Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Ash and Oberon have been added to Railjack rewards! Oberon Component Blueprints can be found in Grineer Railjack Point of Interest and Skirmish Bonus reward tables, and Ash Component Blueprints can be found in Corpus Railjack Defense mission rewards.

• We’ve permanently removed Ash and Oberon Blueprints from Eximus and Manic drop tables respectively. We did this to connect Railjack to some more ‘core Warframe’ style rewards, and make their acquisition more straightforward for matchmaking purposes. 

Ash: Oh, that's cool
Oberon: Outrage intensifies

• Like 14

• New Rifle Mod: Internal Bleeding
  • New Pistol Mod: Hemorrhage

• Increased the max set bonus (all 3 Mods) for Umbral Intensify from 50% to 75% to match the other Umbra Mods. 

• Removed Kuva Tonkor’s arming distance from projectiles. 

• Fixed the Bane Mods applying the increased Damage twice.

Those mods are certainly very interesting, assuming they function with forced impact procs they will dramatically improve certain weapons performance.

Some ability strength for free, no catch? I like it.

The Kuva Tonkor just got so much more pleasant to use! With Primed Firestorm the arming distance served no purpose anyhow.

Lastly, you finally nerfed bane mods in your efforts to nerf the Slash status effect. Opinions aside, didn't you just make all of those primed bane mods useless? Since, you know, increasing the damage of status effects twice was the only reason they were used in the first place. Do you know how many primed bane mods there are, and how much effort players invested into acquiring them from Baro (and farming 40.000 Endo each)?!

Generally pleased with the update so far, but I'll have to give you a WTF on that last point. You didn't consider what that means for your players at all, did you?

• Like 23

This....I'm going to reserve judgement.  That said, let's discuss why I'm already asking what the heck the goal is.

1) You've now got a new companion....who basically exists to do repairs.  Hmm.  It's almost like a companion meant just for fishing....  So we now have two companions that exist only for one primary non-core gameplay loop.  They also exist to fix systems that otherwise would be huge attention and resource sinks.  Why?

2) Of goody, resource bundles....that are less rewarding than would have been required to produce a single mark III component.  On top of that, these resources are now vestigial.  I cannot say I'm surprised.

3) You get to grind for rank 15 mods now!  15!  Are you high?  If they're like standard mods, that means their cost is insane.  Yeah, let's do the basic math to demonstrate.  Rank 10 to 15 is a delta of 5.  2^5 = 2*2*2*2*2 = 32.  Yep, 31 times more expensive than current.  Ouch.

4) Crew members can have 3 total competency points added to them.  Joy.  This means that literally any crew member has a hard limit on growth, and based upon shown stats will be unable to do everything.  That seems like a good idea... and then janky RNG comes in.

I'm sorry, but I'm not looking forward to this download.  Maybe it's better than worded....but I'm just not feeling it.  Oh, I know.  What will make me feel better is spending platinum on more crew member slots....because lord knows I want more RNG so I can pay twice as many resources for a member with one more competency point being generated by the RNG....because there's literally no reason not to.  Yay....another resource sink based on RNG.  I thought Deimos would be a learning situation...but I was wrong.

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Lastly, you finally nerfed bane mods in your efforts to nerf the Slash status effect. Opinions aside, didn't you just make all of those primed bane mods useless? Since, you know, increasing the damage of status effects twice was the only reason they were used in the first place. Do you know how many primed bane mods there are, and how much effort players invested into acquiring them from Baro (and farming 40.000 Endo each)?!

Generally pleased with the update so far, but I'll have to give you a WTF on that last point. You didn't consider what that means for your players at all, did you?

The note doesn't specify "applying twice when proccing damaging Status"; perhaps it was also applying unintentionally doubled to the initial strikes and that's what has been fixed?

2 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

4) Crew members can have 3 total competency points added to them.  Joy.  This means that literally any crew member has a hard limit on growth, and based upon shown stats will be unable to do everything.  That seems like a good idea... and then janky RNG comes in.

They've said that later on, crewmembers will also be able to earn Competency through an Affinity-like gain. Most likely, crew will end up 95% fashion with only a couple missing Competency points, if at all.

Edited by TheLexiConArtist
  • Like 1

We wanted to reduce the number of Resources we introduced in our original Railjack launch. They'll remain in your Inventory as we’ll be looking at possibly reintroducing them at a later date. All Blueprints that required these items have been updated to reflect viable Resources, and respective drops have been swapped to Ticor Plate where appropriate. These Resources have also been removed from Helminths Bile Feeding menu. If you spot any mentions of these Resources that we might have missed please let us know!

For Tenno who have partially contributed these Resources to Wreckage, the percentage of your contribution will be honoured for the Resource that replaces it. Ex: If you contributed 60% of the needed Copernics for a Carcinnox, that 60% contribution will be carried over when the Blueprints are updated.

Additionally, we are taking this opportunity to simplify Forge recipes to reduce the variety of resources needed. All forgeable items will require some combination of:

• Ticor Plate

• Titanium

• Cubic Diodes (Corpus Proximas)

• Carbides (Grineer Proximas)

ngl, this part absolutely reeks.

All those resources you've earned playing this game mode? Well now they aren't used for anything! Hooray! And we've replaced them with a new arbitrary resource you need to farm from zero again! Woo-hoo!

Thanks...

• Like 17

well done ... make  railjack more grindy for newcommer , badder for ingenier  and  close  some tactical moding things by adding polarity .... i thought it was a good update for railjack but all the power lost because no more grid buf make mod like [revo reducer] less effective and  make not  as good at 1st railjack the consumption on revolite even when mod at max ....

and oberon on railjack, are you sure to make people good to have no life support warframe until late game ...  trinity is on pluto, titania/nidus is  locked by a quest who need war within done, protea is not easy to get too and need farm on neptune minimum, harrow is after ...  i'm not sure for khora when we can catch the sanctuary onslaught to farm her but she seem the closer from start if we forget nekros desacrate for healing purpose

• Like 18

13 minutes ago, SaberSentinel said:

^This. This is what I was worried about from the beginning. The max amount of endo refunded from a maxed grid is WAY LESS than it would take to max all the mods that WERE MAXED ALREADY in the previous system. This is basically a kick in the teeth to those that had it done already. Nope! Grind more! Forma more!

Disappointing.

Remember they also said they were being generous.   Shows how what they say is still not what you get.   Come on DE you destroyed the good parts of railjack (not really that many), change Dirac to endo before making those mods have a higher charge but didn't give us the any of credits that would be needed,  and just make it overall worse.   Are you actually trying to improve or is this going to be put into Railjack 2.0 Revised in a couple of months? 

Edited by Opetyr
  • Like 22

I'm loving the Quality of Love Life changes. Here are some of my favourites.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • New Rifle Mod: Internal Bleeding

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5).

• Find the Internal Bleeding Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

• New Pistol Mod: Hemorrhage

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5)

• Find the Hemorrhage Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

• New Warfan Stance: Votive Onslaught

• Precise, focused arcs and cuts not hampered by pity.

• Find the Warfan Stance on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

• New Nautilus Sentinel

• With ‘Auto Omni’ and ‘Cordon’ as default Precepts, this Sentinel is the ideal companion for long voyages aboard a Railjack.

• Find the new Nautilus Sentinel Blueprint and Components in new Corpus Railjack Ice Mines! 

Yes! This makes perfect sense to me. I have injured myself in real life and impact damage is no joke. So many players complain about this damage type. Internal Bleeding and Hemorrhage look great. Like many Warframe augments there are some stats that really should be equipped by default, I think this should be defaulted and not need a mod to proc but this is a beautiful step in a good direction. I'll be sure to try it!

58 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changed the Asterite feeding bundle for Helminth from 1500 to 300.

• Player feedback and comparing the amount to other Asterite uses we concluded the original amount of 1500 was far too high!

Thank you.

We wanted to reduce the number of Resources we introduced in our original Railjack launch. They'll remain in your Inventory as we’ll be looking at possibly reintroducing them at a later date. All Blueprints that required these items have been updated to reflect viable Resources, and respective drops have been swapped to Ticor Plate where appropriate. These Resources have also been removed from Helminths Bile Feeding menu. If you spot any mentions of these Resources that we might have missed please let us know!

Good to know. Will do, glad to help.

Additionally, we are taking this opportunity to simplify Forge recipes to reduce the variety of resources needed. All forgeable items will require some combination of:

• Ticor Plate

• Titanium

• Cubic Diodes (Corpus Proximas)

• Carbides (Grineer Proximas)

Thank you thank you thank you omg! It was mentally challenging to keep track of all the different resources. This change is much appreciated!

so Railjacks will always be fully stocked before leaving the Dry Dock and there’s no need to ‘Refine’ the Forge at the end of your mission.  

Yay!! This is ideal. Up till now, all those NPCs in the DryDock have been lounging around. Looks like new management is in charge! They will make sure our space-faring vessel will be fully stocked and supplied in advance for every mission!

Happy happy! Thank you. 😸

• Like 1

Initial impression: I hate it.

I guess I'll give it more time, but I feel like I'm just going to be extracting the 2 or 3 drops I want out of it and never recommending it to anyone ever again.  I guess we'll see, but initial impression is that you deliberately tried to suck the joy out of it, a deliberate attempt to block any possibility for it to be fast paced and fun.  A few red flags just while reading patch notes and getting stuff put back together again, but first time out being immediately kneecaped by the stupid horrible change to flux just ruined it. 

• Like 24

32 minutes ago, Adder114 said:

So what happened to letting us use them in any mission at all? That was promised several times and now it looks like we won't be able to? I scanned the patch notes for anything that says we can use them anywhere except railjack missions until you have that intrinsic, but found nothing. I hope I'm wrong because otherwise that's kind of a bait and switch. Otherwise I'm loving these patch notes, but that did catch me there. 

They have mentioned numerous times that they're still working out clipping issues for Necramechs in older tilesets.

• Like 1

"Hildryn will no longer gain Shield strength from features that give Energy-per-second regeneration. She will still convert Energy pickups into extra Shield strength. This fixes an unintended mechanic where things like Energy Siphon would make her completely invulnerable during combat."

Oh no! They've finally noticed it. Time to change my aura mod and polarity.

• Like 1