Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinda Bumed About The Ps4 Clan News

AudioRejectz

So, as some of you may of read. For us that plan on syncing our account with our ps4's, our account will be copy and pasted, which is cool.
But our clan/dojo's won't carry over, meaning you will have to build one from scratch again. For me this is a bummer, I mean, I have plowed thousands of resources over many months into our dojo and research facilities. Not just that, but if any new updates happen any time soon that bring more research weapons. It's going to take months to be able to get them, taking into concideration construction time from scratch and research times..

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

EDIT

Confirmed on livestream - PS4 users can not be in a clan with PC users. So basically what i said above stands. If you transfer to PS4 you will have to build the entire thing again from scratch. So all the time/resources and plat you have put into your dojo will be lost on Ps4

Edited by AudioRejectz

Well it seems like a technical reason as to why Clan/Dojo stuff isn't being carried over. Maybe they might have a way to fix/rectify it later down the line.

Hopefully! I cant see Ps4 players been able to rejoin there clan as people are saying. Because you would end up having 2 exact same name accounts in the clans. All though i hope im wrong 

Confirmed on livestream - PS4 users can not be in a clan with PC users. So basically what i said above stands. If you transfer to PS4 you will have to build the entire thing again from scratch. So all the time/resources and plat you have put into your dojo will be lost on Ps4

Really wanted to play on ps4 with some friends, but now there is no chance. Will take months to get the dojo back to where it is now and especially to get all the resources to research all the research weapons again.

Edited by AudioRejectz

Really wanted to play on ps4 with some friends, but now there is no chance. Will take months to get the dojo back to where it is now and especially to get all the resources to research all the research weapons again.

Unfortunate, but it sounds like technical issues prevent it. :(

Unfortunate, but it sounds like technical issues prevent it. :(

Yeah man, really is disappointing but i guess if it was easy they would of done it. It's just a pain because of the amount of time it will take to get them remotely close to what they are now. Especially if any new research weapons get released, going to take ps4 users a long time to be able to get them

The reason why clans can't cross is because the PS4 version may be a few days out of sync with the most up to date PC version.  And if the dojo has rooms and features that does not exist with the current PS4 version, the game would crash.  This is the reason why there is not crossplay, the PC version could have more up to date data and assets that may and would take a few days to update with the PS4 version.

Could a workaround be coded around this?  It is possible (since anything is possible) but it would be extremely difficult and near impossible with some of the updates done in the past.  Example, say a new drum was added, and the dojo has the new drum, what would the PS4 render?  How would it display it on the screen?  There would be no way for the PS4 to know what to do since the assets don't exist.   Now imagine this with new abilities, or a new warframe, or how to calculate a new mod damage that didn't exist previously.

Yeah. Playing PC games on PS4 when I have a computer worth twice as much as the PS4 and blows all its specs out of the water just seems silly.

If I really want to use a controller I have a usb port for that.

So why post if this topic holds no relevance to you? Can't remember asking your specs. Please try to keep it on topic