Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let me fly my own ship

fatpig84

Previously if I launched from dojo or the gap from my liset, I can fly my own Railjack.
I know this was obviously done to help with population levels but what is the point of making a ship that I can't use except solo or invite only?

Sure crews help but they aren't real players.

Just make it so if I launch from my dry dock, I will always start a new instance and using my own ship. 

That is all for now.

P.S. Flux energy was great, why remove it?

Yeah I feel a little burnt by this change as well. I foolishly spent all my Intrinsics to max out Piloting (i had barely enough, was nowhere near maxed out across intrinsics prior to update) so atm my 10 piloting means I have to very politely negotiate with whoever ends up host to let me do the thing I'm specced for on their ship. It's not ideal.

Yes, eventually I'll be able to get up my other intrinsics, yes Command helps solo queuing so that grind might be less onerous...one of the biggest things I enjoy in RJ is the fantasy of being a ship's helmsman, piloting, boosting, ramming, all of it! But if I can't open up a lobby where I feel secure that I'll actually have a chance to do it, it kind of kills the mode for me, at least for multiplayer outside of premade groups.

I was actually going to make a thread on this if someone hadn't beat me to it. Even though the plexus is a thing now, the host still determines the railjack's armaments. There are so many people playing railjack at the moment whose turrets are useless because they never crafted mk3 armaments. Most of the ones who do have mk3 armaments are still using the pre-update armaments, like the photor and apox. Don't get me wrong, those guns are effective, but some of the new ones are a lot of fun. I really have to praise DE on how the new railjack armaments feel. I used a rush repair drone on the first Zekti Talyn that dropped for me, because laser machine gun go brrrrrr. My clan has also already researched all of the sigma mk3 armaments, and I crafted a set of each to test them out. I'd like to be able to host railjack missions because my railjack has the new stuff, but public games keep preventing me from doing so.

I came here to make a post exactly about this.

I could live with every other change even if i preferred the old railjack system in every way (why couldn't you just add a system to convert Dirac to Endo and change the damage descriptors to match the rest, while keeping avionics/grid et all the same? it would had solved the resource and damage types criticism and allowed you to control the conversion rate...). But this one single change pretty much ruined my enjoyment of RJ. I never joined someone elses RJ, i always started from my own and if people joined then all the greater. I enjoy flying my ship, that is why i kept playing it. I enjoyed the animation of my ship entering hyperspace whenever i would start a mission from it, it put me into the right head space. Now i just get thrown in into the chaos, with pilots who don't know what the heck they doing, in ships that aren't my own. I really really dislike this and its turning me off from the whole mode, which i absolutely loved before :(

same thing. I do some decent stuff on my Ship and cannot fly it and get on 2k HP ships with random MKI (?) Guns that are useless. I mean sure let jump new players into this but this is just annoying. This wont work this way because ppl cant use their own toys when they want to. 
To the Devs ... dont get the Idea that would hurt the match making because many ppl just dont want to bring their own ship. This could be because they dont have the gear or dont like to fly or want to zipping around in archwing ect.  We should get the option to choose to use the own ship and this would be fine otherwise you would just push ppl out of this content because they dont want to fly bad fitted wrecks. ^^

yeah I really want to be able to start in my own ship. this system also makes it really hard to try out new railjack weapons in the field too, I equipped some of the new weapons and wanted to try them out on a harder level to gauge their effectiveness, but found that no matter what I did, I would always end up on someone else's ship. I really like the new railjack stuff, but this one decision is driving me nuts. it really makes changing and outfitting your railjack feel largely useless when a vast majority of the time you never use it.

36 minutes ago, 70mato70 said:

yeah I really want to be able to start in my own ship. this system also makes it really hard to try out new railjack weapons in the field too, I equipped some of the new weapons and wanted to try them out on a harder level to gauge their effectiveness, but found that no matter what I did, I would always end up on someone else's ship. I really like the new railjack stuff, but this one decision is driving me nuts. it really makes changing and outfitting your railjack feel largely useless when a vast majority of the time you never use it.

Technically you could to test... Just get command to 6 and get 3 crews then do solo, but they are rarely the best.

But of course the real test is with player crews.

On 2021-03-20 at 2:03 AM, SignatureChewy said:

I was actually going to make a thread on this if someone hadn't beat me to it. Even though the plexus is a thing now, the host still determines the railjack's armaments. There are so many people playing railjack at the moment whose turrets are useless because they never crafted mk3 armaments. Most of the ones who do have mk3 armaments are still using the pre-update armaments, like the photor and apox.

Blame DE for making Railjack something nobody wants to play lol

I don't like how after i got a new modification to my railjack, that i can't simply force my railjack on a mission, i'm forced to ride other peoples railjack, and this is one of the major bummers i have about this update, everything else i am like 100% okay with

• 1 month later...

Archived