Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

This is great, I hope I can get into Railjack now. I've found it overly complicated before.

Now if I log in, and go to the Railjack mod section, and hover my mouse over "Integrated" for example, and I find out that there is no explanatory tooltip, I will be 100% disappointed. I've said it before, use more freaking tooltips.

e: I am disappoint

what's the problem? Why isn't there a setting "show tooltips"? I would even go so far and have 3 settings:

"no tooltips"

"tooltips"

"detailed beginner tooltips"

Edited by supernils

For those that want to Solo venture out in space, Hiring a Crew member can help

Awesome new thing and we cant use it in public missions?? ehm...."cool". WHY?!

Removed Kuva Tonkor’s arming distance from projectiles. 

FINALY. NOW REMOVE STUPID SELFSTAGGER  FROM THE GAME AND WE ARE GOOD

• Like 5

Sorry I need Clarification on "Combat Damage" when it comes to crew members, is this damage boost happening whenever they do damage, ie gunnery and boarder defense, or is is just when using personal weapons?

• Like 1

Unfortunately I feel that the resource bundle 1, 2 and 3 are all quite lacking, even if they were 10x the amount they would be barely decent. I did one railjack mission on lowest level earth proxima got more than 10k titanium, 600 asterite and 10 nullstone within 15 min. This was without a booster, tho had a booster so got double. So when stating that early adopters would be "taken care of" and giving this frankly pitiful amount, smh. 

Mod upgrading cost increasing to 10x what it was previously yet no increase in endo acquisition to match is very odd. Would love to hear the explanation of how this reduces the grind and makes things more accessible to newer players. 

Really dislike the use of forced joint missions as part of the railjack missions. Fight in space then force all members to disembark to go into enemy base. No more split up and take on separate tasks. Second part of railjack missions wont start unless all players are present.

I liked the option to join a crew not being forced to start one. If there was no crew I could join I got that message and could start a mission myself !!!IF I WANTED TO!!!. Dont make me the host if I dont want to, give me option and never decide for me. 

Polarities, especially for the tactical mods but also hold true for all mods. For tactical mods this now prevents you from using combinations of tactical mods that you could use before update. All this does is reduce player choice and build diversity. If you want creativity in the player base you have to allow the space for it. The more strict the requirement are (like what can fit in a polarized slot) the fewer things (builds) can match that and choices decrease as well as creativity.

Liches being limited to a defensive roll, why? Would be way cooler if you could bring them with you into the enemy base. Otherwise why bother going through the tedious process of converting a lich? Just to have them stand around looking pretty? 

Rank 10 Gunnery, why give a negative skill "overheats 20% faster" and for something like snaps to lead indicator. Aiming for the lead indicator is only "accurate" at close distances, the calculating if far of if the target is a fair distance away so I can only see problems with this skill. When they are close enough for this to be functioning properly it is not needed. Personally I hate having control taken from me, so this skill is a hard pass, never select, accidental select stop playing railjack.

Mission types have to be adjusted to fit narrative for space missions, why board and personally kill each enemy rather than blow up the ship through either reactor overload or bombardment. If we are capturing the ship then fly the ship somewhere after removing the enemies. And please tell me there is not a bunch of waiting for the clock mission again. Action game sure, what action are we taking.... we are waiting for the clock, oh right nice action. 

• Like 12

>Fixed certain abilities (Ivara’s Sleep Arrow for example) opening up finishers on Demolisher units in Disruption missions. 

Thank you for another crutch that works just because

Can you pls explain 

New Rifle Mod: Internal Bleeding

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5).

And Miter(2.5 Fire rate)

Does it have X2 bonus or no??

Only did "refit", hired one crew and did first couple of Venus. Performance was good, no big bugs, few bacteria ... although alliance chat/Discord is full of unbelievable evidence of their existence.

1. Crew
    vOv Did my RJ fall last year, probably the tail end of its popularity and never had problem finding a squad. But ok, let's say Covid made us even more socially awkward and on paper, why not. Roster refresh is bit on the long side. With icon rework (no idea why you felt time spent on that was good investment) couldn't you just mark discounted vs premium so I don't have to remember how NPCs from 6 syndicates look if I disregard me remembering which syndicates I have good standing with?
    Of course I went for the jugular and hired Piloting 5 sweetie. Truth be told, no expectations. But this:
    Spoiler

649AE7A2BE15ABA2CEC7583DAF502EAF1F67805A

is rubbish. In about an hour letting her fly I barely saw any enemies on my screen and it seemed she was absolutely determined not to point the nose towards crewship. Most of the time I was looking at mission area border. More or less with her scrapping RJ bow along it. Maybe her friendly chat was just a lie and she actually wanted to get the hell out of Dodge. Kills were just from enemy fighters crashing into us and occasional straggler getting lost and ending up in her sights.
    Honestly, whoever coded this AI submitted their work content? With whoever accepted it saying "Good enough"? Pure RNG every 10 seconds to set direction would have looked better.
    With Gunnery 3 she was good enough at turret although am I correct to assume they won't use any battle mods we have equipped? Maybe I did see her fire Blackout Pulse once. Hard to say with all the cyan mess going around. You could use some colours towards UV you know, not everything associated with cold, magnetics and electricity is #88FFFF.
  2. Avionics and stuff
    Triple facepalm. We had a piece of equipment to fit and play with and you went and removed a third of that if not more. Less room to fiddle with setup and more time spent inside. So, by this metric, can we expect RJ 3.0 to be just another glorified taxi that takes us to same old missions starchart and everything rest is full of? After all, happened to AW so why not, right? Adding insult to injury, "Exit ship via AW". Bravo, Omni OP. Biggest contributor to me getting Eng 10 back when was refusal to entertain some silly mini-game you devised ... which maybe, at a stretch, makes sense when mining but is absolutely ridiculous when fishing and repairing. Here, have some Electrical hazard.
    Don't actually mind yet another thing to level up and spend formas on that much but whole change from vehicle oriented gameplay to some weird hybrid is disappointing. Maybe you should just finally admit defeat at designing anything that's not pure frame based and move on.
  3. Resources, Ash and Oberon
    Resources, fine. Open worlds could benefit from such rework far more btw. Both frames, no. Oberon in particular. If you need explanation as to why then I'm left speechless.
  4. What's with your hate of -D- polarity?
    Did anybody actually look at distribution of polarities on RJ mods or did you just run a script that's obviously in favor of -r-?
  • Like 8
23 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Warframe Arcanes in Rotation C (i.e every 12 Orphix) of Orphix gamemode in Corpus Railjack (max 36 Orphix). 

Drop rate is funny

Ash and Oberon have been added to Railjack rewards! Oberon Component Blueprints can be found in Grineer Railjack Point of Interest and Skirmish Bonus reward tables, and Ash Component Blueprints can be found in Corpus Railjack Defense mission rewards

So basically harrow/khora/nidus farm 2.0?

Your Crew will help keep your Railjack operational when flying in squads of less than 4 players.

Loved the gunners rest AI needs some work

Removed the hold-to-charge mechanic from the beginning, and instead made it so you can hold the ability at any time while in the air and it will toggle into hovering mode that holds you in flight while draining Energy every second.

Can we get a mechanism where we can stop dashing mid air? (Similar to Gauss mach rush or current Lavos vial rush)

• Like 1
On 2021-03-19 at 4:18 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed completing the Feed the Beast Nightwave Act not increasing Nightwave Standing until the player reloads to the ship or relogs. 

can we get a fix or at least a statement on why this weekly NW act only awards 1.5k on PC?

Tether Battle Mod (previously Avionic) has been balanced for new gameplay:

• No longer shoot to destroy.

• Tethered enemies that die will explode, dealing damage to those around them. 

• Tethered enemies take additional damage from Railjack weapons.

• Dev Comment:
    Tether trivialized a lot of the Railjack gameplay flow with how lethal it was toward Fighter units in one-size-fits-all bursts. We want to justify the changes to Tether in the scope of adding new content. Tether would continue to trivialize all phases of Railjack fighter content, so we have made changes to make it more phase-based while still rewarding tactical placement. 

Does not do as promised at all.  This reminds me of the time where the rework for the Simulor was put into effect and the first iteration of the weapon made it appear like the Simulor was nerfed into the ground!  It took more than three re-works to get to to something like was promised, and I suspect this is going to happen with Tether on Railjack.

1. It doesn't even do what it promises about tethering enemies (like Arcane Lockdown) so that gunners and pilot can shoot at them -- like fish in a barrel -- and just happily glides by the enemies ignoring them as they pass by.  

2. because of this it doesn't remotely tether the enemies, they don't blow up for additional damage.  

And in case anyone is wondering, 

aU9QRtN.jpg

On 2021-03-19 at 10:18 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Void Hole

Continues to not work as promised and while it can create a lovely effect in front of the ship, it's not doing the damage it promises and seems to be more like a light show and not a weapon of destruction.  

Overall, I think that it's a step in the right direction that there is going to be a unified ticketing system being used at (Trello), but for some reason we're waiting for a go-live date as I went there and have no access to bug reporting and tracking with a verified login.  

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Does not do as promised at all.  This reminds me of the time where the rework for the Simulor was put into effect and the first iteration of the weapon made it appear like the Simulor was nerfed into the ground!  It took more than three re-works to get to to something like was promised, and I suspect this is going to happen with Tether on Railjack.

1. It doesn't even do what it promises about tethering enemies (like Arcane Lockdown) so that gunners and pilot can shoot at them -- like fish in a barrel -- and just happily glides by the enemies ignoring them as they pass by.  

2. because of this it doesn't remotely tether the enemies, they don't blow up for additional damage.  

And in case anyone is wondering, 

aU9QRtN.jpg

Continues to not work as promised and while it can create a lovely effect in front of the ship, it's not doing the damage it promises and seems to be more like a light show and not a weapon of destruction.  

Overall, I think that it's a step in the right direction that there is going to be a unified ticketing system being used at (Trello), but for some reason we're waiting for a go-live date as I went there and have no access to bug reporting and tracking with a verified login.  

heh have you tryed tether? How that works now? ;-)

Also there are missions where no abilities work and missions where some partialy work (tho voidhole doesnt work at all)

3 hours ago, evil713 said:

Sorry I need Clarification on "Combat Damage" when it comes to crew members, is this damage boost happening whenever they do damage, ie gunnery and boarder defense, or is is just when using personal weapons?

they dont know and they wont tell you 

• Like 1

A handful of thoughts/feedback in no particular order:

• (bug) When in a railjack mission and not host, I cannot vote on the next mission.  This has been an issue on EVERY RJ mission since the new release for me and other non-host players.
  • (functionality/qol) Why do we have to start a new mission to complete the last one (and be able to leave safely retaining my loot)?  This needs to be better.
  • (functionality/qol) If I configure my plexus for a turret role, I don't want to be stuck hosting (and piloting).  Similarly, if I configure for piloting and try to host... I may randomly join another squad where my piloting build is wasted.  I realize hosting isn't player determined for good reasons, but there needs to be some way to use the right build for the right role.
  • (commentary) I have mixed feelings about the new 'regular' missions embedded in RJ content.  At first I thought it sounded great... and then I realized that a bunch of new content is now locked behind a RJ gate.  Don't really like that.
  • Like 5

With Nyx Prime and Valkyr Prime permanently unvaulted (which seems like a rediculous idea, why not just make the railjack unvault have a seperate rotation than the vanilla unvault?)

what does this mean for the Nyx and Valkyr Prime accessories? Will they be made available at some point or are they just gone forever and we're screwed?

• Like 2
On 2021-03-19 at 11:25 PM, SinlairePrime said:

Releasing today is a mistake. You have dozens of pages of changes and updates and all of the bugs are going to be left over the weekend to piss off the player base. You should have delayed to Monday. 

And then they hotfixed on the weekend....

• Like 2
On 2021-03-19 at 9:18 AM, [DE]Megan said:

We removed the Pilot Drift Maneuver Charge/Launch because it could often lead to unintended collisions. Pilots can now impeccably maneuver their craft at high speeds once they learn the new system without risk of accidents!

I kind of miss this, especially with ramsled vs. lower level fighters. Maybe bring it back, but with more control. If you have boost and maneuver on separate hotkeys it's less clunky to control. You could also do something like hitting maneuver again while already drifting will do the charge/lunch functionality and require you have maneuver bound to a specific key while leaving the boost/maneuver combo key without the charge/launch functionality. Maybe it would feel too redundant with the new blink feature, I don't have that unlocked to see if it's a good replacement. 

I would really like to see command expanded. Maybe let us assign 5 crew instead of 3 and when in a multi-player game you get to have the first two at all times, but replace the other 3 with other players as it currently works. When solo this would let you leave 2 crew in gunner seats while having the ability to move 3 around to other roles. Having one sit on defender would also feel less like a waste most of the time. 

Engineer crew should also automatically use the forge to replenish things if they don't have something to repair. 

As others have mentioned, it'd be nice if you could stick a crew in forward artillery. When solo, using forward artillery to take out crewships is a lot less time consuming than having to manually take them out. It is still annoying to have to get out of the pilots seat and do it yourself though. A crewmember if assigned to that seat should just automatically take the shot at a crewship if it would destroy it and stop the channel if you turn away. If you're piloting you can see the gun charging up I believe, so you'd know they were about to take the shot. If you had both a crew member piloting and a crew member in artillery, the AI should have the pilot face vulnerable crew ships and have the other crew member take the shot. That along with engineers replenishing munitions would be a great combo, especially if you want them to handle the ship while you leave to do something else. 

Those changes would also be nice if we got more "pure" Railjack nodes instead of just the new combo nodes that are a mini-RJ mission followed by essentially a separate standard mission. I think the combo missions are fine to have, but there should also be more gamemodes for pure-RJ missions. The existing combo missions I wouldn't consider pure RJ missions because once you enter the other part of the mission, you can't even teleport back to your RJ, it just becomes invulnerable and you're really not playing RJ anymore. You're not coming and going, you're now in a new separate mission that happens to be in the same session. While you do board other ships and stations in pure RJ missions, you're never locked into that location in the way you are in these new combo nodes. 

Another interesting thing would be if you added piloting modes for crew members so you could tell the pilot to attack or evade for example. If you want your pilot to just keep the ship alive while you're off doing something off the ship, the evasive mode could be one that has the pilot run and evade combat, perhaps even automatically use certain ship abilities like cloak. This would also pair well with being able to keep some crew members even in multiplayer games. If you all want to get off the ship to do something, you could leave an evasive pilot outside that just runs and evades enemies while you're busy elsewhere. The attack mode would obviously be for if you want it to be taking out fighters and crewships still while you're off the ship. 

I'd also say that looting range of the ship still isn't ideal. I see mods and things floating around in space still, even with the boosting increases loot radius intrinsic. If you don't want to just give universal loot radius for ships, maybe add an additional mechanic like if gunners shoot loot it auto loots/teleports it to you and crew gunners will shoot loot intentionally if they don't have another target? 

• Like 9

This update has been a great reminder why I do not play railjack. It's not very fun when every single mission takes 20-40 minutes. And now most of them don't even take place in the railjack, but on on new tiles, that center around the warframes. Very cool, I hate it.

• Like 14

Sorry, but previously, some avionics cost maybe 4k dirac to fully max them. You refunded the dirac back into endo, and now want us to invest 30k endo back to get them fully ranked? You really think this is a fair conversion rate? You literally more than quadrupled the cost in some cases.

• Like 16

The new corpus crewships are obnoxious to deal with. Ordnance does not consistently hit all the shield generators in its AoE like it does with Grineer Crewships. The verticallity in Corpus Crewships is fine. It would be nice if the vertical pathways from top to bottom were slightly less cramped to allow the player to more freely traverse up & down (via means such as Nova's Wormhole, Zephyr's Tailwind, or even Valkyr's Ripline).

Objective WP's in Railjack require you to be way too close to the objective to show up (Security Nodes prior to boarding capital ships are the most egregious offenders).

The amount of Endo & Credits required is obscene and a far bigger barrier to entry than Dirac & Avionics ever were. Considering that DE wants this to be part of the core gameplay loop, you can't force this on new players who haven't even maxed out their Serration and Vitality. I say this as an MR 30 who had 500 000 Endo and over 40 000 000 credits when 29.10 went live. Endo and credit costs need to be scaled way back from what they are right now.

CC Railjack abilities feel thoroughly mediocre, even with +range reactors.

Crew are decent as anti-fighter gunners, but drop of sharply in effectiveness in any other role. Liches are not meaningfully more effective at dealing with borders than a Warframe Specter would. Something like Wukong's Celestial Twin or an auto-pilot Excalibur Umbra is as fast (if not faster). Crew do not target target nodes on the outside of large ships / stations, which is incredibly frustrating if you're playing solo and constantly need to go back and forth from being inside and outside just like before crew was introduced. The piloting is also sub-par. I only use it if there's an "anti-stationary Railjack" weapon in play and I'm onboard another ship.

Hull plating at Mk III feels a bit S#&$ to be honest, but managable. That cannot be said for MK I & II gear, much less for the truly hilarious joke that is Sigma plating. At a minium, hull plating needs some significant buffs for both Sigma & the MK I and II gear. Ideally also MK III.

People have already said it, but I'll say it again: the reworked corpus defense tileset is terrible. Enemies do not navigate it fast enough & spawn too far away.

The AoE hazards are overtuned. I didn't have any issues, but i just run Steel path viable builds nowadays on all my frames anyways, since i"m too lazy to swap back and forth when doing my dailies. But lower-geared players I taxied were getting killed regularly by the heat procs in the new "totally not Sabotage" mode and the electric procs that get thrown out so much.

The Orphix game mode is a chore. It suffers from the same problem Eidolons do: an overly diluted drop table. The pacing of the game-mode itself is _ok_ in terms of gameplay. I'd have preferred if we got an option to call the next Orphix in early, similar to how Defection does it and slightly extend the auto-spawn timer. It can be very overwhelming if you aren't already all geared up & know what to do from running the event when it first went live.

The drop tables seem to be overly stuffed with padding. If I wanted a single relic, I'd be running Capture or SO/ESO, not a 5-7 minute long Railjack mission.

Affinity gain no longer being given to equipped gear while on the Railjack is a massive downgrade. I regularly used the Veil Proxima for leveling companions & other gear. Having that affinity now go towards the Plexus (which I've finished formaing, which is absolutely obscene in and of itself), it's one less thing for me to do once I've gotten the new gear & mods this update brought.

Drop tables being overly diluted seems to be a theme with this update. Railjack gear should not appear in the same drop table as anything else. If a player has finished grinding Railjack gear, they can dissolve the duplicates for Endo and get their evergreen reward that way.

The bonus objectives are largely fine as they are right now. I'm glad they were added.

Railjack Intrinsics need more work. Not just the command intrinsic. Gunnery 10 is an absolute joke. Railjack Blink needs a shorter cooldown than it currently has. The Necramech buffs the Intrinsics bring feel meaningless.

Since we're on the topic of Necramechs: Bonewidow is a terrible Necramech & needs massive buffs to her 2 & 4. The ranged artillery mech (which is fine - without its damage dealing capability, the loss in mobility & utility compared to just being in a Warframe is what makes it a worthwhile tradeoff) shouldn't have better close-quarters protection than the melee-brawler mech does. Not to mention, the damage of the Exalted sword is utter garbage. I have sub-MR 10 melee weapons that are comparable.

Ordnance is incredibly underwhelming to use, even with every reload, damage, and travel speed upgrade slotted.

• Like 19

Thanks alot for the patch! But please dont keep the delay on lavos second ability i alredy tested it in the battle and its really restricting on how we want to use the ability.

• Like 1