Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Megan

Cleared railjack starchart and this update kinda slaps. I miss the bigger railjack tbh. I liked crafting and maintaining ammo for dome and energy. Removing hull ruptures was kinda dumb cause they weren't that annoying and there was something to do between forge cooldowns.

The entire gameplay loop I perfected around the forge and defense of Railjack and repairs is gone. Now what everybody does is fly in with primedflow and every gunner spams 3 for seeker volley and done and dusted in 2 mins. 

I have a strong railjack but can never use it cause match making changes. 

• Like 4

Hehe, two RJ missions were definitely enough for me to say this is the worst update DE has ever came with (and some previous ones were really bad already).

RJ gameplay is now totally stale, congrats. I have no idea why I even tried using Ash in RJ, he doesn't have enough energy pool to use anything, roflmao.

Then I went on the first Neptune mission, just to cancel it midway because that's freaking Orphix. Went on another one in the Void, which consisted in waiting endlessly for people to reach the objective points, because guess what, you can't continue the mission if there's one AFK guy. What is even this design ?

I have also no idea where went the turrets. I've found one, but the second one ? No idea. I don't care though.

Railjack was fun for dogfights, now not even this part is enjoyable. Especially because you have to destroy like 5 ships and the rest is Warframe content. Not even fun Warframe content, just exterminate with 30 enemies or a defense. A DEFENSE. Yeah. Y'know, the content everyone craves.

I honestly have no idea what's the point of such updates.

• Like 7

On 2021-03-19 at 4:18 PM, [DE]Megan said:

DOJO QUALITY OF LIFE ADDITIONS, CHANGES & FIXES:

4f52cd03e19b10af28052ef500712712.jpg  

• Brand new Open Space Dojo room, Starlight Market! A large Corpus market hall with a view of the stars!

• 161 brand new Corpus themed Dojo Decorations! From Holo screens, to an Auctioneer’s platform, the Dojo is your Corpus oyster!

• Clan Hall Ranking Order has been Removed. Build the Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall in any order your Clan desires.

• You can now preview Decorations. Room consoles give Architects the option to preview unfinished Decorations for 60 seconds.

• We have reduced the red zone areas in the Dojo! Build near doors - or even right through them!

• Research 6 backdrops in the Tenno Lab at the new Chromatic Research Console. Once Research is complete, you can change the Open Space backdrop from the room console!

• Ceres Backdrop

• Deimos Backdrop

• Earth Backdrop

• Saturn Backdrop

• Venus Backdrop

• Void Backdrop

• Removed the Construct Solar Rail and Research Solar Rail consoles from the Orokin Lab. This also removes the Solar Rail pop-ups! Dragon Key research remains.

• Years ago Solar Rails were retired in Update 16, but these consoles remained in the Orokin Lab. They are now also being officially retired as requested!

• Completed Researched Dojo items will also be indicated as such with the ‘Researched’ icon in the backdrop. 

• Completed Research tracking for the Orokin Lab and Chem Lab now aligns with available recipes.

• For example: The Ignis Wraith will now be hidden from Clan stats if the research is not complete, as per player feedback.

• Dojo Research UI Pass:

• Item prerequisites now appear in the hover popup. 

• The UI will also display if the prerequisite item has been researched yet or not. 

• Research now shows Research Requirements in the first on hover tab instead of Crafting Requirements until research has been completed.

• Crafting Requirements appear in the second tab on unresearched items. 

• “Awaiting Funds” state now has its own icon so you can tell at a glance the difference between something being researched and something still requiring contributions.

• “In Progress” state now shows updating time in hover popup.

• Newly researched items show as “New” for 2 weeks in the hover popup. 

• Fixed seeing Note Beacon and Tributa Statue "text" through walls when placed in the Dojo.

• Fixed Natural Vallis Land Mushroom Wide and Tall Dojo Decoration not having any collision.

• Fixed inability to shrink the Infested Structural Arm Dojo Decoration after resizing it too large. 

Dope. Now if only we could get some new, better, water decorations. that would be even more dope.

• Like 1

I'd like to echo the sentiments of the fellow tenno here, and question why you tacked on sabotage, defense, and extermination missions to the railjack missions.  Missions that we  regularly grind, every single time we login.  Rather than make interesting and new content that fit the theme of exciting dogfights in space, you have people exiting their craft so they can do the same mundane missions they do in the regular starchart. 

Is this the future of all "new" content?  It would have been better to just leave them out entirely, than remind us painfully that all these missions are basically variants of the same cookie cutter routine.  Please, please, stop pretending you're diversifying gameplay by adding mission types we've seen since we first became tenno.  

Edited by seiranx
  • Like 8

Converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse

When will you adjust the grind aspect of the kuva lich system, i hope in update 30.

Rest, especially the command intrinsic sounds great.

• Like 1

Playing as a Host used to require starting the mission from your own Railjack (Liset or Dry Dock)

Thats a lie!!!!
Starting from my Liset results in matching with an already exisitng group!!!

Starting from Dry Dock results in the same!!!

Both times it says: "Finding a Squad.."

No HOSTING just joining! 

FIX plz immediately!

Thank you very much :)

Edited by ---Swaggi---
  • Like 4

oh my god...

well, in addition what @Pixxel_5 said, i want to add few why questions

1) why i have to run to the exit in a certain missions? DE do you undestand that i hit recall as soon as i leave this area, so why you are you forcing me to go to the extraction? not to mention that if i play public entire squad have to wait there. why?

2) why are forcing us to squad actions? i may assume that game modes such as defence is somehow require it so you force people to run let say a defense in full squad. I mean one person could do that when other players can do other objects, like raid a derelict for example. I mean, what is the point of such limitation. If we take previous missions, i could do the main task of killing x number of y enemies when other players could run sentient ship for shedu or something. Why are you forcing full squad gameplay on us(when it is not needed)?

3) Why we have to run corpus ship defense? Corpus ship is the worst tileset to date because of poor navigation of the mobs and huge open spaces. Just bring old defense map for RJ and everyone will be happy.

4) Pilot AI... the good thing you guys allowed us to change roles during the mission, because otherwise hitting specific objectives with a FA would be impossible solo.

Modding... You know we had certain builds in RJs before, i could sacrifice certain avionics in order to get something more valuable in my eyes... now? forma away!

Even if i launch a mission from my clan dojo dry dock i might end up in some other player RJ... Yeah... but i want mine RJ, you understand?

Drones which prevent hacking... do i really have to travel 1000 meters through out the ship in order to kill that one drone? I have to? mkay. fun.

Bugs.. UI bugs, joining ongoing sessions bugs, markers, *sigh*...

Endo instead of dirac... here and there i see people struggling to get Endo, they farm it for some reason (never understood that tbh) and now you change dirac to endo... I'm pretty sure players will appreciate this.(not)

DE, you guys seems to fail to understand that the reason why people ignored RJ has nothing to do with the building time, or resources, or "difficulty" of the game mode. The reason why people ignored RJ is because they did not liked how you implemented it in the game. Missions were boring and sad, but the rest of the mechanics such as avionics, grids etc, very nice. Yet you did complete overhaul and i just can't see it in a positive way. All you really had to do is to change missions and put some work in intrinsics. But you change RJ in something very generic and very dumb. You took everything that made RJ special... yeah. sad sadness.

• Like 9

Zephyr changes Feedback.

In general the changes to zephyr have been good, but it falls a little short with its first ability, I suggest that this has the same operation as hildryn's fourth ability since it feels very limiting just to be #*!%ing without going up or down.

thanks for your great work and attention

On 2021-03-19 at 10:21 PM, Skaleek said:

The bandaid mod. Your solution to fix impact is to make it have a 1/3 chance to apply a slash status effect? C'mon guys even I can't write jokes this bad.

They should have just made Impact actually crushes enemy from the inside. Making them bleed inside out, you know, like actual impact damage irl. A crushed skull and broken ribs are so common when someone bashed you with a baseball bat.

The rebalance that "creeping bullseye" and "critical delay" got was a very pleasant surprise and I urge you to also look to other less favoured weapon corrupted mods and give them a much needed numerical boost as well. For example, while "magnum force" was already buffed once after relase, it still is inconsistent with the base pistol damage mod, giving 165% base damage instead of 220%

And speaking of reiterating on good ideas, I think that "hemorrhage" and it's rifle counterpart are not only a step in the right direction, but are also a good addition to the game in and of themselves, if only they were slightly changed to have their trigger chance changed to 100-50% instead of 70-35%. It just feels better having them be a reliable one-to-one impact to slash transmuter when you are doing everything right buildcraft wise. Feels better spending a mod slot on them too that way

• Like 1

Overall, this is a decent update/rework as we await revisions and further fixes. But there is just ONE big issue among all the changes....  

When starting a mission from inside your own railjack, please let us start the mission as a new host.

Currently, this is extremely frustrating.. I have a maxed out ship (all fully upgraded Mk3 gear), if I start a mission FROM my ship's navigation in the Dojo, please don't public match me into somebody else's (lesser equipped) railjack.  I'm pretty sure most everyone would be ok with keeping the random matchmaking as-is when starting from other general navigation menus, just not from the ship's nav.  Logically, one would think starting a mission inside your own RJ would result in using that RJ, not public matching.   Please change this.

As for complains about endo from others... spot on.  Yes, I did get some partially upgraded mods to replace avionics, but proceeded to burn a ridiculous amount of endo on getting said mods to max (which of course were already maxed as avionics).  And while they did give us some endo and other compensation depending on how advanced the RJ was before update, the new system still isn't as friendly for newer players who may already be struggling with endo income. 

Thanks DE for the massive update and new missions!

Edited by Nausea4u
clarification re dojo & ship
  • Like 3

Railjack cache rewards need to be looked at.

To get Nautilus or new Penta you have to do the optional objective marked by white waypoint, and you seem to get 2 rewards per mission. Problem is, there are 2 reward pools (A and B), and you only sometimes get reward from B pool. So instead of it being 24% to get a part (4 x 6.06%) if you did the objective, it's more like 33% to get a 24% chance to get a part, and there seems to be no way to influence that, at least we couldn't find any way to do that.

Either give us a way to influence which pool we are getting bonus reward from, or squish both pools into one and prune it of duplicates and Avionics or relics.

• Like 2

Thinking about it some more and how Railjack and normal play ought to be "integrated" and thinking how Corpus doesn't do it quite right, I realized what game does do it quite right:  Assault Mode from Star Wars Battlefront 2.  No, not the newer EA title, but the older one from the Playstation 2 era.  I've not played any Battlefront since then, to be honest, so no idea if they improve on Assault.  But, in old SFBF2, assault is a cap ship versus cap ship mode where players can participate either in space or on foot.  In space, a player can help their side by dog fighting the other fighters, hunting down enemy bombers, by shooting the opposing cap ship to damage its shields, and bombarding objective points once the shields are down.  Or you can choose to go on foot either by taking a fighter craft or hopping onto an assault shuttle and getting into the enemy's hangar bay.  From there, you can help your side by attacking pilots before they get into their fighters, blowing up docked fighters, ganking people manning the turrets on the cap ship, or by attacking either the shields or the objective point from within the ship.  It's all seamless.  Nothing stops you from switching which "role" you're doing on a whim (well, nothing but the opposing side shooting you) and both space and ground efforts contribute to winning.

Granted, that is an old PvP game and I wouldn't expect a 1 for 1 copy and paste.  Not at all.  But it's a great example of the type of thing Railjack, IMO, should be.  You got objectives.  Some can be tackled from space, some from on foot, and some both ways and each team can support the other in some fashion and it's all simultaeneous and seamless.  Grineer Railjack hits so much closer to this than Corpus and I'd really hope to see Grineer style Railjack get expanded and improved upon rather than Corpus Railjack.

Granted #2:  the idea of clearing your way to all drop down to a on-foot mission is kinda neat.  But, it really needs to be in a way that makes sense, both for mission types, mission locales, and either clearing the skies rather than have the magical space shield of immortality or just straight up landing/docking the Railjack.

• Like 2

Only just now getting in flight after reading up and picking through ticker 10* stock. I guess I expected that NPC's assigned a role would fulfill secondary roles other than defend. Why shouldn't my engineer go get in a turret in standby state? Why shouldn't I be able to command my pilot by, if nothing else, a task? I understand plotting a point to send them in 3d space might not be a fun UI to make but I should be able to say, explore x structure or search for breakables.

EDIT: I also used to be able to cycle to my Tactical abilities after the last Battle. Now I cannot set a tactical as active on RB. The Tactical menu is too cumbersome to be the only place to put abilities when using a controller.

Edited by lemonforest
more things

On 2021-03-19 at 11:18 AM, [DE]Megan said:

As per player feedback, equipped Railjack weapons and equipment will now appear with an ‘equipped’ banner in the Scrapping Wreckage window and will not allow you to Scrap said item.

• This has also been applied to all other regular equipment, meaning anything that is currently equipped will appear as such and will not allow you to sell it. 

This should be a setting you can toggle on and off, it's quite annoying.

• Like 1

Another thing to note.

DE dearest do you know what was the major issue for Scarlet Spear operation in space? Our Railjacks served the only purpose, and that purpose was to taxi players from point A to point B. And with RJ 3.0 you guys did exactly the same. As it now RJ is our taxi to Extermination, Mobile defense and Defense missions.

But guess what? i can do all these missions without RJ, on a star chart.

Shameful display (C).

• Like 5

I came to understand that when I click to go some mission inside my Railjack, I can end up on someone else's ship anyway, not because it was a bug but by design.

Now I wish the plex never happened. Or at least it could have the option for you to host your ship when you want to, actually it makes no sense to be inside my ship and end up on someone else's anyway. I can name my ship, I can pain it, I can skin it up in and out, but I can't choose to go with her unless I pre assemble a party.

I understand the plex is for better integration, but that little host thing should have been an option and this is bogging my fun down. Before this update Railjack had the feeling it was my own ship, a unique thing that needed special care. Now it feels like some archwing stored next door that doesn't really matter this much.

• Like 2

On 2021-03-19 at 12:39 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:

The note doesn't specify "applying twice when proccing damaging Status"; perhaps it was also applying unintentionally doubled to the initial strikes and that's what has been fixed?

They've said that later on, crewmembers will also be able to earn Competency through an Affinity-like gain. Most likely, crew will end up 95% fashion with only a couple missing Competency points, if at all.

Let me be blunt....eventually might be another 18 months.  Like eventually we'll have railjack.  Eventually we'll have corpus themed mission.  Eventually we'll have the ghoul saw.  Eventually we'll have dual wield nikanas.  Do I need to continue?

Let me also describe me first few missions here.

1) If you get a daily reset, and don't return to drydock, you're stuck in the mission end screen without being able to exit.  This can also occur during regular missions, if you run more than one in a row.  Joy.  The old unstable railjack....only somehow capable of even less stability.

2) You can run a mission....and discover that the required "kill 2/2 crewships" is impossible.  Why?  Well, they don't spawn.  1/2 spawned....and an hour later nothing.  Just top freaking notch work there.

3) Oh goody....multiple 15-16 drain mods to equip.  Most of them are required....because you can't play with power only since tether was nerfed.  Of look....  basic upgrades to the side turrets are now more expensive than you could afford without popping in a reactor....great.  You've also got to upgrade forward artillery now that you're capped at 2 shots in waiting at maximum....which also means artillery cheap shot is required.  Hmmm.  4/8 slots mandatory, with 2 of 3 base polarities viable....this is looking like a minimum 2-3 additional formas required.

4) Orphix venom....great.  And it looks like they cranked the speed up 200%.  I cannot kill three before the fourth spawned in....and couldn't exit before the fifth.  It's like they really thought the base mission was too slow, so they decided that instead of balance they'd just increase the spawn by 200% and that'd make people not want to play it.

5) Basic features working....laughable.  Yes, your extra resurrections for having arcanes don't work in Railjack at random.  Good luck playing a squishy frame, when it seems like the new enemies were designed from the ground up to destroy shields, and the on-ship hazards from destroying them can nuke you in less time than it might take to register you're on-fire. 

Let me short this...."new" content is a copy paste.  New locations are also copy paste, with a needlessly complex structure thrown in to make it seem like the hide-and-seek game of finding your enemies is interesting.  Nope, I'm at a loss to find the sunshine and smiles here.  Especially sitting atop a few thousand endo as "rewards" for significant mission diversion.  Yeah.  The rewards that are actually good seem not to drop (penta parts and the sentinel), but I need more endo....because that's only slight sarcasm with the new mod costs....yeah.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed.  I see the vision, but this is not good.  It's like seeing a Reeses cup, and thinking you can replicate it.  You grab a glob of peanut butter, and a chunk of chocolate.  You slap both down on the table, and state that it's better than either because a peanut butter cup exists, so this must be great.  It's the right ingredients, but so poorly constructed as to be a joke.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Melanholic7 said:

which was a surprise and a good one. Respect to DE for this move. I really dislike like 80% of this update, but their weekend work was nice, no jokes. 

Two questions.  Why would they spend the time, and why was it necessary?

To the former, when you release on a Friday it requires you patch on the weekend...because to the later you've not got a stable release.  Because you push out a 75% solution, you're going to need that extra patch to resolve issues.

I'll provide much deeper feedback later, but let's call this a pre-beta bit of content.  It's core+railjack fused poorly together.  It's buggy, and unstable.  It's not ready yet, end of sentence.  For every good bit (and I do have them to cite), there's a negative that just makes me wonder why they couldn't have delayed a week or two and had actual test servers to bang out more of the fundamental issues.  That's why DE patches on the weekend....and why they tried to push this out Thursday, so as to not patch on the weekend.

• Like 3