Corpus Proxima: Why linking warframe energy and railjack energy was a bad idea.

Players are just going to spam forms of energy restoring such as protea's reservoir, zenurik dash, large energy restores, etc, and spam abilities making railjack way too overpowered and completely removing any sense of difficulty what so ever. I even made a video to demonstrate this.

As shown in the video, even if they just stop players from being able to get energy in the pilot seat, they can just press X for get out for 1 second, energy restore, reservoir, etc, then get right back in and spam. And this video was just what I had on at the time, people can do all sorts of things to maximize this.

I think DE should bring back the flux energy system, and keep warframe energy and railjack energy completely separate. Linking the 2 only gives railjack the overabundance problems warframe energy has.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 14

Third time's the charm, lol.

Can you test this with an Operator? Operators could pilot before the update and have regenerating energy pools. I'm curious to see if they work here too.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Third time's the charm, lol.

Can you test this with an Operator? Operators could pilot before the update and have regenerating energy pools. I'm curious to see if they work here too.

yea hopefully the auto-detect bot doesn't mess it up again and move feedback into general discussion.

I tried this with operator, it doesn't link to operator energy pool, just the warframe's energy. Either way, limbo + rift + energizing dash.

Edited by Joezone619
  • Like 1
Just now, Joezone619 said:

yea hopefully the auto-detect bot doesn't mess it up again.

I tried this with operator, it doesn't link to operator energy pool, just the warframes. 

Thanks for testing! Guess it's Protea and Dispensary for me... What a bad change.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Thanks for testing! Guess it's Protea and Dispensary for me... What a bad change.

If you have Vazarin maxed, I strongly suggest Garuda as well. That's some free energy there too considering a pair of void dashes will just fill that health bar right back to full

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

If you have Vazarin maxed, I strongly suggest Garuda as well. That's some free energy there too considering a pair of void dashes will just fill that health bar right back to full

I'd completely forgotten about her, lol. Yeah that sounds like a pretty quick way to do it as well.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Railjack abilities do go up in energy cost each time you use in them to prevent spam. I think they'll slow down cost decay

max energy builds...

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Railjack abilities do go up in energy cost each time you use in them to prevent spam. I think they'll slow down cost decay

This is so dumb. I guess this is their last minute idea of preventing spamming after they saw the flood of feedback in the dev workshop, and of course it does nothing except widen the divide between options and enforce unnecessary metas. I’m utterly disappointed and annoyed at the change, anyone with a working brain could have foreseen the consequences. 

Edited by (XBOX)ShonFr0st
  • Like 11

Just to mention.

I'm sitting helpless on my Railjack seat, because Ash (Prime) has only 150 energy. Oh and high energy builds are also quite rare/ hard to fit if there are already mods needed for melee and duration...

• Like 3

Yeah, as an Ash main, it really really sucks to basically not be able to use my main because someone though it was a good idea to arbitrarily force everyone to use frames with high base energy pools AND to make build dedicated to energy for them. At least you should make the total energy pool of the railjack be the same regardless of the frame and use a % of energy left formula to determine this, that way frames with lower energy are not penalised and it's not all about prime flow.

I haven't had Primed Flow or Streamlined equipped on any of my frames for years because Frankly I didn't need this... Now I gotta do new loadouts that take this into account for every single frame I want to bring to RJ... Plus i'm gonna have to put dispensary and duration mods to make it better...

Edited by (PSN)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 8
4 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

Just to mention.

I'm sitting helpless on my Railjack seat, because Ash (Prime) has only 150 energy. Oh and high energy builds are also quite rare/ hard to fit if there are already mods needed for melee and duration...

This is quite literally part of the problem and why I am infinitely irritated at this update. There's a lot of changes that I'm not happy with too.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

This is quite literally part of the problem and why I am infinitely irritated at this update. There's a lot of changes that I'm not happy with too.

DE has a tendency to fix what isn't broken, and break everything in the process. Nobody asked for these changes.

• Like 6

For the "infinite power spam" thing, that doesn't really feel different from how it was before. Frames who literally can't use ANY railjack powers because they don't have enough total energy does seem like a problem.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

For the "infinite power spam" thing, that doesn't really feel different from how it was before. Frames who literally can't use ANY railjack powers because they don't have enough total energy does seem like a problem.

its both, there are a lot of problems with it, thats why the forums were flooded with responses saying it was a bad idea.

• Like 2
Just now, motorfirebox said:

The old system had ways that it could be fixed. Reducing max energy capacity and then reducing the amount made at the forge. Increase forge cooldown timers to really make deciding between repair goo or energy be a choice. Unfortunately, that's no longer a viable solution. Now I can sit there with Garuda and spam. If I want to use pizzas, I'll whip out Volt Prime with his 800+ max energy and SPAM. I have 211 of them. And I know I'm not alone. Shoutout to the madlad Zilchy replied to me who had 24007 energy pizzas. I love you, you perfectly illustrate my point of how we have infinite energy at our disposal at any moment.

• Like 3

everything is wrong ! Separete things are way better....now i have spam pizzas or use warframes? -.-

Nobody listen the comunity. Now i wanna see what DE will do with this...

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised DE went with this design. I thought for sure they'd roll it back after the overwhelmingly negative feedback it received. Like seriously - just go back to Flux Energy that we can build in the Forge. If you REALLY want to, you can have a generic "Energy" crafting recipe in the Forge which restores both Flux and Warframe energy.

I'm personally less worried about breaking the Railjack energy economy (even though Energy Restores next to the Pilot's seat already do that) and more worried about turning my Warframe into a stat stick. If my build isn't a high-energy one, I basically have a drastically gimped Railjack relative to what I had before - at least in terms of energy. Sure, I could grab something like Frost with built for massive energy, but this is such ass-backwards design.

I should be building my Warframe for the purpose of USING my Warframe, not for the purpose of borrowing stats into my Railjack. The whole point of the Plexus was to give us a modding system by which to mod our Railjack, so why is energy not part of the Plexus system? By the same logic, Turret cooldown and heat capacity could be affected by magazine and reload mods on my Primary weapon. Would be just as bad.

From what I've seen of Railjack so far, this is easily my biggest problem. I'm sure there's some implementation issue that's driving this, but it can't be large enough to leave unaddressed. That's not going to work.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

turning my Warframe into a stat stick.

No, you turned your Warframe into a portable battery. Your Railjack cannot function properly until you have plugged your Warframe with a USB-C port, that's just how bad it is

• Like 1

With every change like this made, or new Event/Warframe introduced, I always wonder in fear, "Is THIS the moment DE puts the Pizzas on a 5 minute Cool-Down?"

• Like 2

Aside from be over-power for any Veteran. 
This system is a huge down grade for newish player. 
What about people that don't have Arcane Energize, Protea, Garuda, Hildryn etc etc. 
Zenurik alone will be super slow energy regen. 

Some might say that the pilote can still forge energy, Eh ye, but he have to forge it himself since forge is individual. 
So a newish player must leave pilot & go to forge himself each time he is in need ? Terrible idea

• Like 4

I too dislike the linking of energy to the battle avionics/mods. It was fine before. At least before the update I could use tether and have it be useful. Now it shoots off once, doesn't detonate and then stops working altogether.

• Like 2

I'm surprised that DE went this route....
I mean its basically the same problem as archwings had on initial release where the archwings health/shields was based on your wrframe, meaning that if you wanted to do high level archwing missions you equipped a Valkyr so that you would be tanky enough.
Everyone was rightfully upset about it and DE did eventually change it...so I'm honestly surprised that they turned a working system into that type of system.

All it does is penalise newer players while being completely pointless for a decent number of frames.  After all Hildryn exists, or Volt prime, or Lavos...along with all the frankly broken ways we have of restoring energy quickly.

2 hours ago, Taiepii said:

Some might say that the pilote can still forge energy, Eh ye, but he have to forge it himself since forge is individual. 
So a newish player must leave pilot & go to forge himself each time he is in need ? Terrible idea

Small correction here:
While the forge is individual someone forging something benefits -all- players.  For example if someone forges energy then it gives energy to the entire squad.  Likewise if someone forges munitions or dome charges it replenishes for everyone.  All you have to do is  communicate a bit to get the issue resolved.

25 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I too dislike the linking of energy to the battle avionics/mods. It was fine before. At least before the update I could use tether and have it be useful. Now it shoots off once, doesn't detonate and then stops working altogether.

well something i discovered due to the new energy link system, "shatter burst" + energy pizza's works just as good, if not better.