Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Update: Call of the Tempestarii [Live!]

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Yes, i want my ship to look haunted too. It might make me buy a microphone and make 👻boOhOohoohOOO noises while playing.

I can just imagine.. you invited  a friend of yours to do some railjack stuff but when they arrive to your railjack, you aren't anywhere in sight. They assume you're caught up in something and they wait, but you never arrive. So they message you, but you never answer. So they search the railjack, searching for you, thinking you're hiding somewhere on board, hiding really well. Suddenly, the lights go out, you're friend is confused, that can't happen on the railjack. They resume to search for you. They call out your name, hoping to get an answer. They start hearing scary noises, they aren't scared at first but the noises get even scarier, they immediately say 'come out [insert your irl name], this isn't funny!' But nothing happens. They decide to get out of the railjack but they couldn't exit no matter what they try. They then start hearing even spookier noises, they then see a shadow, but, learning from many horror games and movies, they stay where they are, to protect themselves - even though in warframe, you can't get hurt, let's say they was trying not to get scared. The shadow then starts getting closer, irl they closes his eyes, so they don't get scared. At the last moment, checking to see if it was clear, he opens his eyes and immediately gets jumpscared by your warframe.

P.S, hope you like this little story.

3/26/2021 Status Update: 

Greetings console Tenno!

It's been a week since the release of the mainline update on PC, so we wanted to give you a status update on console progress! Our work continues to bring you Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack as well as Call of the Tempestarii to consoles for a simultaneous release across all platforms. With a couple of other important notes that we’d like to highlight today:

Call of the Tempestarii Launch Window:

As announced on Devstream 153, we are working towards a simultaneous release of Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii on all platforms in April. This will of course include Corpus Proxima and The New Railjack content as well as the Hotfixes that followed to fix major bugs and implement popular community feedback. We will detail the exact number of hotfixes closer to launch. 

Xbox Series X|S Launch Window:

As announced on Devstream 153, the next-generation build of Warframe is coming to Xbox Series X|S in April! We will have more details to share on what you can expect as we approach the release. 

Call of the Tempestarii Download Sizes & Remasters:

The following are rough estimates of Update 30’s size on consoles. Numbers are likely to change prior to launch, we will update you here if that is the case! Keep in mind that this update not only includes all of the Railjack mainline update but also upcoming Call of Tempestarii content - making it rather large in size as you can imagine! Full details below for each console. 

Xbox:
To prepare for the next-generation build, there are behind-the-scenes developer features that must launch with Update 30. In order for those to be implemented fully, Warframe must be re-downloaded in its entirety for it to take effect. The good news is that Warframe’s overall size will be slightly reduced as a result - roughly 30 GB down from 32 GB. 

PlayStation:
Update 30 will be roughly 11 GB on PS4 and 12.5 GB on PS5. Size variations are to be expected based on the ways in which the different generations operate.

Nintendo Switch: 
We have done a soft remaster in preparation for Update 30 so that when it launches the overall size of Warframe on the Switch will not exceed its current 22 GB. The download size will be roughly 7 GB due to the remaster process. 

PS5 Load Times:

While working on the update, we discovered that there was threading condition issues within our memory allocator that was affecting load times. With this resolved for Update 30, load times will be halved on PS5 as a result!

New Nintendo Switch Tennogen:

Two TennoGen Bundles are also coming to Switch with Update 30 that feature items from as far back as Round 4! 

TennoGen Switch Bundle IX

• Mirage Mithra Skin by Lukinu_u
  • Rhino Scarab Skin by Mz-3
  • Valkyr Delusion Skin by prosetisen 

TennoGen Switch Bundle X

• Mag Graxx Skin by Faven
  • Volt Graxx Skin by Faven
  • Sovereign Syandana by BeastBuster
  • Saryn Integra Skin by Cheschire 

And that’s it for today’s status update! 

See you at the next checkpoint! In the meantime, don’t forget to get your built Forma and Aura Forma from the 24 hour Gift of the Lotus Alerts live on all platforms at 3 PM ET. 

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)R4ILGUN S said:

April? Didn't they say the launch would be in March?

Technically they said "Spring 2021". I'm happier with vague dates rather than exact dates and then deployment hits a bump in the road and they become late dates. I remember when the Dev Streams used to say "we're working on something big" and they wouldn't say what it was, or also when they said "see this cool stuff we have planned to release... soon" and "soon" turns out to be 6 months later. (I'm looking at you, Khora Deluxe skin).

As long as we get Corpus Liches before the Dog Days of summer, I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

Technically they said "Spring 2021". I'm happier with vague dates rather than exact dates and then deployment hits a bump in the road and they become late dates. I remember when the Dev Streams used to say "we're working on something big" and they wouldn't say what it was, or also when they said "see this cool stuff we have planned to release... soon" and "soon" turns out to be 6 months later. (I'm looking at you, Khora Deluxe skin).

As long as we get Corpus Liches before the Dog Days of summer, I'll be happy.

And the fact that spring began on 20th of March and ends 21st of June so April makes sense.

On 2021-03-28 at 10:23 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

The "in dev" is completely useless information.  It could be a week from now.  It could be in June.  It means absolutely nothing as far as even guessing about a time-line.  

Strongly agree with this. In cert let me know something was within a couple of weeks at most, though probably days, in dev gives me nothing to work with. I have absolutely no idea when to expect this update. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)rob20jr said:

Don’t see why we couldn’t get it this Friday so they can work out kinks for pc and console because you kno we gonna have issues on console. Being a solo player this is a dream come true

They plan on releasing this update simultaneously on PC and Consoles, so they want to be sure there are as few bugs as possible before release. Though it would be nice to have a more specific time frame than "in dev", it's better to have a vague time frame and then get it within that vague time frame, than have a specific time frame and it coming late, causing outrage or frustration in the community. It could be this Friday, who knows. I just hope that DE prioritizes good quality over speedy releases, as usual.

7 minutes ago, Orange_Raven said:

They plan on releasing this update simultaneously on PC and Consoles, so they want to be sure there are as few bugs as possible before release. Though it would be nice to have a more specific time frame than "in dev", it's better to have a vague time frame and then get it within that vague time frame, than have a specific time frame and it coming late, causing outrage or frustration in the community. It could be this Friday, who knows. I just hope that DE prioritizes good quality over speedy releases, as usual.

Go watch the developer stream.  It's short...given that the last one had almost nothing  but a huge Q&A.

Cite an "April" launch window.  Know that this is 30 calendar days.  Understand they also plan to celebrate the anniversary of release in April....so expect April to mean late April.

On 2021-03-19 at 11:57 AM, [DE]Megan said:

As this is our second Console Status thread of 2021, we would like to kindly remind everyone that we are doing away with the industry jargon “In Cert'' status and individual platform threads so that other communication efforts can be made in its place on our socials, live streams, etc.

Xbox:
To prepare for the next-generation build, there are behind-the-scenes developer features that must launch with Update 30. In order for those to be implemented fully, Warframe must be re-downloaded in its entirety for it to take effect. The good news is that Warframe’s overall size will be slightly reduced as a result - roughly 30 GB down from 32 GB.

Please keep the "In Cert" jargon status, every time we see that the thread is updated to say "Cert" that the update is coming our way.

I should point out, that the current size of the Xbox One version of Warframe is sitting at 48.7 GB, not 32 GB. I'm not sure where you guys got 32 GB from.

43 minutes ago, Orange_Raven said:

I understand just bored atm I been liching everyday for kicks

9 hours ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

A little birdy (zephyr deluxe pun) told me we can expect this update later today already!

Good times!! But i kinda ran behind on prepping for it this way...

Unless it's april 1st today. In that case, haha!

I'm thinking that bird was indeed considering april 1st, wouldn't expect that update anytime before april 30th given how they have yet to announce their 'no-hotfix' time on pc
would be quite a surprise if it did happen though.

Archived