Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator Harrier color channels mismatched

When the overwhelming majority of metallics in the game are colored by the Lining channel, having the metallics on the Primary channel excessively limits the mix-and-match-ability of this operator Harrier cosmetic bundle.

Please, make the Harrier set's metallic channel be located on the Lining channel

(and while you're at it, audit some of the other cosmetics, as a quantity of Fortuna and other cosmetics have their metallic channels on the wrong color channel as well) 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Could be an auxiliary as someone else's post somewhere said. I kinda wish they'd give us 2 auxiliary slots tbh.

Alternatively, it could be a variant.

For clarity's sake, what I mean is that upon purchasing the Operator bundle, you would receive two versions of the torso part. One with the outer jacket, one without. That way, if a player wishes to have both the jacket and another auxiliary cosmetic, they can do so.

I checked myself, it's just the Harrier, Outrider, and Kubrodon sets that have their metallics incorrectly set. But that means all 3 suck for mix-and-matching with ANY of the other operator cosmetics that have metallic channels on them. All DE has to switch is 3 of the channels, and then all of their sets are almost perfectly universally mix-and-match-able, at least metallic-wise.

• 3 weeks later...

@DE please, The only Operator outfits whose only metallic channel is on something other than the Lining Color channel are the Kubrodon, Outrider, and Harrier outfits. The Bishamo outfit, which is the only one I've noticed with 2 metallic channels, has its secondary metallic on the Primary Color channel. The Outrider is the only outfit whose metallic is on the Secondary Color channel at all! There are various Warframe cosmetics that also break the convention of "Accent Color Channel" being the slot occupied by metallics, while the majority of them follow the convention.

This only makes cosmetics INCOMPATIBLE AND UGLY.

PLEASE. Just make anything's Metallic Color Channel be tied to the Lining/Accent Color Channel, it'll allow an even greater amount of epic customization between your game's awesome designs and cosmetics, which can only mean better marketing opportunities for you, but as it stands, some things are POINTLESSLY UGLY when matched together, because someone decided to randomly assign the metallic channel to a non-standard channel!

• 4 weeks later...

A whole month later, and I'm still miffed that I can't mix Operator's Harrier outfit with over like, 90% of other metallic-using Operator outfit pieces. C'mon DE, this is crippling the fashion opportunities with Harrier, and is why you're barely seeing it used except as a complete set (as far as I've seen).

• 2 weeks later...

13 Operator Outfits (+5 standalone pieces of headwear) use the Lining channel for their metallics.

3 Operator Outfits that use channels other than Lining (Harrier, Kubrodon, and Outrider). Harrier is the only colorable dual-metallic outfit I could find outside of Bishamo, and they only share 1 metallic channel, the Primary. Kubrodon is the only outfit with only 1 metallic on Primary, and Outrider is the only outfit with 1 metallic that's on Secondary.

Why??? Why can't they all have their main metallic on the Lining channel, with their smaller additional metallics channel (if/when they have them) on the Tertiary channel?

I was really looking forward to using the Badass-looking Harrier outfit alongside some of the cool, fun Operator Outfits I love, that mix and match well together, like the Manduka, the Saita, the Commodore, and other Tenno/Prime/Umbra-themed options, and then felt scammed when they didn't go together at all, because it was decided to be the third out of only 2 other exceptions to the metallics assignment. Feels like a waste of plat when it goes together like these images 🤢

hO4eN3d.jpgIrUTK5W.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How many times/months will I have to bump this thread for someone at DE to recognize how universally incompatible the Harrier's current color channel assignments are with everything else? 😩

I can't imagine it's that hard to do, please switch the primary and lining channels, and the secondary and tertiary channels, for Harrier, and we'll be able to mix and match properly with the other 13 metallic-utilizing operator outfits. (You could swap the resulting primary/ secondary whichever way you thought was best).

Please look at the previous screenshots. Electric-yellow metallics from the other 13 outfits shouldn't give Harrier a yellow turtle belly, Rose gold metallics on the Harrier shouldn't result in garish peach colors on the matte, nonmetallic channels on the majority of other outfits. 

Bumping since it's ridiculous to only have 3 (or 4 if you count Bishamo) outfits breaking the convention set by 13 other outfits and 5 additional hoods. People will almost *never* want their metallic color selections to be applied to their primary or secondary channels on their outfits, since for the majority of outfits, this is where you have matte or glossy textures that take the color substantially differently.

• 1 month later...

I'm still supremely disappointed that the Harrier Operator outfit sucks so badly at mix-and-matching with 13 of the other metallic-using Operator outfits. Only Harrier and 2 other Operator outfits have a metallic on a channel other than on the Lining channel! But it ruins their ability to combo with so many other outfits!! I paid for a fashion that I expected to be able to mix and match, not exclusively use standalone!

• 2 months later...

Half a year later, and the Harrier outfit still SUCKS at mix and matching with any other outfits, since you're stuck making so many channels use colors that look good as both matte or metallic, or using operator outfit components that flat out don't/hardly show those specific color channels.

For real DE, how do these look okay to you?

hO4eN3d.jpg

An electric golden yellow on multiple other outfit pieces, that turns into a darker orange matte color on Harrier?

IrUTK5W.jpg

A slick copper metallic on Harrier that turns garishly peachy? A matte black on Harrier that turns the metallics of the non-Harrier outfits dull?

Please follow your own conventional standards, and make the primary metallic channels Lining/Accent, and turn for any secondary metallic channels, use Tertiary. We would be able to mix and match so many more of these potentially fun outfits together if they didn't demand that we use boring colors in order for the mattes and metallics to look decent.

Archived