Am I the only one who absolutely despises the new Zephyr Deluxe skin?

Seriously, this just looks so bad. I know Warframe doesn't really have a set artstyle, but this thing is just so jarringly different. It looks like it belongs in Fortnite, not Warframe. Anyone else out there who thinks the same, or is it just me?

• Like 8
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

I like it except for that vest.

Why, DE. WHY.

I'm not a huge fan of any of it, but that vest really just kills any hope I had for it. The ship skin is admittedly kinda cool, though, so there's that anyway. And as for the operator collection, I just find it to be really meh in light of all the other cool(er) stuff we have. 

Edit: Okay, after seeing another angle on that operator skin just now, no, it's not even meh. It makes the operator look like a motorcycle racer, which just really looks out-of-place in Warframe.

Edited by Bigredteletubby
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

I'd also love to know why DE decided to add the Carmine Penta into the Western version of the game. Not really upset, but it seems like they introduced it into content that anyone who could actually get much use out of the thing wouldn't be playing. 

10% CC, 2.0x multiplier, 10% SC, and only 350 blast damage is just nothing that anyone above MR 8 is gonna want to use. The 10 round mag looks cool, at least.

Edited by Bigredteletubby
Just now, LillyRaccune said:

MR fodder. It's tasty good with sweet & spicy sauce!

But why add MR fodder into RJ? Idk what the grind to get it from RJ will be, but if it's anything like the Spectra Vandal, forget it lol

• Like 1
On 2021-03-19 at 1:30 PM, o0Despair0o said:

Why, DE. WHY.

On 2021-03-19 at 1:34 PM, Bigredteletubby said:

I'm not a huge fan of any of it, but that vest really just kills any hope I had for it.

I honestly cannot understand what is wrong with the vest. It's just a rigid and immobile as the rest of it, it's basically just another layer of sharp angled plates in a skin where sharp angled plates are the whole points

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I honestly cannot understand what is wrong with the vest. It's just a rigid and immobile as the rest of it, it's basically just another layer of sharp angled plates in a skin where sharp angled plates are the whole points

For me the coat is a bigger issue on the Operator suit. Literally. It's oversized for their proportions, so it clips pretty much all the time. Would much rather have the option to remove it and show off all the awesome armour detail that it covers up.

• Like 3
On 2021-03-20 at 4:30 AM, o0Despair0o said:

Why, DE. WHY.

Yes exactly my sentiment. The vest looks cool on the operator but god dman. I really like the mech feel the skin gives off... but the VEST

• Like 1
On 2021-03-22 at 6:26 AM, AngryBAsian said:

Yes exactly my sentiment. The vest looks cool on the operator but god dman. I really like the mech feel the skin gives off... but the VEST

Yeah, the vest really ruins both the operator skin and the Zephyr skin for me. I still feel that the Zephyr skin without the vest looks like Gauss and Zephyr had a kid together, but idk.

• Like 1

Insert pink rhino argument here(?)

Anyway I'm actually agree with you. There are a couple of stuff that looks out of place in warframe. The zephyr deluxe is one of them.

• Like 1

I think it's a nice change in pace to the other skins: almost cartoonish, yet it gives me retro sci fi vibes.

The main feeling I'm getting from it is a Starfox look, where it has the space elements in its jagged armor yet has the "radical" 70s clothing.

So yeah, it does stick out of the crowd, yet I find that attribute of it to be very refreshing, a nice change of pace from the dystopian visuals.

Dunno, we have have stuff like eye searing FashionFrame crimes, anime / meme sprays, Octavia, and not least this thing

CandyCaneScythe2.png

so a "futuristic racer" look is really not my first thought when it comes to breaking immersion or whatever.

Edited by NinjaZeku
On 2021-03-30 at 1:50 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Dunno, we have have stuff like eye searing FashionFrame crimes, anime / meme sprays, Octavia, and not least this thing

CandyCaneScythe2.png

so a "futuristic racer" look is really not my first thought when it comes to breaking immersion or whatever.

Fair, but DE doesn't have any control over people's fashionframe choices, like they did with this skin. And, yeah, that candy cane skin is atrocious too :D

I dont like the new zephyr skin from what i've seen of it so far, but im not worried. Zephyr Blade of the Lotus with prime details 'on' looks amazing.

The new skin would have to have been insanely good to make me swap out that Zephyr fashion for something else.

It's becoming a bit of a trend, deluxe skins having 'human' clothes on them. I really love the Frost Harka body (with Ion head on it). It has a big coat, but it doesnt look humanised. At the back, his coat fuses into his mechanical system-thingies and the front just disappears to make room for some kind of fibre artificial muscle structures and plates.

Ash's skin looks like a fully clothed creepy man. Kinda fits him i guess, but he doesnt look really robotic anymore. 

Excalibur Zato has a half cloak strapped to him, which just looks like an 'added' element already, like a syandana.

Hydroid got pants on( breaking up like giant sea shells at the upper legs, thats a redeeming point in my mind, but the rest of his torso looks like its undressed, because of his pants, which i think is kinda weird again.

Zephyr deluxe has a jacket. She's a steel plate transformer (i dont really like the basic idea on that) wirh a jacket.. why would a machine wear a jacket? Other than Arnold Schwarzenegger's terminator to blend in an be stealthy. None of the above frames are masquerading like something they re not, so putting clothes on a machine just feels weird.

I like Gara's deluxe though of the current new ones. She has glass shards covering parts of her, that still look like 'part of her'. Not something she's just wearing.