

Hello DE

The command intrinsic is a great addition and I think it fits well. I love all the aspects of it, the only thing that I feel could benefit this system is if you are busy destroying the missile silo or whatever the away crew needs to do, the ship crew should prioritize shooting the reactors from the outside. I find it very tedious to have a full crew but still need to teleport back and forth just to do what my crew should be able to do.