Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Megan

13 minutes ago, Nox-Inruptio said:

That mark 2 reactors can out-perform mark 3 reactors *at* all is trashy, I could see them being as good as mark 3's and then mark 3's getting the secondary, but no - mark 2's flatly better? I'd have saved mark 2's.  I've got 1 of each type of reactor - but.. all mark 3's because who would keep an "inferior"reactor.

ATM I'd have to say without any cool down reduction on turrets at least my build is handicapped.  That's one of my largest complaints.

I honestly thought the stats on the first page were wrong way round... and to be fair I haven't got ANY mk2 items (same reason as you) to check but have you checked this from in game stats?

If it is true and it's deliberate and not just a 'screw up' on DE's end (wouldn't be the first time) that's just taking the proverbial....  it's pretty obvious that no one would have kept the mk2 things from the old railjack as they were worse, and rightly so due to being mk2. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Reduced Odonata (Archwing Quest) Component Crafting times. The time barrier to craft the Odonata for new players felt excessive, as the Archwing Quest is an early step in overall progression and of course crucial for Railjack.

• Odonata Components: Reduced to 1 minute each from 30 minutes each.

• Odonata Archwing: Reduced from 1 hour to 10 minutes.

•  

This is a great step in the right direction! However!, there's a little more to go:

You need to add the Archwing Deployer to the archwing quest rewards and skip the whole farm/grind/cetus thing entirely.

This thing. Fix this thing next. Remove the 'i have to do WHAT to use my archwing i just did the segment for?'

Also the archgun deployer. that needs to be decoupled from profit taker now that necramechs are a thign.

unknown.png

HECK YEA! BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!

My only two early critics are
1) If I launch from dry docks I would love to fly my own ship and allow anyone to join. I don't want to have to always find a group of 3 friends to guarantee that. It makes sense following the rules you added when launching from your ship nav, but when on my railjack nav I would like that to be assumed I am launching my own ship.

2) I enjoyed Flux Energy, it added another layer of making sure not to use to much ammunition and to balance what you had. Now, with using my WF energy (which with a simple mod you get 1 back every second and the forge is constantly giving you more) means I just fire it willy nilly. I am just saying, maybe having each person having their own flux that is outside of your WF mods would be good and fun in it's own way.

Other than that tho, THIS IS GREAT! Can't wait to put a Kuva on the ship (^_^)

EDIT:
3) For the missions, let the away crew do it's own thing. Like for extermination, why does the whole crew have to be pulled in? Is it too much memory in the server (which I understand)? I like the idea of, if it's an easy mission, and two people think they have it, let the away crew do it's thing and then those who stay can shoot and collect resources and stuff.

EDIT:
4) After clearing all Venus missions, MAN is this a lack luster mission update. I like the overhall to the ship system and how it's smaller. But now I need more endo that I also need for warframes and their mods which now I need to put on my Ship mods, and then you just get ripped into the "away crew" mission which isn't really that. Its a warframe mission crammed into a Railjack mission where there is no need for a ship crew. I feel like what I think Railjack should be and was is very different from the views the company has of it. At least, that's what this update so far seems like.

Edited by Kozmit
Change of thought
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Malziel said:

Congratulations! You completely destroyed railjack. Removing the ability to always start on your own ship, AI teammates that will literally just walk in circles, liches that refuse to fight the enemy, forcing non-railjack gameplay into railjack seemingly without being able to earn plexus affinity... and my god the myriad bugs that we thought would finally have been dealt with like infinite loading are all back and somehow even worse.

And to top it all off, corpus crewships that make it impossible to solo-artillery them! I want to know who was behind this god awful decision and why they hate solo players so much. What an insulting update to drop for the few people who actually enjoyed railjack.

This kinda says it all.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added a ‘Self Shawzin Volume’ slider in the Audio options. 

Is the 'Self Mandachord Volume' slider new as well? 

nLaHJCX.jpg

I thought the GTA Theme seemed a little loud today.

Might as well complete the set and add an 'Ally Shawzin Volume' slider.

Edited by Buff00n

As one of the few people who genuinely enjoyed Lavos from the outset, could you maybe get rid of the half second delay on reactivating/cancelling Vial Rush? 
I agree with the change being made to Transmutation Probe but I have one big issue with it being done to Vial Rush.  
I was double tapping it as a damage/cc tool against clumped enemies since it dropped the vials in a circle around my feet. Now it's become increasingly frustrating to click the button like 3-4 times before it actually cancels the ability and watching my Vials go flailing wildly off during that time. I liked having that option since I don't always need to fully channel or even mostly channel Vial Rush given the fast paced nature of Warframe mobility. So seeing a revert on that one tiny change would be appreciated. 

Otherwise the other changes to Lavos are seriously appreciated! 

• Like 5

AFFINITY IS STILL NOT BEING BANKED IF YOU DONT LEAVE THE RJ TO ORB

Thanks for the reskinned missions that people literally asked you guys to stop doing.. got so excited for this as an early adopter! YOU guys have once again settled for minimum effort on mechanics.

Most of these missions is just fluff again and the principles you promised to make it better are non existent. 

A pretty new look is not enough! Closer to alienating another veteran player.

• Like 6

Best update ever imao. BEST!!!! Thank you DE. This update almost complete my wet dream about this game.  Now RJ feels like rly something that i can play long and it's feel fun, it's good mix between old systems and new. Though Kuva Liches kinda out of place and dying too fast, i was surprised how my lich was alive only first minute and others AI members that supposed to be weaker than him, be with me until the end of the mission. 

Now we need romance options :3

Well and i wonder if you guys can do something similar to old ground missions, like expand them similar to RJ missions, smaller than open world but still fun.

So, after playing few Railjack missions, I came to conclusion DE managed to F* it up terribly and what is even worse, it not only created dozens of new bugs and glitches, but even revived some older ones, all reaching the point where missions are literally unplayable. I found and counted over 30 I encountered, stopped after that, it became so clear how rushed this update was.

A good example, we played Saturn mission, we had to disable weapon platform, game glitched in several ways and made mission impossible to finish or leave by normal means (we had to do Alt + F4 to get out of the endless loop):

1. Unability to hack consoles to disable platform, and infinite enemy spawning (we all felt like sitting ducks).

2. Abort mission became impossible, saying we already completed the objective and that we need to finish the mission (I felt like I was one of those guys trapped in SAO game, with unability to log out, yeah, anime reference). The hell is this DE?!

3. Catastrophic Hull Breach didn't result in mission end, instead, Railjack got restored to full HP, shields, and it went all over again and again, literally trapped in mission.

DE, new record, new worst update. Not only did you completely degraded the Railjack which was fine and needed only fine tuning and QoL improvements, you even released the update in such a miserable state is became game breaking in 7 out of 10 cases.

Edited by CoreXCZ
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, CoreXCZ said:

ramblings

works on my (7 years old potato) machine :^)

3 hours ago, Nox-Inruptio said:

The repair speed on Crew ships is also excessively fast.  I actually like that they can fully repair, but when it's too fast for a solo player to be able to get destroy one crew ships core before their rail jack is being breached - that's too fast.  The limited revo, and 2 dome charges is leaving me personally not wanting to do railjack period, and I loved it.

First: try to be quick about. I had absolutely no problem soloing (with 3 npc crew) Veil.

Second: try the forge, also not sure about what your "limited revo" is.

Third: try the forge, again. You can have more than 2 Dome Charges. Seriously, do it. It's definitely a visual bug, go to bug reporting.

• Like 1

So far, not really a big fan of this update.  The new space parts of Railjack missions are all right.  But they're just a spectacle before everyone files off the ship to go do some typing ho hum warframe mission.  Honestly?  I'll take the old clear a few dozen fighters and then blow of a grineer missile platform to this stuff since, while the former ain't very exciting either, it at least, well, utilizes the Railjack as more than a battle taxi.  And so far the missions feel very samey.  Blow up some ships, some security nodes, then everyone get off to go do some regular Warframe mission.  So far only done some Venus missions with friends, so maybe it changes later, I dunno.

Also not a fan of the Plexus.  We were promised less grind, but now I got a pittance of endo in return from previous time investment to put into a new system that now demands several times that PLUS credits PLUS Forma PLUS affinity leveling when, previously, we only, only needed Dirac and to find the Avionics in question.  This feels less like a grind reducer and more like a ploy to push people to buy Forma bundles and boosters.  Let's not even talk about how it seems a bunch of old Avionics were straight up deleted without refunding the Dirac/Endo used on them, which were most of the ones I had invested in, or a bunch of resources were outright removed only to be replaced with new resources.

Also, bringing own Railjack mod loadout... feels off?  Kinda neat, but how am I shoving my own missiles into someone else's Railjack?  But really, more importantly, you guys left the Form Up Avionic in.  And now anyone can equip it to randomly troll everyone else in the mission by dragging them all back to the Railjack when they please.  This wasn't a problem before since host could simply not equip the Avionic.  But now?  Now anyone can bring it and all you can do is quit the mission.

Also also, check the proc damage on the new missions.  My Archwing got hit with an electric proc that was doing like ~1k damage a tick.  On Venus.  I've also been downed a couple times by electric procs in my Warframe from the new Corpus units as the level 15 ones were procing like 200+ damage a tick.  Challenge is good, but the damage on those procs feels a little out of line for the enemy levels.  The rest of the attacks felt okayish, I think.  Wasn't paying close attention.

Not all doom and gloom though.  I do like how the Orphix mission has had its pace picked up dramatically compared to the operation.  So, a coordinated squad could potentially clear 36 much more quickly than in the past.  However, there did not seem to be any fallen mechs anymore.  Is that intentional?

Also, Zephyr's rework so far seems rather good.  I can't give a fully objective opinion on it yet because 1) I've rejiggered my build significantly so am still adjusting and 2) old habits keep me trying to play it like old Zephyr and I forget to take advantage of the new stuff.  But otherwise, like... I'm actually using Airburst (when I remember to use it), so it seems to be an improvement.

• Like 7

Mods and polarities are bad enough for regular weapons, we really don't need more of it. Crit/status secondary weapons with riven and primed ammo mutation literally need every slot polarized. That is far from being able to customize builds.

As long as there are reactor and polarization options with RJ mods, I am not going to do a single RJ mission. If there is any positive with RJ update, negative that comes from mods outweighs all of it.

Swapping to endo is also dumb idea. Newer players are going to hate endo even more now...

• Like 9

Well, as someone who had a fully upgraded RJ before the changes, I can live with the new system.   There's one thing that massively disappointed me, though:  I've been saving Intrinsic points since the Command intrinsic was announced over a year ago, and saving some particularly cool Kuva Liches in anticipation of the promised ability to give orders to my lich minions.  When Command went live today, I immediately ranked it up to the current max, looking forward to finally being able to give orders to my Lich collection, even if the only thing we could do was use them as RJ crew or summon one as an ally in missions... then I found out that the ally summoning ability can only be used on non-Lich crew, something that's obsolete before release, since we already have warframe specters.  Then, just to add insult to injury, it turns out liches don't actually have any crew skills, they don't talk while on board the RJ, and they revert to having the default Excal helmet trophy.  Rank 10 Command had better be really amazing to make up for this...

Damn, I was hoping to be able to order a lich ally to board crewships for me...

• Like 2

nice update overall.

Besides the nerfs to Zephyrs first making it almost useless inside ship hallways.

Oh and the Zephyr skin which completely breaks the lore rulings put in place for skins.... Come on the whole bundle looks like it was pulled straight from the destiny franchise...

I say this as A player who has spent 1000s of hours maining Zephyr from when she came out. 

Yes I'm a salty vet. No I don't expect anything to change Because it won't. 

But I'm sick of my Zephyr tripping up over the smallest rock like a small child walking on uneven ground for the first time....

Tldr: Ok buffs. terrible nerf. and totally disregard for their own rules.

Would you please just let us fire  the Tunguska cannon from pilot seat DE! One can never solo rail jack comfortably if you have to stop piloting, run to the cannon seat, fire cannon and move back to pilot seat. Not only does it make no sense, it feels clunky and interrupts gameplay just because you think a Grendizer animation in the middle of battle looks cool. At least let us assign a crew member to the cannon and target paint what we want them to fire at. I have multiple problems with the crew at the moment-

* Gunners - Absolutely amazing, in fact they are so good when leveled up that it keeps you hardly get to shoot anything as pilot. However RIP tether, they shoot the tether before it can entangle anything.

* Defense - Passable, I have yet to give them good weapon loadouts and they seem to be doing an ok job on Venus proxima. Will have to check once I get to Pluto 

* Engineer - Good, I never had to worry about hazards on the ship as he was repairing everything quickly. Do they just repair or replenish dome charges etc. as well? If they can that would be awesome.

* Pilot - Never tried as I prefer to pilot my railjack myself.

However, I am really hoping the mk3 being worse than mk2 is simply an oversight. If not it is the most asinine decision you have ever taken DE and that’s really saying something considering the other whoppers you have pulled of late. 

I am enjoying the transitional combat from railjack to normal missions much more than I thought I would. However, I think for such an endeavor, you should allow for a ground squad assembled separately from the railjack squad. As in let the railjack squad continue fighting in the space mission while the ground squad works on the infiltration, defense etc mission. Let me keep my hired crew and let them do their assigned jobs with the ground team only helping with repelling boarders till they start their own mission inside the ship.

• Like 6

Obviously, I think they just forcibly split the code of an ordinary corpus ground task into the railjack task, which can explain why the whole team must enter the map or reach the evacuation point for settlement, and why the corpus railjack map is commanded by lotus not CY, because this part of the code is the code of the old map and not a newly designed railjack map

• Like 6

Sorry for the tone, but i hope the navigation UI is broken, and it isn't suppose to look like this.
Yeah, didn't get Legendary Core or Umbra Forma and the endo refund seems too low, more forma needed etc...
Will fixing this delay U30.?

This is great, I hope I can get into Railjack now. I've found it overly complicated before.

Now if I log in, and go to the Railjack mod section, and hover my mouse over "Integrated" for example, and I find out that there is no explanatory tooltip, I will be 100% disappointed. I've said it before, use more freaking tooltips.

e: I am disappoint

what's the problem? Why isn't there a setting "show tooltips"? I would even go so far and have 3 settings:

"no tooltips"

"tooltips"

"detailed beginner tooltips"

Edited by supernils

For those that want to Solo venture out in space, Hiring a Crew member can help

Awesome new thing and we cant use it in public missions?? ehm...."cool". WHY?!

Removed Kuva Tonkor’s arming distance from projectiles. 

FINALY. NOW REMOVE STUPID SELFSTAGGER  FROM THE GAME AND WE ARE GOOD

• Like 5