Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Missions & Points of Interest Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

I don't really get the point of the constant electrical procs during the jamming drones POI. If you could do something about it, hack a console to turn it off for 15 seconds or something, then it would add to the gameplay by giving you additional objectives. But it's just kinda there, for no apparent reason. When I first did that POI type I figured it was some kind of bug, due to the lack of any in-game reference to it. Why is it there? Is it some kind of Corpus countermeasure? Is it some kind of effect from Cy's hacking? What's going on?

I'm guessing it's there to add more "challenge", but random procs aren't challenging, they're just an unavoidable, confusing annoyance. A challenge is something you can overcome somehow. These electrical procs, you just put up with until it's time to leave. Do something more interesting with them—like I said, add console tertiary objectives that can disable them, or tie them to a specific enemy that can be destroyed, or something. Even just having Cy say "sorry about zapping you, the data transfer is blah blah voltage blah whatever" would at least give the procs a reason to exist. Don't just spam electrical procs and call it a mission type.

Edited by motorfirebox
  • Like 1

I'm a solo-only player and playing volatile has been an incredibly frustrating experience for me. 

Engineers and pipes spawning on opposite ends of the room. <- this sucks but if given enough warning i'm ok
Super delayed indicators only appearing within seconds of mission failures, often with the aforementioned engineer/pipe split occurring. <- this usually results in mission failure

• Like 2

Gunnery 9 is difficult to make use of on controllers (this applies to all platforms) because it can only be triggered with the reload button map, and not context action. It seems context action was intended to work too (at least I would hope so since plain reload isn't on controllers by default) but was just overlooked probably. There's not convenient way to map just reload in general controls for controller, and anything in the railjack configuration mapped on the same button overides it.

Turret reload should probably have its own separate mapping option in the railjack control configuration.

as it stands, if you're using controller you ether have to remap your controller in a convoluted way to fit reload on there somewhere, or gunnery 9 is effectively just blank.

Players really shouldn't be required to remap their controls to get a basic function of the game to work

• Like 1

Losing flux energy was a mistake. It feels counterintuitive and clunky that my high-tech ship cannot generate the energy needed to use its own systems - the pilot should never have to leave the helm just to be able to power up the ship's systems! My engineer can't make new energy for me at the forge, I have to go do it myself, or drop pads, or Zenurik dash, instead of actually flying the ship. It's also made being the ship's engineer pretty lame. I used to ENJOY dashing around making sure everyone had ammo and flux. As a pilot, i massively appreciated having an effective engineer. Now it's all personal energy and ammo it just feels less involved and more watered down. 

I loved Railjack before the update, but the Corpus version feels horrible to me - if I'm doing a Railjack mission, I want to be doing Railjack stuff. I've got the starchart for starchart game modes. As it stands now, my RJ is a glorified taxi. 

Oh, and that corpus space defence tile is awful for defence missions. Okay for interception, baaaaad for defence. Poor lines of sight, bad for mobility with criss-crossing walkways above your head if you're on the lower level, enemies trickling in one or two at a time or getting stuck at the far ends of the corridors leading to the defence point... it needs a bit of an overhaul IMO.

• Like 3

Now that console players have access to the new Railjack missions, I understand what people meant when they were talking about it feeling like a "Taxi"; it's sort of like you do a Railjack mission, and then you do a "normal" mission, and I do understand the (unintended) vibe that it feels like two disparate things were tacked together.  That said, I think that the Call of the Tempestarii quest was a great example of how this can be done right, because it felt like I was getting the "intended" Railjack experience, with Railjack missions seamlessly flowing into foot-based missions and then back to Railjack, etc.  It really felt like I was in the universe, and that if I needed to go somewhere or do something, everything was connected.  How am I getting there?  Railjack.  How am I leaving?  Railjack?  I'm doing Railjack fights and something needs to be done on-foot?  Let's go in.  It's done?  Let's go back out again.  In this way, the Railjack sort of felt like a traveling home, something I was always attached to, something I would always return to.  It was great! 

I realize this can't be perfectly replicated for normal content, as normal missions shouldn't be nearly as long or involved or scripted as a quest.  So with that in mind, if (for example) you want to have a Railjack mission where you do Railjack stuff and then do a Defense mission, my suggestion would be to not end the mission at the Defense part.  After Defense is over, have there be a post-Defense Railjack mission that needs to be done to escape the base or whatever.  That way the entire experience is bookended by Railjack.  (Right now, leaving the on-foot area to go back to the Railjack just seems like an extra step because there's nothing to do but leave and outer-space seems dead).

Thanks for all the hard work!  Railjack just keeps coming together and getting better, and it feels like it's almost there!

3 hours ago, (XBOX)DS Monkfish said:

Losing flux energy was a mistake. It feels counterintuitive and clunky that my high-tech ship cannot generate the energy needed to use its own systems - the pilot should never have to leave the helm just to be able to power up the ship's systems! My engineer can't make new energy for me at the forge, I have to go do it myself, or drop pads, or Zenurik dash, instead of actually flying the ship. It's also made being the ship's engineer pretty lame. I used to ENJOY dashing around making sure everyone had ammo and flux. As a pilot, i massively appreciated having an effective engineer. Now it's all personal energy and ammo it just feels less involved and more watered down.

Supposedly the forge still restocks everyone. there's just 0 feedback on it because you cant see people's individual ammo supplies.

Making railjack ammo be per-player I think was an important change as nothing was more infuriating than an incompetent or trolly gunner unloading all of your resources into the void. but we should be able to see all of our team's individual stocks so engineers can do their job... assuming it actually does restock everyone.

the energy is a seperate issue but one with a sollution that should've just been the answer from the beginning. Do exactly the same thing here that they did with ammo. Flux was a pretty well balanced system, its only problem was that other players could spam a useless ability and blow it all in half a second. If they wanted to reduce ability spam just have ability cooldowns on top of flux energy.

I almost never say anything should be nerfed in this game but, Flux by itself is too good for it's capability to spam abilities relentlessly, and cooldowns alone are too good for being pretty much outright free. I wouldn't be happy if lavos' cooldowns were added across the board ether in their current state or made longer. But I think having them for the railjack on top of flux energy would be the perfect balance. Not free, not spammable, but cheap and not too constrained.

As it is right now lavos is basically the only useable pilot because of the frustrating energy management of every other frame and that's really S#&amp;&#036;. Hildren has her own unique flavor of issues with her system. mainly the ability cost escalates unreasonably fast and goes back down unreasonably slow.

Needing to build our frame around being an energy generator to be an effective railjack pilot (or just be lavos) is way too limiting.

If DE is reading this, this is NOT because lavos is too good and his interaction with the railjack needs to be nerfed. This is because using the player's equipped warframe's energy system for something entirely different is inherently flawed and unbalanced, because each warframe's energy systems are balanced around their individual skill sets. Trying to plug them all in to the same socket is like trying to run electronics off battery's that are the wrong size. lavos in this instance is just the correct battery.

Plugging a warframe's energy into necramechs would have exactly the same issues. It's beyond absurd they ever thought it would even remotely be a good idea.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, GP_CoJo said:

I'm a solo-only player and playing volatile has been an incredibly frustrating experience for me. 

Engineers and pipes spawning on opposite ends of the room. <- this sucks but if given enough warning i'm ok
Super delayed indicators only appearing within seconds of mission failures, often with the aforementioned engineer/pipe split occurring. <- this usually results in mission failure

This wouldn't be such a big issue if the heat point between progressing the mission and near instant failure wasn't so small. If the heat caps and you're not already aiming at the pipe it's pretty much over. and near the end of it there's less than 20 seconds between the heat gauge progressing the mission, and being supercritical.

The heat gague should be twice as long and the progression zone should be much closer to the middle of it

It's almost impossible to fail if you have even one other player, and one focuses on the pipes while the other focuses on the engineers.
but solo it's probably the easiest mission to fail in the game.
You could argue orphix is up there too but that's mostly a gear check.

• Like 1

Let me preface this by saying that all of my feedback is coming from the perspective of solo play as that is my preferred way to enjoy Warframe most of the time. I also am using a control scheme that doesn't allow me to use the tactical menu when not in a Railjack seat (pilot, turret, big turret). I have my melee attack mapped to RB which overrides the RB+D-left input.

I was excited to get AI crewmates with update 30 and am still very happy to have them, however I feel the new Corpus Railjack missions really hamper the fun of playing solo with a full AI crew since you constantly have to leave the pilot seat to do all the things your crew can't or won't do. The AI crew makes using your Railjack as a solo player much easier and smoother, however if I'm constantly jumping out to hit a primary target, point of interest, or main objective, then I don't get to enjoy using my Railjack and by extension my crew and all the components I worked so hard to acquire and upgrade. It's also a bit cumbersome that I have to switch seats to make use of the Tunguska cannon, would really appreciate if there was some way for the pilot to use the big gun on their own. I would suggest letting an AI crewmate man it but I don't trust the AI to pick targets when ammo is limited, maybe let the AI man the gun but only fire if the pilot marks a target? Could add an option to the tactical menu to switch from pilot gun mode to paint-a-target mode for the pilot.

I also feel like the "core Warframe" components of these missions really overstay their welcome. The primary targets take longer to complete then I feel is necessary and are then followed up by a full length core mission objective on top of the actual Railjack taxi-ing. It drags the mission out quite a bit compared to normal core Warframe missions. Also where are those eclectic bubbles coming from? Is that coming from an enemy or is it just an area hazard? They are incredibly annoying. I suspect they might also be responsible for why my Sentinals die off so quickly in Railjack missions.

All in all I feel these missions would be a lot more enjoyable if there was more to do with the Railjack itself and less away crew stuff. Like if I need to hack a system in a primary target maybe, instead of entering the structure itself, I can just keep my Railjack near it ala Interception in space and defend the area from incoming fighters. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of having away crew components to Railjack but I don't think they should dominate the experience. Where I personally feel Archwing works better as a secondary component to Warframe's core, I think Railjack has the potential to stand on it's own more and be a full experience unto itself. 

As an extension of this issue the Grineer sabotage targets are still a bit of a slog having to enter and exit and enter and exit to take out the exterior reactors. It'd be cool if your AI gunner could target the exterior reactors or even if an AI pilot to move to clear them.

Do engineer AI crewmates use the forge? Far as I can tell they don't and it's yet another thing forcing me out of the pilot seat, primarily to generate more dome charges. I'm spending a lot of time leaving my Railjack sitting still with enemies buzzing around.

On the topic of the Rank 10 Gunnery intrinsic I know a lot of people are avoiding it due to the 20% increase to heat accretion. If we're going to stick with that as the rank 10 upgrade why not offer an alternate upgrade? Say a player unlocks the rank 10 Gunnery intrinsic, they now have the option to toggle between the auto-aim upgrade and a second different upgrade. That way players who don't want to take the heat penalty or just don't feel the need for auto-aim have a reason to finish upgrading their intrinsic all the way. My suggestion for an alternate upgrade would be a modest turret range increase, I feel that would not only offer a decent alternate upgrade but would also create an interesting trade-off between the two.

As for what I think update 30 does well:

Plexus is a great re-vamp of the avionics grid, no notes.

New Railjack mods/avionics are good.

AI crewmates, though somewhat limited in capability, are an excellent QOL feature and much appreciated. Keep working on them, they can do more.

Railjack interior re-work is good and helps lessen the chore of forging while solo.

Volitile itself is a nice new mission type and fits well with Railjack thematically. Would be nice if Cy didn't block the pressure bar.

Nice to have a use for my Necramech.

Void Storm and Railjack Feedback:

• Inability to collect reactant after 10 defeats the purpose of group drops when one person joined late and is behind on reactant
  • Mission exit flow is absolute garbage. This is a huge problem when you're trying to quickly repeatedly farm it with randoms. There's a huge amount of time wasted waiting for mission rewards to pop up, aborting mission, and requeueing. Plus, the host cannot abort the mission to go back to Orbiter and must return to dojo. There is zero reason to not use the standard mission exit flow of going to rewards screen, then back to Orbiter. In short, take out the stupid navigation station on the RJ.
  • Epitaph blueprint cannot be traded, but its parts can. This is inconsistent with standard practice. The blueprint should be tradeable.
  • Objective markers do not show up when you're in the RJ but not at a station, which makes it impossible to tell when you're near an objective and should hop out to get to it (eg. POIs, optional objectives such as ice mines or derelicts)
  • Railjack Player Position info screen does not properly show when players are aboard a POI or crewship or other foot objective. It just shows a blank, which is not useful.
  • Unstuck command while on the Corpus main ship for the non-RJ mission part puts you back on the Railjack with no way to get back to the mission.
  • Front Artillery needs to start with more initial ammo. Having only one shot at the beginning is useless. At the minimum it should start with 3 ammo.
  • Like 1

I'm not optimistic about anything form this thread still being read, but I'll post here as well in the hopes that it at least gets acknowledged on the Trello board.

Oberon and Ash do not belong in high level Railjack reward tables.

If Railjack really needs these Warframes in its reward tables, then they should be in the Earth and Venus Proxima regions.

Players who are in a position to comfortably farm the higher level Railjack missions (e.g. Veil Proxima, Pluto Proxima) don't need Ash or Oberon. They most likely already have these Warframes or have better alternatives. Players who WOULD benefit from having Oberon or Ash aren't in a position to farm high level Railjack. It's just frustrating to everyone as they're getting non-evergreen rewards that aren't really useful for them. A new player doesn't need parts for an MR 10 pistol. An experienced player doesn't need these beginner Warframes.

Having Oberon and Ash as low level Railjack rewards would give new players a more meaningful tangible reward early on. It would also give them a reason to engage with Railjack earlier, and let them farm content that they can comfortably and viably complete with their starting Railjack and low MR gear.

Oberon used to be the most accessible healing/support Warframe. Easy to get, easy to mod, easy to play. By the time a player has finished with their basic star chart, they would have gone on enough 20+ minute farming runs for various resources that they would likely have all the Oberon parts they need. Oberon is an important part of any new player's arsenal, along with Rhino. With him being locked behind the Veil Proxima and other high level Railjack missions, a new player won't be getting Oberon from progressing through the game when they would benefit from him.

By the time a new player will be in a position to farm the Veil Proxima, they will already have needed to complete so much other content to get the gear needed for the enemies there, that they would be better off farming the Ambulas boss on Pluto for Trinity or the Granum Void fissures for Protea.

And it's a similar story with Ash, a.k.a. "bulkier stabby Loki". Invisibility is a really powerful tool for a new player to have early on. Ash's invisibility is among the weaker versions out there, but it's still entirely serviceable. His kit is also relatively straightforward to use and duration-mods aside, he doesn't want or need any fancy gear to do his thing. From a modding and gameplay point of view, he's a good frame for a player who is starting to dip their toe into post-Star Chart content.

Having these Warframes early on (especially with how diluted the drop tables for bonus objectives are) would mean that new players engage with the low level Railjack planets for long enough that they will actually have some basic gear and intrinsics farmed up to move on to mid- and high-level Railljack missions.

Those drop tables should be unified as well to not have 4 different amounts of Endo or a single relic or two for a 5-10 minute long mission, but that's a whole different issue.

On 2021-04-19 at 2:17 PM, PollexMessier said:

This wouldn't be such a big issue if the heat point between progressing the mission and near instant failure wasn't so small. If the heat caps and you're not already aiming at the pipe it's pretty much over. and near the end of it there's less than 20 seconds between the heat gauge progressing the mission, and being supercritical.

The heat gague should be twice as long and the progression zone should be much closer to the middle of it

It's almost impossible to fail if you have even one other player, and one focuses on the pipes while the other focuses on the engineers.
but solo it's probably the easiest mission to fail in the game.
You could argue orphix is up there too but that's mostly a gear check.

Yeah it's definitely too unforgiving in solo.

When I can easily solo tricaps, profit-taker, exploiter, orphix, every mission type, etc but a simple heaty pipe/engy whack-a-mole is regularly getting the better of me I feel like the margin for failure is a little too tight. As you said, it would be a joke with even 1 other person, but its way too unforgiving for a single player.  I know I have the option to open to public, but this sort of mission is ripe for the type of content that's going to be forced solo in the future when the masses inevitably stop playing railjack again.

• Like 2

Pls look into the defense ai pathing and general behaviour .

Something is really wrong and it's not just an annoying long tileset.

My estimation- sometimes they are changing from the rush to an objective to
an unalerted extermination state .
They keep jumping from one stair to another one without actually going closer to the target.
They take cover even tho they cannot shoot the target and the distance is > 100m from the target.
Sometimes they are just chilling on a back of the map.

It's not only for the rj defense actually,
Same thing happens quite often in the void fissures ,
Esp. after the void corruption.
First time i noticed it after the ophelia fix.

I think I responded before, but I've been playing a lot more to pick up Sevagoth and other new items so I wanted to give new feedback.

1st: RJ seems less enjoyable than it used to be.  When RJ first came out, squads needed to work together to succeed.  You needed someone in the artillery chair, someone doing repairs/forge, and the 4th player could do archwing or on-foot objectives.  Now, though, no one is on the forge, or in the artillery, and there are many new pilots that do their own thing.  I'm not blaming players, but rather that there is no good introduction to these missions.  Some of the more chatty newbies (new to RJ, not derision) say they just started and don't know what to do.  They don't know how to exit the ship, or where to find guns, or...anything.  I can issue orders but not once have I seen anyone do it or seen what happens when someone issues me orders.  Chat is easy to miss since there is a lot going on.  Honestly, if the AI crew could fly to objectives or use artillery, I would do RJ solo or with friends only.  Prior to RJ Retrofit, RJ was my favorite game mode.  If I could force myself as host, I might feel some authority to ask people to do certain tasks, but TBH in every other part of warframe you can do missions without ever asking people to do anything.

2nd: With max intrinsics (and MR30), I don't feel much incentive to play RJ.  Leveling gear is pretty inefficient in RJ.  I'm trying to get new items but it feels so grindy, similar to liches.  I would love some other way to advance, or even a way to get more riven slivers, etc.

3rd: I want more missions where you do not have to leave the RJ.  Combining RJ with archwing and warframe modes is great, but sometimes I would love to just fly around and shoot things.  It's also a good way to teach newbies how to work as a team.

4th: Void storm missions could be better.  Grineer maps are difficult to get all the reactant, and corpus missions can be chaotic with all the fissures exploding.  I've also seen a lot of new RJ players in void storms, and the chaos makes it hard for them to figure out what to do.  Maybe some restriction so they can do regular RJ before getting into void storms?

I'll add my two credits now that we're a little bit into deployment of the railjack update.

Well, I've played it a fair bit, played all the mission types, they're pretty cool. Volatile, I think Steve on one of his streams mentioned to try that specifically, it's neat. One concern I had coming from the old railjack system (which I liked a fair bit) to the 'new' one is that... actually it's the same. One weird misconception I think a lot of people had at the start was that the corpus missions would be representative of all railjack missions going forward, and this is clearly not the case. This is for the best, I think.

I'll just define here what I personally think of as the 'core concept' for railjack: you, your shipmates, on a ship, flying around, doing spaceship things, there are roles to play and resources to manage.

The only criticism I have aside from that is... I hope that this is not the attitude to mission design for railjack going forward. While the corpus objective based missions are pretty good, the one thing that bugs me is that we're eventually forced into doing regular Warframe gameplay stuff on the corpus pillar, and to my mind at least this does a lot to dilute the 'core concept' of railjack.

While it does vary up the gameplay a bit, I don't really like the idea of being forced into the gameplay of a standard mission, and though it's only my personal preference, I have an intense dislike of 'defense' missions especially on the new corpus ship tileset, so I purposely avoid those missions if I can help it, because they're slow, they're slower than alternatives such as exterminate, and because of the downtime inherent in defense missions you get anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds or more even that you are just waiting for enemies to appear, and it's kind of boring. If you got amped up by the adrenaline rush of space combat as the pilot or if you were flipping your way through the derelict or the ice driver station, whatever, you'll quickly be brought into the mire of slow defense gameplay and you're going to get bored.

This compares unfavourably to some of the original railjack missions such as the grineer based objective missions where, you have the missile station for players to rush through, sometimes the galleon spawns, there's even the anomaly in veil, and you can do all those not only simultaneously for extra speed, you're never caught up and slowed down by anything in particular, except for maybe some of the away party/railjack crew interaction stuff with the radiators, which are more speedbumps than anything with an even slightly competent crew.

I should also point out that roles in railjack with the new update have been significantly diluted. To a degree in the pub games I see, it seems almost always like there's a pilot using the railjack to excise the fighters from the map, there's someone maybe in forward artillery ready to gib the next crewship that spawns, and the other two players... are... standing around the cockpit watching, AFK, or sometimes simply on the side guns. Those two other players that are largely unnecessary now that ships are powered by warframe energy (such as the energy replenishment pizza) so nobody needs to touch engineering unless maybe the guy on the artillery needs dome charges. What those other two players really should be doing is flying toward the objectives and completing them so the mission ends earlier, but the game doesn't tell them that.

Repairs also seem to never particularly be necessary unless your railjack is extremely undergeared, because the only effectively fatal injury the railjack can sustain is the final one, the critical hull failure. Since every other railjack status effect or malady doesn't actually do anything except maybe tick some damage or whatever there's generally no need to repair it unless it's electrical, where everything gets magnetic.

Uh, anyway, those are just my thoughts. This is all just 'feedback stuff' I've been thinking about since I played new railjack.

• Like 1

-Can we get Railjack Bossfights/Assassinations? You know a Corpus Ace Fighter or a large Grineer dreadnaught, we take out with our ship. 

-A RJ Sabotage, maybe? Trying to infiltrate a large space station similar to Kuva Fortress then destroy it in a way similar to AW sabotage or Fomorian and trying to get out of there before it explodes.

-Raids? Don't even need to be long, just something small with a more complicated mechanic...

-Perhaps a Warriors-like mode for RJ in which you try to gain control over as many sectors as possible by defeating crewships in them.

-Railjack Races would be cool, but that's kinda unrealistic...

Okay, i have few complains:

Orphix missions: 1. Too hard to solo on high levels. Orphixes spawn and increase control too fast for one player even if player just run and destroy targets without distracting. 2. New players unfriendly. Few times i saw people having no idea what to do. I recently was a player that had no idea what to do. It doesn't warn that it is necramech mission before start and it is easy to misshear in heat of battle father's advice to claim fallen necramech. Players often try to do this as operator, sometimes even if they have own necramech. Or, there can be several players without own necramech and only one lies right in front of first Orphix area. For new players, or for teams with new players, it can go wrong in few ways with one result: failure (just for player or whole team) because orphixes are likely to block a path to extraction. And a failure that is hurtful to have after 15 minutes of just reaching to main objective.

Corpus railjack missions:  Ruin the idea of railjack. Main and secondary objectives are on foot, railjack is just a taxi here. "Only on foot with full team" main objective is especially bad part that reduces railjack mission to regular mission with needlessly long introduction.

Railjack missions overall: Too bloated on high levels.  High level railjack mission, with many shielded crewships to kill, or with several secondary objectives, they take considerably more time to complete than low-level missions.  To the point that it is too long to see them as fun and awarding enough.

• Like 1

Hello Fellow Tenno,

I don't even know where to start about the Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack update.

Maybe with some general statements about what I would like to think are generally accepted bad gameplay practices and mechanics that should be avoided except in very rare and justified circumstances.

1) Do not excessively and continuously shake the camera. It's one thing to do it for dramatic effect every now and then, it's an other to play a long mission with the camera constantly shaking.

2) Only impair visibility if you have a very well justified reason or want to achieve a dramatic effect. Do not do it for an extended periods of time. Especially in a shooter. Where you kind of want the player to see what needs to be shot.

3) Challenge the player. Don't inconvenience the player.

With that said I just completed failed a Railjack Void Storm mission. Here's a replay of it.

(Please excuse the couple of extra seconds not related to the mission at the beginning and the end of the video. I did trim it with YouTube's video editor. When I saved it it said that the modifications will be live in a couple of hours. Trimming a couple of seconds off a video. On the biggest video platform on the face of the Earth. Takes hours. Don't get me started! Hopefully if and by the time you may want to check out the video the changes will have taken effect.)

I let the video speak for itself but I added a couple of comments below. It is definitely not my idea of fun.

-I do understand that the technical department wants to flex it's muscles and make a lot of visual things happen at the same time. I also do appreciate eye candy. But in this Void Storm mission it was so blatantly impairing my gameplay that it rendered it completely and utterly unenjoyable. I think I had a general idea of what I was supposed to be doing most of the time, i did find the waypoints I think I was supposed to go to when I looked hard enough, but as far as actual moment to moment gameplay I had no idea whatsoever what I was doing. I simply could not see what was happening.

-I am one of those old school gamers so if the newer gamer generations appreciate the overabundance of visual flair then by all means do it. I kind of doubt it though and am a bit concerned that the end game of this approach is to throw random flashy visual effects on the screen and tell the player to do something with their input devices and something may or may not happen, they may or may not complete the mission, they may or may not progress.

-I could solo a Veil Proxima mission with the Railjack I'm using in this mission. Admittedly I am not one of those Tennos who find it a challenging and satisfying experience to mod a Warframe or Railjack to their extreme potential. Big shields, fast shield recharge, tons of health and let's lay waste to them. Until the The New Railjack update this approach worked. After the update my Railjack feels like a piece of junk about to fall apart at any moment. Yep, I know, I could go into the convoluted, beyond comprehension new mod system to try to fix it but I don't wanna. I feel I spent that time already and had a decent but not perfect Railjack. I don't even know if the most time efficient approach to having a decent Railjack again would be to remod the whole ship or collect and repair new Railjack parts. Been there, done that, don't want to do it ever again.

-Whenever the mission took me to a Corpus ship I felt claustrophobic. There I was with a Warframe that's all about mobility trying to navigate a maze of narrow corridors with the screen constantly shaking and my visibility impaired, getting stuck in every nook and cranny, being stunned randomly, stun locked on occasion, and the sugar on top being that if I messed up a jump I ended up outside of the ship instead of respawning inside the ship like in other missions. The cherry on top of the sugar is that I seem to have failed the mission because I could not get back inside the ship after such a mistake. But maybe not. With the constant mayhem on the screen I may have missed a waypoint or some other visual or audio cue about how to complete the mission.

-Whenever I did not feel claustrophobic on a Corpus ship I was meant to play hide and seek in a huge horizontal and vertical maze hunting down some drones that I could basically one shot. All this scavenger hunt fun in the above mentioned general sense of directionlessness in the middle of an excessive visual orgy.

-I had no idea why or how one of my forges got hacked, what it meant, if there was anything I could or should do about it. It did not seem to effect gameplay beyond being inconvenient and confusing and it is beyond my comprehension how it could be a new, interesting, and challenging gameplay mechanic. I was like: "Oh, well, it's hacked, luckily I did not lose too much time with it, I'll just use the other one."

-Some enemies were complete pushovers while others drained my shields in a matter of seconds. Or maybe my shields were drained by the Void Storm. In all honesty I don't have the first clue, I completely lost track of what I was supposed to be paying attention to by that point in the mission.

With all that said and in closing I have to note that I appreciate -- in fact admire -- that DE is willing to take risks with Warframe and take the game in bald new directions but with this one -- the other notable one being the Glassmaker Nightwave act which in my opinion was the complete and extreme opposite of this one: try to find a needle in a haystack in sensory depravation and with movement constraints that almost felt physical -- I am completely lost for words. IMHO currently the Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack missions are pure and distilled exercises in frustration and I will be extra careful to avoid them in their current shape. After I get my missing Sevagoth parts that is 😉

After all this complaining and ranting I do have an urge to offer some improvement ideas to the Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack update but I just cannot recall any moments of fun while playing these missions. I do understand the development direction of trying to mold regular and Railjack missions together but I think all the steps taken with this update are in the wrong direction. I am so confused with this update and the new missions so do not have the Warframe vibe -- have fun while you grind -- that I even entertained the thought while writing this here rant that this update was outsourced to some other game company.

GLHF,
Zim

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-04-19 at 10:00 AM, (XBOX)DS Monkfish said:

My engineer can't make new energy for me at the forge, I have to go do it myself, or drop pads, or Zenurik dash, instead of actually flying the ship. It's also made being the ship's engineer pretty lame. I used to ENJOY dashing around making sure everyone had ammo and flux. As a pilot, i massively appreciated having an effective engineer. Now it's all personal energy and ammo it just feels less involved and more watered down.

This pretty perfectly describes my only solid criticism of the state of railjack currently.   They went a couple clicks too far in sacrificing gameplay for streamlining.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-16 at 3:32 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

• The New Corpus Railjack Missions
  • New Corpus Enemies
  • New Points of Interest

Still no word on "Review evergreen / general rewards in Railjack"

Ever since 29.10 launched on March 19th, over 2 months ago, players have repeatedly highlighted issues with Railjack's reward structure.

This feedback can generally be summed up as belonging into one of three categories.

1: Certain Railjack missions have rewards that don't correspond to the effort and time required to complete the mission. An example would be the Railjack Corpus Defense missions, which are slow and tedious with no meaningful evergreen reward to make them worth doing.

2: Certain rewards are not a good fit for the Railjack mission they're in. An example would be Ash and Oberon being locked behind the wrong kind of grind.

3: Both regular Railjack as well as Void Storms have a problem with not having good evergreen rewards to have them be worth doing once the "unique" rewards have been earned. An example of this would be void storms, which are not compelling to do once Sevagoth and Epitaph have been earned. This means that the game mode will eventually be dead, like other game modes such as Defection currently are. Adding more unique rewards or requiring multiple copies of unique rewards to be earned is just extending the time before a player will be done with the game mode without making the game mode itself something that players will look forward to returning to in the future.

DE claimed repeatedly that they are aware of these problems.

But it's been months now. With no meaningful changes. With no meaningful communication from DE.

I bring this up because we're now past 10 weeks since 29.10 launched and DE said on their Trello board that we would at least get some kind of update on this in today's dev stream.

DE, you have to stop releasing broken and unfinished content and then moving on to the next batch of broken and unfinished content.

Many of these problems with Railjack's rewards can be fixed with relatively simple drop table changes. An example would be to put Ash and Oberon into the low level Railjack missions and having rewards such as Athodai be a higher level reward instead. This isn't particularly difficult or time consuming to fix.

The fact that we're repeatedly told that you're aware of these problems and that nothing is being done or communicated to us regardless is incredibly disrespectful.

• Like 1

high level orphix mission is unplayable 

solo and all maxed with 5 forma weap and still no chance to complete this mission at all

orphix have too high hp, they spawn WAY TOO FAST

Edited by Gio21