Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Railjack Intrinsics 2.0 Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Kuva Liches being unable to pilot, repair, or man the guns makes no #*!%ing sense. I recruited a Grineer grunt from the Steel Meridian, and she can do everything. Her dialogue is amazing, talking about her time in the Grineer war machine while she pilots my Railjack. As it stands right now, my former Grineer grunt can man every station on the Railjack, yet my Kuva Lich can't even talk?

I have to assume this is because of some kind of lack of development bandwidth, because this doesn't even make sense in the context of the game itself, let alone being a major feature advertised about Kuva Liches in the past.

Edited by Sitchrea
  • Like 10

Allow crew to use forge.

Double tap blink seems to not work sometimes, maybe swap it for double shift and use it as it is with archwing.

Allow to set crewmember on "follow" which will allow him to get out of railjack and join us on a mission when going onto crewships or to defend/destroy something.

For gunnery i'd suggest swapping out last perk for bullet magnet mechanic (instead of snapping your aim and breaking your finger from spamming it) make it automatically curve our shoots/lasers(change how they work basically) and allow for a few degrees of missiong so this way enemies will work kind of as magnet once we have this perk. That way we get our autoaim without downside of additional work to do and kind of tedious at it.

• Like 3

vor einer Stunde schrieb Sitchrea:

Kuva Liches being unable to pilot, repair, or man the guns makes no #*!%ing sense. I recruited a Grineer grunt from the Steel Meridian, and she can do everything. Her dialogue is amazing, talking about her time in the Grineer war machine while she pilots my Railjack. As it stands right now, my former Grineer grunt can man every station on the Railjack, yet my Kuva Lich can't even talk?

I have to assume this is because of some kind of lack of development bandwidth, because this doesn't even make sense in the context of the game itself, let alone being a major feature advertised about Kuva Liches in the past.

All the above PLUS Liches can't be removed/switched out unless you trade them to another player???

I just equipped all 3 slots with liches that can't do sh** and i am stuck with them now unless i give them away??

This needs to be changed immediately!

Just put in the option to switch crew members as well as liches the way you need/want it. Who even thought that would be a great idea?

Edit: didn't see the "equip" button since it is most of the time overlayed by the info window when hovering over the liches/crew members name. Maybe the UI needs some change.

Many thanks @Vit0Corleone

Edited by Ello92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ello92 said:

I just equipped all 3 slots with liches that can't do sh** and i am stuck with them now unless i give them away??

Go talk to Ticker in Fortuna and hire crew members. They are very cheap.

Then you can assign those crew members, replacing how many liches you want.

The gunnery rank 9 intrinsic Flush Heat Sinks that allows you to dump heat by pressing reload doesnt work on controller since the reload button and the get out of the gun button are the same and it isnt possible to bind reload to a button in the railjack config since the guns dont normally reload. I could probably just rebind the enter/exit button but I feel like this needs to be addressed prior to console release

• Like 4

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have shared this feedback with Dev already but the way the new 'Flush Heat Sinks' perk on Rank 9 works + this heat accretion is something we want players to try over the weekend before we change. 

But the optimal approach is to stop at intrinsic 8 since 10 is something most don’t want, and 9 is just a patch for 10’s penalty.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dexxik666 said:

BUT IMPORTANT IS THAT PEOPLE CAN BUY RAILJACK WITH PLATINUM, RIGHT?

Bro buggy updates has always been a thing, and DE askes for the least compared to all other games.

With the way they have things set up, its hard for them to catch every bug until its been released. Greed has nothing to do with it at all..., it hurts the money they make more than the latter would

Nop, cant agree with you. They tested it, they have seen how broken it is and they intentionaly released it.

What they did isnt nice. They also bluntly lied and acted like its working week ago. And I didnt mean some old bugs which are in game for years, I mean new bugs.

They didnt rework whole game, but they ruined what was working -> they created those bugs

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Dexxik666 said:

Nop, cant agree with you. They tested it, they have seen how broken it is and they intentionaly released it.

What they did isnt nice. They also bluntly lied and acted like its working week ago. And I didnt mean some old bugs which are in game for years, I mean new bugs.

They didnt rework whole game, but they ruined what was working -> they created those bugs

What youre saying doesnt disprove what i said. This talk has happened before, theyve told us that they can only see so much before release so from there end, "good" can only mean so much till their setup has changed 

Prehaps them not acting like the update is going to work right would help everyone not feel so let down, ill give you that, but as far as them knowing the bugs it's their setup. It isnt the best for detection

1 hour ago, Zenaris1337 said:

Ok just wanted to do "beacon shield ring" mission for railjack. The mission works fine, but the final thing you need to do to keep the core at a certain temperature is WAY to hard. i tried 3 times, and failed 3 times.

well yea its their setup and ignorance... They are able to test it on different machines when they know this. But they dont even care. Have you ever seen them apologize for this?

1 hour ago, Dexxik666 said:

well yea its their setup and ignorance... They are able to test it on different machines when they know this. But they dont even care. Have you ever seen them apologize for this?

Yes, they have apologized for having the inability to fully check for all the bugs upon release of their updates. It was said during the same stream that they told us about their setup not being good enough 

And yes, i think they care about it because they care about us. Look at how involved they are with us and how often they listen. They obviously cant please everybody's needs but it's unquestionable that they try.

I cant comment on ignorance however. All i know is, if they knew of a way to get rid of these bugs before release, they would. Seriously, the bugs get fixed within a few weeks of an update! They likely feel too that delaying updates to iron out those bugs would do nothing but benefit them. I mean they know after all these years of our complaining that we would be more than happy to wait the 2-3weeks it usually takes them to fix bugs, before we get the update AND it puts more money in their pocket too as players will be cheering instead of complaing which brings more attention ($$$) to the game as opposed to fear (💀💀💀), since players who play a game often talk about it acting as unpaid advertisers that can boost or sabotage a game's growth rate

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Yes, they have apologized for having the inability to fully check for all the bugs upon release of their updates. It was said during the same stream that they told us about their setup not being good enough 

And yes, i think they care about it cause they care about us. Look at how involved they are with us and how often they listen. They obviously cant please everybody's needs but it's unquestionable that they try.

I cant comment on ignorance however. All i know is, if they knew of a way to get rid of these bugs before release, they would. Seriously, the bugs get fixed within a few weeks of an update! Delaying updates to iron out those bugs would do nothing but benefit them. They know after all these years of our complaining that we would be more than happy to wait the 2-3weeks it usually takes them to fix bugs, before we get the update. Puts more money in their pocket too as players cheering instead of complaing would bring more attention ($$$) to the game.

Their desire is there. They just either dont know how to accomplish it, dont have the resources, or it simply cant be done yet with this type of game specifically.

Somewhat this is reminds me of anthem

Edited by Dexxik666

Need to be able to store more revolite right now major breach uses 100 rego which is max revo 1 person can hold it used to use 20 revo before update to patch a hole. Heck we used to be able to carry I think 500 revo because of a mod but it doesn't exist anymore. And major breach happens every 5 secs. 

• Like 6

The new Intrinsics seem mostly good, and I definitely feel like I'm more interested in a lot of them than I was before. It feels like there's a much better balance between the columns.

The things I don't like:

1. I want to echo everyone else about the Rank 10 Reflex Aim. Unless it can be turned off, I never want an upgrade that comes with a downside. As it stands, I'm probably just never going to take it. If the snap is so powerful that it needed more heat to balance it, then make the snap less powerful or replace the intrinsic.

2. The Fast Travel within vessel from Rank 3 of Tactical feels even worse than before. It really is the worst of both worlds: it's simultaneously not very useful because the ship is so small (even smaller now!), but also it's undeniably the fastest way to get around the ship so everyone ends up using it instead of moving around the ship. The hallmark of Warframe is the movement system, and Railjack is supposed to be about combining the strengths of Warframe's systems. It is mind-boggling that one of the unlocks rewards you for ignoring the movement system, ignoring the lovely ship interior, and moving around via a menu instead. It makes the ship feel less real (like a series of stations rather than a cohesive whole), makes the game less cohesive, wastes Warframe's best feature, and doesn't even feel rewarding since it's so unnecessary!

If I had one single wish for Railjack, it would be to see "Fast Travel within vessel" gone so I could move around the ship, and actually enjoy the turducken without knowing I'm playing suboptimally because it would be faster to just move around the ship with a menu instead. That's an awful feeling, and by far my least favorite part of Railjack.

Edit: Also, one small thing - it's still extremely weird and unintuitive that Intrinsics are under Profile in the Esc menu. They really ought to go somewhere else, or just be removed from the menu entirely, which would be fine now that you can access them from the console in the Orbiter.

Edited by Modus-Pwnens
  • Like 3

I have mentioned, on the Command intrinsic thread, that using the forward artillery or the slingshot is very awkward. If you're the pilot with a gunner crew, they won't use the artillery. If you're trying to use the artillery or the slingshot and there's a pilot crew, the pilot won't position the ship correctly for you to take a shot.

IMO, the simplest solution here would be to give us a gunnery intrinsic that allows us to fire the artillery and the slingshot in 360 degrees, just like the turrets. It would solve the issue of using them while the pilot crew is driving the ship, and would be a much simpler solution than creating a way for us to command the pilot to keep facing a specific ship.

• Like 5

So I had 60k MR from the previous trees and kept the 60k MR after the update and can now put my intrinsics into command.

Command gives me absolutely nothing by spending intrinsics on it right away.
So i'm assuming we're forced to level up all previous trees before we can obtain the new MR from the new command tree?
That's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous considering the final gunnery skill does more harm than good and I do not want it because of its downgrade to overheat which makes heat buildup 20% faster.
I don't want your downgrade,why should I have to grind to lose something just to get MR? I'd rather never lose DPS by not getting the skill.

Everything else though is fine in regards to intrinsics in my opinion.

• Like 1

Any way to make Command Crew target things like Radiators when you expose them?

Additional:

The Gunnery Rank 10 bonus.

Can you add a toggle function that we can turn on and off during combat?

Binding option to keyboard or controller listed in Railjack controller options.

Edited by Teliko_Freedman
additional
  • Like 2

Can we replace rank 10 Gunnery with something like:

• Can fire artillery from the pilot/gunner seat with a seperate key (default is our melee key, or maybe our 'hold-to-equip-melee' key)
  • Firing artillery from the artillery seat charges up faster (so there is still incentive to use the artillery seat in cases where piloting/gunnery aren't a priority)

This would greatly improve the solo experience IMO and avoid complains about the current rank 10 Gunnery

Edited by ImWithDerp
  • Like 2

Suggestion for 10th rank Gunnery Intrinsics changes:  

[Master Gunner]

- Enables 'slaving' Tunguska Cannon controls to Pilot controls. Hold X to change from normal turret to Tunguska Cannon control; changing modes will lock you from changing back for 3 seconds. 

By far the most wanted upgrade and the easiest to perform. The action of firing the front cannon breaks the fluidity of the RJ combat, why not remedy that?

[Cy's Assistance] 

- Enables 'lock-on square' on toggling aim mode. Keeping your reticle on the enemy entering the circled portion of the screen for 3 seconds will lock on to the targeted enemy as long as you keep them inside the secondary targeting square, just like actual fighter planes targeting system.

It's far better than the forced lock-on mode, since it won't shift your view abruptly, not to mention it's balanced in both risk and reward (you need to actually chase around enemies to get a proper lock-on, so it makes dogfights enjoyable and not 'hold target, burst enemy, change to next enemy while rotating in same position'.)

[Voidclad Armaments]

- Enables 'supercharged fire' mode. Tap the fire button twice rapidly to enter supercharged fire: with 1 energy per second consumption, projectiles will be shot at 150% velocity, do 100% more damage at cost of 50% more heat accretion per shot. Overheating in this mode will take 5 seconds instead of usual 3, and after cooldown complete the guns' performance will drop by 20% for limited time. Supercharged fire can also be applied to front artillery to boost the damage, but at cost of more charging time and 30 seconds cooldown between shots (not that this matters with the new regeneration mechanics...) 

Basically Exalted Mode for RJ using the base stats of your currently equipped turret. High risk, high reward. Useful in bursting down crewship weakparts and POI, and more importantly, saves you a Dome Charge should you encounter a tanky crewship.

Edited by (NSW)RATHURUE
  • Like 2