Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • You can now properly waypoint floating Scintillant in Isolation Vault missions. When you waypoint a Scintillant it will mark it as such instead of creating a default waypoint on the wall through/beyond it. 

Nice.
Can you also please add the same for Cetus Wisps?

• Like 4

Fixing Railjack by removing as much of Railjack from Railjack as possible.

I guess that's technically an improvement lol.

...By 2025 you'll just click on the railjack node and it'll take you directly inside inside the enemy ship.

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Like 20

1 hour ago, nslay said:

What happens if you equip Vulklok on the sentinel? It should be able to kill a lot of things by itself with that weapon... then it should definitely gain affinity. Since I play mostly solo, this is how I ranked Moas and Sentinels... by giving them weapons that actually one-shot almost all Star Chart enemies.

It shouldnt matter. You should still get affinty from other players kills.

And I've ranked all my sentinels in ESO without issue. Never been a problem before. Will be a hotfix for it later, i bet.

Edited by --Q--Twospot
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed the Bane Mods applying the increased Damage twice. 

•  

WHY

so by bane it includes all FACTION damage, smite, bane, expell & from rivens?

• Like 3

Whenever I select a new mission after completing one it will load endlessly, forcing me to go dry dock after every single mission.

Edited by Yannik
  • Like 2

Companions are not gaining affinity or gaining tiny affinity, and posting rank ups that don't stick and are lost at mission end.  Result, cannot rank up companions currently.  Bumping for awareness.

Edited by Draedloth
  • Like 3

Thank you for this update DE!

Also, very important:

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

New Railjack Armaments

• VORT

• Electrical pulse projector: emits a volley of wide charged arcs that can knock out enemy systems. 

I hope the electrical pulse weapon named "Vort" is referencing what I think it's referencing 😳

f5177a7248e4616ee6e46ebe88cf45b3b4d891c7.jpg

HALF LIFE CROSSOVER WHEN

• Like 2

I noticed that we STILL can't trade Primed Chilling Grasp. It's only been a week & I have 2 extra of them in my collection that are gradually becoming more & more worthless over time, thanks alot DE, your response time is astounding.

• Like 3

Miss Revive from 6 now is 4

How to reload Forge ? .I see nope Forge

Resources form where,frоm mission for space ship

Crew is missing when join other 2 player kick Pilot 

and give 100% lag 

Edited by BDT_Flames
  • Like 2

When will be active Blur reflection option in video settings for enhanced engine? Some textures are ugly  - specifically in Void missions and even on orbiter.

Its been a long time and nothing has changed about textures quality on enhanced engine.
Edited by razorr974

4 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Bad idea, everyone was making posts on how they DIDN'T want this in the game. Now railjack is going to be less "go to the foundry i need flux energy stat" and more "haha energy pizza go brrr"

Example A:

Fully agree.

Next patch notes: You can no longer infuse proteas dispensary on other frames & add cooldown to energy pizza's on RJ.

• Like 12

Thanks for the update. I recently reinstalled the game and I was trying different builds on my Zephyr. It is great to see that one of my favorite frames isn't totally forgotten.

Also, where is the tl;dr version of the update notes ? 😅

First impressions... this update to railjack sucks (and I'm being polite)

• Formerly maxed out mods are no longer maxed out (often by gaining higher ranks) meaning I need to waste credits and endo to max them out...  I might be rank 28, have 35mil+ in credits but I shouldn't need to pay out to max things I'd already done. 
  • Going to need forma to fit everything in too....
  • Formerly maxed out defensive capabilities of my ship is now nerfed because we didn't get any hulls as compensation for the removal of the old mods that did the same thing until I actually farm the maps for the new hull bit.
  • The energy drain on ship abilities is stupidly high meaning the 'fun' part of the ship wasn't usable for more than 2 shots in my case.... not saying the old spam abilities was perfect but it's better than what we have now.
  • Intrinsics UI is dreadful, due to the stupid need to press OK each time (why is it not like the mod levelling) I ended up maxing the wrong one from just clicking mouse/return/mouse/return and as per usual you can't 'undo' anything
  • Actually feel the cost of intrinsics is too high still
  • It just doesn't feel as fun as the old version
  • All the changes feel a little 'shady', like they've been designed to push players to buy boosters, forma or things with plat rather than actually making the game mode better.
  • Don't feel the 'rewards' for being a tier3 early adopter are fair considering what we've ended up with after the change.

The only positive thing I actually found about the changes to railjack was the ability to have more than one build setup... but even that isn't great because it ignores the parts of the ship like the engines so we're basically stuck with the same 'build' for the railjack parts unless we manually change them..

edit: note for reference, I played solo (khora) and didn't spam any energy pizza etc.

Edited by LSG501
few additions
  • Like 22

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed the Bane Mods applying the increased Damage twice. 

Please don't call this a fix. Its been working this way for 6 years at least and never presented a problem. It could have been "fixed" at any point and wasn't, so call this what it is: a hard nerf to damage over time effects.

I mind the change, don't get me wrong. Bane mods were the only thing propping up Gas damage. What I mind more is having to dig through 20 pages of patch notes to find a substantive, negative, change to how MULTIPLE damage types function, hidden away as a single line item in fixes.

• Like 13

@[DE]MeganWelp, before this update I had a fully maxed out grid with a node filled with an avionic as required. With this mod based plexus, I can slip in 5 fully maxed mods. Sorry DE but that is not good enough. Those polarities should be universal just as the grid was, and the time spent upgrading the grid should be the same for everyone that maxed out the avionics grid.  2 steps forward 5 back. Why should we spend forma on a system that previously did not require anyone to spend more grind time to get forma or spend plat to updgade a system that worked perfectly well?

• Like 25

Did a few solo missions...

1) IDK if it's the double login bug or even the same code as Twitch drops, but I didn.t receive my early adopters package even after a re-login then just randomly got it after returning from the dojo.

2) Number of occupied/free wreckage slots... Are we capped at 20 restored wreckages or is it just a display issue?

3) Warframe energy... Yes, Hyldrin is as OP and Wukong as useless at piloting as I thought.  Seriously, what was wrong with flux?

Corpus proximas look undeniably cool though, and are generally fun, at least the one I tried.

• Like 5

1. since you nerf khora sometimes you can´t even hit enemies in front of you with wipclaw and causes random staggers

2. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette effects they suck 

3.give us the option to keep the crystal armor on the gara kaleida skin or even better make the armor stand alone, and add the wings to the syandana

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look too dumb

5.you haven´t fix any of this textures  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/page/3/#comments ,changing stuff after purchase is a scam!!

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

6.wisp "walking" sound not working

7. gauss feet are bug

8.nikana zaw holster style is bug

9.now that you kill steel essence farm, can you rollback the survival AI enemies just stand doing nothing 

10. broken acolyte spawn on kuva survival steel path

11.the trash light and reflections make the game look like plastic

this is from jupiter

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-52.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1246343-next-gen-light-and-reflection-makes-everything-look-like-plastic/?tab=comments#comment-12016222

12. metallic materials look like trash if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

lets compress the textures into oblivion what could possibly go wrong?

13. lavos 2 resets sprint toggle

• Like 6

Things are bad in a big way.

I didn't get any bundle despite maxing out railjack grid and having built many parts, dirac got transferred into endo at 1:1 despite the railjack mods now requiring 100x the endo to upgrade, the new railjack modes appear to be bugged i.e. defense extracting at 5 rounds gives the failure message, and there's no reward, no explanation of how long you should stay for the reward, railjack is way underpowered now compared to what we were used to because the capacity is nowhere near what one would need to fill out all the slots with max mods even with everything forma'd, NPC crews are very weak and even at rank 5 gunnery they can't even shoot off drop pods, kuva lich crews are underwhelming, only usable for defense, can't even be trained to shoot. Ah yes complex systems point and shoot.

Can't even find the side turrets, there's now a back turret for.. some reason, even though intrinsic #2 from gunnery gives you 360 vision, gunner crewmen wont man or shoot the forward cannon, and you can't set secondary roles for crew i.e. prioritize defense if breached, or prioritize repair if catastrophic malfunction..

There's a lot broken and underwhelming and while I played some railjack before I'm not even gonna play warframe for a while now, so put off am I from it.

• Like 12