Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus bounties, DE we need to talk

(NSW)Belaptir

Seriously, there are things there that need to be changed urgently, and it's been like this for a while. If you want us to play the cetus bounties, you shuold at least make them doable.

Let's see them one by one:

Capture the target: The mission itself is easy... but try to do the bonus. Try to do it alone, or in party... 99% of the times is a matter of luck because the bonus requires that nothing can die in the whole plains map. See that grineer that killed a kuaka? Bonus gone. See that vomvalyst annoying a grineer until it dies? Bonus gone. Have a pet with you that, while you capture the target kills something? Yep, bonus gone. And if that wasn't enough, after you capture the target there are several seconds where if something dies, even with the target captured, the bonus is gone. It's not even worth trying, because it doesn't depend on you. Just make it so nothing in the capture area can die, the rest doesn't have to count and the bonus becomes doable!

Defend the zone: This one is technically easy too. But enemies spawn in an area bigger than what a party of 4 can cover, they are not pointed and with the dimension of the map, even enemy radar mods are barely useful. If it's also night then good luck! Because the risk of failing the whole bounty is real and will happen.

Assassinate the target: We need more enemies. That's all. Not sure on other platforms but on switch spawn rates are so low that in 1 minute you will fail almost always to kill 25 enemies. They are that low.

Clear an area of enemies: Same as above, but this is even worse. In a party of 4, it will ask you to kill 100 enemies. Spawn rate is so low on Switch that you will fail the mission several times, not just the bonus, the bounty itself you will fail because if you find 5 enemies together, you should consider yourself lucky. On caves it's plain impossible because of this.

The rest of the missions can be done with ease, but please, take a look at these, because not grabbing a bonus or even worse, losing the bounty because of something that doesn't depend on you is infuriating.

Post remaster Cetus bounties were very badly planned. A complete atrocity and a grave affront to fluid, joyful and rewarding. Much worse than the original ones, or Fortuna's, or Deimos'. I know I used strong words, but every single one was meant, sad as it may be.

I hate "liberate the (huuuuuuuggeeeee, deserted) area" and "capture the target" the most, closely followed by the times a drone gets stuck.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Capture the target: [...] Just make it so nothing in the capture area can die, the rest doesn't have to count and the bonus becomes doable!

I would say even that is a bad idea, because of all the other factors you listed. The objective in and of itself doesn't make sense. Why does nobody need to die before capturing the target? Other bonus objectives are loosely based off of skill/performance, and require extra effort to finish. This is the only odd one out, since you need to do less to succeed. The only sensible solution would be to completely change the objective, to maybe a time-based one while also giving the capture target more "tricks" like creating lures, teleportation, etc.

All valid stuff I deal with all the time.   Capture is the most annoying since the mission is so easy lol.   (Archwing to the guy, kill from the air,  land super fast and go operator and hide in void while you capture the dude,   hopefully your pet stays back to where you jumped into your AW for the first time lol)

Liberated and spawn rates are just fubar tho and DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY.    I recently went hunting for Eidolon Lens BP thanx to those greater lens from the streams.   I had bad luck and had to run ALOT of bounties.   I ran into Liberate alot!!!  The interesting bit is that they would constantly take place in different areas of the map...  some map locations were super easy to do... other locations stuff just refused to spawn.   The grineer base by the ocean to the far left that also has a small cave system,  that place is insane..   

-----------------------------------------------------

Now that they have done a map for grineer/corpus/infested ....  I have NO IDEA what DE plans to do in the future.   Are we going to have more open worlds to look forward to??   Will just just start going back and changing the old maps??    

I think the idea of PoE remaster 2.0 is awesome!!  1st a huge expansion and possible redesign to the map.   But what is super exciting is what if they use the underground tech from Cambion Drift for   PoE/Orb Vallis ????     Earth and Venus have cave systems..    But bounty missions underground would be awesome,  with new random cave layouts.   Cambion Drift tunnels even had rooms you can fish in.     

At the same time they could revamp the above ground bounties.   I love the tent system in PoE.   Tents should be added to Orb Vallis.

--------------------------------------------------------

In terms of improving open worlds...  I think Orb Vallis is dopest map.   Sure it has a ton of open space and can be a pain to travel between objectives..   Thats what I would improve.   I love the massive open map because it lets you archwing/k-drive/mech your brains out.    What I would improve is make it so your next objective is a short distance from your last objective.  Instead of going back and forth across the map.   

-----------------------------------

They kept Deimos/Cambion Drift pretty under wraps,  I know they dont wanna talk about future stuff any more.   But I would LOVE to hear any kind of tid bit about what they are thinking as far as open worlds.  

The reason these posts constantly pop up complaining about open world maps is because people WANT to love them and or do love them if they werent so frustrating with the bugs.  

First 2 points 100% agree

for Assassinate the target and Clear an area of enemies on PC I don't fail due to lack of spawns but the spawns are sloooooow as all hell dragging out the bounty time unnecessarily. Plenty of time I'm just standing around waiting for someone to spawn.

1 minute ago, TheScytale said:

I would say even that is a bad idea, because of all the other factors you listed. The objective in and of itself doesn't make sense. Why does nobody need to die before capturing the target? Other bonus objectives are loosely based off of skill/performance, and require extra effort to finish. This is the only odd one out, since you need to do less to succeed. The only sensible solution would be to completely change the objective, to maybe a time-based one while also giving the capture target more "tricks" like creating lures, teleportation, etc.

It makes sense if you think of it as a "silent extraction". Like you go in, get the target and extract without nobody noticing. But still, it's a silly objective and it never depends on you.

7 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

First 2 points 100% agree

for Assassinate the target and Clear an area of enemies on PC I don't fail due to lack of spawns but the spawns are sloooooow as all hell dragging out the bounty time unnecessarily. Plenty of time I'm just standing around waiting for someone to spawn.

I tried the clear an area of enemies few mins ago. We were 4 nukers in party. We failed the bounty because in all the time we managed to find 22 enemies. And we were all veteran players, it wasn't our first mission. The enemies just wouldn't spawn at all or, if they did, with such a low rate that it was simply impossible to finish the mission.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I tried the clear an area of enemies few mins ago. We were 4 nukers in party. We failed the bounty because in all the time we managed to find 22 enemies. And we were all veteran players, it wasn't our first mission. The enemies just wouldn't spawn at all or, if they did, with such a low rate that it was simply impossible to finish the mission.

yes. I'm not trying to say it doesn't happen to you, I was saying something different happens on PC. The two issues are likely the same problem but for some reason it's affecting switch worse. Extra data on buggy things is useful especially if two different versions have similar but different results.

19 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

yes. I'm not trying to say it doesn't happen to you, I was saying something different happens on PC. The two issues are likely the same problem but for some reason it's affecting switch worse. Extra data on buggy things is useful especially if two different versions have similar but different results.

Oh, my bad, I realize I might have worded it a bit agressively. I was just stating how it worked for me. My apologies!

• 4 weeks later...

i had some ideas about updating the old open worlds that seem to be burned through very quickly, glad to see im not the only one who things so, making new world is fun and all but if they stay as content islands theyll just collect dust and not be revisited in any way by vet players. let me know what you think

On 2021-03-17 at 6:10 PM, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Seriously, there are things there that need to be changed urgently, and it's been like this for a while. If you want us to play the cetus bounties, you shuold at least make them doable.

Let's see them one by one:

Capture the target: The mission itself is easy... but try to do the bonus. Try to do it alone, or in party... 99% of the times is a matter of luck because the bonus requires that nothing can die in the whole plains map. See that grineer that killed a kuaka? Bonus gone. See that vomvalyst annoying a grineer until it dies? Bonus gone. Have a pet with you that, while you capture the target kills something? Yep, bonus gone. And if that wasn't enough, after you capture the target there are several seconds where if something dies, even with the target captured, the bonus is gone. It's not even worth trying, because it doesn't depend on you. Just make it so nothing in the capture area can die, the rest doesn't have to count and the bonus becomes doable!

Defend the zone: This one is technically easy too. But enemies spawn in an area bigger than what a party of 4 can cover, they are not pointed and with the dimension of the map, even enemy radar mods are barely useful. If it's also night then good luck! Because the risk of failing the whole bounty is real and will happen.

Assassinate the target: We need more enemies. That's all. Not sure on other platforms but on switch spawn rates are so low that in 1 minute you will fail almost always to kill 25 enemies. They are that low.

Clear an area of enemies: Same as above, but this is even worse. In a party of 4, it will ask you to kill 100 enemies. Spawn rate is so low on Switch that you will fail the mission several times, not just the bonus, the bounty itself you will fail because if you find 5 enemies together, you should consider yourself lucky. On caves it's plain impossible because of this.

The rest of the missions can be done with ease, but please, take a look at these, because not grabbing a bonus or even worse, losing the bounty because of something that doesn't depend on you is infuriating.

I agree with you but the topic should be something like "Cetus bounties BONUS problem" or smth.

Archived