Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live! Where is Update 29.10 (on PC, at least)?

[DE]Rebecca

That's true.
Surely you know that @Uhkretor, but I am writing what you do for others having trouble with Railjack missions.
I also preferred to fly the Railjack solo from the beginning.
For a long time, no matter what Frame and with what weapon.
Of course, getting your Railjack well equipped is important, but knowing the rules of the game is more important.
Then you know when to expect boarding and when it will not be. With experience, you can do any mission without a single boarding or with all possible - as you like.
It is enough to know what situations will cause boarding and how to avoid them.
As for Railjack repair - there is no need to repair every damage immediately. And Intrinsic Engineering R10 allows you to repair remotely without stopping the fight.
Railjack missions are easy when you know what to do and what to expect. For example, Sortie, Orb Vallis or Eidolon Teralyst are 100 times more difficult missions than Railjack missions.
Distruption is a good mission to compare the difficulty level.
But if someone don't know what to do, any mission can be difficult, even extermination on Earth.

9 hours ago, WiccanCrow said:

I'm a solo level 29 (almost level 30) player. I built my entire dojo by myself not furnished but all research is completed and that wasn't easy but it wasn't hard and i felt accomplished by the time I finished it. But this RJ stuff I never liked it since the beginning I've done everything I could to avoid them all together bc like you said soloing there is a high chance of failure and more times than not I did fail except with Gian Point which now of course they're taking from us which is messed up dont put a node in if you're just going to take it from us later so that we have to do the other nodes. We weren't doing them for a reason. So yea I'm definitely not happy about this update. They really lost me when they started talking about corpus liches in the RJ system. Liches are my favorite part of the game and now they're going to merge it with my most hated part of the game..

It already belonged there tho. Don't you remember when they first showed off liches? Megan went into a galleon with her railjack crew via the help of the link squad and killed her lich. DE may not bring them all at once but whatever they show it always end up in the game eventually. Since they first revealed liches as a part of railjack content it wasnt a surprise. Also they are removing Gian Point so that it doesn't leave a player group who will go "well there are new nodes but I'll favor Gian Point more since I've been already grinding there before." and keep going to Gian Point over the new nodes. Changes in an online game is regular no matter how big how small including the removals.

9 hours ago, Master_Tamma said:

They went from launching in 2h to launching next day in the span of ~2h

There's so much confusion within this company it's not even funny anymore..

Would you rather they push it out the door as soon as possible? Because that worked SOOOOOOOO well for games like Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077.

Seriously. You backseat developers don't know anything about game design. Please shut up.

28 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Would you rather they push it out the door as soon as possible? Because that worked SOOOOOOOO well for games like Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077.

Seriously. You backseat developers don't know anything about game design. Please shut up.

I would rather they didnt announce thing like "were aiming for today, definitely today, not much hours now, oops maybe tomorrow" thing.

8 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

I would rather they didnt announce thing like "were aiming for today, definitely today, not much hours now, oops maybe tomorrow" thing.

Like Ace-Bounty-Hunter said, you don't know anything about any software dev, let alone game dev.  Do you know how easy it is for an estimated time to get turned on its head?  EX. I had to add some tables to a database.  Easy SQL, not that you know what that is.  Turned from a 10 minute into a several hour task.  Why?  Because of a comma being out of place, a vary common error and EXTRAMLY hard to track down.  So please, stick to your armchair and let the dev get done be people who actually know things.

3 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Things don't always go according to plan and issues tend to crop up at the last minute. Especially with games as big and complex as Warframe. At least they're being transparent about it. Either they release it immediately and get flooded with complaints about how broken it is, or they delay it to fine tune a few things much to the impatient Tenno's ire.

Either way. DE can't win no matter what they do. 

5 minutes ago, Pyrain said:

Like Ace-Bounty-Hunter said, you don't know anything about any software dev, let alone game dev.  Do you know how easy it is for an estimated time to get turned on its head?  EX. I had to add some tables to a database.  Easy SQL, not that you know what that is.  Turned from a 10 minute into a several hour task.  Why?  Because of a comma being out of place, a vary common error and EXTRAMLY hard to track down.  So please, stick to your armchair and let the dev get done be people who actually know things.

Maybe they should announce things when its ready, thats it.

When creating stuff, you can do it fast or do it good ... only very very few people can do both in one task.
n the other hand almost all people are impacient and demand high quality deliveries ... 

So this thread goes as expected ;)

9 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

3 minutes ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

Again, maybe they did think it was ready until they found an issue they overlooked.

They're only human. We all make mistakes. I'm sure you've had to make last minute calls at least once in your life. 

I think what he/she meant is that unnecessary announcement only serve to put DE in a difficult position with community. SOME gamers have too high of a expectation for DE to reach an impossible deadline and only complain when they failed to reach them. This toxic behaviour only seek to harm whatever positive relationship we have with the developers rather than helping them. I doubt we want to damage any healthy relationship we have build with DE in just one update.  That being said, just relax. DE has never failed its community, not even once. So let us trust DE in their judgement in order to make a great game for us to enjoy, ya. 

21 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

And AGAIN, it was an estimated time. Estimated times get turned on their head all the time in the world of dev.  I repeat;  stick to your armchair.

12 minutes ago, Lightplanke said:

Man, alot of you people have to chill.
It's a videogame. DE doing it's work and thats it

Agreed, i'm just tiered of armchair devs and people that think the game was made for them and them alone.  This place has gotten so toxic that its a wonder that DE listens to anyone.  Sick of it and not gona keep quiet anymore.

8 minutes ago, FunJester said:

I think what he/she meant is that unnecessary announcement only serve to put DE in a difficult position with community. SOME gamers have too high of a expectation for DE to reach an impossible deadline and only complain when they failed to reach them. This toxic behaviour only seek to harm whatever positive relationship we have with the developers rather than helping them. I doubt we want to damage any healthy relationship we have build with DE in just one update.  That being said, just relax. DE has never failed its community, not even once. So let us trust DE in their judgement in order to make a great game for us to enjoy, ya. 

I don't know that id go so far as to say they have NEVER failed the community.  there are plenty of criticisms to make about DE, I just want to see it done in a constructive and respectful way.  They arn't Disney/Lucasfilm.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Pyrain:

And AGAIN, it was an estimated time. Estimated times get turned on their head all the time in the world of dev.  I repeat;  stick to your armchair.

Agreed, i'm just tiered of armchair devs and people that think the game was made for them and them alone.  This place has gotten so toxic that its a wonder that DE listens to anyone.  Sick of it and not gona keep quiet anymore.

I don't know that id go so far as to say they have NEVER failed the community.  there are plenty of criticisms to make about DE, I just want to see it done in a constructive and respectful way.  They arn't Disney/Lucasfilm.

You are 100% right. We have become complainers... nothing like complain, complain, complain all day long. I am so tired of it.

I don't think the update will be perfect.
Even in a few months, fixes will be needed.
So why not wait six months for thorough tests?
Or let's play as it is and make progress wherever we can?

I think we can start today. Moving to Monday (as some say) will do nothing. DE also has a weekend so either it move to next Friday or it doesn't make sense.

I think the update will come into the game in a few hours.
If someone cries over bugs that appear, he will cry for the rest of his life because there is no game in the world that would not have more or less bugs.

1 minute ago, FunYourself said:

I think we can start today. Moving to Monday (as some say) will do nothing. DE also has a weekend so either it move to next Friday or it doesn't make sense.

If someone cries over bugs that appear, he will cry for the rest of his life because there is no game in the world that would not have more or less bugs.

Well said.

il y a 5 minutes, FunYourself a dit :

The waiting six months thing would be a valid thing for the devs, but not for the players. Unfortunately, we gamers have the attention span of an oyster and we basically need new and exciting content every now and then. Or else we'll just leave the game for the new sensation of the moment (Not you anymore, Cyberpunk...)

I prefer to play it with some bugs here and there, and help the console boys get a less buggy version. Plus, we basically get early access to the new content, so why are we crying like a bunch of entitled children ? .w.'

1 minute ago, DemoHellsword said:

The waiting six months thing would be a valid thing for the devs, but not for the players. Unfortunately, we gamers have the attention span of an oyster and we basically need new and exciting content every now and then. Or else we'll just leave the game for the new sensation of the moment (Not you anymore, Cyberpunk...)

I prefer to play it with some bugs here and there, and help the console boys get a less buggy version. Plus, we basically get early access to the new content, so why are we crying like a bunch of entitled children ? .w.'

YES!!!!  The only suggestion that i would make on that front is perhaps DE should do smaller, more frequent updates.  I think they are pushing themselves to hard with these massive drops.

On 2021-03-17 at 7:25 PM, ModerateConservative said:

Question. Why were the test servers not used to test this updates? You (meaning DE) have these tools and yet they are not utilized at all.

test servers player almost were too focused on youtubers and we know they are useless. 

38 minutes ago, Pyrain said:

Things like "comma"... oh, I can relate (Although I'm not a pro). Simple mistake to fix... unless you know it. With every minute you loose your sanity. At the end of your task you start to hate it (programming or whatever you guys are doing).

2 minutes ago, DemoHellsword said:

Sadly it's not only our attention span but the content itself. I hate mechs and even more RJ. I've only build 1 infested kitgun because it didn't work. I created 2 pets. One is almost useless (immortal vacuum I guess) and I cannot color it correctly (ognis red afair becomes purple). Other one... from 3 mods, 1 has short timer, 2nd miss all the time and even it hit an enemy it's... meh, 3rd ability, again, seen it's doing something maybe 2 times.

While I agree that we should wait a little it's not possible to deliver interesting (subjective) and good (without bugs, just works) content. So that's why they need make it more often.

Archived