Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Railjack Intrinsics 2.0 Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

I got rank 10 gunnery today and quickly regretted my decision.

If adding a toggle to rank 10 gunnery isn't possible, can we at least get the ability to reset intrinsics for those of us that made a mistake, like getting rank 10 in gunnery in my case?

I feel like I made a terrible mistake that I cannot undo since I don't really use the snapping mechanic to begin with, and so I'm just left with all my Railjack guns being permanently downgraded.

😞

• Like 12

2 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

So I had 60k MR from the previous trees and kept the 60k MR after the update and can now put my intrinsics into command.

Command gives me absolutely nothing by spending intrinsics on it right away.
So i'm assuming we're forced to level up all previous trees before we can obtain the new MR from the new command tree?
That's absolutely hilarious and ridiculous considering the final gunnery skill does more harm than good and I do not want it because of its downgrade to overheat which makes heat buildup 20% faster.
I don't want your downgrade,why should I have to grind to lose something just to get MR? I'd rather never lose DPS by not getting the skill.

Everything else though is fine in regards to intrinsics in my opinion.

IIRC, the MR comes from the intrinsic points, not from how you allocate them.

You could have 0 allocated points on all and it wouldn't affect your MR at all.

If you haven't capped the intrinsic points, you can keep grinding and that *should* allow you to milk a bit more MR until you max it out.

( this is how it's supposed to work, unless something changed that I'm not aware - I've been away for ~9 months )

Now that stamina is gone, it feels weird to have two levels of boost (boost and drift).  Maybe pare it down to just one boost level, and replace drifting with something that impacts flight more, like reverse blink.

The new flush heatsink ability is great, especially with Zetki weapons, and especially now that I don't have polar coil anymore lol.  It adds some more though to gunning.

Necramech buffs are nice, though their use cases are still pretty limited.

• Like 1

Currently rank 9 in gunnery, flush heat sinks, doesn't function if you have context action to reload enabled. It only works as intended if you have a unique keybind for reload. I had to move around a bunch of bindings to make it work and remap my mouse. A hassle, but anyone using a controller likely wouldn't be able to make it work at all.

• Like 6

The Drift Maneuver camera shake needs to be toned down, a lot.  It slams the camera position to the limit so hard it stays there for half a second before centering and makes it kinda hard to see what I am doing.  If I had a choice, I'd turn it off and just watch the environment and the vector field for speed and direction.   Like Blink: has little VFX to the pilot.

The Drift Maneuver still locks out pilot weapons.  It should disengage the same way Boost does.

Do NOT HIDE the reticle while boosting or maneuvering.  I don't care what my weapon status is, I need to see it to line up shots.  Change its color or shape, anything but a fadeout, PLEASE.

Blink distance should scale with RJ speed or just go farther.  It is far too short considering a Drift Maneuver covers a competitive distance as far as I can tell.  I actually missed it the first time I triggered it.  Note my RJ is fast.  I think it also needs its own key cause I press UP to go UP, not forward.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have shared this feedback with Dev already but the way the new 'Flush Heat Sinks' perk on Rank 9 works + this heat accretion is something we want players to try over the weekend before we change. 

In case this has not been said before.

The problem with Rank 10 is not really that is has a downside, is that the aim-snapping, the main feature, is already undesirable, and then we got an additional downside on top of it.

• Like 4

EDIT: As pointed out by DrivaMain below, my understanding of this was incorrect. In testing it looks like crew members copy your Plexus Aura mod. So if solo you effectively get 4x whatever Aura mod you had chosen. The most obvious way to test this was using the Ironclad aura, and seeing it boost your hull and shield by 4x the stated amount.

That's basically what I wanted and it looks like that exists so... this post is unecessary! Apologies for incorrect feedback. I can't however find any mention of this in patch notes?

Feedback still stands that I would prefer a standalone heat capacity mod as opposed to it being limited to an Aura mod only.

Previous post - was discussing the loss of Polar Coil and that a single Orgone Matrix does not return weapons to old heat capacity stats. However playing solo with 3 crew equipped boosts your Aura to 4x its stated value, making your heat capacity actually higher than with the old Polar Coil.

Edited by CoreWolf
Incorrect information
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, CoreWolf said:

On a tangent to that discussion of Auras - moving some RJ stats to the "Aura" mod now feels like a nerf when solo. Suggestion would be to allow equipping an Aura mod on your Railjack Command crew. For balance it could be a slightly nerfed version, e.g. functions at 50% of a normal Tenno Aura.

I thought crew members mimic your plexus slots? I am playing solo with 2 regular Crew using the health aura mod my Railjack has 11k HP. Going pub however, The results are mixed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Anthem and Warframe are nothing alike. Unlike Warframe, Anthem is abandoned by it's developer.

Be patient, wait for hotfixes if you can't stand the bugs.

but attitude of representatives, same as one moderator is exactly same.

• Like 1

The menu for levelling up Intrinsics is buggy. You can only click on Intrinsics cards if on the side with the Intrinsic number (so you can't look at the Intrinsics description while clicking) and the Intrinsics card you clicked locks itself thereafter. You have to mouse-off, then mouse-over again to level up an Intrinsic a second time. The menu seems to make a card "clickable" under needlessly specific and buggy-seeming Event conditions. Both sides of an Intrinsics card should be clickable, and the clickable status of a card shouldn't reset when clicked. If there's a need to prevent accidental double-clicks, handle this in the on click event itself.

The new Ship Teleport UI with the sideways Railjack interior map is pretty neat. It's a damn sight better than the old sliding map which would hide itself behind other UI elements. However, ship waypoints still lack tooltips. Mousing over every waypoint just brings up the tooltip "Teleport." Yes, I know I'm teleporting, but where am I teleporting TO? Is this the Archwing Slingshot, the Forge or some random spot elsewhere on the ship? These waypoints need to be labelled.

Also, can we please move the Helm teleport waypoint to tactual helm console, rather than on the other side of the Navigation console? All this accomplishes is requiring me to either navigate around or jump across the Nav console any time I want to fly my ship. There's no benefit to that waypoint being there. The Navigation Console is used exactly once per mission and the Forward Artillery is used far, FAR less frequently than the Helm.

Rank 10 Gunnery having a downside just feels bad. You go through all that intrinsic farming just to get faster heat buildup as your ultimate reward.

You can keep the reticle snapping. Just get rid of the negative effect. Hell, add a positive effect on it instead.

• Like 3

In regards to Gunnery rank 10 and Command:

• Consider swapping Gunnery rank 10 for the suggestion of allowing the use of forward artillery from the pilot seat. This is one of the most suggested changes and it not only solves the Gunnery rank 10 issue, it also helps alleviate one of the main problems people have with the Command intrinsic, being that forward artillery is not well-integrated into the AI crew (pilot won't point towards targets, gunner AI cannot use forward artillery)
  • Alternatively, consider allowing the use of both forward artillery and the archwing slingshot in 360 degrees similar to turrets.

Please keep this in mind, this is a perfect chance to solve two of the biggest issues/requests concerning both Gunnery and Command intrinsics with one single change.

I will repost this in the Command intrinsic feedback thread since it is partially relevant to it as well. Now off to another session to gather more feedback!

• Like 1

The new Intrinsics 2.0 seems to work pretty well for me. The one change that I'm struggling to grapple with is the inability to shoot and blow up Tether. I completely recognize that the change was most likely intentional because that ability was very powerful. I understand from a game design perspective that if one ability becomes used by the majority of players, and the other abilities don't get used, it indicates a balance problem. I also understand that you increased the strength of other abilities (like Seeker Volley) to make them more effective. I think I just really liked "Use Tether, Shoot Tether, Repeat until Mission Cleared" (I do miss Gian Point).

hello before returning on his point I will prescribe that (I am MR 30 with good equipment and Railjack so i wouldn't talk about difficulty problem)

- Tactical
level 2 (use of the power of the warframe in the Railjack) seems to me of little use, especially since the non-warframe crew have no power.

- Piloting
the levels 10 (teleportation) is too short with a very small cooldown would be better if it was the opposite large with a large spare time.

- Gunnery
level 3 (catapult) I am not able to fit into the corpus trensporteur nor in the bigspaceship. it's normal ?

- Engineering
it would be necessary to add in its levels of the increase in the number of calamity ammunition, main part and to be able to start the mission with full energy (as before the overhaul).
  • Like 1

As i am typing this i have almost 4,500 hours of playtime and i have barely posted anything on the forums. I am doing so now out of sheer annoyance with "Gunnery rank 10" unlock.
i was fine with it being a gunner, but it now triggers as a pilot? every single time i have tried to aim and fire while moving i have missed every. singe. shot.

if i could reset the points a 2nd time i would not level up gunnery to rank 10 until this almost "down grade" of a skill is replaced with something else or reworked.

as for everything else in the other skill trees: good job DE works great.

• Like 3

Engineer lost relevance to be in rank 10 because when the damage is electric we can’t repair things and the red screen that appears blocking our view further hinders. Please change that. Electrical damage should only affect frontal artillery, shields, etc. engineer rank 10 should be suitable for all types of repairs or the last passive loses relevance and importance.

• Like 4

-Piloting 7: necramech speed +10% - feel like should be merged in with r8's upgrade (+20% archwing speed), and we get something new for r7.  Necramech speed +10% is pretty underwhelming as an upgrade on its own.

-Gunnery 5: necramech gun damage increase- I assume this is meant to be archguns as that's what necramechs use, and as such I assume this would benefit use in necramechs, archwings, and heavy weapon deployment? If it doesn't, then it sure as heck should.  Also I assume that the Artillery Cannon going to be available for use any time regardless of intrinsic rank now? (i forgot to test this prior to respecing my intrinsics)

-Gunnery 10: lock on + added heat cost - permanent "upgrades" should not have negative side-effects - personally i wouldn't mind if this entire upgrade was changed to something completely different as I dont find the lock on all that useful and even interruptive at times, especially with certain weapons that require you to lead shots more.  And I get wanting players to test Flush Heat Sinks out, but no, having this r9 ability does not justify having a negative effect on a r10 ability.

-Engineering 2: 50% reduction for air support cooldown - nice, if more air support types were worth using - most of them are in some serious need of buffs/changes.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime
  • Like 6

My two issues are gunnery 10 and  piloting 6. Piloting 6 just feels like a detriment if I am farming boarding parties  for whatever reason and it doesnt help much if I have in-game audio on at all (since you can just avoid the sleds altogether)

For gunnery 10, plenty of people have already said (even before the update) that the jank hijacking of our aim PLUS the extra heat cost makes this not worth using at all. I understand you wanted us to test it over the weekend, but I think your test pool is going to be rather small with how many will outright avoid gunnery 10 ("like the plague" as one may say).

Edited by ShadeOhNiner
  • Like 5

I think Gunnery Rank 10 is fairly well balanced considering how powerful Gunnery rank 9 is.  20 percent extra heat is fairly trivial when you can press the reload button to dump all weapon heat in half a second and continue shooting.  Reflex aim only snaps to nearest target when you aim down sights and it only works with weapons that give you a leading target reticule. I find it works as intended and makes it so you can actually shoot fighters down when they are at a weapon's maximum effective range. 

Though I would like to see a little better balance between railjack skills and weapons, since now I just use use ship weapons instead of skills.  Which is a 180 flip from before the railjack update, where I would use railjack skills over weapons.  I can understand the reason to make skills tied to warframe energy so that one gunner doesn't just drain all the energy and use all the ordinance, but find it makes me just not use skills now as it's pretty confusing not knowing if I have enough energy or not.

Having finished all of the Corpus Nodes and reached Rank 8 with most and Rank 9 with Gunnery and Command.

Tactical:

• I don't notice anything missing or anything more than Pre-New-Railjack.
  • Mechs in Railjack is nice to have, looking forward to it becoming "Mechs in any Mission".
  • Join Warp remains to be one of the most tantalizing Rank 10s.

Piloting: 

• Movement feels better, but it has to do with the Stamina removal.
  • Boosted Scavenger's Vacuum Range increase is really nice. It marking "Hidden Derelicts" is also nice, but I haven't played enough Grineer Railjack after the Update to notice if it also marks these Infested Derelicts over there. If not, please fix.
  • Railjack Blink skyrocketed my interest for Piloting's Rank 10 from "whatever, I'll get to it eventually" to "I want it asap".

Gunnery:

• I don't notice anything missing or anything more than Pre-New-Railjack, up until Rank 9.
  • Flush Heat Sinks is great, and I haven't even tried it out on the most heat producing guns. It could easily be the Rank 10 Gunnery Avionic.
  • I don't get why Reflex Aim has a downside. That's going to be the last Rank I unlock, if I ever unlock it.

Engineering:

• I don't notice anything missing or anything more than Pre-New-Railjack.
  • Rapid Support is nice to have, I guess, but I don't think many people use or will start using their Air Support. What if it also reduced the Archwing Deployer Cooldowns?
  • Anastasis is the second least important Rank 10 to me. It's not bad, it just doesn't feel like an impressive capstone for the Engineering Intrinsics.
    • Crew can fix Hazards when you're away.
    • Tactical Mods can fix and stall Hazards when you're away.
    • If on full Squad: Someone will stay in the ship. If no one does, Tactical 4 will get you back to the Railjack, you'll fix the issue and then Tactical 10 will get you back to your Squad.

Command feedback is in the Command Megathread.

Overall I'm happy with the changes and additions, but there's plenty of room for improvement.

There only a few noteworthy changes i'd like to mention:

Gunnery Intrinsic
- Rank 10 provides aim-assist but comes with a "penalty" on overheating. I personally refrain from reaching that rank since i'd rather manually target enemies than having that penalty.

Intrinsic UI
- Rotating the Railjack map now prevents parts of it from being hidden under the top or bottom panel. Although, since now the interior is smaller, it may not be necessary, but i'm nitpicking.
- All Teleport target points in the map have the "Teleport" label. It may be interesting to add the location, specially for the Forge and Slingshot as they are two levels apart.
- Forge UI now only relate to the player, so it's difficult to know when it is pertinent to forge something for someone else.

Edited by maycne.sonahoz
  • Like 2

On 2021-03-20 at 12:30 PM, DrivaMain said:

I thought crew members mimic your plexus slots? I am playing solo with 2 regular Crew using the health aura mod my Railjack has 11k HP. Going pub however, The results are mixed.

Thank you for pointing that out. I tested and you are correct, your Aura applies with 4x the stated stats if you're solo with 3 crew members.

I'm not sure if I missed this in patch notes somewhere or undocumented. Either way, it's what I wanted so looks like they did think this through 🙂

I'll have to do some testing to see how it interacts with other players. I'd expect you get your Aura, plus any remaining crew copy your Aura, and then you get whatever Aura other players are using. But sounds like it may be off.

Edited by CoreWolf

On 2021-03-20 at 12:06 PM, Tahoma said:

In case this has not been said before.

The problem with Rank 10 is not really that is has a downside, is that the aim-snapping, the main feature, is already undesirable, and then we got an additional downside on top of it.

Preach.
The issue is not the downside itself (which, admittedly, shouldn't be a thing if we can't toggle the upgrades off and on), but that I absolutely hate the aim snap with a burning passion - it disrupts my efforts more than it ever helps, making it a downside, with another downside on top of it.

Give me a toggle if you don't want to change it, so I can get the mastery and move on, or just throw the whole aim snap concept away and replace it with something else.
The +20% faster heat accretion is, in essence, the final nail in the coffin (as I've stated before), not the only one.

• Like 1

On 2021-03-19 at 4:44 PM, Wiz3rd said:

Let us disable the effect / remove the downside of turret heat on rank 10 gunnery.

It's another Void Radiance situation - I'm not gonna rank it up to 10 since most of the time I find the aim snap annoying, making it overheat my guns faster is the final nail in the coffin.

You do realize that Rank 9 (the one before it) lets you instantly REMOVE ALL HEAT by holding down R  for 0.5s right?

This is a direct upgrade to what we had before lol