Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Loki's Invisibility

iSmallfry

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or not.Recently,Loki's invisibility has been reworked and it now cloaks sentinels,as well.The thing is,once they are cloaked they cease to attack.They will still use their unique abilities (e.g. Crowd Dispesion, Vaporize,Vacuum,etc...),though.Now this is not the part that bugs me.When I found out that they'd still use their abilities, 

the very first thing that popped up in my mind, was the chance to actually control when your sentinel triggers their ability.

Let me elaborate: As everybody knows, sentinels have certain priorities to their actions (precept system) and if you place your sentinel's "shooting mod" in a precept slot with a higher priority than your "ability mod" (e.g. Swinft Death in front of Vaporize) it will result in your sentinel not using their ability and just shooting non-stop,instead, as the sentinel will always confirm whether it can shoot before confirming whether the requirements for it to use its ability are met.My idea was to make use of exactly that.Using Loki's invisibility makes the sentinel unable to shoot but it should still be able to use its ability. However,if you put the "shooting mod" in a precept with a higher priority than the "ability mod", that is not the case.Your sentinel won't do anything ,at all. In theory, if your sentinel ceases fire it should be able to do other things, such as using an ability.Being able to trigger sentinel's abilities at will would  be especially  useful for the Djinn.Djinn tends to randomly charge up its Fatal Attraction without enemies being remotely close or without enough enemies being in range, resulting in Fatal Attraction to go on cooldown without Djinn having released the actual ability.Being able to actually decide when Djinn is able to charge up his ability would be pretty cool.I guess it could be considered a tiny buff to Loki who is deemed useless as of now, as well.

tl;dr: Sentinels are acting up while cloaked by Loki's invisibility.

Edited by iSmallfry

I consider myself one of those "Loki fanboys" and at no point I felt he was useless.Yet, he is deemed so.Let's just say he's not the most popular when others recruit for high-level runs.

Edit:Well,unless you don't want your sentinel to use its ability,at all and set "shooting" on a higher priority than using "abilities" or just take out the mod, it will use its "ability",either way.Even when cloaked.

Edited by iSmallfry

From what I recall, Sentinels don't use their abilities when cloaked by Smokescreen. I might be wrong on this, though.

But yeah, Sentinels using their abilities while invisible seems a bit off to me, especially when the original concept behind Invisibility was to do stuff completely unnoticed. We shouldn't be choosing when Sentinels use their abilities; they should be disabled entirely while invisible.

Speaking as a Loki player right from the start, Invisibility does not need a buff. Loki is far from useless, and, now that Sentinels get cloaked, is incredibly difficult to kill for anything that isn't the Stalker. Squishiness doesn't matter when you can't get hit, and lack of offensive abilities doesn't matter when you can't get hit, nor does it matter when your enemies are permanently disabled from using ranged attacks. Hell, a lack of offensive abilities is actually a huge plus, since in their place are defensive abilities that enemies will never become too high a level for (Decoy aside).

Edited by SortaRandom

I don't mind either way. In the end,I just wanted to point out a bug.I just thought adding some kind of synergy between sentinels and Loki would make him more appealing to other players.Even if it's just by a tiny bit.Now personally, i don't think Loki is useless,either.As I said before,I'm pretty much a Loki maniac.Nonetheless,he does need a buff.Loki's abilities are by no means weak, but there are just sooo many better options.As for Invisibility,at some point (+/- lvl 75) Loki will get 1-shotted by pretty much everything,due to his poor stats.Even a few stray bullets or some melee running up to you while you're casting Invisibility mean death.Now compare that to Ash's Invisibility:Yes, it has a shorter duration.On the other hand,its costs are lower and it provides a stagger around him,preventing the issue with melees running up to you while you're stuck casting.Also, Ash's base stats are far superior to Loki's,naturally giving him more survivability.It's not about Loki being weak.It's about how his abilities/stats fare, compared to other frames(keyword: balance).Just my 2 cents.

Edit: On a side note, Radial disarm is Loki's ult and as such has very high costs.That aside,it has very limited range and will never be able to cover all enemies.Also,enemies who got their guns taken away, deal insane amount of damage.Not to mention that Radial disarm is completely useless against Infested.Speaking of which,once again due to Loki's underwhelming stats, he's super vulnerable to poison.i'm talking about the " touch it even once and it's certain death" kind of vulnerable.

Edited by iSmallfry