Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make impact better in one step:

Vortex

Just proc slash on impact

Grofit?

• New Rifle Mod: Internal Bleeding

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5).

• Find the Internal Bleeding Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

• New Pistol Mod: Hemorrhage

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5)

• Find the Hemorrhage Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

At this point why not have IPS proc damage over time and just add different procs on top of them?? Like have impact procs stagger, slash procs slow or lose accuracy, puncture punches through enemies, and all do DOT too?? This was such a hilariously weird route to take.

I honestly thought this was a joke, until I read the patch notes. Their idea for fixing the broken mess of the damage system is to release bandaid mods that convert useless status procs into decent ones? Why not spend that time thinking about actual solutions to slash/viral/heat being so overwhelmingly powerful?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)ShonFr0st:

I honestly thought this was a joke, until I read the patch notes. Their idea for fixing the broken mess of the damage system is to release bandaid mods that convert useless status procs into decent ones? Why not spend that time thinking about actual solutions to slash/viral/heat being so overwhelmingly powerful?

Maybe because they do not have 5000 people working there and they have other priorities, like getting Tempastarii out of the gate? Just a thought though....

6 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

What a nice little love note to the Gorgon Wraith.

Thing is that Hunter Munitions is still better on Gorgon Wraith.
Internal Bleeding has a ~6.29% proc chance per bullet with 2 dual stats on Gorgon Wraith.
Hunter Munitions has an 11.25% proc chance per bullet with just Point Strike.

It's a nice mod for weapons with forced Impact procs, but Hunter Munitions is still going to be the better mod for most weapons, especially given that it's much easier to boost crit chance than status chance.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Thing is that Hunter Munitions is still better on Gorgon Wraith.
Internal Bleeding has a ~6.29% proc chance per bullet with 2 dual stats on Gorgon Wraith.
Hunter Munitions has an 11.25% proc chance per bullet with just Point Strike.

It's a nice mod for weapons with forced Impact procs, but Hunter Munitions is still going to be the better mod for most weapons, especially given that it's much easier to boost crit chance than status chance.

can you stack both though? if so then that would be much more insane

DE: Did we make a mistake turning slash into an all-powerful status effect that obliterates the entire game? Should we nerf it, or perhaps buff the other statuses?

Also DE: Let's just make the other statuses proc slash.

Problem... solved?

It's really the only solution without finally nerfing/reworking Slash. The proc is too powerful to allow room for the other physical types to shine. But since the community loves to rage at the idea of nerfs to begin with, let alone daring to touch Slash, there isn't any solution other than releasing mods like this or DE bites the bullet and nerfs Slash while letting the community throw their fits.

And even if they did just overbuff the other physical types they would either be still weaker than Slash or be so broken they then replace Slash. Thus we're left in the exact same situation all over again.

12 hours ago, Vortex said:

Just proc slash on impact

Grofit?

• New Rifle Mod: Internal Bleeding

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5).

• Find the Internal Bleeding Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

• New Pistol Mod: Hemorrhage

• Impact Status Effects have a 35% chance to apply a Slash Status Effect (x2 when Fire Rate is below 2.5)

• Find the Hemorrhage Mod on new Corpus Railjack Derelict Freightlinkers, Ice Mines, and Orokin Shield Derelicts!

I like this.  But I like the idea of impact concussing enemies and slowing attack speed, reducing accuracy, and reducing damage.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)ShonFr0st said:

They had another idea before, and we shot it down so hard that they had to cancel the entire Khora quest and rework her kit into Venari instead

I've seen 2 forum posts that changes the damage system for the better. One coverts pre-existing systems to a healthier on and the other completely re dos the system. All this comes back to is WE NEED DAMAGE 3.0. Hell, with impact just bring back environmental damage. Another game I used to play made it where weapons that cause 'push' effects had the ability to cause enemies to take another instance of damage from impacting into another object. Various degrees of knockback and stagger to the point where you're playing pool with enemies trying to ram their heads into each other and walls.

This also could open back up the issue of limiting modding. Quite honestly, I think the mods are neat. If modding in general was about using mods such as these from the outset we could have some actual build diversity. The problem is that in what instance can you actually use/fit them on your build due to the current state of modding? Honestly we should really question the looter shooter aspects of Warframe. Crafting could be so much more in this game if actual changes were made.

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They had another idea before, and we shot it down so hard that they had to cancel the entire Khora quest and rework her kit into Venari instead

Because that idea would have just exacerbated the problem. If I remember correctly, the whole “rework” was nerfing slash by making it scale off of slash damage only, and “increase” the effectiveness of impact and puncture, turning impact into a ragdoll and puncture into a progressively higher damage debuff. It did nothing to incentivize the other two, if anything, impact would have been even less appealing, and the slash meta would have become much more tight, favouring an even smaller subset of high slash weapons. That’s why it was shut down. 

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShonFr0st said:

Because that idea would have just exacerbated the problem. If I remember correctly, the whole “rework” was nerfing slash by making it scale off of slash damage only, and “increase” the effectiveness of impact and puncture, turning impact into a ragdoll and puncture into a progressively higher damage debuff. It did nothing to incentivize the other two, if anything, impact would have been even less appealing, and the slash meta would have become much more tight, favouring an even smaller subset of high slash weapons. That’s why it was shut down. 

I am well aware. My point was "they don't have any idea how to actually fix it, so now they aren't even going to try and prove otherwise"

How about just make it not deal -25% damage to Grineer and Corpus flesh?

Seriously, that's about 90% of the problem imo, it deals reduced damage to two out of three of the core health pools in the game, that alone makes it one of the worse raw damage types.

I too was greatly disappointed by this mod,

but i tried to give it some benefit,

so i searched my weapons that have consistent impact proccing capability ,

Just to let you know it DOES NOT work with shotguns and bows, so that took care of many of the possible use cases right there.

(prisma) grinlok , gorgon and buzlok was closest and even though i love these guns (grinlok can also take advantage of the 2x effect)  there are better alternatives.

Quellor maybe , i am not sure if the alts fire rate counts,

Maybe some of the Kuva weapons with bonus impact (is it worth it though? )

For secondary

Bronco / Akbronco prime !!!! especially with its existing mod for viral damage/ stuns !!! this thing would be pretty good,

Sonicor , Zakti - these guns could work , definitely .

But seriously , DE seems to have given up on its damage rework. And i do not like it.

Oh look, another bandaid mod to make Warframe's balance even more ridiculously broken.

At this point I don't even care about another one of those. Seems to me, DE have some 'shoot yourself in the foot as many times as you can' contest they need to win.

Archived