Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At-a-glance numbers comparison of Internal Bleeding/Hemorrhage with Hunter Munitions

continue

Base Status Chance required for a 100% Impact weapon to match Hunter Munitions with 100% Crit Chance in number of slash procs per shot when Fire Rate < 2.5:

Dual Stat Mods        
  0 1 2 3 4
Impact Mods 0 0.6 1.2 1.8 2.4
0 42.86 42.86 42.86 42.86 42.86
0.3 42.86 39.15 37.46 36.50 35.88
0.6 42.86 36.83 34.09 32.53 31.51
0.9 42.86 35.24 31.78 29.81 28.53
1.2 42.86 34.09 30.11 27.83 26.36

Note that this is purely comparing the number of slash procs, in isolation of other factors like critical damage or your viral proc rate. Considering that it takes about 25% base crit chance to reach 100% crit with point strike and argon scope or 40% base crit chance with just point strike, it seems somewhat balanced at first glance, assuming you can find a Slow, High Impact, High Status weapon. (Sobek? Mutalist Cernos, maybe? Secura Penta memes with magnetize? Sonicor?)

Maybe it even stacks with Hunter Munitions on Cernos Prime or Vulkar Wraith. I dunno. Double your slash procs maybe. That's not broken I swear

I hope someone tests it with weapons that have guaranteed Impact procs, such as Daikyu, Arca Plasmor, Sonicor etc.

Equations used:

Spoiler
  • Slash % Chance = 0.7 * Impact % Chance
  • Impact % Chance = Modded Status Chance * Impact Damage/Modded Damage
    • Impact Damage = Base Damage * (1 + Impact Mod Multiplier)
    • Modded Damage = Base Damage * (1 + Dual Stat Mod Multiplier + Impact Mod Multiplier)
    • Modded Status Chance = Base Status Chance * (1 + Dual Stat Mod Multiplier)

Setting Slash % Chance = 30 and solving for Base Status Chance yields,

• Base Status Chance = 30/(0.7)/ [ (1+ Dual Stat Mod Multiplier) * (1 + Impact Mod Multiplier)/(1 + Dual Stat Mod Multiplier) ]
    •  = 30/0.7/ [ (1+D)*(1+I)/(1+D+I) ]
    • where D = dual stat mod multiplier and I = impact mod multiplier

interesting new mod i guess

all hail the slash-viral meta?

7 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

They might was well just make Bleed the status effect for physical damage at this point. 

And the only reason someone would ever complain about such change is... that there would be less multiplier for condition overload.
Virtually no one cares about other status effects for anything other than giving you more multiplier on your slash....

1 hour ago, Reitrix said:

I like how they can see that Slash is king of the IPS but instead of bringing Impact and Puncture usefullness up to Slash level, they just make everything Slash instead. -__-

Last time they proposed an attempt to make Impact and Puncture better, we rioted so hard they cancelled the entire Khora sidequest. I think we just scared them off for good

For those complaining that DE made the mod in the first place what else are they supposed to do? So long as Slash ignores armor there is nothing they can do to make Impact and Puncture on par without giving them the same properties as slash or nerfing Slash itself. And the moment this community gets a wiff of DE wanting to nerf slash they get their pitchforks out. Slash is just too powerful (on top of other design/balance issues) to allow room for the other physical status types to function on their own.

As for how the mods look I've yet to get them to drop but they may open up some interesting builds for otherwise overlooked weapons. But I have my doubts as to it being worth stacking with H.Munitions over other mods.

2 hours ago, trst said:

For those complaining that DE made the mod in the first place what else are they supposed to do? So long as Slash ignores armor there is nothing they can do to make Impact and Puncture on par without giving them the same properties as slash or nerfing Slash itself. And the moment this community gets a wiff of DE wanting to nerf slash they get their pitchforks out. Slash is just too powerful (on top of other design/balance issues) to allow room for the other physical status types to function on their own.

As for how the mods look I've yet to get them to drop but they may open up some interesting builds for otherwise overlooked weapons. But I have my doubts as to it being worth stacking with H.Munitions over other mods.

There will always be something thats best. Also- i thought impact was good against shields? Maybe enemy shields need a buff. Then people can start falling in love with impact. 

1 hour ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Since kuva weapons can have impact as their element I wonder if slash nukor will be the new meta lol

You mister are a complete degenerate and I like it. Going to get a second kuva nukor just because of you.

As I already said elsewhere: impact applying slash status effect is the bandaidest of bandaids.

1 hour ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

Since kuva weapons can have impact as their element I wonder if slash nukor will be the new meta lol

Remember to bring a viral primer for your impact/slash nukor. Maybe a melee weapon?

5 hours ago, ebrl said:

As I already said elsewhere: impact applying slash status effect is the bandaidest of bandaids.

Remember to bring a viral primer for your impact/slash nukor. Maybe a melee weapon?

I'll admit it'd be weird. The impact element would allow for slash with Hemorrhage. Then you could also add viral 60/60s.

And you'd already be up to 5 status effects Radiation, Viral, Slash, Impact & Microwave. You could throw heat into the mix too, and saxum spittle for more impact and status chance since you have a physical type now. 

6 elemental effects on a massively high status chance weapon is nothing to scoff at. Condition overload approved.

12 hours ago, trst said:

The issue is armor. At low armor levels, IPS decently balanced. When a new player first clears out the star chart, without the proper elemental mods or many mods in general, IPS actually matters. It's only when armor starts scaling along with health that it snowballs into absurdity with Slash being the only option that can keep up.

Armor just needs to be flat.

Then again, all damage multipliers probably need to be reined in as Warframe's Damage system is all over the place. Make's Genshin Impact's damage system look balanced.

10 hours ago, KittySkin said:

You mister are a complete degenerate and I like it. Going to get a second kuva nukor just because of you.

I actually gave my first Nukor Impact because the idea of an AoE stagger beam was funny to me. 

Can confirm it causes Nukor to shred even harder. 
Mine has:
-Impact
-Heat
-Viral
-Radiation
And now Slash. lol.

33 minutes ago, Reitrix said:

I actually gave my first Nukor Impact because the idea of an AoE stagger beam was funny to me. 

Can confirm it causes Nukor to shred even harder. 
Mine has:
-Impact
-Heat
-Viral
-Radiation
And now Slash. lol.

The absolute primer

Archived