Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which is better for increased enemy shield sorties? Viral/slash or toxin/slash.

(NSW)ToppestShrek

Question

11 answers to this question

This is why the Komorex slaps generic corpus units like little else. Guns like the phage, the hema, the komorex, and the bubonico have innate viral, so adding toxin onto them with a good build will melt through SP corpus. If viral + toxin is not an option, just go toxin on a high crit/dmg weapon to do damage directly to their health bar. A toxin rubico/vectis/chakkhurr/other gun/weapon that slaps does the trick nicely.

Magnetic is counterproductive and is really ever only used to do more damage with condition overload/cedo. By the time you tear through their shields with magnetic, they would have already been yeeted to raw toxin.

A third, unorthodox option is to use electricity procspam, which only really works for beam weapons like the synapse/amperex/gaze/phage, or whenever you can get consistent headshot/damage into electricity procs. Electricity is... situational, but in cases like the synapse or phage, it can be used to deal quite a bit of damage.

In my personal experience, slash and heat procs both leave a lot to be desired on corpus (*shields), especially if they have no armor, and just a lot of shields. Slash as @Duality52 has stated no longer bypass shields since the major update to status, and can be pretty underwhelming when not applied to the health bar (slash procs still slap tho, just mainly on grinner/infested, and heat burns through infested like nothing else, mind the pun).

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

there's ways to have Viral and Toxin... :)

Weapons with innate Viral can be modded with Toxin as well. The Toxin does not add onto the innate Viral. In general, weapons with innate combined elements (Blast, Radiation, etc.) are independent of single elements that are modded in.

2 hours ago, Artimessheed said:

A third, unorthodox option is to use electricity procspam, which only really works for beam weapons like the synapse/amperex/gaze/phage, or whenever you can get consistent headshot/damage into electricity procs. Electricity is... situational, but in cases like the synapse or phage, it can be used to deal quite a bit of damage.

I wouldn't write off Electric procs. They can be very effective against both the Corpus and Infested, due to their lack of armor most of the time. It's decent against the Grineer as well, but their Armor will of course allow them to shrug off the damage procs. While Heat can focus on single targets, Electric procs can focus on crowded enemies.

Furthermore, I should note that the Juno and Terra Crewmen regardless of type have a hidden 75% health damage resistance against the following damage types:

• Viral
  • Cold
  • Blast
  • Magnetic

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (NSW)ToppestShrek:

I don't know which level toxin starts to fall off and is outclassed by viral.

Every single time except for shield augment sorties. Then I reconfigure my Corinth P to toxin/pointless radiation and bye bye. After all it's just Corpus. 

In a fissure, even in Corpus tilesets Toxin won't do you any good, slash procs work way better against corrupted and viral will help you against everything (except deimos). 

Archived