DE really should allow us to buy other parts of a collection for a lower price

Are you like me and bought a deluxe skin in the past and thought "hmm now that I have extra plat I can finally get the rest of the collection" only to be blocked by the game stating you cant. I find this very annoying I just want to get the rest of the stuff from a collection scratch the one thing I bought (a skin for example). The game currently states "Item is already owned in your inventory, you cannot have duplicates of this same item" this means the collection is blocked and im unable to purchase it, there is no way to remove the duplicate from my inventory since its something you cant sell. This is both dumb and can easily be fixed, all DE has to do is just sell the collection for the player without that one piece from it. For example, I want the Inaros Ramses skin collection that has a sword skin and a syandana, I already own the Inaros skin which is 150p, that would leave about 75ish plat left for the collection. I understand that the spaghetti code might not work in that way but its something I really want to be fixed. 

Here's an example: Imgur

• Like 15

I've just had this exact issue, I bought the Skathi skin for Ivara and not the collection as I did not check that the Ballistica was a secondary weapon and not a primary. After realizing thus, I wanted to buy the Ballistica skin only to be blocked by this same exact issue because you can't buy the skin separately.

• Like 1

Yeah. Someone else brought this up a week ago or so
The fact is that DE makes a pretty penny from bundles and allowing discounts through stuff you already have would cut into those profits. For some reason, my game decided that my Stalker will drop anything except Despair. However, I'm not gonna spend 800 platinum just to get one item I don't have.
Discounts like these should have been implemented years ago, but won't be for the reason I mentioned

• Like 2

I want to buy the What Stalker bundle to get the bow, but I already own the color extension, so it will not let me buy the bundle (it says I already have the item in my inventory, even though I only have 1 item of the 4). Is there a way around this? It seems like a bug.

25 minutes ago, omgjpalol said:

Is there a way around this?

Actually, there is. Kill Stalker for the other 3.

That way, you can use those 880 platinum of that pack into something else that's more relevant and important.

Edited by Uhkretor

I have the same issue. I really want to buy the Nekros Irkalla Collection to get the Irkalla Binds Auxiliary but because I've already purchased the skin, it won't let me. I don't know why at the very least they won't let you just buy the entire collection for the full price and just not give a duplicate of the skin. It's a win-win. We become able to buy the collection, and they get more plat, instead of a discounted amount as the OP suggested. Although that would be nice too. Just anything to be able to buy the collection would be nice.

18 hours ago, iStripForCake said:

I don't know why at the very least they won't let you just buy the entire collection for the full price and just not give a duplicate of the skin.

This has been how it has been with bundles for years, last update somehow made it unable for no apparent reason.

• Like 1
On 2021-03-23 at 8:38 PM, OwlOfJune said:

This has been how it has been with bundles for years, last update somehow made it unable for no apparent reason.

I just started playing again after a multi-year hiatus. When I was playing, it was the way it is now. You're saying they changed it and changed it again?

On 2021-03-19 at 9:38 PM, Lady_Silver said:

The game currently states "Item is already owned in your inventory, you cannot have duplicates of this same item" this means the collection is blocked and im unable to purchase it,

I didn't know this😮 !!!

And here I thought DE was being Greedy... Turns out they are just Nuts. 🤔

3 hours ago, iStripForCake said:

I just started playing again after a multi-year hiatus. When I was playing, it was the way it is now. You're saying they changed it and changed it again?

At least according to my memory from 2018, that was how bundles went. I don't know why they would stopped doing that.

Totally agree here... be like steam and just discount the bundle price depending on what you already own. Still trying to bundle discount whatever is left to be enticing. 

P.S. Would totally buy the Baruk Cosmetic for the orbiter if I could get it solo.... just sayin

P.P.S. They did just split all the pet cosmetics from their bundles within the last few months so u could apply the login discounts too them... so maybeeeeee???

P.P.P.S. 🤞

• Like 2

I have the same issue, I bought a skin a while ago and can't buy the bundle now to get the armor set. I wouldn't mind having a duplicate, but not being able to buy the bundle at all is annoying. I hope this gets fixed. 

• Like 1

Fixed ingame Market Bundles containing single-purchase items not being flagged as owned/unpurchasable if you already own one of the single-purchase components. - this is from railjack retrofit relase notes. So its not bug, its actually intentional for some weird reason. It sound like that you being able to buy things was bug that went on for years...

So that leads to strange situations. I finally decided to buy ash koga and excalibur zato collections for sweet nikanas skins for my collection. Have extra plat, i bought it with 75% discount. But now i cant spend it on things that i want, plat that i actually bought. First time ever i heard devs dont want players to spend money by locking vast amount of content. Yeah, i can buy other skins that will come eventually, but its in devs interest that i buy things both now and later, is it not? I mean, this can lead to situations where you cant buy collection just cause you have color palette that someone gave you as a gift... So i guess we can hope that this weird policy will be changed soon, it can cause lot of complications for DE. 

• Like 1